Page 53 of 70 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1397

Thread: [Deck] Sneak and Show

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

Re: [Deck] Sneak and Show

Would really like to read a report. Also, what is the overall meta in Japan?
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

Learning Blue cards
    Nov 2012
    Beijing,China

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    Would really like to read a report. Also, what is the overall meta in Japan?
    Metagame breakdown on mothership:
    http://magic.wizards.com/en/events/c...own-2016-11-27

Hybrid SnT decks were classified under "Omni-tell" tag.
    I hear they got twisters miles wide in the Midwest.

Quote Originally Posted by nevilshute View Post
    Recorded some more videos for anyone interested: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...c7sGwFSRrL7UDF
    Am really enjoying the content as I get ready for GP Louisville.

One thought on your reanimated matchup that I would love to see your feedback on. Did you give consideration to spell pierce the exhume to start? Your opponent had two mana up, so they either would have had to:
    1. Tap out to pay the cost making flusterstorm a hard counter and effectively ending there turn while you have force backup for show and tell (they would have had double force so it wouldn't matter).
    2. They could force spell pierce leaving two mana up. You can then flusterstorm as a hard counter unless they can pay two mana and have double counter magic. You can still hit them back with force pitch omniscience.

Love the work! Thanks!

Hi all went to a 22 man tourtnament yesterday after 2 years without playing legacy. Took my "little beast" and did bad. 1-3-0 and drop.

Typical list:

4 Griselbrand
    4 Emmy

4 Fow
    3 Pierce
    1 Fluster

1 Probe
    3 Preordain
    4 Bs
    4 Ponder

4 Show
    4 Attack

3 Volcanic
    8 Fetchlands
    5 Sol land
    3 Island

4 Petal

1 JTMS

Side (advised very requiered)

3 moon
    2 sudden shock
    1 boseiju
    2 REB
    1 wipe away (?)
    1 Fluster
    2 Cage
    1 Clique (?)
    2 T. breach

Lost to: D and T 0-2, miracles 1-2 (lost to counter wall) and UR 0-2 (lost to counter wall)

Win to: Elves 0-2.

High rates of mull too.

One reiterative problema i had was to put together the combo pieces despite the cantirps.

Anyway im oxydized and keep working.

Advices?
    Last edited by GoldenCid; 12-04-2016 at 05:40 PM.

Oct 2011
    Berlin, Germany

I updated the primer (since it was three years old, parts of it were somewhat outdated). Hope you like it.
    Twitter: @JPAnghelescu

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

Quote Originally Posted by JPA View Post
    I updated the primer (since it was three years old, parts of it were somewhat outdated). Hope you like it.
    Thanks! I still have a lot to learn about this deck, and an update of your primer is really appreciated
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

Oct 2010
    Bergen County - NJ

Hello everyone quick poll, I've been on Eldrazi for quite some time now, and I feel like the meta is not good for it going into GP Louisville. How is the meta for SnS. The top decks minus DnT seem to favor the archetype. I have played the deck in the past when TNN was new and it seemed super strong. Has everyone felt like the deck is well positioned to take down the GP. THANKS FOR ANSWERS

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Hello everyone quick poll, I've been on Eldrazi for quite some time now, and I feel like the meta is not good for it going into GP Louisville. How is the meta for SnS. The top decks minus DnT seem to favor the archetype. I have played the deck in the past when TNN was new and it seemed super strong. Has everyone felt like the deck is well positioned to take down the GP. THANKS FOR ANSWERS
    I have been playing OmniSneak on MODO for the past week or so and have some thoughts. I have certainly not played the sheer volume of matches over time that some others here have, but I am also considering the deck for Louisville and would generally consider myself a decent to pretty good player, will likely make silver this year with a couple of reasonable GP finishes. Have played probably 10 leagues maybe a few more.

Shardless, Eldrazi, and Miracles are all good matchups - you lose to clunky draws but when you come close to executing an optimal gameplan they have a very tough time beating it.

Grixis Delver feels 50-50ish, which is okay I suppose. The version that has been popularized by Friedman and Yu is a slightly better matchup, I think. Young Pyromancer is pretty good against us and Cabal Therapy can be a beating as well.

Death and Taxes is a lot better with maindeck Omniscience, my record is quite positive at this point but my impression is also that D&T is quite difficult to pilot so it's entirely possible my results are being skewed by medium-bad opponents.

Maverick style decks are mostly good, Reanimator is abysmal, I think Storm is better with Cunning Wish as opposed to without it, access to Flusterstorm and Surgical in G1 has been pretty good.

Right now I am playing a basically traditional OmniSneak MD, with the sideboard fluctuating but including generally:

2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Blood Moon
    2 Pyroclasm
    1 Kreturn
    1 Flusterstorm
    1 Pyroblast
    1 Wipe Away
    1 Release the Ants
    1 Through the Breach
    1 Firemind's Foresight
    1 Intuition
    1 Boseiju

Trying to find room for another Blood Moon, because it feels like it sways the Grixis matchup quite a bit. I was trying Grim Lavamancer before which had been clutch against Infect, but it was kind of slow against D&T and since they seemed to be keeping Swords in + Council's Judgment and some number of Pithing Needle I was feeling like it got shut off a lot. The third Blood Moon would hopefully help a little more against Infect as well.

All in all, I think the deck is.... reasonable? It's kind of clunky at times, but I have 3 5-0s so not putting up bad #s. What I will say is that my win rate is probably about 65-70% with it, but it's a little streaky. If you're running hot this deck is totally absurd, running cold you can lose to ostensibly good matchups easily.

Learning Blue cards
    Nov 2012
    Beijing,China

Very helpful upgrades, thanks!

Oct 2011
    Berlin, Germany

I went 12-3 at GP Louisville with OmniSneak, finishing 25th.

I made some changes to my old stock list, most notably going up to 4 Preordain (cutting basic Mountain and 1 Spell Pierce) and swapping Blood Moon for Defense Grid. Even more like classic Sneak and Show, I feel that OmniSneak needs 12 cantrips, it makes the deck much more smooth. Blood Moon is much more crucial in classic Sneak and Show, since it protects from Karakas, while OmniSneak doesn't care about Karakas as often, so I decided to add Defense Grid to improve the Delver matchup.
    I like this new list a lot, two friends of mine finished 11-4 and 10-5 with the exact same 75.

My matchups were:

Rd. 1+2 Byes
    Rd. 3 Infect 2-0
    Rd. 4 Aggro Loam 2-1
    Rd. 5 Stifle Confidant BUG Delver 0-2 (horrible matchup)
    Rd. 6 UB Reanimator 2-0
    Rd. 7 ANT 2-1
    Rd. 8 White Eldrazi 2-1
    Rd. 9 Death and Taxes 1-2

Rd. 10 Omnitell 2-1
    Rd. 11 Esper Blade 2-0
    Rd. 12 4c Delver 2-0
    Rd. 13 Elves 2-1
    Rd. 14 Lands 2-0
    Rd. 15 Grixis Delver 0-2

Learning Blue cards
    Nov 2012
    Beijing,China

Congratulations! 2-0 reanimation looks awesome.

Recently, some successful SnS decklists replaced the singleton Mountain with fetchland. Any comments?

Oct 2011
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Tokugawa View Post
    Recently, some successful SnS decklists replaced the singleton Mountain with fetchland. Any comments?
    Especially with Jace main deck I can see cutting the Mountain in classic Sneak and Show. However, unlike OmniSneak, it often relies heavily on Sneak Attack and cutting Mountain makes Sneak Attack slightly worse (mostly against Wasteland / mana denial decks, obviously), while increasing your overall consistency and reducing mulligans (great hands often have to be mulled due to Mountain being their only land).

freebird
    Oct 2013
    Atlanta, GA

I made some changes to my old stock list, most notably going up to 4 Preordain (cutting basic Mountain and 1 Spell Pierce) and swapping Blood Moon for Defense Grid. Even more like classic Sneak and Show, I feel that OmniSneak needs 12 cantrips, it makes the deck much more smooth. Blood Moon is much more crucial in classic Sneak and Show, since it protects from Karakas, while OmniSneak doesn't care about Karakas as often, so I decided to add Defense Grid to improve the Delver matchup.
    I like this new list a lot, two friends of mine finished 11-4 and 10-5 with the exact same 75.

My matchups were:

Rd. 1+2 Byes
    Rd. 3 Infect 2-0
    Rd. 4 Aggro Loam 2-1
    Rd. 5 Stifle Confidant BUG Delver 0-2 (horrible matchup)
    Rd. 6 UB Reanimator 2-0
    Rd. 7 ANT 2-1
    Rd. 8 White Eldrazi 2-1
    Rd. 9 Death and Taxes 1-2

Rd. 10 Omnitell 2-1
    Rd. 11 Esper Blade 2-0
    Rd. 12 4c Delver 2-0
    Rd. 13 Elves 2-1
    Rd. 14 Lands 2-0
    Rd. 15 Grixis Delver 0-2
    Thanks so much for all of your documentation in this thread. Would you mind posting your updated 75 that you ran at Louisville?

May 2014
    Germany - Cologne

Especially with Jace main deck I can see cutting the Mountain in classic Sneak and Show. However, unlike OmniSneak, it often relies heavily on Sneak Attack and cutting Mountain makes Sneak Attack slightly worse (mostly against Wasteland / mana denial decks, obviously), while increasing your overall consistency and reducing mulligans (great hands often have to be mulled due to Mountain being their only land).
    Congrats JPA!
    If you got time, do you mind sharing your list from the GP?
    What are your thoughts on the classic Sneak & Show list that finished 8th at the GP? Is 4x Leyline the right call in the current meta? And no Blood Moons ?
    Thank your for your time!

Oct 2011
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by biglongjohns View Post
    Would you mind posting your updated 75 that you ran at Louisville?
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidVanDerRaven View Post
    If you got time, do you mind sharing your list from the GP?
    Come on people, click the link...

Quote Originally Posted by DavidVanDerRaven View Post
    What are your thoughts on the classic Sneak & Show list that finished 8th at the GP? Is 4x Leyline the right call in the current meta? And no Blood Moons ?
    The main deck is 59/60 Kentaro Yamamoto's GP Chiba winning list, so it's close to perfect.
    I don't like Leyline, Storm is close to non-existent in the current meta, Shardless BUG is a very positive matchup anyway. Leyline makes a deck which is already prone to clunky draws even more clunky.
    I'm surprised how you can run a sideboard without Through the Breach, Blood Moon or any bounce effects, but it seems to have worked very well for him.

freebird
    Oct 2013
    Atlanta, GA

Ahh, I see now. Totally overlooked it. Thanks again for all your efforts with this thread.

Learning Blue cards
    Nov 2012
    Beijing,China

I don't like Leyline, Storm is close to non-existent in the current meta, Shardless BUG is a very positive matchup anyway. Leyline makes a deck which is already prone to clunky draws even more clunky.
    I'm surprised how you can run a sideboard without Through the Breach, Blood Moon or any bounce effects, but it seems to have worked very well for him.
    Maybe the SB 4x Leyline is just...budget choice over meta choice.

Sep 2015
    SF Bay

JPA, thanks for re-writing the primer. I know you've been driving a ton of this work and I appreciate it.

I had some questions for this group about the OmniSneak sideboard and sideboard plan. I am currently testing out JPA's recent list (2 Pierces, no Mountain) and overall it's been great. I'm still winning matches that I expect to, I've beaten delver a few times thanks to defense grid, and the greater card density has even helped with D&T.

Two questions for all of you:
    1. How often do you find yourself using release the ants? I've had exactly one game ever when it would have helped, but I don't think I've ever wished for it and I wonder if that spot could be better leveraged? I'm tempted to bring back one Blood Moon in that spot.
    2. I have a lot of token decks in my meta so I run Echoing Truth instead of Pyroclasm in the board (wish target, instant speed, yay) and I'm not sure if this is right overall, but it has the side bonus of resilience against loam decks (bye marit lage and chalice) as well as other creature decks where pyroclasm can't reach (eldrazi, D&T angels or wish for it in response to prelate). Have any of you had experience with Truth? Am I crazy for running it over pyroclasm?

Thanks!

Oct 2011
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by wasabizod View Post
    Two questions for all of you:
    1. How often do you find yourself using release the ants? I've had exactly one game ever when it would have helped, but I don't think I've ever wished for it and I wonder if that spot could be better leveraged? I'm tempted to bring back one Blood Moon in that spot.
    2. I have a lot of token decks in my meta so I run Echoing Truth instead of Pyroclasm in the board (wish target, instant speed, yay) and I'm not sure if this is right overall, but it has the side bonus of resilience against loam decks (bye marit lage and chalice) as well as other creature decks where pyroclasm can't reach (eldrazi, D&T angels or wish for it in response to prelate). Have any of you had experience with Truth? Am I crazy for running it over pyroclasm?
    1. If you cut Release the Ants, you have no way of killing at instant speed or through Ensnaring Bridge / Humility (although Wipe Away is an out to that). I would advise strongly against cutting it.

2. Pyroclasm is for D&T. If they have Sanctum Prelate on 3 it is very hard to win (even impossible when Sneak Attack is shut off by Revoker / Needle), so you want to board in 1 Sudden Shock (you still have Kozilek's Return as the most high-impact removal wish-target) and 1 Pyroclasm to have outs to Prelate on 3. If you want to have access to Echoing Truth, Wipe Away would be the obvious cut. However, I wouldn't advise to do that in an open meta.

Sep 2015
    SF Bay

1. If you cut Release the Ants, you have no way of killing at instant speed or through Ensnaring Bridge / Humility (although Wipe Away is an out to that). I would advise strongly against cutting it.

2. Pyroclasm is for D&T. If they have Sanctum Prelate on 3 it is very hard to win (even impossible when Sneak Attack is shut off by Revoker / Needle), so you want to board in 1 Sudden Shock (you still have Kozilek's Return as the most high-impact removal wish-target) and 1 Pyroclasm to have outs to Prelate on 3. If you want to have access to Echoing Truth, Wipe Away would be the obvious cut. However, I wouldn't advise to do that in an open meta.
    Thanks! I haven't come across humility, but I understand the theory there.

What do you cut for Sudden Shock and Pyroclasm post board? 2 Spell Pierce?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information