Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MTGS is a joke... check this out

Sam S
    Dec 2011
    Newmarket, ON

MTGS is a joke... check this out

Storytime!

A week ago I got nominated for 2013 Best Legacy Strategist on MTG Salvation... then 2 days later I find 3 spam infractions on my account and that I've been suspended. Since I was now suspended I wasn't allowed to vote for myself. But they told me my eligibility for contest was fine. So a week passes by and I find out I actually got more votes than anyone else, so I should win right?

WRONG.

Galspanic the site admin does an "investigation" of each person who voted for me, and according to him, he finds a reasons for each person for why their vote shouldn't count. Apparently the guys in my Legacy playgroup who lurk the site aren't allowed to vote for me because they don't post enough.

"After discussing it, we have opted to disqualify your nomination this year. The purpose of the Forum Awards is for the people on MTGS to vote for their picks. While these 7 guys are members of the site, the location and lack of activity makes it look like you got the local guys to vote for you and only 2 actual Legacy users did. I'm sorry, but that goes very much against the spirit of a Sub-Forum award."

So congrats to whoever won, sorry I don't mean take anything away from you, but it is necessary for me to vent because I'm no good at keeping this stuff in.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Re: MTGS is a joke... check this out

One of many reasons that no one should go to MTGS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

I'm using Salvation basically just for the spoilers. Everything else has a good chance of reeking with stupidity over there.

Zombie Elf Warrior
    Dec 2004
    seattle

Did you really want that award? That's like being king of the fools.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    was greg mitchells hair ever on camera?
    Elves Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/2EVsdw2

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

I forgot that forum existed. Everyone there is really stupid. Glad someone randomly told me about the source so I never got too involved with that community.

I've gotten approximately 12 Infractions for random things that I people wouldn't even blink about on there...

Infraction for using the term retarded: "SnT is not necessarily the problem. If WOTC just would quit making retardedly busted permanents every set it would be fine."

Infraction for spamming because I quoted a post a post and said: "this. so hard"

I guess I deserved the one where I called a guy a fuck face.

And my very first one was for calling out a guy for trolling: "Trading at my LGS is like playing Jeopardy... Right. Bad troll is bad. Yet this person is so retarded his trolling is actually working... "

That place is a joke and the admins are nazis

Edit: also told someone to go die in a fire. I guess that one deserved it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Sam S
    Dec 2011
    Newmarket, ON

Quote Originally Posted by danyul View Post

Did you really want that award? That's like being king of the fools.
    To be honest its not a big deal to me. I was surprised I got nominated, and it was nice that I got votes. But really whether I win or lose isn't the hot topic, but just the extent of how far they would go to engineer the results of the contest.

Cowards can't block Heros!

At the end of the day, the lesson has been learned.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    I forgot that forum existed. Everyone there is really stupid. Glad someone randomly told me about the source so I never got too involved with that community.

I've gotten approximately 12 Infractions for random things that I people wouldn't even blink about on there...

Infraction for using the term retarded: "SnT is not necessarily the problem. If WOTC just would quit making retardedly busted permanents every set it would be fine."

Infraction for spamming because I quoted a post a post and said: "this. so hard"

And my very first one was for calling out a guy for trolling: "Trading at my LGS is like playing Jeopardy... Right. Bad troll is bad. Yet this person is so retarded his trolling is actually working... "

Calling random people retarded, fuckfaces and to DIAF...yeah, sue them for trying to not have a toxic community. I'm not suggesting that The Source needs more moderation, but you don't really sound like a paragon of good behavior to be annoyed at another community's attempt to clean up your act.

That award situation is fucked up though. Give them the bird and move on. I'm just sad they have the best sources for spoilers.

It's an ugly pile of bones... like me.
    Sep 2004
    Albany

Quote Originally Posted by Benjammn View Post
    Calling random people retarded, fuckfaces and to DIAF...yeah, sue them for trying to not have a toxic community. I'm not suggesting that The Source needs more moderation, but you don't really sound like a paragon of good behavior to be annoyed at another community's attempt to clean up your act.
    Die in a fire.

Oct 2011
    Columbus, OH

I was banned for threatening a ripper. It was an offhand comment that I deleted immediately, but anyone watching the thread would have seen my post. A mod saw my post and I was told that the local police and FBI was alerted to my threat and that they would be contacting me. I appealed and my post that was live for not even 30 seconds was enough to ban me for life. I couldn't help but find the whole process amusing.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

That award situation is fucked up though. Give them the bird and move on. I'm just sad they have the best sources for spoilers.

But agreed. Who cares... They are just a bunch of idiots over there anyway
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Psycho Crusher
    Jan 2010
    The 'Jing

I forgot that forum existed.
    +1
    A book about the dark side of Legacy: "Magic: The Addiction" // Conversations with Magic players: "Humans of Magic"

Administrator
    Nov 2003
    Portland, OR

Yeah, to be fair, some of that behavior would get you a warning here too.

The bottom line is this: the admin staff here doesn't care about cursing or insensitive parlance per se; we care if you're directly insulting or attacking other members. The former is not a hindrance to productive discussion, the latter most certainly is. In short:

"that's retarded" = okay
    "you're retarded" = not okay

Both are in poor taste, but hey - you're in good company.

Sam S
    Dec 2011
    Newmarket, ON

you're going to love this. For this suspension:

My first infraction, I don't even know what it is because they have deleted it...
    My second infraction, I got for posting: " Are you done being combative?" to some deuchebags picking on dice_bag in the modern forums
    My 3rd infraction, i got for "Maybe if you actually provided a link to support your claims that would be more persuasive than your toxic responses." to Bocephus, a really rude user.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2013

Why would someone who doesn't care start a thread about it and have their friends vote for them in the first place?

Sam S
    Dec 2011
    Newmarket, ON

Quote Originally Posted by Teluin View Post
    Why would someone who doesn't care start a thread about it and have their friends vote for them in the first place?
    Its called the internet, bro

Foreign Black Border
    Jun 2012
    Houston, Texas

You were being given smartest guy in a group of mouth breathing idiots

Wouldn't get to worried about it
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I still have a strong suspicion that if 'Thalia, Heretic Cathar' had been named 'Frank, Heretic Cathar', people would be a lot more skeptical of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin Aggro View Post
    Ugh, there he goes again, talking about the girlfriend. We get it dude.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

MTGS still has the best D&T thread around.
    Best Spoilers also.
    And their market street café, is a very good start for anyone which want to have good insight on trading / pricing.

Everything else is bad because there are just too much people...

WTP's Choice
    Aug 2010
    Berlin, Germany

MTGS is a casual forum. Nothing more.
    WantToPonder
    former: Team SpasticalAction & Team RugStar Berlin
    Team MTG Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by guillemnicolau View Post
    Since the print of dark petition grim tutor hasn't seen play in legacy (not in competitive decks).
    Quote Originally Posted by THerzog41 View Post
    I believe Maverick is still the best deck in the format and definitely the most underrated deck in the format.
    The Dragonstorm
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...he-Dragonstorm

May 2011
    Dalian, China

I hear ya,

I picked up a permanent ban for doing absolutely nothing wrong. I bought a playset of Japanese Jace's on MOTL, the guy stopped responding to me and the cards hadn't shown up for nearly three weeks. I opened a complaint with Paypal, then immediately received a PM from the guy telling me to drop the PP dispute. I told him I'd drop it once the cards arrived, he flipped and told the mods who promptly banned me. The cards showed up about a week later, I dropped the dispute and was permanently banned from Salvation because the MOTL ban stuck and they automatically ban anyone banned on MOTL.

Ridiculous, but the forum is garbage anyway.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Tormod View Post
    you're going to love this. For this suspension:

My first infraction, I don't even know what it is because they have deleted it...
    My second infraction, I got for posting: " Are you done being combative?" to some deuchebags picking on dice_bag in the modern forums
    My 3rd infraction, i got for "Maybe if you actually provided a link to support your claims that would be more persuasive than your toxic responses." to Bocephus, a really rude user.
    Yeah I know at least one of my responses was towards that idiot in the Modern forums. Honestly I feel no remorse. Most people on there that I respond to and get infracted for it are either really extremely stupid or asshats. I told the guy to go die in a fire because he said he knowingly tells his opponents that they can draw into top 8 with him while knowing they cant actually get in. I dont just randomly flame people for no reason.

Thread Information