Thread: Dual Nature plus legendary creature with ETB effect

Dual Nature plus legendary creature with ETB effect

If I have a Dual Nature in play and am using Hazezon Tamar as a Commander, will I get two ETB triggers from Tamar?

What I want:
    Cast Tamar
    -> Trigger Tamar ETB
    -> Trigger Dual Nature
    Resolve Dual Nature trigger
    -> Put Tamar token on battlefield
    -> Trigger Tamar ETB

But do I get that last trigger, or do state based actions mean that I have to sac one of them first? Ideally I get 2 Tamar ETB triggers but am left with 0 Tamar in play.

Re: Dual Nature plus legendary creature with ETB effect

It will work the way you want.

>First tamar enters
    >stack both your triggers how you want
    >After Dual Nature trigger resolves, choose the legend to keep (doesn't matter which, Tamar will trigger regardless)
    >Stack Second Tamar trigger and Leaves the battlefield trigger, also Dual Nature trigger if you sac the non-token
    >resolve stack

During your next upkeep, both the delayed Tamar triggers happen and you get your tokens.

10/1/2009 The first ability creates a delayed triggered ability that triggers at the beginning of your next upkeep. It doesn't matter who controls Hazezon Tamar at that time, or even if it's on the battlefield. The player who put Hazezon onto the battlefield gets the Sand Warriors.

Dual Nature is especially forgiving since it itself is a trigger, but even if you were playing a legend with one already in play, ETB triggers still trigger before the legend SBA rule kicks in.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Sep 2011

Is there a reason why this site is so wrong:
    http://deckbox.org/mtg/Hazezon%20Tamar

Have there been multiple functional erratas?

Also, maybe The Source should stop linking to DeckBox if they have the wrong wording on some cards.

Thread Information