Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1206

Thread: Chinese fakes

Re: Chinese fakes

Recently someone mentioned this page on Reddit: http://lethix.com/index.html
    I'd imagine it's another batch of counterfeit cards from the description of the lot they're selling

All dual lands are FBB-foreign black border-some R/W card in Chinese, not a clue what it is. The rest are pictured In this section or non foil #1 Ancient Tomb Arid mesa Badlands Bayou Bitterblossom Bloodstained Mire City of Traitors Crucible of Worlds Cryptic Command Damnation Dark Confident Dark Depths Emrakul, the Aeon’s Torn Flooded Strand Force of Will Gaea’s Cradle Griselbrand Imperial Recruiter Jace The mind sculptor Karn Liberated Liliana of the Veil Lion’s eye Diamond Mana Crypt Marsh Flats Misdirection Misty rainforest Mox Diamond Mox Opal Mutavault Noble Heirarch Plateau Polluted Delta Rishadan Port Savannah Scalding Tarn Scrubland Sensei’s Diving Top Show and Tell Snapcaster Mage Sneak Attack Stifle Stone forge Mystic Taiga Tarmogoyf Tropical Island Truename Nemesis Tundra Umzawa’s Jitte Underground Sea Vendilion Clique Verdant Catacombs Volcanic Island Wasteland Windswept Heath Wooded Foothills

Say no to creatures.

May 2013

I think I have received fake True-name Nemeses from an online vendor, was wondering if these were being counterfeited as well but seeing your list I'm even more suspicious now. Is anyone willing to take a look at the cards I have to confirm?

From what I can see there's the dot pattern, the feel is alright, the blue layer's there and different print layering is there (the rules text vs the picture box etc.). The telling signs for me were that the color tone was off and the same weird tone in all 3 of them. The card picture seems a bit low-res to me and not as sharp as I'd expect from a real magic card. The most suspicious one is, there is a very thin white line at the intersection of the card frame and the black border. This is even visible without a loupe and something I haven't seen this in any other new frame cards.

If these really are fake having received them from a reputable online vendor isn't a good sign at all..
    Legacy: Rituals
    Vintage: Drains

I just bought a couple of the "proxies" from lethix.com (via paypal) and will try to get some high def video and pictures of them side by side with actual versions. Should make for an interesting Saturday in the future.
    BZK! - Storm Boards

Been there, tried that, still casting Doomsday.
    Drawing my deck for 0 mana since 2013.

May 2010
    Florida

Quote Originally Posted by emidln View Post
    I just bought a couple of the "proxies" from lethix.com (via paypal) and will try to get some high def video and pictures of them side by side with actual versions. Should make for an interesting Saturday in the future.
    pm me after I need to add you to Database on Facebook that way you will be informed about latest news.
    Titles do not honour men , men honour Titles.

admin of http://magecraftia.com/index.php

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs View Post
    I think I have received fake True-name Nemeses from an online vendor, was wondering if these were being counterfeited as well but seeing your list I'm even more suspicious now. Is anyone willing to take a look at the cards I have to confirm?

From what I can see there's the dot pattern, the feel is alright, the blue layer's there and different print layering is there (the rules text vs the picture box etc.). The telling signs for me were that the color tone was off and the same weird tone in all 3 of them. The card picture seems a bit low-res to me and not as sharp as I'd expect from a real magic card. The most suspicious one is, there is a very thin white line at the intersection of the card frame and the black border. This is even visible without a loupe and something I haven't seen this in any other new frame cards.

If these really are fake having received them from a reputable online vendor isn't a good sign at all..
    Give me a high Rez scan and I will compare it to my own TNN and see what happens.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

May 2010
    Florida

Reported site to Wizards. ..

Quote Originally Posted by emidln View Post
    Looking forward to hearing back from you. Interested how the card paper material compares.
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle".
    - Albert Einstein

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Alara View Post
    edit: Barrook you heard about Brian Matzen? .. well he works not alone also has a alias Sarah Fisher and tries to sell Timewalks , Bob . ETC
    Nope, and I stopped caring with all the speculator insanity going on and Wizards not getting their shit together regarding reprints (see: RL and Modern fetches)

They brought it upon themselves by making the secondary market too attractive and not going with the times to meet demand.

All I'm waiting for is the eventual crash to get prices back to a more reasonable level to buy back into paper magic. Until then, I'll stay on MODO.

May 2010
    Florida

http://lethix.com/index.html is now reconstructing to YGO

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Nope, and I stopped caring with all the speculator insanity going on and Wizards not getting their shit together regarding reprints (see: RL and Modern fetches)
    The fetchland comments seems odd. The fetchlands would be a poor choice for Standard until Return to Ravnica rotates out (even if you don't mind the crazy manabases that would result from them and the shocklands in Standard, it would turn the format into nothing but BGx decks thanks to Deathrite Shaman), and they only recently spiked up. I don't see any issues with what they've done with the fetchlands so far, though a lot of the excuses run out when Khans of Tarkir is released.

If you wanted to criticize them in regards to reprints, which is not unreasonable, I can think of a number of things that would be better to point to than the fetchlands.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    The fetchland comments seems odd. The fetchlands would be a poor choice for Standard until Return to Ravnica rotates out (even if you don't mind the crazy manabases that would result from them and the shocklands in Standard, it would turn the format into nothing but BGx decks thanks to Deathrite Shaman), and they only recently spiked up. I don't see any issues with what they've done with the fetchlands so far, though a lot of the excuses run out when Khans of Tarkir is released.

If you wanted to criticize them in regards to reprints, which is not unreasonable, I can think of a number of things that would be better to point to than the fetchlands.
    Fetchlands + shockslands in Standard would be unreasonable since mana base costs would explode, so I'm fine with that. From a recent interview at the end of April, it sounded like it's going to take a while until fetches are reprinted. Khans of Tarkir sounds rather unlikey in that regard, hence me commenting on them being too slow since it takes them two whole years to react to such things.

I don't think I need to comment on the lack of reprints of other stuff like FoW (and no, foil Judge promos aren't going to meet the demand), Karakas, Wasteland, etc.

May 2011
    Nikaho, 秋田県

Fetchlands + shockslands in Standard would be unreasonable since mana base costs would explode, so I'm fine with that. From a recent interview at the end of April, it sounded like it's going to take a while until fetches are reprinted. Khans of Tarkir sounds rather unlikey in that regard, hence me commenting on them being too slow since it takes them two whole years to react to such things.

I don't think I need to comment on the lack of reprints of other stuff like FoW (and no, foil Judge promos aren't going to meet the demand), Karakas, Wasteland, etc.
    Exposing standard players to fetch-dual mana would be good for modern and legacy, so there's another reason they won't do it, even though it would be fun as hell.

Say no to creatures.

May 2013

I'll take some some pics this evening/tomorrow morning depending on how dark it will get before I go home today. Flash pictures suck :( Anyways the vendor says that this is normal varience in Commander products' printing but they also agreed to take the cards back if I'm not comfortable.
    Legacy: Rituals
    Vintage: Drains

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserruhsam View Post
    Exposing standard players to fetch-dual mana would be good for modern and legacy, so there's another reason they won't do it, even though it would be fun as hell.
    I disagree here.

A fetch-dual manabase is not only very expensive, but also, without decent mana denial, about as cancerous as it can get.

Joe Cool Above All
    Sep 2007

I mean people casting lots of different color spells, or casting spells at all, especially blue ones, that's super bad for Magic.

May 2010
    Florida

I disagree here.

A fetch-dual manabase is not only very expensive, but also, without decent mana denial, about as cancerous as it can get.

You got your wish: http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazin...g/daily/ld/301

yes Fetchlands soon.

as for new Chinese fakes : http://fingerlakes.craigslist.org/clt/4492885545.html

if anyone gets his paypal I would appreciate it....

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Alara View Post
    You got your wish: http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazin...g/daily/ld/301

yes Fetchlands soon.
    Where exactly is the part with the Fetchlands? Don't expect me to read a wall of text, especially when a quick search for key words brought up nothing.

May 2010
    Florida

Where exactly is the part with the Fetchlands? Don't expect me to read a wall of text, especially when a quick search for key words brought up nothing.
    mana confluence note: " KD 8/20: Per Dave and Erik: Now pay life rather than deal damage, to match the land cycles we are most likely to reprint." from the Mana Confluence

Apr 2014
    phillipines

so the fetches reprint are coming,all smiles for now

Quote Originally Posted by big_ticket View Post
    so the fetches reprint are coming,all smiles for now
    Doesn't mean it's coming this year. But if the fetchlands are the ones most likely to be reprinted as the article indicates, they're certainly coming within the next two years.

Thread Information