Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061 LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1206

Thread: Chinese fakes

  1. #1161
    Member
    Barook's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Germany, Germering, Munich
    Posts

    6,743

    Re: Chinese fakes

    Quote Originally Posted by Russian Alara View Post
    Hasbro is WOTC Barook
    So what? Hasbro has stopped all those Chinese Fake Transformers - oh wait, they didn't, because they can't do anything about it.

    I'm pretty sure that e.g. German copyrighty laws allow Proxies as long as you don't try to sell them online or anywhere else and as long as they're for personal use only.

    How Wizards handles this issue in their official tournaments was already stated by them pretty clearly.

    Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Currently working on: Infinity Stompy

  2. #1162
    Member
    Russian Alara's Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2010
    Location

    Florida
    Posts

    69

    Re: Chinese fakes

    Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    So what? Hasbro has stopped all those Chinese Fake Transformers - oh wait, they didn't, because they can't do anything about it.

    I'm pretty sure that e.g. German copyrighty laws allow Proxies as long as you don't try to sell them online or anywhere else and as long as they're for personal use only.

    How Wizards handles this issue in their official tournaments was already stated by them pretty clearly.

    Correct me if I'm wrong.
    not talking about proxies but real fakes of MTG cards (Worldwake to Khan ), WOW , YGO , Naruto and Pokemon
    Titles do not honour men , men honour Titles.

    admin of http://magecraftia.com/index.php

  3. #1163
    Member
    Barook's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Germany, Germering, Munich
    Posts

    6,743

    Re: Chinese fakes

    Quote Originally Posted by Russian Alara View Post
    (Worldwake to Khan )
    I don't care about other card games, but no offense, are you implying that they're already realistically faking cards of a set that wasn't even spoiled in any kind of way?
    Currently working on: Infinity Stompy

  4. #1164
    Member
    Russian Alara's Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2010
    Location

    Florida
    Posts

    69

    Re: Chinese fakes

    Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    I don't care about other card games, but no offense, are you implying that they're already realistically faking cards of a set that wasn't even spoiled in any kind of way?
    yes
    Titles do not honour men , men honour Titles.

    admin of http://magecraftia.com/index.php

  5. #1165
    Bands with Others
    menace13's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2009
    Location

    NY, NY
    Posts

    1,229

    Re: Chinese fakes

    Quote Originally Posted by Russian Alara View Post


    you know its a legal crime to own counterfeit in United states?
    Sorry, i can't seem to find anything on buying fakes laws. Far as I know Manufacturing, Producing, and Distributing with intent to deceive is punishable. Not owning and buying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Respect my shine bitch!

  6. #1166
    Member
    Norm's Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2011
    Location

    Dalian, China
    Posts

    191

    Re: Chinese fakes

    Quote Originally Posted by Russian Alara View Post
    anyway : I got info that Alibaba and starcityshop , Wizards Of Ghost ( yes they actually mimicked Wizards) is run by same people.


    Pics will be posted as soon as permitted ( 120 in all) , 5 Different TCG , including US distributors.
    Wizards Of Ghost you say?

    I wonder if they'll print me some Farce of Wills or Swords to Stock Shares or OR OR...forget it.


  7. #1167

    Re: Chinese fakes

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Wizards Of Ghost you say?

    I wonder if they'll print me some Farce of Wills or Swords to Stock Shares or OR OR...forget it.

    I started playing magic 5 years ago when tarmo price was still 45 dollars and looked pretty high to me.
    In years i managed to collect all the cards needed for modern and most for legacy.
    Currently I miss 2 underground seas and 2 tropical Islands to get all the duals needed to build all tier 1/2 decks.
    Honestly in this situation I'm very hesitant to buy a 350 dollar dual land. Im afraid the price will eventually drop due.
    Im not willing to invest in old staples anymore. I believe the risk of loosing money now is too high. If i want to play with those cards I will ask just friends to borrow me.
    Im sure im not the only one who thinks in this way.

  8. #1168
    Member
    Russian Alara's Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2010
    Location

    Florida
    Posts

    69

    Re: Chinese fakes

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Wizards Of Ghost you say?

    I wonder if they'll print me some Farce of Wills or Swords to Stock Shares or OR OR...forget it.


    ironically registered in US
    Titles do not honour men , men honour Titles.

    admin of http://magecraftia.com/index.php

  9. #1169
    Member
    Russian Alara's Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2010
    Location

    Florida
    Posts

    69

    Re: Chinese fakes

    Diffcult day - I found 30 more divisions and 9 more sites of Starcityshop , reported to WOTC , and they told me I better stop/
    Titles do not honour men , men honour Titles.

    admin of http://magecraftia.com/index.php

  10. #1170
    Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Dice_Box's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2013
    Location

    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.
    Posts

    4,850

    Re: Chinese fakes

    Why did they say that?
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

  11. #1171

    Re: Chinese fakes

    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Why did they say that?
    Possibly because it looks a lot like spam.ming Hasbro with these.

  12. #1172
    Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Dice_Box's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2013
    Location

    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.
    Posts

    4,850

    Re: Chinese fakes

    "Excuse me sir, may I offer you a free service you need in order to facilitate war against a menace that may, in the future, cause major and lasting damage to your enterprise?"

    "Fuck off bitch, we ain't got no time for your spam round these parts."

    Seams like a fail to me.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

  13. #1173
    A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    PirateKing's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2011
    Location

    BEST JERSEY
    Posts

    1,338

    Re: Chinese fakes

    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Seams like a fail to me.
    To their credit, at least they're consistent in their incompetence.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

  14. #1174

    Re: Chinese fakes

    Quote Originally Posted by Russian Alara View Post
    Diffcult day - I found 30 more divisions and 9 more sites of Starcityshop , reported to WOTC , and they told me I better stop/
    Its because they don't care. The only one that cares about old magic cards values are the jerks sitting on tons of stockpiled duals and such.

    Even wizards are telling you to give it a rest haha

  15. #1175
    Member
    Russian Alara's Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2010
    Location

    Florida
    Posts

    69
    Titles do not honour men , men honour Titles.

    admin of http://magecraftia.com/index.php

  16. #1176
    Member
    Barook's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Germany, Germering, Munich
    Posts

    6,743

    Re: Chinese fakes

    Quote Originally Posted by NefariousBTK View Post
    Its because they don't care.
    For every site killed, 5 new ones pop up. Kinda understandable.

    They probably don't care since they can sell new cards with shiny new protection after M15.
    Currently working on: Infinity Stompy

  17. #1177
    Hymn-Slinger
    H's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2008
    Location

    The U-easy-anna
    Posts

    2,450

    Re: Chinese fakes

    It's probably more so that they are already in a legal proceedings with Hex and don't have the budget to pursue two cases at once.

    They don't want to know since knowing and not defending their copyright could cause them to lose it should it come down to that.

    Then again, maybe not, I don't know, we can only guess.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    —Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

  18. #1178
    Site Contributor
    Quasim0ff's Avatar
    Join Date

    Apr 2013
    Posts

    1,452

    Re: Chinese fakes

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    To their credit, at least they're consistent in their incompetence.
    oh lawd, soooo true lmao!

  19. #1179

    Re: Chinese fakes

    Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    It's probably more so that they are already in a legal proceedings with Hex and don't have the budget to pursue two cases at once.

    They don't want to know since knowing and not defending their copyright could cause them to lose it should it come down to that.

    Then again, maybe not, I don't know, we can only guess.
    The legal dept is Hasbro's, a multi billion dollar multinational. There is no way they don't have the legal resources to do practically whatever they want.

    And there's nothing Hasbro loves more than "protecting" their "intellectual property", believe me. WotC won't even let people running GPs use the GP logo without a 3 month long permission process, because Hasbro. If you've ever wondered why sometimes GP playmats don't have the GP logo.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.”
    -David DeLaney

  20. #1180
    Member
    Russian Alara's Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2010
    Location

    Florida
    Posts

    69

    Re: Chinese fakes

    Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    It's probably more so that they are already in a legal proceedings with Hex and don't have the budget to pursue two cases at once.

    They don't want to know since knowing and not defending their copyright could cause them to lose it should it come down to that.

    Then again, maybe not, I don't know, we can only guess.
    funny thing though same companies were selling Hex electronic cracks

    but Barrook : post M15 border is already compromised ...


    CDR : Also the main company was faking new MTG playmats by Ultra Pro already , bought out two shipments in 5 mins.
    Titles do not honour men , men honour Titles.

    admin of http://magecraftia.com/index.php

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)