Thread: What deck do you reccomend for me?

What deck do you reccomend for me?

Hi, i would ask what deck should i play to beat a TarmoTwin - UWR Metagame, the price isnt a problem. The only thing is that i dont want to own Tarmos bcause in other formats i wont play tarmos ever so its the only con. Thank for your helping :)

Stackbuilder

Mar 2012

Re: What deck do you reccomend for me?

You could go for Tron. UW and GR have a decent MU against blue based control. Another possibility is Affinity, if you are good at it.
    Storm is okay too. You will win G1 and have a hard time G2/3, but Blood Moon and Defense Grid help.
    Blue Moon is obviously also good against 3-color decks.

Thanks, ive played storm for 4 months and im a bit tired of it, i dont like much affinity, i think i would test blue moon. Thank you very much ;)

Enviado desde mi Orange Daytona mediante Tapatalk

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Blue moon is surprisingly poor against tarmo-twin.

However, it just shits on UWR, as UWR's main win condition is celestial colonnade.

Win or lose, it begins with...
    Mar 2007
    Milwaukee, WI

To be fair, it isn't really Blue Moon as a whole, it's 99.9% the card Blood Moon. I mean, pretty much any deck that resolves Blood Moon against UWR Control will win unless the UWR Control lucksacks his way into all of his basics + his 1-2 SB Wear/Tear (that he may not have even boarded in).
    Discussing the impact of True-Name Nemesis on Legacy:

Quote Originally Posted by 2Rach View Post
    And format warping itself isn't necessarily a bad thing for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    To be fair, it isn't really Blue Moon as a whole, it's 99.9% the card Blood Moon. I mean, pretty much any deck that resolves Blood Moon against UWR Control will win unless the UWR Control lucksacks his way into all of his basics + his 1-2 SB Wear/Tear (that he may not have even boarded in).
    You'd be surprised how much work Spreading Seas does at keeping decks off of a certain color.
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle".
    - Albert Einstein

Mar 2007
    Milwaukee, WI

Quote Originally Posted by JPoJohnson View Post
    You'd be surprised how much work Spreading Seas does at keeping decks off of a certain color.
    Oh I know, we have a couple Merfolk players every week at FNM. Seas can definitely be annoying, but it is nowhere near as game-ending as a resolved Blood Moon against UWR Control.

And someting against tarmotwin?

Quote Originally Posted by iAdrii View Post
    And someting against tarmotwin?

Unfortunately I would probably say UWR Control.

Tarmo-Twin is a great aggro deck and combo deck. With it's two-pronged attack style it's hard to shut it down, simply control it as it's essentially Goodstuff.dec with an Oops I win combo in it.
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle".
    - Albert Einstein

Mar 2007
    Milwaukee, WI

UWR Control nuts all flavors of Twin pretty hard. BGx also nuts Twin pretty hard too, and goes about 40/60 against UWR Control now that DRS has been banned; I'd say that was more 50/50 with DRS around.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    UWR Control nuts all flavors of Twin pretty hard. BGx also nuts Twin pretty hard too, and goes about 40/60 against UWR Control now that DRS has been banned; I'd say that was more 50/50 with DRS around.
    I would say BGx nuts tempo twin decently so, but I would say all-in twin stomps all over it.
    - Albert Einstein

Stackbuilder

Mar 2012

All-in-Twin was 50:50 at best against Jund pre-ban. No nuts at all.

Thread Information