Page 59 of 70 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1397

Thread: [Deck] Sneak and Show

Re: [DTB] Sneak and Show

Long time lurker in many threads. I'm most likely playing this deck in Vegas in a few weeks. Wanna get some feedback on my list + sideboard. I was originally playing the cunning wish package, but decided to drop it in favor of a real sideboard.

I'm gearing it to beat D&T and Grixis delver.

3 Island
    3 Volcanic Island
    1 Mountain
    2 City of Traitors
    3 Polluted Delta
    3 Ancient Tomb
    4 Scalding Tarn

4 Griselbrand
    3 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    3 Omniscience
    4 Sneak Attack
    4 Lotus Petal
    1 Misdirection
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Flusterstorm
    4 Force of Will
    1 Spell Pierce
    3 Preordain
    4 Ponder
    4 Show and Tell

SB: 1 Boseiju, Who Shelters All
    SB: 2 Blood Moon
    SB: 4 Leyline of Sanctity
    SB: 1 Grafdigger's Cage
    SB: 2 Engineered Explosives
    SB: 1 Wipe Away
    SB: 1 Flusterstorm
    SB: 1 Surgical Extraction
    SB: 1 Kozilek's Return
    SB: 1 Red Elemental Blast

what is the consensus on Boseiju? Could it be a better card? Maindeck Misdirection is something I'm trying out for the Grixis decks. Beating countermagic is pretty feasible, but beating Countermagic + discard is really rough, and that's where the leylines come in.

Open to suggestions on anything, and thanks in advance.

Ok so today was a legacy tournament for a piece of power... Had a bad day went 2-5 my only wins were vs ur delver which we all know is a good match up and BR reanimator which is a better match up than UB... My loses were to 2 grixas delver, a colorless eldrazi, a Eureka tell and a burn deck that too be fair I was not trying to win at that point

4 emrakul
    4 grislebrand

4 sneak attack
    4 show and tell
    2 omniscience

4 force of will
    3 spell pierce
    1 flusterstorm

4 brainstorm
    4 ponder
    3 preordain

4 lotus petal
    4 scalding tarn
    3 flooded strand
    3 ancient tomb
    3 volcanic island
    3 island
    2 city of traitors
    1 mountain

SB

2 blood moon
    1 boseju, who shelters all
    1 defense grid
    1 flusterstorm
    1 grim lavamancer
    2 grafdigger's cage
    1 jace, the mind sculpture
    1 kozilek's return
    1 pyroblast
    1 pyroclasm
    1 red elemental blast
    1 vedillion clique
    1 wipe away

.... Was .y board right... Turned out to be a lot of grixas in the room. How I boarded vs grixas was...

Out

2 omniscience
    3 preordain
    2 spell pierce
    1 grislebrand
    1 louts petal

In

2 blood moon
    1 defense grid
    1 flusterstorm
    1 boseju
    1 grim lavamancer
    1 pyroblast
    1 pyroclasm
    1 red elemental blast.

... Was this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker1348 View Post
    Long time lurker in many threads. I'm most likely playing this deck in Vegas in a few weeks. Wanna get some feedback on my list + sideboard. I was originally playing the cunning wish package, but decided to drop it in favor of a real sideboard.

I'm gearing it to beat D&T and Grixis delver.

3 Island
    3 Volcanic Island
    1 Mountain
    2 City of Traitors
    3 Polluted Delta
    3 Ancient Tomb
    4 Scalding Tarn

4 Griselbrand
    3 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    3 Omniscience
    4 Sneak Attack
    4 Lotus Petal
    1 Misdirection
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Flusterstorm
    4 Force of Will
    1 Spell Pierce
    3 Preordain
    4 Ponder
    4 Show and Tell

SB: 1 Boseiju, Who Shelters All
    SB: 2 Blood Moon
    SB: 4 Leyline of Sanctity
    SB: 1 Grafdigger's Cage
    SB: 2 Engineered Explosives
    SB: 1 Wipe Away
    SB: 1 Flusterstorm
    SB: 1 Surgical Extraction
    SB: 1 Kozilek's Return
    SB: 1 Red Elemental Blast

what is the consensus on Boseiju? Could it be a better card? Maindeck Misdirection is something I'm trying out for the Grixis decks. Beating countermagic is pretty feasible, but beating Countermagic + discard is really rough, and that's where the leylines come in.

Open to suggestions on anything, and thanks in advance.
    So I firmly believe you want boseju still post miracle's specifically for delver. The primer says to play it as the 20th land vs delver, which I believe is right

Hey JPA, I've been following your results on MODO and it looks like you've been experimenting a bunch. If you don't mind sharing, what is currently the "best" build for the deck?

Oct 2015
    Virginia

I would hate to rely on boseiju since delver packs wastelands. Especially if they expect it after SBing.
    Now Playing:
    Dark depths
    Reanimator
    MUD
    Disclaimer: The above person does not claim to have knowledge pertaining to the following subject: anything. Thus, said person may not be held liable for any mishaps/explosions that his advice incurs.

I'm already playing 2x Defense Grid in the side. This would be in place of one of the two Flusterstorm or two Pyroblast currently in the board.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjace View Post
    I would hate to rely on boseiju since delver packs wastelands. Especially if they expect it after SBing.
    Its not that you are relying on it... They are already trying to slow you down by wasting deals and sol lands... The goal I believe is the reduce the number of waste they have.... If they waste you twislce then your boseju has a better chance at uncapping... You also don't want to get wasted out the game... But I find that even d grid isn't enough to fight them... I dedicated a good 10 cards innthe board to stand a chance, see cut through the breech to give me some sort of edge that we don't really have.... I think it may be right to have surgical boarded in vs delver to get their waste and other disruption. Kinda like a super gitaxian probe now you know how to play against them...they cant beat resolved. Sneak so maybe the goal is to force the first wasteland then remove them all and fight for it.... Its a tjeroy for mow but it might work

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    I'm already playing 2x Defense Grid in the side. This would be in place of one of the two Flusterstorm or two Pyroblast currently in the board.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
    So I know you need them and you really want to see them in your opening hand but... Maybe cut a leylines... I don't like this plan on the base fact outside of showing it into play, showing omni or holding back 2 petals you cant cast it.... So you dilute your deck to just avoid discard and burn... I might be wrong but that's just how I feel on it

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

I agree with Warbeast here: Leylines are awesome, but having to mull a good opening-hand, or even a topdeck late game, is not what you want.
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

Alright, so if leyline is not the way to go, here's what I've come up with. Also, what do you think of Sin Prodder in the Sideboard? is it just too cute, or can it actually serve a purpose in our grixis match g2/3?

1 Boseiju, who shelters All
    3 Blood Moon
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Surgical Extraction
    2 Enginneered Explosives
    1 Kozilek's Return
    1 Pyroclasm
    1 Flusterstorm
    1 Red Elemental Blast
    1 Wipe Away
    2 ????

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker1348 View Post
    Alright, so if leyline is not the way to go, here's what I've come up with. Also, what do you think of Sin Prodder in the Sideboard? is it just too cute, or can it actually serve a purpose in our grixis match g2/3?

1 Boseiju, who shelters All
    3 Blood Moon
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Surgical Extraction
    2 Enginneered Explosives
    1 Kozilek's Return
    1 Pyroclasm
    1 Flusterstorm
    1 Red Elemental Blast
    1 Wipe Away
    2 ????
    So I think maybe we try to match value vs grixis... So maybe just maybe. We go back to an old sideboard tech that we had in the old omnitell list when dig was around... Young pyromancer so when battle back with counters while getting value of pyromancer. Game 2 they might just have bolts in but they board in edicts so this not only gives us a clock but it also makes 2 cards blanks... And if they DO manage to invasive surgery out show and tell then we just go on the protect the sneak and pyromancer plan.....

Also I think you should also have 2 grids in your board swell as counters and boseju... They hate boseju more cause its inevitably. So the goal is to force their wastelands while preserving your life total..

So for your board I would play it as is minus a blood moon and an explosives and ass 2 young pyromancer and 2 d grids... That's just my opinion.

Sin prouder I think isn't what we want. It POTENTIALLY draws us more cards all they will do is let us draw the erakuls and grislebrands and omni if you have them thennmill the shows sneaks anklet you fight for nothing. If drawing cards is what you want I think you want a walker maybe like jace or new chandra

Does anyone have a boarding guide/article ,or a link to one, or know of a page here in the thread with a good one on it? I need guidance...

Edit: I was wondering how people feel about one or two Vendilion Clique in the board, like peezy was suggested.
    Last edited by Secretly.A.Bee; 06-08-2017 at 03:16 PM.

Does anyone have a boarding guide/article ,or a link to one, or know of a page here in the thread with a good one on it? I need guidance...

Edit: I was wondering how people feel about one or two Vendilion Clique in the board, like peezy was suggested.
    I don't have one really I just use the primer as a guideline and try to stick to it as close as I can..

Clique is fine good vs the combo match can be used vs delver as a pseudo probe/thoughtseize to see if coast is clear... Helps vs reanimator... And a cheap threat... I think it or peezy are both good option... So I think it is preference based

I have day 2'd GP Vegas with a 6-3 record with Sneak and Show. I need advice on how to board and play against (strategy) delver. specifically, BUG, as in Team America. Is that just a bad matchup or is there a way to play this one? I've been playing around Stifle and Daze, it's been fine. Maybe I just had decision fatigue, but it felt harder than the Grixis did...

Edit: placed 466th. Not bad for first tourney ever with it.
    Last edited by Secretly.A.Bee; 06-18-2017 at 02:20 AM.

I have day 2'd GP Vegas with a 6-3 record with Sneak and Show. I need advice on how to board and play against (strategy) delver. specifically, BUG, as in Team America. Is that just a bad matchup or is there a way to play this one? I've been playing around Stifle and Daze, it's been fine. Maybe I just had decision fatigue, but it felt harder than the Grixis did...

I've always found delver with discard like Thoughtseize and Hymn is worse than the soft permission heavy builds like RUG and Grixis. Leyline is kinda a hit or miss card, whereas Defense Grid is a great answer against delver countermagic.
    From nothing came teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    I really don't know why you're complaining about top being banned since you seem to be very good at Soothsaying.

Defense Grid works against your own protection package, though.

I'll post my list, I haven't had any time to change it. Maybe you could give your opinion as to what comes in and what goes out.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Mar 2013
    Aalborg, Denmark

I'm wondering about Gitaxian Probe. I know that space is tight, but it seems to be that the information one gleans this way is really helpful especially when not running black and Thoughtseize. Thoughts?

explosive
    Feb 2006
    Germany - RLP

There's a way to play it, but it's not a pleasant matchup indeed. I usually board out Spell Pierces as you already need to play around Daze in general, and having Spell Pierce as a reliable backup is mana inefficient. Blood Moon in general is a beating for most Delvers as is Defense Grid (another reason to trim down all 1-Mana counters, except for Pyroblasts as they can kill Delvers which can be huge).

But against the BUG variant with Hymn and Liliana of the Veil, it is recommended to board in Flusterstorm and Blood Moon. In general, the Delver matchup postboard revolves more around sticking an important threat to the board that usually cuts down any interaction with you (Moon, Grid) or wins (Sneak Attack which can't be Decay'd, SnT --> Omni/Grisel/Emrakul). You are not necessarily trying to win counterwars here (the modern Delver decks aren't really capable of doing that anyway).

Pyroclasm is also a very good card against Delver. It hits DRS, Delver, YP and his tokens, so pretty much everything except Gurmag Angler or True Name Nemesis. But Nemesis is not a good card in that MU and is likely to get boarded out and Gurmag Angler also doesn't really come down really early I'd estimate.
    Team SPOD
    <Der_imaginäre_Freund> props:
    Adan for being the NQG God (drawer)

Dec 2010
    Beijing/Shenzhen

I once played Clique in the SB, it does well in a combo heavy meta.
    Team Blood, Beijing.
    Currently play: Sneaky Show/ Lands

Thread Information