Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GP Paris : 2nd with UWR Miracles

GP Paris : 2nd with UWR Miracles

Re: GP Paris : 2nd with UWR Miracles

congratulation on your finish. That BUG final though..., sigh.

Clergyman of Cool
    Mar 2009
    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm

Well done, sir. I was amused when your opponent had to call a judge to verify that you maindecked REBs.

@ twndomn : yes it is sad but it is still a great performance :)

@lordofthepit : REBs surprised a lot of people, but yes it Was hilarious when he called the judge. I am the only one who scoop on each player and sideboard before the match ? :)

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

I does take some balls to play REB in maindeck, but I think they showed themselves to be very strong for you, well done!

It was a pleasure watching you (as well as Philip) play, as you both played fast-paced as well as very competent.
    Unfortunate in the finals.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013
    France

Also congratulations for the round 0 matchup who seemed really tough!

Quote Originally Posted by Quasim0ff View Post
    I does take some balls to play REB in maindeck, but I think they showed themselves to be very strong for you, well done!

It was a pleasure watching you (as well as Philip) play, as you both played fast-paced as well as very competent.
    Unfortunate in the finals.
    Playing REB in maindeck is bet. If you are attending a lot of junk and rogues decks (as there can be in a local tournament) I certainly won't play them.
    Nevertheless in a tournament as big as the gp was, you can expect that almost 70 % deck are blue. You'll always find something to counter in these match-ups.
    In the other 30% decks some point can be considered, to justify playing REB in maindeck is not a problem
    1. Against non blue deck, your brainstorm will always resolve, as your Sensei's Divining Top, so you can easily shuffle away your REBs in game one.
    2. Among these 30%, there are some Death and Taxes and Elves which are esay match-ups
    3. As high you go in the tables as less there is a chance you fight against rogue deck

@Monkey_Island : As I said it was the most difficult match of all ;)

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Serguei View Post
    Playing REB in maindeck is bet. If you are attending a lot of junk and rogues decks (as there can be in a local tournament) I certainly won't play them.
    Nevertheless in a tournament as big as the gp was, you can expect that almost 70 % deck are blue. You'll always find something to counter in these match-ups.
    In the other 30% decks some point can be considered, to justify playing REB in maindeck is not a problem
    1. Against non blue deck, your brainstorm will always resolve, as your Sensei's Divining Top, so you can easily shuffle away your REBs in game one.
    2. Among these 30%, there are some Death and Taxes and Elves which are esay match-ups
    3. As high you go in the tables as less there is a chance you fight against rogue deck

@Monkey_Island : As I said it was the most difficult match of all ;)
    I think you are correct, in the assesment that the larger the tournament, the more blue matchups you will face. Well done!

In Response...
    Feb 2014
    Halifax, Nova Scotia

Wow. I own most of this deck. I'm definitely thinking of Jamming this together for my local weekly (proxy allowed) legacy tournament =)

Thanks for the great article and congrats on your finish!
    They banned Top, so now I play Grixis Delver.

Getting people to call a judge to check your main deck because you had REB/Pyro was pretty hilarious.

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by DragoFireheart View Post
    Getting people to call a judge to check your main deck because you had REB/Pyro was pretty hilarious.
    I'm not sure if it's hillarious at all. Different people make all sorts of tricks and cheats and I can imagine the opponent thinking something like "ha, this person forget to de-sb, and now tries to pretend that the REB is part of md", and rather called a judge. Nothing wrong about it.
    When I maindecked Xantid Swarm in my VeterANT, I was the first one to look for the HJ and show him my deck before the tourney started.

Grats on a finish!

Congratulations on finish and thanks, I earned 85 euros yesterday by playing exactelly your list, and it was great. The REB main did a lot of stuff for me and when it was dead I could usually just shuffle it away with brainstorm. I would play a 4th jace main instead of a 3th entreat I think and a 2d pyroblast in the side instead of the swan song since in the matchups I boarded in swan song I boarded out all removal so the swan was actually a problem.

I think you should have won the tournament your final opponent cheated (I don't care if it's accidentally or not) in the quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by Jitse View Post
    Congratulations on finish and thanks, I earned 85 euros yesterday by playing exactelly your list, and it was great. The REB main did a lot of stuff for me and when it was dead I could usually just shuffle it away with brainstorm. I would play a 4th jace main instead of a 3th entreat I think and a 2d pyroblast in the side instead of the swan song since in the matchups I boarded in swan song I boarded out all removal so the swan was actually a problem.

I think you should have won the tournament your final opponent cheated (I don't care if it's accidentally or not) in the quarters.
    The list is strong that is a fact. When we look at the 3 miracles which made top 8 at this gp, only 3 cards change between the 3 decks in the main deck.

I put a swan song in the sideboard because I was afraid of sneak attack. As i did not run Spell Pierces in the main deck I had very few answers to that card. Giving him a 2/2 is not an huge risk because this deck has no other way to deal you damages (If you are hit by an emrakul or a griselbrand, I consider you loose this game ;) )
    It is almost the same thing for Storm but you keep your swords postboard (if it is critical)

The list is strong that is a fact. When we look at the 3 miracles which made top 8 at this gp, only 3 cards change between the 3 decks in the main deck.

I put a swan song in the sideboard because I was afraid of sneak attack. As i did not run Spell Pierces in the main deck I had very few answers to that card. Giving him a 2/2 is not an huge risk because this deck has no other way to deal you damages (If you are hit by an emrakul or a griselbrand, I consider you loose this game ;) )
    It is almost the same thing for Storm but you keep your swords postboard (if it is critical)
    list is really strong indeed, and I wouldn't keep in STP against storm, you can deal with the flier in enough ways the only thing is that they cost you a card. REB, Pyroblast, Jace -1 and Clique blocks all kill the flier so that was not the problem, I can understand the sneak attack issue but where I live (the Netherlands) almost nobody plays Sneak and Show, everybody that plays combo plays storm

If your only solution to a xanthid is jace -1 ability, you will loose this game each time he will have one.

Because he''ll kill you each time before T4 if all his spells can't be countered. Nevertheless, being fulltap at your turn 4 against storm is a little suicidal

If your only solution to a xanthid is jace -1 ability, you will loose this game each time he will have one.

Because he''ll kill you each time before T4 if all his spells can't be countered. Nevertheless, being fulltap at your turn 4 against storm is a little suicidal
    Against TES, I might rather keep in Terminus to deal with xantid swam then STP, if they are lickely to try to kill you with empty the warrens.

list is really strong indeed, and I wouldn't keep in STP against storm, you can deal with the flier in enough ways the only thing is that they cost you a card. REB, Pyroblast, Jace -1 and Clique blocks all kill the flier so that was not the problem, I can understand the sneak attack issue but where I live (the Netherlands) almost nobody plays Sneak and Show, everybody that plays combo plays storm
    That really depends. Regardless it's TES or ANT, you just have to look at Storm opponent's lands for clues. If he's running Tropical Island, it's no doubt Xantid, therefore StP has to stay in the deck. If he's running Tundra, then it's most likely Silence. In this case you need either more counters or Ethersworn Canonist.

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

REB, Pyroblast, Jace -1 and Clique blocks all kill the flier so that was not the problem
    Xantid Swarm is green.

Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    Xantid Swarm is green.
    Read, I wasn't talking about xantid swarm but about the token from swan song and that is in fact blue.

Nimble Mongoose
    Mar 2009

Congrats for the impressive run! :D

Still, during round 1 game 1, how could he reb your stp if he had to sac LED in order to activate grindstone? ^^

Thread Information