Page 65 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1397

Thread: [Deck] Sneak and Show

Re: [Deck] Sneak and Show

Sneak attack has been pretty underwhelming with everybody playing Spyglass or Needle in the sb. How do you guys feel about cutting red and replacing it with Eureka, focussing a little more on Omniscience?

Quote Originally Posted by mulder View Post
    Sneak attack has been pretty underwhelming with everybody playing Spyglass or Needle in the sb. How do you guys feel about cutting red and replacing it with Eureka, focussing a little more on Omniscience?
    Does anyone play Spyglass besides Chalice decks? Regardless, Abrade is your friend here, great card against the Delver decks that have needle and the Chalice decks, since they usually have a good amount of artifacts to blow up and it can also kill some of their creatures.
    From nothing came teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    I really don't know why you're complaining about top being banned since you seem to be very good at Soothsaying.

Learning Blue cards
    Nov 2012
    Beijing,China

Quote Originally Posted by mulder View Post
    Needle and Revoker were in the meta, since the first day they printed. Why so scared?
    I hear they got twisters miles wide in the Midwest.

Congratulations to JPA for his impressive result at GP Santa Clara!

are you going to write something about it or about the deck?
    it would be greatly appreciated!

Oct 2011
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Arguru View Post
    Congratulations to JPA for his impressive result at GP Santa Clara!

are you going to write something about it or about the deck?
    it would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks! I don't plan to write anything about the deck in the near future, but my matchups were:

2-1 4c Leo
    0-2 4c Leo (Teammates won)
    2-1 Eldrazi
    2-1 ANT
    2-0 Grixis Delver
    0-2 Deathblade
    2-1 BUG Delver
    2-0 Lands
    2-0 BR Reanimator (Teammates lost)
    2-0 BUG Cloudpost
    2-0 4c Leo
    2-0 Reanimator Depths
    1-1 / 2-1 (teammates won before we finished g3, I would have won) BUG Leo

Top 4
    2-1 4c Leo
    2-0 Grixis Delver (Teammates lost)
    Twitter: @JPAnghelescu

Quote Originally Posted by JPA View Post
    Thanks! I don't plan to write anything about the deck in the near future, but my matchups were:

2-1 4c Leo
    2-1 Eldrazi
    2-1 ANT
    2-0 Grixis Delver
    0-2 Deathblade
    2-1 BUG Delver
    2-0 Lands
    2-0 BUG Cloudpost
    2-0 4c Leo
    2-0 Reanimator Depths

Top 4
    2-1 4c Leo

Congratulations again JPA for the results, you're definitely one of the landmarks for the Build of these deck in the worldwide,
    I would like to ask you a question, could you explain a bit about your SIDE/IN and SIDE/OUT in the various methups?
    I think it's the most important and interesting thing to understand on this list (above all, how do you deal with the delver decks(grixys, BUG, canadian) and 4C control)

congratulations again and thanks in advance for your help

Quote Originally Posted by JPA View Post

2-1 4c Leo
    2-1 Eldrazi
    2-1 ANT
    2-0 Grixis Delver
    0-2 Deathblade
    2-1 BUG Delver
    2-0 Lands
    2-0 BUG Cloudpost
    2-0 4c Leo
    2-0 Reanimator Depths

Top 4
    2-1 4c Leo
    Do you have intention to write a report with a little sideboarding guide? Because I've see your decklist with a friend and it seems that you have about 10 cards against Grixis Delver. We don't know how to do a decent sideboarding (until now we have played the decklist with Cunning Wish that has a very simple sideboarding strategy).

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UNLIMITED View Post
    Do you have intention to write a report with a little sideboarding guide? Because I've see your decklist with a friend and it seems that you have about 10 cards against Grixis Delver. We don't know how to do a decent sideboarding (until now we have played the decklist with Cunning Wish that has a very simple sideboarding strategy).
    Yeah I would be interested in that guide too!
    Meanwhile, just for the pleasure of exchanging some idea, Alex_UNLIMITED can you please post your Sideboarding Plans with this deck?
    I' fairly new to this version and it would be awesome to see what more experienced players would do in different match ups!
    Thank you very much!!
    Belcer Player: Do you play Force of Will??
    Opponent: Yeah
    Belcher Player: GG

May 2017
    New Zealand

@JPA: I've been using your general build/idea/list for a few weeks now, and it funny cuz in one of the events I actually replaced 2x omni mainboard with 2x blood moon sb, in a meta filled with greedy/big mana, and it worked very well cuz g1 I can try to trap them down. In addition I've been noticing that decks around the world (tcdecks, mtggoldfish) have been gradually going back to 4 emrakul/grisel/lotus/sneak/show with 2 more threats (omni) and 2x moons 4x leylines 2x grids etc.

Love your results against the matchups; love your build being pretty linear but yet flexible enough to do naughty things.

All the copies target you.
    Apr 2011
    Kitchener, Ontario

Played Omni-Tell for the first time last night. I previously had played some UB Omni but this was my first time with Sneak Attack.

Round 1: Grixis Delver (TNN). His clock is fast enough that I never feel like I can afford to play around anything and get taken apart by counterspells. 0-1
    Round 2: Grixis Delver. I think I just outdraw him. 1-1
    Round 3: Lands. Obviously this matchup is very good for most combo decks. He makes an error in the second game but I think I'd have still won if he had found the right line. 2-1
    Round 4: MUD. One of my game wins here is off the back of having Cunning Wish in hand when he puts in Spine of Ish Sah with Show and Tell. The other game he mistakenly boarded in Bottled Cloister not realizing how poorly it interacted with Show and Tell.
    "I'm willing to imagine a TES where Past in Flames replaces Ill-Gotten Gains entirely, and we just don't play Diminishing Returns." - me, 29/09/2011
    Founding member of Team Scrubbad: Legacy Legends

Re: [DTB] Sneak and Show

Will post my (work in progress) sideboard guide.

Also asked some help against JPA, but he will keep his info until after the Pro Tour (which is perfectly understandable)

Sideboard Cards that come in by Show and Tell

Hello you Show and Tell Players,
    It occurred to me that I could just ask the experts and maybe it is an interesting topic to you (Like, "What do we wanna do against these?").
    So I just saw that a top8ing Burn deck at the recent CFB 4k played a copy of Sandwurm Convergence in the Sideboard.
    While "kinda cute" it got me thinking about the whole concept of Ashen Rider (which I'd guess is the most common one), Stingscourger and the like in Sidboards against Show and Tell strategies.
    I am not sold on it, but what do you guys playing the deck, think about those cards against you?
    Is there any merit to this? Or what kind of hate out of non-blue decks is more devastating / acutally effective at all against you?
    Pyroblast feels a a little low impact to me.

Cheers.

edit: Or are Phyexian Revoker and Pithing Needle just better?

I would welcome Burn players filling their boards with crap like Sandwurm Convergence and Ashen Rider. They're cards Burn (or, lets be honest, any real Legacy deck) aren't going to be able to cast. So right away, you're hoping your deck with no deck manipulation naturally draws it, and then you're hoping your Sneak and Show opponent casts Show instead of Sneak. Sure it's cute if it works, but that's not gonna be what happens a vast majority of the time. If you're playing burn and you're that concerned about Sneak and Show, at least play something like Ensnaring Bridge or Karakas that you can get out of your hand without relying on your opponent.
    From nothing came teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    I really don't know why you're complaining about top being banned since you seem to be very good at Soothsaying.

Re: Sideboard Cards that come in by Show and Tell

Quote Originally Posted by TheLostSon View Post

Hello you Show and Tell Players,
    It occurred to me that I could just ask the experts and maybe it is an interesting topic to you (Like, "What do we wanna do against these?").
    So I just saw that a top8ing Burn deck at the recent CFB 4k played a copy of Sandwurm Convergence in the Sideboard.
    While "kinda cute" it got me thinking about the whole concept of Ashen Rider (which I'd guess is the most common one), Stingscourger and the like in Sidboards against Show and Tell strategies.
    I am not sold on it, but what do you guys playing the deck, think about those cards against you?
    Is there any merit to this? Or what kind of hate out of non-blue decks is more devastating / acutally effective at all against you?
    Pyroblast feels a a little low impact to me.

Cheers.

edit: Or are Phyexian Revoker and Pithing Needle just better?
    The cunning wish builds, like the one recently piloted by Chris Dunn, are very good at beating this type of hate card. In general there's not a hoser that totally hoses that build, cunning wish + omni can answer just about anything with the right sideboard.

So..which is the number for cunning wish?

I tried 2 + 3 omni + 1 intuition + 11 cantrips.

Felt a little bit unestable or maybe...the right word was unconfortable with the wish plan.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenCid View Post
    So..which is the number for cunning wish?

I tried 2 + 3 omni + 1 intuition + 11 cantrips.

Felt a little bit unestable or maybe...the right word was unconfortable with the wish plan.
    I'm playing 3 wish 3 omni 1 intuition 11 cantrips.

I personally find the deck loses very little consistency. Cantrips are more than enough to craft a winning hand, with the reward of the deck more consistently winning the game with a resolved show and tell. Even if you don't show in omniscience, in my experience it makes a resolved griselbrand win the game far more often. On top of all this you are much better at beating all the silly hate cards out of the sideboard and d&t.

People often talk about the numbers looking bad on paper but track show and tell wins from GP vegas to now and many of the winning lists at large paper events have been the wish build.

The big bad wolf to our deck is grixis delver. Post board against them I cut all wishes and intuition and board in stuff to defend my spells. Post board it plays like classic sneak against them, and sometimes game one we can catch them off guard anyway if they keep a hand that isn't tailored to beating combo. Also, I find the omni build is much better at beating a card that has seen significantly more play in the last year - diabolic edict.

I had intended to write a full report but between work and life I haven't had the time, but I placed second at a 80-man 1k at Geek Fortress, a shop in the Seattle area, on Feb 18th. I had a variety of matchups, about half blue/half non, and entered top 8 at 4th seed with one loss to storm. Beat storm in the quarters, miracles in the semis, and lost to RUG in the finals.

Played very tight all day but very loose in the finals.I would have won game two had I not discarded a sneak to hand size growing his goyf and speeding up his clock. Lesson learned, get sleep and dont drink the night before a long tourney. I usually don't get mental fatigue but after 9 rounds you start to feel a hangover.

I played a 3 omni 3 wish list, fairly stock but I cut the wipe away for a boseiju in the board, which ended up being critical in two matches. Not sure about only 1 bounce spell in the board, but I didn't need wipe away in any of my 9 matches. Echoing truth got the job done.

Boiyayoiyayoing
    Mar 2012
    SoCal, USA

Kentaro Takamura took down Grand Prix Kyoto with this list: http://www.tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=27075&iddeck=214831

A field of 2262 people. 3 Emrakuls, 2 Omnis; Jace and 2 Through the Breach in the SB.
    Whack lists currently playing:
    Rector Nic Fit
    Bizarro Stormy
    Rest In Pieces

Hi,

after 2 years of a break I am back in Mtg and Legacy again . In the past I only played TES, but I have noticed that I need a variety, but would like to play Combo as usual for me. So my eyes felt to Sneak and Show, it seems very solid. I just looked throw my binder and saw that I have to 2 Eureka laying arround. So maybe it`s cooler to run an Eureka build (just because the artwork is so nice ). No for sure I have readed the last few pages of the thread and there was it mentioned to be the better choice in the current meta, is that right? And would it be a decent choice for an unknown meta and good long time investion... I have to buy 2 Eurekas, Tropicals and a few other stuff, so I have to invest a decent amount of money. Further I would be glad if someone could recommend me good articles, about differnts to Sneak and Show, Strategie and a list as a good starting point for building my own? Thanks...

Greetz
    Sinkhole

Hey guys,

Just wanted to share a quick 4 round tournament report for those interested. First off, the list :

2 Ancient Tomb
    1 Boseiju, Who Shelters All
    2 City of Traitors
    3 Island
    2 Misty Rainforest
    1 Mountain
    1 Polluted Delta
    4 Scalding Tarn
    3 Volcanic Island

3 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    3 Griselbrand

4 Brainstorm
    3 Cunning Wish
    1 Flusterstorm
    4 Force of Will
    1 Intuition
    1 Impulse
    4 Ponder
    2 Preordain
    4 Show and Tell
    2 Spell Pierce
    3 Lotus Petal
    3 Omniscience
    3 Sneak Attack

SIDEBOARD

1 Abrade
    2 Blood Moon
    1 Boseiju, Who Shelters All
    1 Wipe Away
    1 Flusterstorm
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Intuition
    1 Pyroblast
    1 Kozilek's Return
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Through the Breach
    1 Fireminds Foresight
    1 Release the Ants

Round 1 : Miracles

2-0 Win

Game 1 : Opponent is on the play and leads on basic island into ponder. My opening 7 is good with a turn 2 show and tell backed up by FoW. I fetch basic island and ponder on my turn 1 as well finding an omniscience, which i draw. He plays a fetch turn 2 and casts portent, which clearly tells me what he's on. I lay down city of traitors and go for it. He has FoW, I FoW back, he has nothing else. I put in omni, cast Emrakul and time walk, he scoops them up and we're on to game 2.

Sideboard: -3 Lotus Petal, +1 Boseiju, Who Shelters All, +1 Flusterstorm, +1 Pyroblast

Game 2 : Opponent again leads on basic island into ponder. My opening 7 is the following: 3 show and tell, ponder, omni, Volcanic, fetchland. A bit slow but once i get to 3 mana or if i find a sol land i can start playing shows until one sticks. I draw for my first turn it's FoW, I play volcanic and play ponder, I see show and tell #4 and 2 lands, i decide to keep and get the guaranteed 3rd land. he plays land go on turn 2 as do i. turn 3 he casts brainstorm and a land. turn 3 i play a land, and cast show and tell. he plays counterspell. I decide i to not fight as I still have plenty of time. His turn he plays a land and passes. I play show and tell again on my turn, he has FoW, and again I decide not to fight into 4 open mana. On his turn he is low on cards so he taps out to cast jace to brainstorm with him. My turn I play show #3 he has another FoW, this time i fight, I Force back and he has nothing. I put in omni and have cunning wish to go with it, getting intuition for Emrakul and that's the match.

Round 2 : Maverick

2-1 Win

Game 1 : He's on the play and leads on scrubland into deathrite. My opening hand has show, omni and griselbrand in it. I play a fetch and pass. he play knight of the reliquary turn 2. i crack my fetch EoT and brainstorm finding a sol land. I play show turn 2, put in omni, play griselbrand draw 7 find emrakul, onto game 2.

Sideboard: -1 preordain, -1 Boseiju, Who Shelters All, +1 Blood Moon, +1 Abrade

Game 2 : He leads on land deathrite again. I mull to 6 but i have a turn 1 show and tell so I keep it. I play ancient tomb and petal, cast show, my only choice is emrakul. This only goes wrong if he has Krakas, and that's exactly what he has. It all goes downhill from there and we're onto game 3.

Game 3 : I keep a hand of Volc x2, sneak attack, basic mountain, abrade, blood moon, force of will. I play volc and pass. He once again has turn 1 deathrite. I draw and it's cunning wish. I play basic mountain and abrade deathrite. On his turn he plays qasali pridemage. I draw a FoW for turn play a Volc and pass. He plays a land and knight of the reliquary, i force it pitching a force. end step I cast cunning wish for kozilek's return. I draw a land play return killing pridemage. On his turn he play's some creatures that don't impact me much. I draw a griselbrand. I play sneak and pass. He attacks and passes. on my turn I activate sneak put in grisel, I only have one draw 7 available due to being attacked. I dont find emrakul, but a ponder i got off of it does. I put in emrakul and attack for 22.

Round 3 : R/B Reanimator

2-1 Win

Game 1: Not much to say, He was on the play had a turn 1 reanimate for Sire of Insanity and I didn't have FoW.

Sideboard: -2 preordain, -1 Boseiju, Who Shelters All, -1 Cunning Wish, +2 Surgical Extraction, +1 Grafdigger's Cage, +1 Flusterstorm

Game 2 : I'm on the play with turn 1 show and tell. I go for it and put in Griselbrand, and he puts in Sire. It's an easy win from there.

Game 3 : I have surgical, fluster, and show in my opening 7. He plays faithless looting turn 1 dropping a land and ashen rider. I draw and it's emrakul. I play a land and pass. He plays a land and casts reanimate on ashren rider. I flusterstorm it. he plays dark ritual into animate dead, I have no choice but to surgical ashen rider. He passes. I play a land, show and tell putting in emrakul, he has nothing and thats the match.

Round 4 : Grixis Pyromancer

2-0 Win

Game 1 : On the play i have a island, sol land, show, omni, FoW, petal, grisel. I play island and pass. He plays underground sea into deathrite. I draw flusterstorm for the turn. I lay down city of traits and lotus petal, cast show and tell. he just has nothing and that's it.

Sideboard: -2 lotus petal, -1 preordain, +1 Boseiju, Who Shelters All, +1 Pyroblast, +1 Flusterstorm

Game 2 : He plays underground sea into deathrite. My hand contains: boseju, volc, show, ponder, preordain, fetchland, spell pierce. I draw and it's omniscience. I play volc cast preordain to find my third land and I do. He plays pyromancer into ponder off of deathrite on his turn 2. I draw and its a land. I play boseju and pass back leaving up pierce. he plays more cantrips trying to find something and attacks me. I play a land cast uncounterable show and tell, I put in omni, I cast ponder finding a cunning wish, i wish for intuition and get emrakul which is the end of the game.

FINAL THOUGHTS

I've been on cunning wish lists for a while. I have always had them perform really well for me, much more so than any non-wish sneak and show build. Of course that could be variance or the decks in my local meta. However, I never feel like I have auto lose match ups with wish builds, and I use to feel that way with normal sneak and show against decks like death and taxes.

Also, it is super nice to have answers to things game 1 that most show builds don't, like a board clear or grave hate. Those alone can cause enough advantage sometimes to win a game. I will admit that I don't find myself using wish for the instant speed kill though, it comes up very rarely so I'm not even sure if it warrants slots in the SB, but I'm still on the fence about that. If you haven't tried a wish build yet, I would definitely suggest giving it a try.

Thread Information