Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061 LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1206

Thread: Chinese fakes

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Re: Chinese fakes

Then I can only guess that they are asking him to stop since they already know and are investigating it themselves.

Maybe they feel like his looking might tip them off, or more probably move more so underground?
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

May 2010
    Florida

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Then I can only guess that they are asking him to stop since they already know and are investigating it themselves.

Maybe they feel like his looking might tip them off, or more probably move more so underground?
    to be fair, they did say they had 2 individuals on radar but then they disappeared . This was before Helene's tweet , now there is a more nice tone of discussion
    Titles do not honour men , men honour Titles.

admin of http://magecraftia.com/index.php

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Alara View Post
    but Barrook : post M15 border is already compromised ...
    You also claim that there are leaks about Khans of Tarkir and whatever.

How about this: Include actual proof to these back up these claims. Videos, screenshots, whatever. No PMs, just normal forum posts.

May 2010
    Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    You also claim that there are leaks about Khans of Tarkir and whatever.

How about this: Include actual proof to these back up these claims. Videos, screenshots, whatever. No PMs, just normal forum posts.

when WOTC allows it , you guys will be the first to know . Also watch out for newer Arid Mesas

when WOTC allows it , you guys will be the first to know . Also watch out for newer Arid Mesas
    What's the issue with mesas? Is this a covert advice to sell all my zen fetchlands right now!?
    Last edited by Jander78; 06-09-2014 at 05:24 PM.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by janluis1 View Post
    Is this a covert advice to sell all my zen fetchlands right now!?
    And that's exactly the issue here - unconfirmed claims with no way to back them up, only creating fear and panic.

There are fake Mesas? Then there should be proof somwhere.

And that's exactly the issue here - unconfirmed claims with no way to back them up, only creating fear and panic.

Actually I can't believe someone is faking unreleased cards. Is so sick, they must have a leak in their company I assume. If mesa will be in the next block please Pm me so I can sell now my collection lol.

Btw I' m italian and here in Italy are starting to circulating good quality proxies in italian language.
    It s so a good business for people. There is a very high demand. I hope Hasbro will find something to handle this.

I even remember going to a Big legacy tournament few months ago and seeing with my eyes this happening: a very popular MTG seller(with all major staples) was selling during the event proxies for 2 euros. He told me he commissioned those proxies to a local printing. Good paper quality but he used(i think) the digital scans you can find on the web so the overall quality was pretty crap(lol). The bottom line is that I bet there are hundreds of other people who are selling and producing fakes but you actually don't see them doing on the web.

post M15 border is already compromised ...
    Do you mean they allready fakes the holo layout!?

Cheers
    Last edited by Jander78; 06-09-2014 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Merged triple post and fixed grammar.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Do you mean they allready fakes the holo layout!?
    There are two hard parts to the M15 layout; the Beleran typeface and the holo.

If you're making copies of existing cards, the typeface doesn't matter since you'll just be using a super-high-res scan. If you're making cards from scratch, theproxyguy claims to have made his own typeface file from the ground up (which he's not sharing). A professional counterfeiting ring should have no problem knocking this part off.

I haven't seen the holo in person yet, so I can't comment on how good it is but people have been putting holos like this on stuff for decades. Enough capital and desire should easily break it. Even if it is hard, you could do the something similar to rebacking: white out a real card with a holo and print a more valuable card onto it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

It seems they've been on freaking ebay for several days now. The seller has photos in his listing. (But those could be photos of genuine cards for all I know.)

Well that looks like she really cares and wants to get to the bottom of this.

May 2010
    Florida

Quote Originally Posted by DLifshitz View Post
    It seems they've been on freaking ebay for several days now. The seller has photos in his listing. (But those could be photos of genuine cards for all I know.)
    exactly those if your talking about Wizards of Ghost .

btw also watch out for these:https://www.facebook.com/onar.bargio...7548017&type=1 well not fakes , they stole art violating intellectual property rights.

made imgur for those that don't have FB : http://imgur.com/a/lL2yS

I've been following these fakes for a while just observing this thread. It seems like some of you have gone off the deep end along with mtglion on this.

China has been making counterfeits and fakes of everything for a long long time and MTG is nothing special. Going on witch hunts against people who buy these or thinking they will get in serious legal trouble is just silly. The thing is buying most of this stuff is legal so you should be careful about threatening people how they have to contact you and email wotc after buying some proxies.

Also I want to see some proof of this khans of tarkir stuff, and don't act like WOTC has any say in you releasing info on it because that's bullshit. If you are saying arid mesa khans of tarkir is already being faked, at least provide proof because that's paranoid delusional level without it.

On the subject of ebay proxy stuff, that's stuffs been going on forever. You are giving advice to people not to buy "batman" tokens or whatever because it's IP infringing, it's just silly. If Wotc or hasbro wants to sue every single MTG player for their "illegal" tokens, let them, don't go harassing people over it.

exactly those if your talking about Wizards of Ghost .
    PM'd with link to listing. I actually think it's a different person selling counterfeits from the same manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by DLifshitz View Post
    PM'd with link to listing. I actually think it's a different person selling counterfeits from the same manufacturer.
    can someone just post the link over here?

How are you guys even finding all these people to buy from?

Realize by being the demand you are supporting them right? lol
    Team Hadley: OG Member Bitches
    I pray to Tom Brady.
    Red Sox 04 & 07: YEA

Bands with Others
    Jul 2009
    NY, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Shiggydiggity View Post
    I've been following these fakes for a while just observing this thread. It seems like some of you have gone off the deep end along with mtglion on this.

The thing is buying most of this stuff is legal so you should be careful about threatening people how they have to contact you and email wotc after buying some proxies.
    Fact.

Also I want to see some proof of this khans of tarkir stuff, and don't act like WOTC has any say in you releasing info on it because that's bullshit. If you are saying arid mesa khans of tarkir is already being faked, at least provide proof because that's paranoid delusional level without it.
    All Fiction.

On the subject of ebay proxy stuff, that's stuffs been going on forever. You are giving advice to people not to buy "batman" tokens or whatever because it's IP infringing, it's just silly. If Wotc or hasbro wants to sue every single MTG player for their "illegal" tokens, let them, don't go harassing people over it.
    He can't help how stupid he is.
    Last edited by menace13; 06-10-2014 at 11:38 AM. Reason: im stupid too
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Respect my shine bitch!

Maybe Russian Alara thought that this was a leaked counterfeit or something. I find it funny how some people behave as if they were some sort of knights in this crusade, while all they're really doing is reading the 4chan counterfeit threads and pretending they got some insider info.

May 2010
    Florida

can someone just post the link over here?

I would not advise it.

@menace13 I never insulted you so why are you insulting my IQ with even knowing me in real life?

@Madmaniac 21 : Who said I am buying lol?

@CH I see you a regular on $Chan which I don't frequent.

@ and lastly Shiggydiggity; Opinion noted . welcome to MTG Source btw.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

I am starting to wonder how much good can still realistically come from this thread.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

May 2010
    Florida

I am starting to wonder how much good can still realistically come from this thread.

don't worry the interfighting will stop and this thread will get normal...

Thread Information