Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flipside Games Presents - KDM Duel for Duals! 40 Duals Guaranteed! May 3rd 2014

Jul 2007
    syracuse

Flipside Games Presents - KDM Duel for Duals! 40 Duals Guaranteed! May 3rd 2014

Tournament Details
    Format - Legacy
    Date- Saturday May 3rd, 2014
    Location- Knights of Columbus, 136 Park Ave, Binghamton, NY 13903. Call (607)222-2928 if you get lost or to inform us if you are running late.
    Entry - $35 at the door, $30 Pre-Reg, $5 additional discount for sharing our event on facebook. (More details can be found on our facebook event page)
    Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/KDM-T...3676677?ref=hl
    Prizes - 40 Duals Guaranteed! Additional Prizes For Attendance Over 150 Players (If anyone remembers my events they know I don't kid around with prize bumps, last time we threw in all 40 fetches...), if only 1 person shows up they get all 40 duals!
    Vending - Here's the best part. We will have 4 different vendors on site! Flipside Games as Co-Hosts will of course be one of the vendors. Mythic Games will have a booth. Ken Adams and his crew will have a table setup. Last but not least Terrance Calvin Hodges will also have a table. All of these dealers are buying and selling all event long. Feel free to bring collections or just a wad of cash and do tons of business with them.
    Structure - Swiss, Cut to top 8. Top 8 draft playsets of duals in the order they finished. 9th-16th Each get 1 of the remaining duals drafted in order of placement.
    Awesome Bonus's - There will be a cash bar on site, off-site food is welcome but we will also have food on site. We have modern masters draft side events, vintage unlimited proxy side events, win-a-boxes of every format (including EDH). We will be streaming live feature matches. We have the nice cushy chairs with good back support. We have clean non-wood 8' tables. We have enough gaming space for over 200 players, plenty of parking for everyone. A bar/restaurant across the street. Plenty of food delivery services that can come on site. If there are any big magic events elsewhere that are streaming we will try and play it on the projector for spectating.
    Bounties! - We are arranging for 2 Magic the Gathering Pro's to have bounties on their heads all tournament long. They are Gerrard Fabiano and Alex Bertoncini. Beat them in any round and get a bonus prize (TBA)!

Re: Flipside Games Presents - KDM Duel for Duals! 40 Duals Guaranteed! May 3rd 2014

U]Format [/U]- Legacy
    Date- Saturday May 3rd, 2014
    Location- Knights of Columbus, 136 Park Ave, Binghamton, NY 13903. Call (607)222-2928 if you get lost or to inform us if you are running late.
    Entry - $35 at the door, $30 Pre-Reg, $5 additional discount for sharing our event on facebook. (More details can be found on our facebook event page)
    Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/KDM-T...3676677?ref=hl
    Prizes - 40 Duals Guaranteed! Additional Prizes For Attendance Over 150 Players (If anyone remembers my events they know I don't kid around with prize bumps, last time we threw in all 40 fetches...), if only 1 person shows up they get all 40 duals!
    Vending - Here's the best part. We will have 4 different vendors on site! Flipside Games as Co-Hosts will of course be one of the vendors. Mythic Games will have a booth. Ken Adams and his crew will have a table setup. Last but not least Terrance Calvin Hodges will also have a table. All of these dealers are buying and selling all event long. Feel free to bring collections or just a wad of cash and do tons of business with them.
    Structure - Swiss, Cut to top 8. Top 8 draft playsets of duals in the order they finished. 9th-16th Each get 1 of the remaining duals drafted in order of placement.
    Awesome Bonus's - There will be a cash bar on site, off-site food is welcome but we will also have food on site. We have modern masters draft side events, vintage unlimited proxy side events, win-a-boxes of every format (including EDH). We will be streaming live feature matches. We have the nice cushy chairs with good back support. We have clean non-wood 8' tables. We have enough gaming space for over 200 players, plenty of parking for everyone. A bar/restaurant across the street. Plenty of food delivery services that can come on site. If there are any big magic events elsewhere that are streaming we will try and play it on the projector for spectating.
    Bounties! - We are arranging for 2 Magic the Gathering Pro's to have bounties on their heads all tournament long. They are Gerrard Fabiano and Alex Bertoncini. Beat them in any round and get a bonus prize (TBA)!
    Looks awesome.

Although, I think it's comical people would get a bounty for beating either of those two in a Legacy event. They get a prize just for sitting across from me.

(Playing the heel here, of course.)

Nov 2013
    Binghamton, NY

Re: Flipside Games Presents - KDM Duel for Duals! 40 Duals Guaranteed! May 3rd 2014

Prize is getting to play first vs. you, correct? :)

Quote Originally Posted by hanker307 View Post
    Prize is getting to play first vs. you, correct? :)
    You know what the beautiful thing is about that? Because I'm notoriously associated with that deck, I get put on the play more than you think by folks who win the die roll - even when I'm not playing it.

It's a beautiful thing to have mind-fucked people that much to leverage an advantage like that.

Everybody's a jerk! You, me..........this jerk.
    Jan 2006
    DuPont Circle

Is this the place from back in the olden days that has the really-cheap-drinks bar with the shuffleboard table upstairs?
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    Look, I will suck your dick. I will suck your fucking dick. I will do it, just join my team. I’ll suck your dick. You can fuck me or get fucked by me. You can watch me fuck something. Just point at something, I’ll fuck it for you. Just tell me what you want me to fuck!
    ~ Team Unicorn Motto

Jul 2007
    syracuse

Different place , very similar cheap drinks, nicer building, more space.

Jul 2007
    syracuse

Gerard Fabiano sealed the deal at Gp Montreal!

Jul 2007
    syracuse

Pre-registration links are now available through our Facebook events page. Link is above.

Jul 2007
    syracuse

Twitter link is now setup on Facebook event page!

Jul 2007
    syracuse

Pre-registration is lighting up, saving $5 and pre-reg soon!

Jul 2007
    syracuse

Dont forget to share our status on facebook and get a $5 dealer credit chip!

Jul 2007
    syracuse

Did we mention there's a cash bar in the adjacent room of this event? :)

Nov 2013
    Binghamton, NY

Nov 2013
    Binghamton, NY

Just an FYI - Bounties are still in place but our contenders have been updated. Currently on the docket are Mr. Eli Kassis himself (who doesn't love besting him?!) as well as rookie of the year candidate Jared Boettcher. We'll keep you updated as the date gets closer.

Jul 2007
    syracuse

You can tell I've been using Facebook too much when I was looking everywhere for the like button on your last comment Hank :)

Jun 2008
    Central NY

Hope y'all are ready to get crushed.

I am finally showing up to an event after a year long hiatus.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueMTG View Post
    Hope y'all are ready to get crushed.

I am finally showing up to an event after a year long hiatus.
    Not happening.

I'm not only winning this event, I will dream-crush at all costs.

Prepare for a savage beating.

Jul 2007
    syracuse

I do miss the trash talking in here, shame more people don't participate :)

Jun 2008
    Central NY

Quote Originally Posted by T-ORGANIZER View Post
    They're scared... and wimpy.

Quote Originally Posted by T-ORGANIZER View Post
    Where's your trash-talking then, Eli?

Thread Information