4 AEther Vial
4 Thirst for Knowledge
1 Mindslaver
1 Viridian Longbow
1 Planar Portal
2 Vedalken Shackles

21 Island
1 Academy Ruins

Grand Architect does a lot of things. The most important thing here is the combo with Pili-Pala. Use Grand Architect to make Pili-Pala blue. Tap the Pili-Pala for mana using the Architect's ability then untap it for mana using the Pili-Pala ability. Repeat until you have infinite mana. This allows you to go off as early as turn 3:

Turn 2: Pili Pala
Turn 3: Attack with Pili-Pala. Cast Grand Architect. Tap Architect to untap Pili-Pala, making a blue mana. Spend the blue mana to make Pili-Pala blue. Infinite mana.

This combo is comparable to Splinter Twin, which is interesting

Pros compared to twin:
-You can go off a turn earlier (because the pieces cost 2/3 mana instead of 3/4)
-You can't get 2-for-1ed by removal (you never have to put an aura on anything)

Cons compared to twin:
-Infinite mana doesn't actually win you the game on its own, you need something else to go with it.
-None of the pieces have flash so passing the turn with untapped mana isn't as threatening.

(There are other more marginal things like interaction with opposing Spellskites and Stony Silence / Torpor Orb)

The Pili-Pala combo has been known since Grand Architect got spoiled but a lot of the decks trying to win with it have been really dedicated, trying to assemble the combo as quickly as possible using transmute cards and cantrips. This basically makes the deck just a worse version of twin due to the additional wincon card required. My build is more about making better use of Grand Architect because its ability is really strong (Almost metalworker-esque) even if you aren't using it to just combo off and win immediately.

The rest of the creatures:

Treasure Mage: Treasure Mage has great synergy with Grand Architect, ramping your mana and finding stuff to spend it on.

Wurmcoil: Resolving a wurmcoil usually just puts the nail in the coffin for anything midrange/zoo (watch out for Path to Exile).

Spellskite: 2 mana artifacts are perfect to drop into play with Architect. Spellskite protects the combo, protects Wurms from Path, blocks early rushes, redirects Ravager triggers, redirects burn from your face, is good against auras (twin/bogle) and you can make it blue with Architect to ramp into other things.

Myr Superion: The artifact Tarmogoyf. Usually bigger than actual Tarmogoyf. Making it blue with Architect makes it a 6/7 at which point it is almost certainly bigger than actual Tarmogoyf. It can easily win games on its own and at worst it's a removal magnet to protect your higher-utility things.

Vedalken Engineer: Unfortunately you can only play 4 Grand Architects so this is Architect 5-7. Unfortunately with an Architect in play this is strictly worse than Merfolk of the Pearl Trident but you need a certain density of stuff that helps you cast your Myr Superions and Wurmcoils even when you don't draw into your Architects. (Otherwise I would play something like Etherium Sculptor in this slot)

The Spells:

Planar Portal / Longbow: This is how you win with the Pili-Pala combo. I wanted a 6+ mana way to utilize the combo (because of Treasure Mage) and the only thing I could find was Hair-Strung-Koto, which unfortunately doesn't kill anybody with an Emrakul in their deck. But then I realised that I have infinite mana (durr) so I can just play Planar Portal and win with anything. Longbow looks weird (you have infinite mana so you can keep untapping Pili-Pala with its own ability and ping them over and over) but it's a semi-reasonable card to draw on its own, unlike Banefire or something. Planar Portal also looks crap but the deck can make a lot of mana through Architect so it isn't the worst card to just naturally draw into.

Mindslaver/Greaves: Niche 1-ofs that aren't terrible, maybe they shouldn't be in the deck but I thought I should give them a try.

AEther Vial: Allows you to flash in Pili-Pala and Grand Architect and combo people from nowhere. It's another way to get Myr Superion onto the battlefield, which is important. And you have a lot of creatures in the deck so it's a good way to play out your Treasure Mages and such without getting bottlenecked on mana. In dire manascrew situations you can tick it up to 6 in order to put Wurmcoil Engines into play.

TFK: Good card advantage spell. Lategame you can pitch multiples of Pili-Pala or Vials that aren't doing anything. Some form of card draw is also useful after you combo off in order to dig through your deck and find a wincon.

Shackles: Just a really good card. Castable off Architects, gives you a way to remove your opponents creatures (against Twin/Pod this is obviously very important, randomly stealing something like a Goblin Electromancer is also what you need to do sometimes), and against any sort of creature deck you just take their biggest guy and go to town on their smaller ones

Lands
1 Academy because why not (Mindslaver? Hurr) and lots of Islands because Shackles

Things to consider:
-Do you even want to play 4 Pili Palas? You could take the deck in quite a different direction, cutting them down to 1 or 2 and adding Kuldotha Forgemaster or something. There are also a lot of other interesting things you can build around with Architect, like Trinket Mage packages or some sort of Esperzoa etb value build

It's fun and doesn't seem completely awful but I was just wondering if you guys had any suggestions