Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GP Paris : 2nd with UWR Miracles

Re: GP Paris : 2nd with UWR Miracles

Probably it was not the good orders the cards were played :D

I haven't taken any notes during this GP, But I remember loosing only with a land on table and I had played a swords to plowshares

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by Jitse View Post
    Read, I wasn't talking about xantid swarm but about the token from swan song and that is in fact blue.
    True, lost in traslation.

Serguei, with the red blasts in the main have you considered moving the basic mountain there as well?

Or is it not such a big issue to fetch for volcanic early against delver decks with wastelands (i.e. all of them)?

Quote Originally Posted by Kobal View Post
    Serguei, with the red blasts in the main have you considered moving the basic mountain there as well?

Or is it not such a big issue to fetch for volcanic early against delver decks with wastelands (i.e. all of them)?

You have enough lands and fetchlands in your deck that you can usually afford to fetch for the volcanic the turn you play your REB, and only when you want to play a REB you fetch for a volcanic which means that they can only waste your red after you have at least played 1 of your REB, so they can only shut down 1 by wasting you (But you have a second volcanic), at least this is how I feel about it. I would just not search a volcanic unless you want to cast a REB that turn against delver decks.

Miracles is a deck which is build with a lot of basics. This is to be strong against tempo and denial decks. So I fetch a biland, only if I have no choice, for an example to play a REB; or if there is no other fecthable lands.

Two more questions in that vein, then.

1) You both say to only fetch for Volcanic when you need to cast REB. That sounds reasonable, but what if you do want to cast that REB early and you have a somehwat land light hand?

2) How does that approach get altered once you fave a deck with Stifle? Especially against RUG Delver it seems prudent to fetch when you can play around Stifle. On the other hand, a Stifle used on a fetchland is one that can not counter the Miracle-Trigger of terminus, so maybe it's a tossup.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobal View Post
    Two more questions in that vein, then.

1) You both say to only fetch for Volcanic when you need to cast REB. That sounds reasonable, but what if you do want to cast that REB early and you have a somehwat land light hand?

2) How does that approach get altered once you fave a deck with Stifle? Especially against RUG Delver it seems prudent to fetch when you can play around Stifle. On the other hand, a Stifle used on a fetchland is one that can not counter the Miracle-Trigger of terminus, so maybe it's a tossup.

1) it is the same if you have to fetch a tundra to play swords or terminus. If you have to play your reb, you just fetttch your volcanic to play it, otherwise patience is the fisrst rule cf Philipp's article http://www.eternalcentral.com/there-...-sideboarding/

2)Stiffle is a great card against us. It could cut a color or counter miracle triggers. Nevertheless, the true problem is when he got an early threat, If they do not have threats , you will just play your lands, tops, ponder, without fetching. And more lands you will jhave less the tempo players will play stiflle against your fetch. He wil target and wait miracles.

Even I know he plays some stiffles, I will always find first an island then a plain, even if i have reb in hand. With your 2 basic lands in play you can play your most revelant spells.

Thread Information