Page 60 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1397

Thread: [Deck] Sneak and Show

Re: [DTB] Sneak and Show

Hi fellow SnS players :-)

I'm playing the deck on-line and it's super fun AND super powerful! The side board and the two flex slots are changing consistently. Simian Spirit Guide, Flusterstorm and Intuition were all tested in the flex slots. And for the flex slots I'm looking for some advice. I didn't test Jace, Probe and Omni. So my question is which cards would you put in the flex slots if you expect lots of grixis delver and d'n't? Thx

Dec 2010
    Beijing/Shenzhen

Quote Originally Posted by Don D View Post
    Hi fellow SnS players :-)

I'm playing the deck on-line and it's super fun AND super powerful! The side board and the two flex slots are changing consistently. Simian Spirit Guide, Flusterstorm and Intuition were all tested in the flex slots. And for the flex slots I'm looking for some advice. I didn't test Jace, Probe and Omni. So my question is which cards would you put in the flex slots if you expect lots of grixis delver and d'n't? Thx
    I now play one simian, two daze and one flusterstorm, both daze and simian are good against delver deck.

I play two omniscience in the sb for Dnt.
    Team Blood, Beijing.
    Currently play: Sneaky Show/ Lands

How many Spell Pierce do you run, 3?

Also, Blood Moon is situationally good against both Grixis and DnT.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinZ View Post
    I now play one simian, two daze and one flusterstorm, both daze and simian are good against delver deck.

I play two omniscience in the sb for Dnt.
    The simians were OKish in my testing. Powering out an early Sneak Attack or enabling to drop an Emrakul after a sneaked Griselbrand were the best lines it enabled.

I don't like daze in this deck (although I love it in Delver strategies) because setting back the mana when the deck wants to win with a 3CC/4CC spell.

Flusterstorm is great against delver but sucks big time against DnT.

Is omniscience good enough without the whole cunning wish package? Please let me know how you play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    How many Spell Pierce do you run, 3?

Also, Blood Moon is situationally good against both Grixis and DnT.

I'm running 4 Pierce. I forgot in my post to mention, that I tested Blood Moon (x2) main in the flex slots. It has a huge variance, depending what deck you face. It can completely cripple a deck or do almost nothing. I can see testing it again, but only as a 1-of main with two more copies in the board.

Dec 2010
    Beijing/Shenzhen

The simians were OKish in my testing. Powering out an early Sneak Attack or enabling to drop an Emrakul after a sneaked Griselbrand were the best lines it enabled.

I don't like daze in this deck (although I love it in Delver strategies) because setting back the mana when the deck wants to win with a 3CC/4CC spell.

Flusterstorm is great against delver but sucks big time against DnT.

Is omniscience good enough without the whole cunning wish package? Please let me know how you play it.
    I play omniscience exclusively for the mirror and Dnt, maybe I wanna it in the storm match-up because showing into an emrakul is often not enough.

As for daze, against delver, I think more often I want to have one on my combo turn to protect my combo, and countering a turn one delver may buy us a lot of time.
    Team Blood, Beijing.

I play omniscience exclusively for the mirror and Dnt, maybe I wanna it in the storm match-up because showing into an emrakul is often not enough.

As for daze, against delver, I think more often I want to have one on my combo turn to protect my combo, and countering a turn one delver may buy us a lot of time.
    Thanks! I think I'll put two omniscience in my flex slots for some test games to get a feel for it.

EDIT2: The two omnisciences are now part of the SB
    Last edited by Don D; 07-11-2017 at 05:19 PM.

I play 2 Omni main, but no wishes or anything else, I really like them. Blood moon is a 2-of in my board, there are very few metas where I would play Moon in the main.

General question, how much D&T and Maverick would have to be in a meta before you moved to at least one Kozilek's Return over Pyroclasm? I'd never do it online, but I feel like I see D&T and at least one Mav player every event I go to around here. Instant speed is nice in general as well but the 3rd mana makes it miserable to cast against Delver.
    From nothing came teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    I really don't know why you're complaining about top being banned since you seem to be very good at Soothsaying.

After testing more cards in the flex slots (even pithing needle aganist wastes and port/shaman), I'm back at the SSGs. They are realy good against the mana denial from dnt and delver, in addition to accel the deck against other strategies. The SB is also starting to settle down, with a focus on delver, dnt and reanimator/dredge (the 3 worst mu). List will be posted the next time I'm at the desktop.

EDIT: I also tested daze over spell pierce. It was good against delver but abyssmal against dnt. So they left the deck again.

Dec 2010
    Beijing/Shenzhen

EDIT: I also tested daze over spell pierce. It was good against delver but abyssmal against dnt. So they left the deck again.
    daze could help in delver and combo match-up, and both daze and spell pierce are really bad against dnt.

I used to play 2 massacre wurm in the sb to fight dnt 3 years ago, I can say it was really good.
    Team Blood, Beijing.

I think if you want a creature in the board to exclusively shore up the DnT matchup, wouldn't Progenitus still be the best choice?

I used to play 2 massacre wurm in the sb to fight dnt 3 years ago, I can say it was really good.
    The problem is to get the creature into play against all their hate bears the first place. Pyroclasm over massacre wurm all day.

Could you explain to me, in which situations the wurm is so good (=better than grisel/emrakul)?

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Posting from the branches that I live in with my ape family to say I got top 16 with this deck at the classic today. When is Griselbrand getting banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

I suppose when he becomes a problem. Why, does he feel better than normal? My girlfriend plays SnS and I play DnT, I win way more than she does when we play, and that is often.

I don't think there is a reason to even consider a ban right now. Feels healthy, and with the spoiling of Sorcerous Spyglass in ixalan, I see even less reason for a ban.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    I suppose when he becomes a problem. Why, does he feel better than normal? My girlfriend plays SnS and I play DnT, I win way more than she does when we play, and that is often.

I don't think there is a reason to even consider a ban right now. Feels healthy, and with the spoiling of Sorcerous Spyglass in ixalan, I see even less reason for a ban.

I mean, I've never played the deck before. Literal 0 games, 0 testing and went top 16. He's just dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Posting from the branches that I live in with my ape family to say I got top 16 with this deck at the classic today. When is Griselbrand getting banned?
    ethhhcuthe me, sneak and show is a really skill intensive deck that is super hard to play and punishes mistakes like no tomorrow! It's not like Delver which gives free wins left right and centre. Delver should be banned, not Griselbrand or Show and Tell, or as I like to call it, "Channel but better".
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

Yes, he is very good. The deck is also pretty easy to disrupt, though, god-draws notwithstanding.

Martin Nielsen (Top-16'd GP-Lille 2015 and Top 32'd BoM Annecy 2014 with ANT) just recorded a legacy league with OmniTell and wrote a nice piece about his opinion.

Read more: https://snapcardster.com/blog/what-d...ring-to-class/

Dec 2010
    Beijing/Shenzhen

The problem is to get the creature into play against all their hate bears the first place. Pyroclasm over massacre wurm all day.

Could you explain to me, in which situations the wurm is so good (=better than grisel/emrakul)?
    grisel here is not as good that he is in the other match-up, not only due to karakas but also due to revoker or pithing needle.

The only reason I played wurm at that time is that I don't want to board out SNT against dnt, which is much more mana-efficient than sneak or through the breach but pretty risky in game one. Now I still don't want to board out snt so I play omniscience in the sb.
    Team Blood, Beijing.

Thread Information