Page 60 of 79 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1571

Thread: SCG and its not-as-lousy-as-WotC coverage

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Re: SCG and its not-as-lousy-as-WotC coverage

Quote Originally Posted by menace13 View Post
    Seeing as remembering one letter abbreviations for the colors of the game, is too hard. We will now be replacing those bulky 3 lettered abbreviated names for far simpler and shorter words that roll smoothly off the tongue. Words like azban, and sultai, and mardu. But only if the deck's name has 3 color abbreviated letters in its name. If they only possess 2, then youre stuck with your unwieldy and difficult to remember names. This is not a marketing ploy. But an extending of a helping hand to our newer players. Frankly I am disappoint this community cannot see how three lettered names representing the basic colors of the game, arent difficult to associate with.
    I really cannot tell if you're sarcastic or not.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

He is.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

So, I put the New Jersey matches that I didn't get the chance to watch on in the background, and holy shit this casting.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV26nf4yWq8

Ignoring the Gravetroll comment, apparently the master plan of Manaless Dredge is to reanimate a Blightsteel Colossus with Flayer of the Hatebound in play. This is definitely a thing that Manaless Dredge aims to do.

Edit: Oh my god they keep going.

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Quote Originally Posted by iamajellydonut View Post
    So, I put the New Jersey matches that I didn't get the chance to watch on in the background, and holy shit this casting.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV26nf4yWq8

Ignoring the Gravetroll comment, apparently the master plan of Manaless Dredge is to reanimate a Blightsteel Colossus with Flayer of the Hatebound in play. This is definitely a thing that Manaless Dredge aims to do.

Edit: Oh my god they keep going.
    Didn't check the VOD you linked but from what I remember they joked about how with Elesh Norn on the table, dropping BSC off the opponent's Show and Tell after having already dropped Flayer of the Hatebound off a prior S&T will....still only put your opponent at 9 poison due to the -2/-2.
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Didn't check the VOD you linked but from what I remember they joked about how with Elesh Norn on the table, dropping BSC off the opponent's Show and Tell after having already dropped Flayer of the Hatebound off a prior S&T will....still only put your opponent at 9 poison due to the -2/-2.
    If you go to the middle of the video and the sideboarding, Matthias definitely wasn't kidding. After they realized the Elesh Norn was indeed GG ("this card does not win on its own though it's pretty good") they started joking a little bit about the general situation, but I still don't think he grasped the mechanics.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Well everyone, our cries have been heard....

http://youtu.be/2a0JP6nE3xE

So yea, we are now using the Ravnica guild names, your all got your wish, next, we will be renaming single colours. Red will be first, it shall now be known as Shiv.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

So yea, we are now using the Ravnica guild names, your all got your wish, next, we will be renaming single colours. Red will be first, it shall now be known as Shiv.
    I, for one, welcome our new Tolarian overlords.

Bands with Others
    Jul 2009
    NY, NY

Well everyone, our cries have been heard....

http://youtu.be/2a0JP6nE3xE

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    I, for one, welcome our new Tolarian overlords.
    Progress has been made. My ranting here is done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Respect my shine bitch!

...Welp, today's been pretty damn weird: four matches gone to time, and then the two 5-1's have a T2 kill in Reanimator vs Elves!

EDIT: then a moronic play of 'Discard Griz with Reanimate in hand at 9, then allow a hiut for 2."

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Ugh, that Game 2. "Let's sit here forever until these Reanimates are turned off." And then not using one of the Reanimates to steal his opponent's Scavenging Ooze to stop the 1/1 attacks. And then finally stealing Ooze but never activating it. And then Decaying, which loses him the game. Horrendous.

Edit: Well, at least he threw away Game 3, too, so he won't be on camera again. Elves beats Reanimator.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Top16 pretty much proving my thought about if you aren't playing blue or elves you are doing it wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Top16 pretty much proving my thought about if you aren't playing blue or elves you are doing it wrong
    This isn't totally correct. UR Delver was easily one of the most popular decks today. That it got two slots isn't surprising. Elves also had a strong showing, and Death & Taxes just wasn't played. I think I saw one person all night with Taxes. Beyond that, it was just a bunch of standard blue stuff. It's fair to say that we've evolved into a format that is largely reliant on blue, but to effectively say that non-blue can't win is ignoring that we didn't actually try it.

That being said, and this is somewhat contrading considering what I just wrote, but I'm surprised Burn didn't make top eight or put more in the top sixteen. Anyone you talked to today had the same thing to say. Burn was fucking everywhere.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

More news at 11.

I totally expect GP New Jersey to have 1-2 Elves decks and the rest blue Brainstorm decks in the Top 8. #formatdiversity

This isn't totally correct. UR Delver was easily one of the most popular decks today. That it got two slots isn't surprising. Elves also had a strong showing, and Death & Taxes just wasn't played. I think I saw one person all night with Taxes. Beyond that, it was just a bunch of standard blue stuff. It's fair to say that we've evolved into a format that is largely reliant on blue, but to effectively say that non-blue can't win is ignoring that we didn't actually try it.

That being said, and this is somewhat contrading considering what I just wrote, but I'm surprised Burn didn't make top eight or put more in the top sixteen. Anyone you talked to today had the same thing to say. Burn was fucking everywhere.
    Burn placed at #9.

D&T still does extremely poor vs Elves, and it having a strong showing is bad news for the D&T player. And sometimes, your deck just decides to shit itself, simply because you don't run blue card filtering. You need to be lucky in both draws and match-ups to do well in big tournaments. It can do well, but there's alot of chance involved. That's why it's on & off in the DTB section.

And God my help us once the rest of the meta catches on Treasure Cruise's power.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Or it just shows that everyone is basically in agreement that attempting to out attrition a blue deck that gets 3-4 ancestral plus brainstorm is basically a losing proposition
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Cavern on Soldier
    Nov 2013
    Woodstock, Georgia, America

It looked miserable. Maybe its time for U/W GeddonCruise.
    Soldier Stompy

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Isn't the reward for an IQ the right to play standard? I'd rather get rickets.

I get the feeling Wizards is going to do something about Treasure Cruise.

So you've called off the Burnpocalypse countdown?

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Don't you know that colour diversity doesn't matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    Don't you know that colour diversity doesn't matter?

yes, it does not

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Hustle View Post
    I get the feeling Wizards is going to do something about Treasure Cruise.
    Why? Brainstorm still outpaces it as the more powerful and ubiquitous card. It's been at 80% penetration for years and they didn't care. Somebody cheated on camera with it at the Legacy GP. It's power level is magnitudes higher then some of the stuff on the banned list. Why would they ban the less powerful blue card?

Thread Information