Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: New Card Frame coming with M15

Will work for playset of Wastelands
    Apr 2012
    Czech Republic

Re: New Card Frame coming with M15

Quote Originally Posted by Mewens View Post
    MaRo hoooooo!

If printed to demand, that changes the dynamics of the decks entirely. I doubt Wizards wants to tread too firmly on archetype pillars ('goyf, Lili 2.0, etc.), but I could imagine them gleefully setting prices for Tarn / Rainforest (and other ubiquitous staples) to $32ish through these.
    I take this as a confirmation this precon is gonna be shitty.
    Legacy
    - Team Soviet Union
    - Death & Taxes
    Pauper
    - U/R Delver
    - Urza Tron

Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    Goblins should be called Team Soviet Union: show up with hordes of red infantry, first throw 'em under enemy tanks, then win with an immense wave.
    Chinese fakes!

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by prateta View Post
    I guess it won't be, there's little sense to print stuff that no one will buy.
    Moon, Tarn, Karn, Voice, Bob, Lili, SOFI, etc. USD 300, kthxbye...

Quote Originally Posted by prateta View Post
    Precons be shitty. It's essentially a default quantum state for them, or something. The real question(s) be, "Is Wizards looking to set market prices? If so, for which cards?"

Alternatively, I'd accept "Why am I sticky?" or "'_____,' a Lifetime movie about ______."
    The proper plural must be "hall of fames." You wouldn't say Halls & Oate, now, would you?

Mar 2013
    Bury, Manchester, England

Precons be shitty. It's essentially a default quantum state for them, or something. The real question(s) be, "Is Wizards looking to set market prices? If so, for which cards?"

Alternatively, I'd accept "Why am I sticky?" or "'_____,' a Lifetime movie about ______."
    'A lifetime of sadness' - 'My sex life'.

I'd like to see some fetches in here, and we may see stuff like filters.

Alternatively can we get a Canopy reprint? That card is getting out of hand for a card that basically only sees play in fun and kind of bad decks.

Alternatively 5-colour loam. One of each Fetchland, a Life from the Loam, and 69 kind of bad commons and uncommons. Deck sells out every week.
    Quote Originally Posted by useL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by twndomn View Post
    If you pay me or give me some benefits, I might consider writing reports.
    Can I pay you for not posting in this thread?
    The conspiracy goes deeper than you might think.

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjer View Post
    That's.... that's not how deckbuilding works.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

MaRo hoooooo!

If printed to demand, that changes the dynamics of the decks entirely. I doubt Wizards wants to tread too firmly on archetype pillars ('goyf, Lili 2.0, etc.), but I could imagine them gleefully setting prices for Tarn / Rainforest (and other ubiquitous staples) to $32ish through these.
    They have realized how much money they can squeeze out of players with this. The original Commander and stuff were only testing the waters.

As I read it, we only get one Modern precon this time:

Event decks

So we're probably getting 10 rares? Just as an indicator for things to come. And unlike Commander 2013, a box doesn't contain 4/5 unwanted jank.

A standard Event deck costs 20$, this costs 75$ MSRP, probably even higher (depending on the content) in the beginning with LGS jacking up the prices. Wizards is going to make mad cash with his. It would be dumb to not print the crap out of this at such a high MSRP as long as people are willing to buy it.

Feb 2012
    Tienen

Magic players who bitch about the prices of sealed product are like junkies who bitch about the prices their dealer charges them for cut ut dope. Nobody forces them to buy so much cardboard. Of course the stores will jack up the prices, no matter what's in the decks. It's kinda hard to feel sorry for the suckers who buy them and then get angry over having spent so much money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    They have realized how much money they can squeeze out of players with this. The original Commander and stuff were only testing the waters.

As I read it, we only get one Modern precon this time:

Event decks

So we're probably getting 10 rares? Just as an indicator for things to come. And unlike Commander 2013, a box doesn't contain 4/5 unwanted jank.

A standard Event deck costs 20$, this costs 75$ MSRP, probably even higher (depending on the content) in the beginning with LGS jacking up the prices. Wizards is going to make mad cash with his. It would be dumb to not print the crap out of this at such a high MSRP as long as people are willing to buy it.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

There is now a report (maybe reports by the time you click?) of the holo stamp on M15+ cards starting to flake: [link]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    There is now a report (maybe reports by the time you click?) of the holo stamp on M15+ cards starting to flake: [link]
    Quality.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by iamajellydonut View Post
    Quality.
    The card must be a chinese fake! That's the only way this makes sense.

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

The real questions is what the heck happened to the corner of the rightmost card. Do you let your hamster gnaw on your Yavimaya Coasts or something?

Jan 2006
    Boulder, CO

Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    The real questions is what the heck happened to the corner of the rightmost card. Do you let your hamster gnaw on your Yavimaya Coasts or something?
    Looks like the corner of the perfect fit is just curled up a bit.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

That's actually bloody brilliant of Wizards: People not liking the new holo stamps? They're removing themselves over time! And if people like them, they have to suck it up anyway!

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    Looks like the corner of the perfect fit is just curled up a bit.
    I know, but I still love that quote.
    Btw, making th cards with expiration dat was a devilish plan from WotC.

Quote Originally Posted by iamajellydonut View Post
    Quality.
    I remember people talking about the quality of card stock declining with 5th Edition.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    I remember people talking about the quality of card stock declining with 5th Edition.
    what they should do is increase the quality of the stock and ink like it was back in beta, and charge like 20cents more.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    Magic players who bitch about the prices of sealed product are like junkies who bitch about the prices their dealer charges them for cut ut dope. Nobody forces them to buy so much cardboard. Of course the stores will jack up the prices, no matter what's in the decks. It's kinda hard to feel sorry for the suckers who buy them and then get angry over having spent so much money.
    Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    what they should do is increase the quality of the stock and ink like it was back in beta, and charge like 20cents more.
    This really chaffs me too... I've come to accept that Wizards wants their cards to have a mystique that attracts newer players, by having costs that maintain older players. I think that's a fine-enough strategy. But come on guys, if you know you're printing cards that you want to retain high value for decades, there's no forgivable reason to ever pinch pennies when it comes to archival-quality ink and card stock. I'd feel a lot more comfortable posting $100 for a card if I knew it wasn't going to just fade away and disintegrate in 10 years.

But those gorgeous M15 frame Apocalypse pain lands had so much prestige :(

Thread Information