Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Report] 13th/173@BoM (~PTQ) Qualifier w/ Manaless

[Report] 13th/173@BoM (~PTQ) Qualifier w/ Manaless

"Disrupting the Peace: 13th @ Tales of Adventure's Bazaar of Moxen Qualifier"

With Manaless Dredge

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Story

They said it couldn't be done, ever.

No, not in a format with Deathrite Shaman, Grafdigger's Cage and Rest in Peace. Manaless Dredge as we knew it from a 2011-12 perspective was left dead in the water by newer decks that had adapted themselves to battle through post-board games with relative ease. We sat and watched for over a year as cards such as the aforementioned made their way into the sideboards of some of the most prolific decks in the format to the point where it became almost invaluable to not only win game one, but to seriously bank on opening with some combination of anti-hate or seriously risk putting yourself in a situation where defeat is all but a formality. Dryad Arbors and fetches at one point were the old gears that helped give the deck a fighting chance against most forms of hate. But after a 2013 that saw a fewer than normal share of zombies, the undead forces of Manaless Dredge were cast back into the darkness by opponents and forgotten about...

...only until now.

Recently in the Manaless Dredge forum, there were several ideas floating around that involved completely changing the dynamic of the deck and how it plays out in pre and post-board games. Given that Deathrite Shaman is a commonplace game one factor with Rest in Peace and Grafdigger's Cage being the other team that sees most play these days, the idea came to fruition that instead of battling this hate after it hit play, we would defeat it before it hit play. In doing so, the cards that quickly got stirred in the mix were none other than Force of Will and Disrupting Shoal, two cards that could be cast for free in order to stop graveyard hate right in its tracks. Conveniently enough, these cards also have a much wider application, which is why they were considered as major contenders.

The Deck

After multiple iterations and various trials and errors, the list I finally settled on to play at the Legacy Bazaar of Moxen Qualifier (a near PTQ-calibur event) at Tales of Adventure in Coopersburg, PA turned out to be quite consistent and frighteningly on target in knocking out varied types of hate.

For reference, here is the final list I ran:

Manaless Dredge
    by Hollywood

[4x] Golgari Grave-Troll
    [4x] Stinkweed Imp
    [4x] Golgari Thug
    [4x] Ichorid
    [4x] Nether Shadow
    [4x] Narcomoeba
    [4x] Bridge from Below
    [4x] Cabal Therapy
    [4x] Dread Return
    [4x] Phantasmagorian
    [4x] Street Wraith
    [4x] Gitaxian Probe
    [3x] Force of Will
    [3x] Shambling Shell
    [3x] Whirlpool Rider
    [2x] Faerie Macabre
    [1x] Flayer of the Hatebound

//Sideboard
    [4x] Disrupting Shoal
    [4x] Leyline of Sanctity
    [4x] Contagion
    [2x] Faerie Macabre
    [1x] Force of Will

(You read that correctly: Whirlpool Rider; full credit to slave.)

This was a deck over a year in the making. Whirlpool Rider's inclusion as a one-sided Winds of Change wasn't the only reason it founds its way into the list. It can be exiled to both Force of Shoal to counter a spell, and conveniently has a CMC of two to ensure a card like Rest in Peace never hits the table. I didn't want to run the full suite of Forces main because of an overcommitment to main-deck blue spells, so I wound up leaving one in the sideboard and substituted in two Faerie Macabres main to give myself game against graveyard-based strategies game one that could help shore up potentially hazardous situations. I went with a pair knowing they weren't always dead (with Shadow and Ichorid), and had enough utility to be an excellent open-handed surprise that could unknowingly blow opponents out.

The Tournament

My wife and I had gone down to Pennsylvania the night before with my daughter to stay with family in the area, as I had already planned the trip in advance. Knowing I had a reasonably short drive in the morning felt great, to be perfectly honest. I arrived at the tournament hall and meet up with some friends from Syracuse and Binghamton, NY. The tournament was well-organized and staffed, which was a nice bonus. During the player meeting, it is said that there were a total of 173 players for this event - good enough for eight rounds of action. We turn in our lists and wish each other luck as the first-round pairings are announced. I'm pumped and ready to go knowing full well what my deck was capable of.

And boy, did it deliver.

(*Note: I can't remember what I sided in and out of every match-up; I can go into greater detail later but for now I'll give you guys what I've got.)

Round One versus Abhishek Choudhurt with EsperBlade

Abhishek was a relatively new player to Legacy, as I could tell not only by him telling me so, but more based on his age. He appeared to be a younger guy, but I wasn't cutting him any slack in this round at all. I win the roll and proceed to put him on the play, which baffles him a bit. We start the game off trading punches back and forth. He led off with a Thoughtseize and took my Street Wraith. He attempted a Stoneforge Mystic, which ate a Force of Will turn three, after I discarded at the end of my last turn. I can't really hit any more gas and he eventually wound up in a situation where TNN and a Jitte are doing work knocking off my guys one at a time, but not before he was killing his own creatures to ensure I received no tokens.

Smart play.

I eventually keep bringing back a lot of gas in Ichorids and Nether Shadows, but it wound up being too little, too late as he is able to kill me with mini-Prog and some equipment to boot. The death blow here I think was in the form of a Batterskull-equipped 'Souls token.

Game two was a much different affair. He mulligans to five and couldn't keep up with my mass of threats. He tried Surgical Extracting my Bridges, and I Shoaled it (pitching Probe), which completely puts him on tilt. From there it was an elementary victory after I beat him down and combo out with Rider into Flayer into Troll.

In game three, we wind up in a situation where my opponent is trying to stabilize with a TNN and a Jitte again, but at this point it doesn't make a difference because I already have plenty of gas on tap to destroy him with. He actually uses the Jitte to knock off the TNN, which in turn knocks out my Bridges. I Therapy him from the line of play and name TNN, which gets binned as the other two out of three cards in his hand were lands. From there I just attack him out and I'm able to attack him for six while he's at thirteen (putting him to seven), bring Flayer in (putting him to three) and Therapy the Flayer->Undying trigger dealing five to him (putting him at negative two). He has a single counter on the Jitte, but zero life is still zero life.

This kid played well the whole day and I wished him luck the rest of the way.

1-0, 2-1-0

Round Two versus Michael Derczo with Death and Taxes

I meet up with Mike and we chat for a bit about where we're from and such. Mike's a cool guy, so I know we'll have some fun. I win the roll again and put him on the play, and he has a sneaking suspicion as to what is going on. After he drops a turn-one Vial off a non-white source, I drop Phantasmagorian. I then Force his Stoneforge Mystic, and the perplexed look on his face was priceless. I proceed to go nuts during his end of turn and on my second turn. I cycle a Street Wraith and bring back multiple Horrors and Spirits and he is incapable of battling against them. I also at one point Gitaxian Probe him, digging deeper. Whirlpool Rider into Flayer into Troll (for >thirty) seals the deal in this one.

I could have saved my Force for Thalia, but I knew given my hand and the amount of cards I was going to see that even if he did have one I was going to strip his hand with multiple Therapies. He never had it and it didn't matter.

In game two, the Shoals and Forces were the rock stars that were meant to shine. I open with a solid hand able to Shoal and Force with blue cards. One turn three, with a reasonably-sized graveyard and some zombies creeping around the battlefield, my opponent decides to try and force me into resting in peace.

Turns out, the Peace was to be Disrupted. Therefore, I would not rest - not until after I won this game. I Flayer->Troll him for arbitrary (I think it was around thirty). Mike compliments me on the play and says in no way, shape or form did he ever see that coming.

The best way to fight hate is to beat it before it hits play, period.

2-0, 4-1-0

Round Three versus Jake Mondello with BUG/w

I've met Jake a few times before, but I don't think we've ever played against each other. At any rate, he came ready to roll and so did I. Speaking of rolls, I won this one again and put him on the play. He knew what I was on and it wasn't long before the jog was up. I had a modest opening hand with Street Wraith action, but he wound up having the Thoughtseize to take it away. From there I was able to partially stabilize after a few turns, but double Deathrite Shaman was just a little too much for my hand at that point. He wound up mimicking my round one opponent by forcing me to succumb to TNN and Jitte.

Game two I was going to stay with the Force plan, but I also was going with Leyline of Sanctity in the event he was going with Nihil Spellbombs. I wanted to test it and see how it worked, but it didn't matter. My opening hand was rather meh and I decided to keep. In doing so, Jake was able to take advantage of the start by dropping some gas and finishing the match with triple Deathrite Shaman.

I wish Jake the best for the rest of the event, but I was far from finished. My day was only getting started.

2-1, 4-3-0

Round Four versus Anthony Miller with Modified ANT

Anthony is a fun guy and seems to be having a good time at the event. We chat up for a while and start it off. He wins the roll and elects to play - no surprise there. We exchange Gitaxian Probes and he sees what he's in for. I also see what I'm in for, because I'm seeing LED, Rituals and...Lightning Bolt(!) At any rate, Anthony tried going for the win via Tendrils, but he's only able to do it for 18. I explode out of the gates and rip his hand apart, but he had Pondered the turn he went off - noticeably hiding something interesting on top of his deck. I tore the Bolt out of his hand, as he didn't have the mana to use it prior, so I was kind of scared if he had actually kept the Bolt on top of his deck. I just didn't have enough to kill him that turn as Whirlpool Rider dug me almost forty cards deep into my library - without me seeing the Flayer. Unfortunately at two life I pass the turn and sure enough the Storm combo player has a Lightning Bolt on top of his deck.

I guess if it works it works.

Game two the Leylines and Shoals come in. My opponent decides to mulligan down to five cards and his opening hand wasn't overly spectacular. I didn't open with a Leyline, but Force of Will was there. Sure enough, with enough gas to do lots of damage to him, he tries to find a way to get that Infernal Tutor out big time, but he eats a Force of Will and the game is over in short order.

So onto the third and deciding game, I'm feeling great about my game. This is the turning point of my whole tournament - this one game. My opening hand is spectacular: a Leyline of Sanctity, Force with blue card and a Shoal with a blue card. I'm fairly confident I have this game locked up, so much as I play meticulously and not give a chance to get out of this. After a few turns of durdling and me makes a few zombies, my opponent decides to try and go for it. As far as I'm concerned, his only out is an in-hand Empty the Warrens.

He reaches a point where he plays a Cabal Ritual, which leaves him with one black mana and one red mana available. I think about it for a little bit, and let it resolve. I honestly don't think the guy's got the Empty in his hand. Sure enough, he casts a few other spells to beef up his Storm count and casts his one-of Empty the Warrens, which is good enough to win him the game. I feel a little dejected about this knowing full-well I was in control of the match from the start, but I think I played a little too loose here and gave him the out he needed in order to win the match. With double counter in hand, I could have locked this up, but I figured I would counter his tutor(s) in the event he tried playing two to win the game.

Under most circumstances, I would normally counter that spell. I let it slip and gave him the only out he had to win the game. Considering how close I was to winning the first game and letting this one go, I was a little upset.

Happens, I guess. I wish him luck the rest of the way.

2-2, 5-5-0

Round Five versus Sam Roukas with BUG

Sam and I are old Jupiter regulars, although I don't think we've ever played against each other before. He knows what I'm on and I think I know what he's on. Anyway, I'm rejuvenated and feeling prepared to run the table the rest of the way to a big finish. I get the fastest win of the tournament after Sam mulligans to three without wanting to divulge any information and concedes.

Not knowing really what to bring in for the second game, I just play it straight and keep what I've got. Sam keeps his hand and I do the same. At one point he has triple Deathrite Shaman on board and no mana open, daring me to win the game.

I gladly accept.

I discard three cards to a Phantasmagorian. Still at the end of his turn, I cycle a Street Wraith which gets me two Narcomoebas and other gas. At the beginning of my upkeep, Nether Shadows and an Ichorid enter the battlefield. I dredge big into a Dread Return and Whirlpool Rider - good enough to blow the game wide open. A preemptive Therapy knocked a Force out of his hand for protection, but he didn't even have the blue card to go with it.

I win with Flayer into Troll and there's nothing he can do but stare in agony.

3-2, 7-5-0

Round Six versus Paul Lynch with Reanimator

Going back to my Virginia days, Paul and I were regulars on the local Open Series events and other events in the same area. Paul and I have an epic game one in the works. Paul does not have the turn one Entomb, which gives me a few turns to do what I need to do. I am fully able to eventually Dread Return a Whirlpool Rider into play and shuffle six cards back into my deck, which in turn was almost as close to Griselbrand as you can get. After gumming up the board huge, I still can't find the Flayer. I am, however, able to bring a 35/35 and 34/34 pair of Trolls into play, respectively. Paul has a Griselbrand in the play the next turn and also get Elesh Norn (albeit late to the party). This was where I really felt comfortable game one with the two Faeries, even though they never came to fruition.

With three cards left in my deck, I take my draw for the turn (only card in hand) and attack Paul who blocks the massive Trolls with his Norn and Griselbrand. Paul takes his turn and casts Show and Tell, to which I gladly dump my Flayer into play against his Empyrial Archangel. The damage the following turn was way too much for him to handle, and he winds up taking northwards of ninety damage from an all-out assault.

Game two was much shorter, but still just as epic. I bring the other pair of Faeries into the mix and open with a solid hand of double-Street Wraith and dredgers, in addition to Force and blue card. Paul plays Careful Study and bins Griselbrand and Iona. I take my turn and discard a Troll. He then tries to go for Reanimate. I cast Force of Will, pitching Narcomoeba. He then Forces back. Street Wraith proves its alternate worth by allowing me to cycle directly into a Faerie Macabre and blow him out by exiling both of his creatures.

With the other Street Wraith I am able to go crazy by destroying him in a few turns with Rider into Flayer into Troll.

4-2, 9-5-0

Round Seven versus William Parshall with TNN Patriot

So, after reeling off a few big wins, I greet William and we're ready for battle. I win the roll and confuse him by putting him on the play. He is fine with that, and so am I. He starts the game off with a Ponder off of a Tundra, and I smile a bit inside. I have a Force of Will in hand with a blue card, and after discarding a Phantasmagorian for the turn I am able to open the game up by getting some gas going with Ichorids to the dome. On his second turn, he tried a Stoneforge Mystic, which walks right into a Force of Will. William has a look of disbelief on his face, as he was clearly bent on resolving the Squire. I Therapy him the following turn and see nothing but lands and a Swords to Plowshares, which gets binned almost immediately. I attack him out and there's nothing he could do from there.

In the second game, my opponent has a nifty opening hand on a mull to six, but what he doesn't realize is that my opening hand won't allow it. He plays a land and passes the turn, to which I discard a dredger. The following turn, he tries slamming a Rest in Peace. That wasn't happening. I cast a Disrupting Shoal pitching a Narcomoeba and send it packing. I then dredge the following turn and get a Narcomoeba. I also had an Ichorid and Shadow, and with a Phantasmagorian I was ready to setup the Dread Return (from my hand) the following turn if I hit a Rider. William untaps and casts a Ponder. He stacks his three cards, draws and plays a Grafdigger's Cage. I cast Force of Will pitching Force of Will, and it hits the bin. I dump some cards, recur my threats and on the six dredge from a Troll hit a Whirlpool Rider for I believe three. It was solid enough to amass an army and from there I just blew the game out.

The folks next to me are paying more attention to my match than their own, which was comical because they noticed my young graveyard at one point painted with nothing but blue cards.

5-2, 11-5-0

Round Eight versus Justin Bova with Sneak and Show

Having played Sneak and Show for a while, I know exactly what to expect here. My opponent wins the roll and elects to play first. He opens with a Probe and sees my hand, which has a Street Wraith, some undead threats and dredgers. He plays a Volc and passes. I take my draw for the turn and it's another Street Wraith. I bin a Phantasmagorian. He plays a fetch and double cantrips during his turn. At the end of his turn I put 50% of my deck into my graveyard, untap, summon forth the Horrors and Spirits from the grave and rip his hand apart. I then Dread Return a Rider and finish him off in short order.

Game two was interesting because I was fully expecting the Cages to come at me. I bring in the Forces and Shoals to fight the hate. We go for a few turns and my opponent couldn't get anything really going except for some cantrips. I am able to recur Ichorids and Nether Shadows and beat him down for a few turns, making zombies in the process. He then tries to land the expected Cage, which eats a Shoal pitching Probe. He lands a Sneak Attack with a fetch open, and passes the turn(!) I'm trying to figure out what's going on here, and he just looks dejected knowing that he has nothing to dump in play (either the world's best bluffer or totally sincere). I am able to verify he has nothing with Therapy and proceed to finish him off with Whirlpool Rider diving deep to find Flayer to dome him for a ton.

He just couldn't find his hate and I am able to run the table without a loss since round four - winning eight straight games.

6-2, 13-5-0

It became clear after the tournament was over that I knew this archetype had changed greatly. No longer are the days where we have to fear cards like Rest in Peace or Grafdigger's Cage resolving and finding answers to them once they hit play. The predominant evolution of this archetype is at hand, and at the very forefront are Force of Will and Disrupting Shoal. Whirlpool Rider earns his keep as a clutch pitch card to both spells and does his own Griselbrand impersonation extremely well.

I honestly wouldn't make a single change to the deck at all. I like the two Faerie, three Force configuration; it doesn't force the deck to be overly reliant on a heavier blue count game one and gives the deck a reasonable fight against graveyard-based strategies. You could if you wanted to run a set of Force, but that's entirely subjective. I was very happy with the list, and it will likely be my go to in every tournament for the foreseeable future.

In the end I wound up taking 13th out of 173rd and good enough for a Badlands in the process. Navigating this deck through a field of Reanimator, Shamans, Rest in Peaces, Surgical Extractions and Grafdigger's Cages wasn't going to be easy, and clearly it wasn't. But it was those cards that gave the deck a tremendous boost in this tournament, which was on display all day. Tales of Adventure ran a great tournament here - I was thoroughly impressed. A great many props to everyone who placed, and especially to the folks who dedicate their time to bettering the archetype.

I look forward to continue dredging.

There will be no more Resting in Peace...no more.
    Last edited by Michael Keller; 02-25-2014 at 12:21 AM.

Rawr
    Feb 2009
    Ecuador

Re: [Report] 13th/173@BoM (~PTQ) Qualifier w/ Manaless

Nice report, but sad not to see more tombstone pile driver gifs.

Apr 2008
    Storrs Mansfield, Connecticut

Nice report and nice to meet up again. :D

Psycho Crusher
    Jan 2010
    The 'Jing

This is awesome. I wish I was there to witness the tech.

Might have to try this. Great writeup.
    A book about the dark side of Legacy: "Magic: The Addiction" // Conversations with Magic players: "Humans of Magic"

We are lost. We can never go home.
    May 2011
    Noricum

I didn't catch the process of building this menace in your thread, but it looks terrific!

Congratz on the result, and keep teching!

I really might have to try this some day :D

Greetings
    My articles here, here, here and here | My current list | Follow me on Twitter | Questions I answered.

You correctly gave credit to slave for Whirlpool Rider, so i think you can give credit to This guy (Thrasher here on The Source) who is the "inventor" of the Force of Will/Disrupting Shoal package, and the first to top8 at a big tournament (2/110) with it, to each his own i think.

Congratulations for the report and the finish, i really hope this version spread out more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjer View Post
    I didn't catch the process of building this menace in your thread, but it looks terrific!

Congratz on the result, and keep teching!

I really might have to try this some day :D

Greetings

Phil i ll take it for yoy fir the next gp ahah
    Nice report hollywood

Quote Originally Posted by Barsoom View Post
    You correctly gave credit to slave for Whirlpool Rider, so i think you can give credit to This guy (Thrasher here on The Source) who is the "inventor" of the Force of Will/Disrupting Shoal package, and the first to top8 at a big tournament (2/110) with it, to each his own i think.

Congratulations for the report and the finish, i really hope this version spread out more and more.
    I give credit to all of you in that forum for working hard and dedicating yourselves to bettering the archetype.

Thanks!

Legacy Vagabond
    Dec 2007
    Cheshire, CT

Great read. I look up to you as a deck innovator and I'm always in awe of how you never give up on updating Manaless Dredge to compete with the metagame. I try my best to copy your tenacity in updating Affinity. I would kill to have even half the level of participation in the Manaless Dredge thread in the Affinity thread. Please play master Affinity if you ever want to take a break from Manaless Dredge lol.

Now I'm looking forward to reading the updated primer! Go Hollywood!

Thank you or the repor me to been charmed with reading you, congratulations for the result

Quote Originally Posted by Shawon View Post
    Great read. I look up to you as a deck innovator and I'm always in awe of how you never give up on updating Manaless Dredge to compete with the metagame. I try my best to copy your tenacity in updating Affinity. I would kill to have even half the level of participation in the Manaless Dredge thread in the Affinity thread. Please play master Affinity if you ever want to take a break from Manaless Dredge lol.

Now I'm looking forward to reading the updated primer! Go Hollywood!
    Thank you, much appreciated.

It's definitely hard shaping a deck to suit a certain meta, but I can tell you from experience that this is the version going forward anyone looking to seriously play the deck should be going with.

Mar 2012
    Chicago

This is really fantastic. The list reminds me of something I saw Tommy Kolowith playing a few years back, but he was packing lands and Brainstorms (which seemed pretty disgusting at the time).
    Legacy: ANT
    Modern: Scapewish
    Standard: Devotion

Quote Originally Posted by gregtron View Post
    This is really fantastic. The list reminds me of something I saw Tommy Kolowith playing a few years back, but he was packing lands and Brainstorms (which seemed pretty disgusting at the time).
    Honestly, the idea of counterspells in Manaless Dredge is not original; it has actually existed for some time. If you do some digging, you'll see it has been mulled over here and there over the years. Right now people are beginning to understand how good this package really is not only because of how it stops hate from resolving, but for its wider application in the general meta. Force of Will is Force of Will and counters a spell - that's never changed. This gives the deck a serious boost in game ones against fast combo, or just as a hard-counter in general.

Just a thought, would any of the other whirlpool cards:
    (Sorry I don't know how to bluetext cards)
    http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Ca...verseid=271165 Whirlpool Warrior
    http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Ca...iverseid=27671 Whirlpool Drake
    Fit better? Drake could potentially give you even more draws with cabal therapy, although it could also be dangerous if you're trying to hold a force, but you should probably be winning by then.
    The warrior has 1 more P/T, which could be relevant but not significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Just a thought, would any of the other whirlpool cards:
    (Sorry I don't know how to bluetext cards)
    http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Ca...verseid=271165 Whirlpool Warrior
    http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Ca...iverseid=27671 Whirlpool Drake
    Fit better? Drake could potentially give you even more draws with cabal therapy, although it could also be dangerous if you're trying to hold a force, but you should probably be winning by then.
    The warrior has 1 more P/T, which could be relevant but not significantly.
    The converted mana cost of Whirlpool Rider is the big factor. It's able to be pitched to Shoal to counter Rest in Peace.

By the end of the report, I realized I was clapping. Nice job!
    Currently playing:

Affinity
    Working on something else...

Cavern on Soldier
    Nov 2013
    Woodstock, Georgia, America

Hey, I loved the report and I loved the list, So much so I went and got all the cards for it and plan on playing it at my local Wednesday Legacy night next week. I have not had a chance to view the Manaless Dredge thread but are there any changes you would add to the deck? Only thing I am missing are some sweet Zombie tokens. If I feel comfortable enough with the deck I plan on taking it to GPNJ assuming I can afford to go this year!
    Soldier Stompy

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Isn't the reward for an IQ the right to play standard? I'd rather get rickets.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Hey, I loved the report and I loved the list, So much so I went and got all the cards for it and plan on playing it at my local Wednesday Legacy night next week. I have not had a chance to view the Manaless Dredge thread but are there any changes you would add to the deck? Only thing I am missing are some sweet Zombie tokens. If I feel comfortable enough with the deck I plan on taking it to GPNJ assuming I can afford to go this year!
    Might have a Russian Zombie or two still lying around... ALso I'll be packing 4 Leyline ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Cavern on Soldier
    Nov 2013
    Woodstock, Georgia, America

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Might have a Russian Zombie or two still lying around... ALso I'll be packing 4 Leyline ;)
    Go away, I will just play Belcher instead...
    Soldier Stompy

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Isn't the reward for an IQ the right to play standard? I'd rather get rickets.

Dec 2010
    Beijing/Shenzhen

Hollywood, I am very interested in your list and I just found my whirlpool rider and sleeved them up! The only question I have is whether mindbreak trap is better than leyline, you can pitch it to fow and you cannot discard your dredger on turn one when you have leyline in your opening hand(maybe I am wrong here?).
    Team Blood, Beijing.
    Currently play: Sneaky Show/ Lands

Thread Information