Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Report] 13th/173@BoM (~PTQ) Qualifier w/ Manaless

Re: [Report] 13th/173@BoM (~PTQ) Qualifier w/ Manaless

There's actually a tired discussion relating to this choice previously in the Manaless thread. I prefer Leyline of Sanctity for several key reasons, notably that it punishes targeted discard, hate, burn and combo cards. It isn't openly susceptible to discard like Trap is and forces the combo player to win by having to bypass the Leyline and playing right into a hard counter to clean them out.

Leyline is also more versatile as I mentioned against hate like Bog, and even now with the resurgence of Painter it causes headaches.

Nov 2010
    easton

I was wondering how you sideboarded? As a LED dredge player for many years I have never been convinced of the manaless version but this looks to good to pass up. Would really be interested in your sideboarding choices against the matchups to help me in my own testing, THANKS!!!!

Mar 2006
    Amsterdam

Nice take on the deck, it looks very solid.
    I have two questions, first of all how do you mulligan. Taking a mulligan basically sets you back a turn, do you ever take mulligans and what are your considerations doing so?
    The second is pertaining to your boarding strategy as well. From the report and logic I am able to deduce some of the considerations, but I can't figure out when Contagion comes in. Is it for Deathrite Shaman?

Thanks for taking the time to write this up, very insightful.
    Team R&D

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Nice take on the deck, it looks very solid.
    I have two questions, first of all how do you mulligan. Taking a mulligan basically sets you back a turn, do you ever take mulligans and what are your considerations doing so?
    You really don't mulligan with this iteration of Dredge. I mean, theoretically you could, but setting yourself back a turn sometimes isn't worth it unless your hand has four Narcomoebas and three Dread Returns.

The second is pertaining to your boarding strategy as well. From the report and logic I am able to deduce some of the considerations, but I can't figure out when Contagion comes in. Is it for Deathrite Shaman?
    Contagion usually comes in against fast aggro and combo-oriented aggro like Elves and the like. You could bring it in against DRS-based decks, but ultimately it's just not worth it if you're playing against something like BUG. Usually Phantasmagorian and Street Wraith are enough to beat that guy from keeping you from getting ahead.

Mar 2006
    Amsterdam

Thanks a lot! Any chance of a more detailed sideboard guide against the common decks?
    Team R&D

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Thanks a lot! Any chance of a more detailed sideboard guide against the common decks?
    Get ready for a brand new version in less than two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Keller View Post
    Get ready for a brand new version in less than two weeks.
    I am excited to see it!
    DDD / Death & Taxes

Quote Originally Posted by easysantiago View Post
    I am excited to see it!
    I can't guarantee it will be better than this iteration of the deck, but from a dynamic standpoint it will be quite different and have distinct characteristics different than any version of Dredge seen in a long time.

Thread Information