Thread: Stifle Laboratory Maniac Trigger

Stifle Laboratory Maniac Trigger

Just was thinking of the weird human flip deck into library and its weaknesses, and wondered if this was possible:

When attempting the final draw with Laboratory Maniac in play, can someone stifle the "win the game" trigger and thus cause you to lose? Or is his ability even a triggered ability?

Перетягивание
    Feb 2012
    Canberra, Australia

Re: Stifle Laboratory Maniac Trigger

I believe it's a replacement effect, not a triggered ability?
    At any rate, if you can respond to it, they can respond by tapping another human with Azami (like herself, an undercity informer or wild cantor) to trigger it again.

I also believe it's a replacement effect. "Instead of losing, you win". I don't think you can Stifle that.
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle".
    - Albert Einstein

"When", "whenever", "at" = triggered ability.

"Instead" = replacement effect.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Thread Information