Page 51 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1397

Thread: [Deck] Sneak and Show

Jan 2014
    San Diego, CA

Re: [Deck] Sneak and Show

Anyone dabble with the Hypergenesis variant?

http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=7959&d=245819&f=LE

Quote Originally Posted by TLK View Post

http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=7959&d=245819&f=LE
    This is an entirely different deck archetype. Hypergenesis is more of an all in combo deck. I have no idea why they are calling it Omni-show (well except that it has S&T and Omniscience).

Oct 2011
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by TLK View Post
    This (click) is the thread you're looking for.
    Twitter: @JPAnghelescu

Hit Top 8 in a 20-man tourney for a Gaea's Cradle. I unfortunately faced off against Eldrazi and Taxes in the Top 8, and worse, made key play errors by not using Sneak Attack EOT to keep my creature alive after New Thalia brings it in tapped. Grumble.

Some food for thought: this past weekend I Top 4'ed a 2K with Sneak and Show (splashing two Omniscience). I used several copies of Firebolt in the sideboard, and it was quite effective against aggro-control decks.

Here is a unique version of the Omni-Sneak deck that runs 3 daze and one-of stifle, misdirection, fire/ice in the maindeck: Click (link).

Howdy all. Any significant big changes to the deck?

The thread has been dead for some time now

Re: [DTB] Sneak and Show

Quote Originally Posted by JPA View Post
    Congratulations to Tom Luckett for winning the SCG Columbus Legacy Classic with Omnisneak.

I'm not sure how effective Release the Ants without Firemind's Foresight is, though.
    Here can i comment on traditional snaeak and show and omnisneak or there's a new thread for this last?

Just Top 4'ed Mythic Games' Monthly 2K with Sneak and Show for the second month in a row.

I main-deck two Omniscience in the list, and also include a sideboard Form of the Dragon. List and match-ups to follow.

Feb 2015
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Keller View Post

... and also include a sideboard Form of the Dragon. List and match-ups to follow.
    Sick tech Is this only for the Eldrazi Matchup?

Quote Originally Posted by AnvilOfCrom View Post
    Sick tech Is this only for the Eldrazi Matchup?
    Eldrazi and any other deck that's predicated on pushing damage through on the ground.

Eldrazi and any other deck that's predicated on pushing damage through on the ground.
    d and t? Elves?

I've actually kind of brought it in more so against Miracles and Eldrazi. Sure, Miracles has ways around it. But unless they find five power in the air (that actually resolves) by the time the card pushes big damage through, it won't matter. Eldrazi has a very hard time with it, but D/T and Elves I get a little leery about because they always seem to have ways around it. It usually comes out of left field and wins the game on its own.

Oct 2011
    Berlin, Germany

Re: [DTB] Sneak and Show

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenCid View Post
    Here can i comment on traditional snaeak and show and omnisneak or there's a new thread for this last?
    Yes, Omnisneak is just another variant of Sneak and Show, it still contains both Sneak Attack and Show and Tell and I don't like the fact that tcdecks and other deck list sites often list it as "Omnitell", because it leads to misrepresentation of metagame numbers.

Just Top 4'ed Mythic Games' Monthly 2K with Sneak and Show for the second month in a row.
    Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Howdy all. Any significant big changes to the deck?

The thread has been dead for some time now
    No significant changes, but I returned to regular Sneak and Show and have been very happy with it. Currently 13-2 with this test list in 3 MTGO Leagues:

Why omni in side?

i think if you dont run it main, use sb slots for protection

Oct 2011
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenCid View Post
    Why omni in side?
    It's an excellent sideboard card against any deck where your creatures can get answered or raced. I'd rather have 2 Jaces in the main deck at the moment.

Feb 2016
    Rock Hill, SC

Doesn't T1 Chalice on 1 from Eldrazi just kill this version? You can't always have T1 protection.

Oct 2011
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Zooligan View Post
    Doesn't T1 Chalice on 1 from Eldrazi just kill this version?
    Since our combo is completely unaffected by Chalice on 1, the worst-case-scenario where T1 Chalice possibly "kills this version" would be if I kept a cantrip-heavy hand without any combo pieces on the draw.
    Still, a 12 cantrip version obviously gets hit a little harder by Chalice than an 8 cantrip build with Intuition.

Feb 2016
    Rock Hill, SC

Quote Originally Posted by JPA View Post
    Since our combo is completely unaffected by Chalice on 1, the worst-case-scenario where T1 Chalice possibly "kills this version" would be if I kept a cantrip-heavy hand without any combo pieces on the draw.
    Still, a 12 cantrip version obviously gets hit a little harder by Chalice than an 8 cantrip build with Intuition.
    On paper, a list with a Cunning Wish package that can grab anti-artifact (or enchantment, or creature, ...) tech on-the-fly seems more resilient. Do you think just having more in on the combo and trying to out-speed the opponent is a better strategy right now?

EDIT: I have noticed in several lists with the wish package have Illusion of Choice from Conspiracy in it. What voting takes place on a regular enough basis that this card merits SB space? Or is it just instant speed draw 1 for ?
    Last edited by Zooligan; 09-27-2016 at 09:22 AM.

Whenever I played with this deck I played 12 cantrips including 4 Preordain. It's definitely where you want to be IMO. Some decks only have discard to disrupt you and having more cantrips lets you get out of discard scenarios pretty easily.

Also, in the meta right now I think that Miracles is the measuring point, and with a combo deck against the better versions of Miracles the faster you are, the better.

Finally, Intuition is pathetic against Surgical Extraction, which is widely played right now.

Thread Information