//Sideboard:
    3 Grand Abolisher
    2 Tormod's Crypt
    2 Relic of Progenitus
    3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    1 Phyrexian Revoker
    2 Etched Champion
    2 Master of Etherium

Typical affinity explosive openers with Glimpse to fuel explosive hands and some hatebears to interact with the opponent.

1st turn Erayo flip is possible:
    ArtiLand, Mox Opal, Ornithopter/Memnite, Erayo (3rd spell), Ornithopter/Memnite

It's also easy to flip off Glimpse draws. There's also a soft-lock with Erayo+Canonist, although Abrupt Decay ends it pretty quickly.

More hatebears can be boarded in, or Erayo-combo can be boarded out for more gas (Master, Champion). Master also protects your dorks from all the weenie hate post-board.

Re: Glimpse Affinity

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    There's also a soft-lock with Erayo+Canonist, although Abrupt Decay ends it pretty quickly.
    Ah, I remember the days pre-AD when Erayo locks would enrage my play groups. I miss those days. Damnable Abrupt Decay...

You might be interested in my Kobolds deck that plays very similar to affinity.

http://deckstats.net/deck-3513115-c9...e59c4c633.html

Sep 2011

Cool, thanks for posting. I've seen variants of Glimpse+Beck decks but nothing quite like that one. Why more Curse of Predation than Beastmaster Ascension. Doesn't Beastmaster kill more reliably? Also, why no haste enablers like Concordant Crossroads? I'd be worried about passing the turn against Nausea.format

How about...

//10 draw set-up:
    4 Personal Tutor
    4 Glimpse of Nature
    2 Beck // Call

//28 creatures:
    4 Kobolds of Kher Keep
    4 Crimson Kobolds
    4 Crookshank Kobolds
    4 Ornithopter
    4 Memnite
    4 Phyrexian Walker
    4 Shield Sphere

//3 Win conditions:
    1 Beastmaster Ascension
    2 Grapeshot

//19 mana sources:
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Elvish Spirit Guide
    2 Mox Opal
    4 Gemstone Mine
    4 Breeding Pool
    1 City of Brass

Or with black instead:

//9 Draw+Tutors:
    4 Glimpse of Nature
    4 Diabolic Intent
    1 Ad Nauseam

//24 Creatures:
    4 Kobolds of Kher Keep
    4 Crimson Kobolds
    4 Crookshank Kobolds
    4 Ornithopter
    4 Memnite
    4 Phyrexian Walker

//4 Win Conditions:
    2 Living Wish
    1 Tendrils of Agony
    1 Beastmaster Ascension

//24 Mana:
    4 Dark Ritual
    4 Culling the Weak
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Chrome Mox
    2 Gaea's Cradle
    4 Bayou
    2 Gemstone Mine

//Sideboard:
    1 Gaea's Cradle
    1 Craterhoof Behemoth
    1 Terastodon
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Madrush Cyclops
    1 Storm Entity
    1 Viridian Shaman
    1 Azusa, Lost but
    1 Regal Force
    2 Gemstone Mine
    4 Xantid Swarm

A combination of Glimpse and Ad Nauseam to draw through your deck.

Living Wish creates an interesting toolbox.
    You can Wish for an answer to hate, for Cradle for mana, for Azusa to drop 1-2 cradles from your hand to drop lots of mana, for Craterhoof or Storm Entity to smash in FTW, for Madrush Cyclops to enable haste so you can swing (with Beastmaster) FTW, for Regal force to draw more, for Eternal Witness to get back a draw spell.

The Glimpse-Beck version could probably also run this too. Wish for Azusa into double cradle is a huge mana boost (with the new Legend rules)! You can also just wish for Cradle, Terastodon, Craterhoof, Storm Entity or w/e. And at the worst case you can wish into Elvish Visionary or a 0-cc creature or Regal Force to keep the draws going.

Cool, thanks for posting. I've seen variants of Glimpse+Beck decks but nothing quite like that one. Why more Curse of Predation than Beastmaster Ascension. Doesn't Beastmaster kill more reliably? Also, why no haste enablers like Concordant Crossroads? I'd be worried about passing the turn against Nausea.format

How about...

//10 draw set-up:
    4 Personal Tutor
    4 Glimpse of Nature
    2 Beck // Call

//28 creatures:
    4 Kobolds of Kher Keep
    4 Crimson Kobolds
    4 Crookshank Kobolds
    4 Ornithopter
    4 Memnite
    4 Phyrexian Walker
    4 Shield Sphere

//3 Win conditions:
    1 Beastmaster Ascension
    2 Grapeshot

//19 mana sources:
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Elvish Spirit Guide
    2 Mox Opal
    4 Gemstone Mine
    4 Breeding Pool
    1 City of Brass

Or with black instead:

//9 Draw+Tutors:
    4 Glimpse of Nature
    4 Diabolic Intent
    1 Ad Nauseam

//24 Creatures:
    4 Kobolds of Kher Keep
    4 Crimson Kobolds
    4 Crookshank Kobolds
    4 Ornithopter
    4 Memnite
    4 Phyrexian Walker

//4 Win Conditions:
    2 Living Wish
    1 Tendrils of Agony
    1 Beastmaster Ascension

//24 Mana:
    4 Dark Ritual
    4 Culling the Weak
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Chrome Mox
    2 Gaea's Cradle
    4 Bayou
    2 Gemstone Mine

//Sideboard:
    1 Gaea's Cradle
    1 Craterhoof Behemoth
    1 Terastodon
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Madrush Cyclops
    1 Storm Entity
    1 Viridian Shaman
    1 Azusa, Lost but
    1 Regal Force
    2 Gemstone Mine
    4 Xantid Swarm

A combination of Glimpse and Ad Nauseam to draw through your deck.

Living Wish creates an interesting toolbox.
    You can Wish for an answer to hate, for Cradle for mana, for Azusa to drop 1-2 cradles from your hand to drop lots of mana, for Craterhoof or Storm Entity to smash in FTW, for Madrush Cyclops to enable haste so you can swing (with Beastmaster) FTW, for Regal force to draw more, for Eternal Witness to get back a draw spell.

The Glimpse-Beck version could probably also run this too. Wish for Azusa into double cradle is a huge mana boost (with the new Legend rules)! You can also just wish for Cradle, Terastodon, Craterhoof, Storm Entity or w/e. And at the worst case you can wish into Elvish Visionary or a 0-cc creature or Regal Force to keep the draws going.
    The goal of this version isn't to storm kill and would not do so reliably with so many lands and non-creatures. The storm version is called Cherri0s and the thread for discussion can be found on mtgsalvation (specifically the one by serenechaos). It focuses on turn 1-2 kills thus plays only 2 lands and no beck/call. It gets glimpse with gamble or personal tutor.

I used to play 4 beastmaster before predation was printed and it was shitty when you would draw two of them or if it would get abrupt decayed. Attacking into opposing deathrites, batterskull, stoneforge, goyf was irritating to say the least. Keep in mine you don't always get 1000 creatures in play, most of the time u get 5-8 and hopefully your glimpse chain stops with a win condition in hand. One attack off curse of predation allows your current creatures to dodge -1-1 effects for the rest of the game. You can also reliably attack into other creatures without losing too much of your own. Curse is worse against sweepers like wrath or terminus which is why I include another beastmaster in the sb, but in the current meta nausea effects are more prevalent. Golgari charm either kills beastmaster or your creatures which further proves why beastmaster is bad and that golgari charm answers anything you do if you don't play curse. A 4curse/2beast or 3/3 split would be good.

Your second list looks alot better as the first one will most likely fizzle quite often. I'll test it, looks quite fun! :)
    If you really want to glimpse chain into storm you will definately need Scapegoat and less lands.

Sep 2011

Yeah, I was kind of merging it with Cheerios to get something that can combo on turn 1 or can just sh*t out a bunch of dorks and attack.
    The first list probably needs more Cradles and more Living Wishes then (Living Wish into Craterhoof/Emrakul with Cradle seems like a nice way to finish), but not having to run Ad Nauseam opens up a lot of avenues for the deck.

What's the advantage of playing the beatdown version over the storm version? Without tutors, you get tons of hands with 0 Glimpse and 0 Beck//Call and then you just have a bunch of 0/1 dorks and nothing to do. Serum Powder? Personal Tutor? Or if you only drop 5-8 guys but don't have enough gas to continue, how does that get you a win? Seems vulnerable to losing to combo decks, sweepers, faster aggro clocks.

If you have Cradle/Ritual mana to cast things like Beastmaster and Predation, why not instead cast Reprocess or Scapegoat or Regal Force or whatever to draw more cards and keep chaining off. Basically, what's the advantage of running that many 0-power creatures and only going half-combo?

Yeah, I was kind of merging it with Cheerios to get something that can combo on turn 1 or can just sh*t out a bunch of dorks and attack.
    The first list probably needs more Cradles and more Living Wishes then (Living Wish into Craterhoof/Emrakul with Cradle seems like a nice way to finish), but not having to run Ad Nauseam opens up a lot of avenues for the deck.

What's the advantage of playing the beatdown version over the storm version? Without tutors, you get tons of hands with 0 Glimpse and 0 Beck//Call and then you just have a bunch of 0/1 dorks and nothing to do. Serum Powder? Personal Tutor? Or if you only drop 5-8 guys but don't have enough gas to continue, how does that get you a win? Seems vulnerable to losing to combo decks, sweepers, faster aggro clocks.

If you have Cradle/Ritual mana to cast things like Beastmaster and Predation, why not instead cast Reprocess or Scapegoat or Regal Force or whatever to draw more cards and keep chaining off. Basically, what's the advantage of running that many 0-power creatures and only going half-combo?
    Regal force only counts green creatures. As I said, I wanted this version to be more like affinity and less combo (I play belcher for my combo needs ;) ) which is why I posted it here. At my LGS I've crushed affinity 2-0 countless times with kobolds. It's just plain better and faster. Hands without Glimpse or Beck is usually a mulligan but it depends on your hand. You play 7 glimpse effects (4 beck was too many in testing) and 6 win cons (3 beastmaster, 3 curse). I've won games off play dudes, cradle, curse you, pass. Signal Pest is a huge help as well. Fusing beck call is also surprisingly common late game, and casting the Call half is also good. I've goldfished, playtested the crap out of this version and it's been quite consistent. Signal Pest is quite important since it can't be blocked. Along with ornithopter it's great to get counters on beastmaster.

For example, I would keep the following hands that do not include a glimpse effect:

2 land, Lotus Petal, Kobold, Ornithopter, Signal Pest, Curse of Predation
    Cradle, 5x 0 drops, beastmaster/curse
    signal pest x2, 4x zero drops, 1 land
    land, petal, elvish spirit guide, curse of predation/beastmaster, 3x 0 drops

Hands with mana and 2 wincons are also keepable.

Grinding is also fine since you have tons of blockers. Beck/call is great late game but 2 in your opening hand is irritating which is why it's 3. 2 win cons in your opening hand is also very good.

Thread Information