Page 61 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1397

Thread: [Deck] Sneak and Show

Re: [DTB] Sneak and Show

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinZ View Post
    grisel here is not as good that he is in the other match-up, not only due to karakas but also due to revoker or pithing needle.

The only reason I played wurm at that time is that I don't want to board out SNT against dnt, which is much more mana-efficient than sneak or through the breach but pretty risky in game one. Now I still don't want to board out snt so I play omniscience in the sb.
    Thanks for your explanation. I also like omniscience in the board against DnT (in addition to pyroclasm).

Jun 2016
    Switzerland

Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    ethhhcuthe me, sneak and show is a really skill intensive deck that is super hard to play and punishes mistakes like no tomorrow! It's not like Delver which gives free wins left right and centre. Delver should be banned, not Griselbrand or Show and Tell, or as I like to call it, "Channel but better".
    Wrong. Delver keeps the format healthy.
    Which deck is harder to play depends on the meta.
    But i'm either with Megadeus opinion.
    | Grixis Control
    | Canadian Threshold

From nothing came teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    I really don't know why you're complaining about top being banned since you seem to be very good at Soothsaying.

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

"Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

Apr 2011
    The World

Sorry for the double-post, but have you guys seen the new Dragon? Worth a slot?

RGCL (GQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    Sorry for the double-post, but have you guys seen the new Dragon? Worth a slot?
    Grisel is much better at drawing cards. Omniscience is much better at playing stuff for free. Having to attack to get anything out of it doesn't help it either. Easy pass IMO.

Yeah, hard pass for me. I'm having a hard time thinking of a scenario when it would be better than Griselbrand or even Emrakul. It attacks for 10 flying damage, draws you 1 card, and lets you put something into play, but if you had something good to put into play, you would've done it already instead of putting the Ur-Dragon in play. I guess it solves the problem of what happens if you have Sneak Attack and Omniscience at the same time. Still I cant imagine cutting a single Griselbrand or Emrakul for this. I'd rather draw more than 1 card or just nuke my opponent's board.
    From nothing came teeth.

I really don't know why you're complaining about top being banned since you seem to be very good at Soothsaying.

Apr 2011
    The World

I'm not even considering it as a replacement for Grisel, more like a 5th (-6th) SnT, on a stick, that draws you a card, if it connects. Too cute? Maybe

RGCL (GQ)

May 2017
    New Zealand

Wow. Interesting result from 1st out of 70 for 82th KMC Japan: http://tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=24384&iddeck=191145 , and a sideboard that's using 5 of HOU: 3 abrades and 2 hazorats. And another 2 gods and a CoS?

I'm guessing the SB is quite against blades (batterskulls and swords), and the hazorats are an aggro backup plan if the combo don't take off or if there's hate against the combo?

Very interested to know thoughts from you guys on possible sideboard plans with such a deck.

I have to admit, I have no idea what the hell is going on there. 3 Predict maindeck? Hazoret? Cavern of Souls to name God I guess? I mean, congrats to him that he won with it, but I can't think of why you'd ever want to play Hazoret in this deck.

EDIT: I will say, I don't hate the idea of Abrade. Kill a delver or a priest or whatever creature is currently giving you a hard time, or blow up a Pithing Needle/Chalice/Ensnaring Bridge? It does a pretty good Abrupt Decay impression in this deck if you're in the market for that type of effect.
    From nothing came teeth.

May 2017
    New Zealand

I don't know japanese, but I'll try to get his attention and insight (just curious about his choice of the new cards). Apparantly he's been playing around with abrade for awhile now:

https://mtgdecks.net/Legacy/sneak-sh...-696926/visual

Maybe just a blip (surprise factor, etc)

The link seems broken, but I'm going to assume it's the event mentioned here:

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles...ews-from-japan

I want to give that list a shot. I like predict as a way to get some raw card draw, and I really like the god sideboard. I wonder if it would improve the game vs the delvers of the meta
    Modern: UWR Control
    Legacy: UW/UWr Stoneblade; Topless Miracles

So I played a quest for power this past weekend... Went with the daze spirit guide package JPA went with awhile ago... But I tried out abrade in the board over the 3rd blood moon.... I went 4-3 would have been 5 2 totopbut I had food poising and roughed it out 1 round too long.... My overall thoughts... Abrade is really good... The list of creatures it kills is bigger than what it does not kill.. And also having a shatter aswell makes it even better. I had it in as a 1 of but I kinda wanted another cause I sided it in almost every match.. So I would def consider adding atleast 1 in their board since the card is good vs 2 out of 3 bad match ups for us (grixas dnt)

I've always played normal SnS but my meta has recently become inundated with Maverick players after the top banning (and always had a disturbingly high amount of D&T) so I'm thinking about moving to the omni-wishboard version of the deck. I have a question regarding sideboarding though. When you know you're against a matchup where you know a specific card in your deck will be good (for example, Surgical Extraction against reanimator or Kozilek's Return against D&T), do you board those cards into your main 60 or leave them in the board to wish for at your convenience? Also, do kinda generic answer cards like Trickbind and Wipe Away always stay in the board? I've never cast a Cunning Wish before so I'm looking to get the hang of the strategy here.
    From nothing came teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeron View Post
    I've always played normal SnS but my meta has recently become inundated with Maverick players after the top banning (and always had a disturbingly high amount of D&T) so I'm thinking about moving to the omni-wishboard version of the deck. I have a question regarding sideboarding though. When you know you're against a matchup where you know a specific card in your deck will be good (for example, Surgical Extraction against reanimator or Kozilek's Return against D&T), do you board those cards into your main 60 or leave them in the board to wish for at your convenience? Also, do kinda generic answer cards like Trickbind and Wipe Away always stay in the board? I've never cast a Cunning Wish before so I'm looking to get the hang of the strategy here.
    My general theory is that if you need the wish cards faster than you can cunning wish for them, bring them in. Like surgical is pretty crucial on turns 1-2 against reanimator. Whereas you generally have time to wish for kozilek's return against D&T.

Man, this thread is dead. Anyways, played the Cunning Wish version at EE7 and went a very disappointing 5-4 (especially so since I started 4-1, then was 5-2). Matches were:

L: 1-2 vs. Grixis Control
    W: 2-1 vs. Miracles (with Soothsaying)
    W: 2-1 vs. Miracles
    W: 2-0 vs. Sneak & Show
    W: 2-1 vs. ANT
    L: 0-2 vs. Grixis Delver
    W: 2-1 vs. BG Turbo Depths
    L: 0-2 vs. 4c Loam
    L: 1-2 vs. Czech Pile

Anyways, my general thoughts were that I loved having 3 Omniscience in the deck but I hated the cunning wishes. They really didn't do anything the entire tournament, and I'd rather just have the max combo pieces and a sideboard of actual good cards than a maindeck with clunkly 3 mana spells and a sideboard full of shit like Firemind's Foresight and Trickbind. The card I really missed out of the board was Grim Lavamancer, of which I am going to play 2 of now. Blood Moon is a powerful tool out of the board against Grixis and Pile but the problem I've been facing is that Blood Moon alone doesn't stop them if they get a creature down first. Having Lavamancer to do spot removal and clean up the trash would've been amazing. Also, all those decks are chock full of Diabolic Edict right now and Lavamancer is great in this deck to get around that.

I'm also gonna start testing out Abrade. I played it in my sideboard in Vintage this weekend and it was great, so I'm interested to see how it translates to Legacy.
    From nothing came teeth.

May 2016
    The Netherlands

Well done man.

i have played the omnisneak build for a long time with good results. but after testing sneak and show, i just believe that sneak and show is less flexible but way more solid. Paying off daze with spirit guide and slamming early moons is very effective. I also really dislike the sneak attack / cunningwish nonbo in omnisneak
    Last edited by Noloam_; 09-25-2017 at 01:22 AM.
    Eldrazi stompy list: http://www.mtggoldfish.com/player/noloam

sideboard guide can be found on page 84

May 2008
    Newtown, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Noloam_ View Post
    Well done man.

i have played the omnisneak build for a long time with good results. but after testing sneak and show, i just believe that sneak and show is less flexible but way more solid. Paying of daze with spirit guide and slamming early moons is very effective. I also really dislike the sneak attack / cunningwish nonbo in omnisneak
    Do you have a list, by chance? I’m coming back to this particular Griselbrand archetype (always gotta play one) and Simian Spirit Guide seems sick.

May 2016
    The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Darksteel View Post
    Do you have a list, by chance? I’m coming back to this particular Griselbrand archetype (always gotta play one) and Simian Spirit Guide seems sick.

Creatures (10)
    2 Simian Spirit Guide
    4 Griselbrand
    4 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

Spells (23)
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    2 Preordain
    3 Spell Pierce
    2 Daze
    4 Show and Tell
    4 Force of Will

Artifacts (4)
    4 Lotus Petal

Enchantments (4)
    4 Sneak Attack

Lands (19)
    3 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    3 Flooded Strand
    3 Island
    1 Mountain
    4 Scalding Tarn
    3 Volcanic Island

Sideboard (15)
    2 Grafdigger's Cage
    2 Pyroclasm
    3 Blood Moon
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    1 boseiju, who shelters all
    2 through the breach
    1 echoing truth

im quite sold on this list. It is basically the stock mainboard though
    Eldrazi stompy list: http://www.mtggoldfish.com/player/noloam

sideboard guide can be found on page 84

That's a cool list, very different from how I'd build it but I can respect the "turbo" SnS aspect of it. Just wondering, why Echoing Truth over Wipe Away? I've always found being able to bounce a Karakas to be worth the extra blue.
    From nothing came teeth.

Thread Information