View Poll Results: What does Fish refer to in a game? What if your opponent confirmed Fish?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fish refers to Merfolk

7 15.56%
  • Fish refers to Fish

33 73.33%
  • I would change my answer

4 8.89%
  • I would not change my answer

1 2.22%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cavern of Souls

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Re: Cavern of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    +1 on closing thread
    That doesn't work as a disclaimer. You can't just spew out a bunch of nonsense and then try to pass it off as fact by forbidding people to reply.

The same people consistently top 8 for a good reason. They don't make mistakes. If Joel is playing against Elves and casts Cabal Therapy knowing his opponent's hand, does Joel get to clarify upon resolution that "nonono! I meant Elvish Mystic not Llanowar Elves!"? No, of course he doesn't. That's Joel's mistake and he has to deal with it. There's no way a Judge can resolve this in anyone but Joel's opponent's favor just the same as our fish scenario. There are certain times where synonyms just don't cut it, and sometimes people have to learn that the hard way.

Re: Cavern of Souls

Closing is more a matter of not beating a dead horse. I was going to see if Sourcers could avoid that, but: closed.

We have a more or less judge-agreed upon answer; "fish" is fish barring previously established shortcuts. And that's pretty much what FTW/etc were saying.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Thread Information