Thread: Heart of the Storm #6 - New Frontiers

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Legacy Vagabond
    Dec 2007
    Cheshire, CT

Re: Heart of the Storm #6 - New Frontiers

Kudos on the publication! Your writing hasn't lost my focus, so you're doing something right!

Are the rumors true that you will feature on a future EE podcast?

Mar 2012
    Chicago

This is an awesome writeup. I'm sure you hear this from Americans all the time, but your written English is excellent; if not for a couple weird Englishisms that you goofed slightly, I'd assume you were a flag-waving, eagle-riding yankee. :)

Also, loved the part in round 3 game 1 where you almost miss the easy Tendrils line because you're worried about how many goblins you can empty out of the warrens. I do that all the time, only the opposite; I'll be staring at my hand for eons trying to squeeze out one more storm count so I can Tendrils for exacties, completely ignoring the fact that BW is in my ANT build just for that type of situation.

Cheers, friend. Glad to see you still writing these.

Site Contributor

Sep 2013
    DFW

Thanks for the great report. As someone who is learning to play TES (been playing ANT), I appreciate the details and discussion of multiple potential lines of play, and why you ultimately decided on the plays you made.
    Currently Playing
    Legacy: ANT

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    Only one AdNaus deck in the top 16 this week?

THANKS OBAMA.

Lem,

Awesome write-up as usual. I see you don't do any SBing against Death and Taxes, presumably with the thought of using Silence to 'timewalk' if needed. I feel with a resolved Vial this doesn't always work, I myself would probably bring in the Chain, Thoughtseize and maybe the Tropical here.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by davelin View Post
    Lem,

Awesome write-up as usual. I see you don't do any SBing against Death and Taxes, presumably with the thought of using Silence to 'timewalk' if needed. I feel with a resolved Vial this doesn't always work, I myself would probably bring in the Chain, Thoughtseize and maybe the Tropical here.
    Yes, idea was to Silence-Walk non-Vial openers as their turn 2 is critical and I often failed being able to answer a resolved hatebear due to Mother of runes or them adding up, so my attitude here was to explode in their face with a solid 7 or 6 rather than planning for the mid-game I rarely can win with all their mana denial ... worked out a bit too good for my taste. Tropical instead of a Silence is an option to consider. I'll keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by afb0032 View Post
    Thanks for the great report. As someone who is learning to play TES (been playing ANT), I appreciate the details and discussion of multiple potential lines of play, and why you ultimately decided on the plays you made.
    Going into Detail is the special Feature of the Series. Glad you enjoyed it :)

Quote Originally Posted by gregtron View Post
    This is an awesome writeup. I'm sure you hear this from Americans all the time, but your written English is excellent; if not for a couple weird Englishisms that you goofed slightly, I'd assume you were a flag-waving, eagle-riding yankee. :)

Also, loved the part in round 3 game 1 where you almost miss the easy Tendrils line because you're worried about how many goblins you can empty out of the warrens. I do that all the time, only the opposite; I'll be staring at my hand for eons trying to squeeze out one more storm count so I can Tendrils for exacties, completely ignoring the fact that BW is in my ANT build just for that type of situation.

Cheers, friend. Glad to see you still writing these.
    Would be glad, if you could Highlight the goofed parts, so I can avoid those in the future. I usually try to keep the writing fresh and "colored", but tend to go over the top with that stuff or translate some german sayings that end up making no sense in english lol. I beg to pardon here.

I'm part of the crowd that usually underestimated how fast stormcount adds up and usually take EtW into consideration first :)
    Last edited by Lemnear; 02-09-2014 at 05:02 AM.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Shawon View Post
    Kudos on the publication! Your writing hasn't lost my focus, so you're doing something right!

Are the rumors true that you will feature on a future EE podcast?
    You can thank yourself; without the support of my friends and the Community there would be no HotS Series and would never made it to a bigger platform.

The thing about the Podcast is NOT a rumor. Matt invited me for an Episode of Everyday Eternal, but we have not found a date/time which works for Sean and Sam as well, as I'm usually working 6-7 days a week and have to plan accordingly.

Join us at Facebook!

Whats left to say? As sweet as expected. Definitively worth the wait and congratulation for the publishing on EC. Can't wait for your podcast with the rest !

Well written Peter :-)
    Just incredible how you win all the tournaments,should convince many guys to try out TES.

- Team RUG-STAR Berlin -

Thread Information