Page 141 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 2929

Thread: [Deck] Canadian Threshold (aka RUG Delver, Tempo Thresh)

Re: [Deck] Canadian Threshold (aka RUG Delver, Tempo Thresh)

6/24/19 Legacy 4-0 (top 8 wanted to split as it was late)

edit: forgot to add my list

Main:

4 Delver of Secrets
    4 Nimble Mongoose
    2 Tarmogoyf

2 Wrenn and Six

1 Sylvan Library

4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Lightning Bolt
    1 Forked Bolt
    2 Spell Pierce
    1 Spell Snare
    4 Stifle
    4 Daze
    1 Dismember
    4 Force of Will

3 Polluted Delta
    4 Wooded Foothills
    1 Waterlogged Grove
    1 Fiery Islet
    2 Tropical Island
    2 Volcanic Island
    4 Wasteland
    1 Ghost Quarter

Sideboard:

2 Ancient Grudge
    2 Red Elemental Blast
    2 Cindervines
    1 Rough // Tumble
    1 True-Name Nemesis
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Flusterstorm
    2 Winter Orb
    1 Izzet Staticaster

RD1 ANT Storm 2-1

GM1 - Slowed down my opponent with Ghost Quarter on their only black source swamp. Was able to stop opponents first combo attempt with FoW. Opponent Ad Naus’d down to 1 life and my hand of 3 stifles was enough to ensure they couldn’t storm through hand disruption.

- 2 Lightning Bolt
    - 2 Tarmogoyf
    - 1 Sylvan Library
    - 1 Forked Bolt
    - 1 Dismember
    - 1 Wasteland
    + 2 Red Elemental Blast
    + 2 Surgical Extraction
    + 2 Cindervines
    + 2 Flusterstorm

GM2 - Stopped first combo attempt, and risked tapping out for one turn to land Cindervines when my opponent was on 4 cards. Turns out they drew the nuts twice in a row and killed me that turn.
    GM3 - Landed a turn one delver. Opponent made a mistake of casting Swarm before duress. Hand of Bolt, Fluster, Spell Snare, Daze led me to victory.

RD2 Show and Tell 2-1

GM 1 - My opponent t1 SnT’d a Griselbrand and I had no FoW

- 4 Lightning Bolt
    - 2 Tarmogoyf
    - 1 Sylvan Library
    - 1 Spell Snare
    - 1 Forked Bolt
    - 1 Dismember
    + 2 Red Elemental Blast
    + 2 Cindervines
    + 2 Flusterstorm
    + 2 Winter Orb
    + 2 Surgical Extraction

GM 2 - Opponent didn’t know what I was playing as gm1 didn’t last long enough. Was able to land 2 Nimbles and counter his relevant spells. Game ended when I ghost quarter his mountain, and stifled his only activation of Sneak Attack.
    GM 3 - Opponent spent a removal spell and double FoW to kill my T1 Delver. Left him on near empty. Landed a Wrenn and Six and waste land locked him out of the game.

RD3 Black Vise Burn 2-1

Was a less experienced player and actually helped them remember a lot of eidolon triggers and sequence spells correctly. (I used to play Burn)

GM1 - Had a land disruption heavy hand, and mono mountain burn did its thing, capped off with a massive Price of Progress.

- 1 Sylvan Library
    - 1 Dismember
    - 1 Wasteland
    - 4 Stifle
    - 2 Winter Orb
    - 2 Cindervines
    - 2 Flusterstorm
    - 1 Rough // Tumble

GM2 - Opponent flooded out pretty heavily, and my Nimble and Cindervines was able to widdle him down with plenty of disruption in hand.
    GM3 - Opponent was pretty mana screwed, and double Cindervines, Nimble took it home.

RD4 Standstill Merfolk 2-0

GM1 - An Early Nimble and Delver, a FoW for Standstill, and no lords from my Opponent got the win

- 4 Stifle
    - 1 Sylvan Library
    - 1 Wasteland
    - 2 Red Elemental Blast
    - 2 Ancient Grudge
    - 2 Cindervines
    (can’t remember if I boarded more than this, but I for sure did this at least)

GM2 - A t1 Delver. Had a large counter fight over my opponents Chalice of the Void on one, which left them nearly empty handed. I followed with a Wrenn and Six to waste his Mutavaults and keep him low on mana got there.

Conclusion

I was lucky to get paired against favorable matchups, and dodged DnT, Karn, and Maverick. Overall, though I was matched up against decks that are pretty resilient to land disruption, Wrenn and Six and my token Ghost Quarter really shined. W+6 even though they didn’t lock out our opponent most times, alleviated pressure from my life total as well as helping thin my deck and provide chip damage in very close matches. I think Fiery Islet and Waterlogged Grove is too much. There were a few hands I had to mulligan and situations that were sketchy to be in because daze was a dead card with them. I think I might go up a dual and cut one of them. Because the recurring card draw is nice when I can set it up. I would have liked to test against some of my worse matchups to test out my side board plan, but overall I was very pleased with how I played and how the deck performed for me. Let me know your thoughts.
    Last edited by FullTimeDan; 06-25-2019 at 03:21 PM.

Jul 2017
    Northern Germany

Have played the following list in a small tournament (5 rounds) in Hamburg, Germany past saturday:

//Mana
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Scalding Tarn
    3 Tropical Island
    3 Volcanic Island
    4 Wasteland

//Creatures
    4 Delver of Secrets
    4 Nimble Mongoose
    3 True-Name Nemesis

//Permanents
    2 Wrenn and Six

//Spells
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Daze
    1 Dismember
    4 Force of Will
    4 Lightning Bolt
    4 Ponder
    4 Spell Pierce
    4 Stifle

//Sideboard
    1 Abrade
    1 Ancient Grudge
    1 Cindervines
    1 Electrickery
    1 Entrancing Melody
    2 Flusterstorm
    1 Forked Bolt
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Hooting Mandrills
    1 Pyroblast
    1 Red Elemental Blast
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Winter Orb

Match 1 vs. Sneak & Show
    Didn't know what he was on before the round. First game I kept a balanced hand with Daze and Pierce but no Force, Dismember, Goose, Cantrip and Mana. Unfortunately I then started flooding out on lands and creatures and my opponent had one mana open when casting Sneak Attack with Force backup so I could only daze in order to prevent him from activating SA immediately and hope for a couple of Stifles from the top. Didn't work out, he sneaked in Grisel the next turn, took 7, then cast S&T for Omni, going to 5 in the process while I put Nemesis in and had a mana open to Dismember Grisel when it would come at me so that he would not draw 7 again (and also die in my backswing) as a last resort. He cantripped several times and then found Emrakul.

I boarded Flusters, Blasts, Vines, Mandills and one Extraction for some removal, TNNs and both Wrenns.

Second game was devastating for him, he had to go down to 5 cards and was very light on mana so I just stifled and wasted him out of the game while an insect beat him up. He eventually lost with no permanents on the table.
    Final game was kind of similar to the second one. He mulled to 5 again, got denied some of his mana and two little gooses were going for it. At 12 life he tried to go for SA but got stuck in a wall of counters. That counterwar allowed me to thresh the vermin on my turn by wasting a land of his and that ended the match the very next turn.

2:1

My opponent was very unexperienced and sided out all copies of S&T and Omni since he thought I would blast them anyway. Told him that he will have no safe combo agains me at all and therefore should leave all the pieces in in order to get more attempts from his topdeck and overload my counters.

Match 2 vs. Burn
    I got paired against a buddy of mine who usually plays some sort of blue control or Aggro Loam. Not this time. I kept a good hand for any given grindy matchup and got burned off of the table pretty quickly.

I had not much to board in but a lot I wanted to get rid of in the main deck, so I sided out 4 Stifles, 2 Wrenns and Dismember for 2 Flusters, Forked Bolt, Abrade, Vines (at least serves as removal for Eidolons, Vortex and/or Pillars), Mandrills and Melody (also more kind of a desperate move but still better than what I was siding out I guess).

Second game I started of with a Delver which he tried to shoot 3 times before I finally had to let him resolve. That shrank his hand and gave me time so I deployed Nemesis and connected several turns while just trying not to get raced (which was not too hard given he took so many shots on my insect).

Third game... well I guess I shouldn't have won here. He lead with Guide and Eidolon, both of which I could get rid off by dazing Eidolon and bolting Guide at the same time, giving him a two land lead. He then managed to resolve another Eidolon and bolted me the following turns while attacking. I was at 8 and had 3 lands in play plus one in hand when I pondered and got revealed Melody and Mandrills. So I played Mandrills to block the road and the very next turn gained control of the Eidolon with Melody. People around had some fun witnessing that play and luckily for me it was the very opening I needed 'cause I got to clock him now without dying in the backswings. I forced a bolt of him, putting me to 4 life and all I had left was Pierce and Daze, him being at 6 Life at that point against my Ape and his Eidolon under my banner. Got lucky again when he found no Fireblast in his final turn.

2:1

Match 3 vs. Elves
    Facing a friend of mine who drove us to the tournament in first place and to whom I lent my Elves deck beforehand. Game 1 I tried to defend myself against an early combo kill and deployed a Delver pretty fast. But since I play Garruk Relentless in my Elves list so does my opponent this time and the Delver gets to fight the planeswalker before it could transform. I get to shoot down transformed Garruk but his board advantage is huge and him hitting a Behemoth from the top doesn't make it any better for me...

I sided out some copies of TNN, Daze and Pierce to add all removal from the sideboard as well as Mandrills and Cage.

The second game I mulled to 6 and found a hand with first turn Delver accompanied by two Dazes and Ponder and stuff, so I keep and cast the little wizard. Unfortunately, my opponent had to have exactly Cavern of Souls as his first land drop so my Dazes are completely worthless from than point of the game. On top of that my Delver refuses to transform at all during the game despite the use of Ponder (which I had to shuffle), so I got outclassed and overrun pretty fast here since my deck would not cooperate at all.

0:2

Match 4 vs. 5-Color Control
    This pairing is against another good friend of mine who went to play the greediest deck in the history of greedy decks just for the lulz. We playtested against each other during the week and the matchup is as bad for him as you would expect when Canadian gets to get its hands on a five color mana base.
    Attacking his mana is exactly the thing I'm doing here and despite me not being able to apply much pressure early on he never gets to cast or resolve anything meaningful here and so eventually the Goose is on the loose (and on his face).

Boarding here is Blasts, Orb and Abrade for Dismember, Delver and I think 2 of Daze and Pierce or so.

Second game doesn't get any better for him. Wrenn and Six and a Wasteland are lurking for him to try and grab some duals with his fetches. At the same time a Goose starts to pressure him and whenever he tries to get an answer, I counter or destroy it and W&6 recycle the Wasteland afterwards so that he keeps losing lands with every move he makes. Nevertheless he still has enough of those and floods out pretty hard.

2:0

Match 5 vs. Aggro Loam
    Well, another pairing against a guy from my playtesting group... Once again I get to do all the things Canadian likes to do in game 1 so that my opponent can't resolve anything that could possibly annoy me and as he sighs in relief that I did not counter his KotR with 3 lands in the grave, I dismember it to make him scoop.

Boarding is pretty much the same as above aside from the fact that I also sided in my Surgicals for some stuff I can't remember right now.

I get to follow up the second game just the way the first turned out to go. I can keep him low on mana and counter his most important stuff. As Goose and Nemesis start to knock him out, I also get to Grudge his Mox Diamond and as he finally gets to toxic deluge my board, I ponder to find a way to deal the final 5 points of damage and find another duo of Goose and Fish so that I lay out the vermin once again. He finds nothing to deal with any of Goose or Nemesis and extends his hand.

2:0

So in total I finish 4-1-0, my loss being against the eventual winner of the tournament. Therefore my opp score is enough to put me in second place. Since there's no Top 8 nor Top 4 playoff after swiss rounds, I end on said 2nd place.

------------------------------------

Thoughts on the deck are:
    - W&6 is totally insane. There's hardly any spot you would not want have them. Maybe I will add #3 to the main deck.
    - Due to W&6 you'll be making much more land drops and therefore can easily run a larger number of TNNs without having them stuck in your hand, which is great.
    - I think the Mandills in the sideboard are awesome, since they are somewhat bullet proof and evasion to me is worth way more than Goyfs bigger body right now. Might also add a second copy.
    - Melody is fun. :D
    - Cindervines have been kind of underwhelming to 'til this point. Dunno, both effects seem to have little impact or are overpriced. However, I think you would want some sort of permanent hate against combo.

Jul 2015
    California

For those who have been testing Wrenn and Six, how has it gone? I have seen a lot of lists running the 2x W&6 but I'm not sure if it is people just testing or are they the real deal?

I have also seen some lists not playing Spell Snare and just playing 4 Spell Pierce. Is Snare in a bad spot right now?

Jul 2017
    Northern Germany

Quote Originally Posted by goliaththegreat View Post
    For those who have been testing Wrenn and Six, how has it gone? I have seen a lot of lists running the 2x W&6 but I'm not sure if it is people just testing or are they the real deal?

I have also seen some lists not playing Spell Snare and just playing 4 Spell Pierce. Is Snare in a bad spot right now?
    I think that W&6 have come to stay.
    They provide better Brainstorms since you can get dead cards to your hand that BS trades for new ones and/or grab a shuffle effect if needed. They also allow Wasteland locks or simply additional land drops (which is way better than I first thought it would be -> it allows to play a higher curve and still be able to have open mana to react to your opponent's plays). W&6 are like Life from the Loam where you wouldn't need to skip draws or pay (1)(G) in order to use it over and over again.
    At the same time they can get rid of Strix (therefore making Gooses great again) and other pesky stuff like Thalia (if you somehow manage to cast W&6 while Thalia is around), human-form Delvers and so on. So basically any way you use W&6, they will generate CA for you - which is great.
    Last but not least, if you manage to get the emblem, you almost always win. And getting the emblem is not that hard if W&6 hit the board early enough and start to recycle a Wasteland since your opponent will hardly be able to do anything at all until you reach the ultimate. W&6 almost always exactly provide what Canadian need; they are mana denial, they give consistency to your own mana supply and draws, they can be removal and if not handled by the opponent, they are a direct win condition.
    Honestly, I would rather play 3 than shave any from my list. They're so good!

The Snare vs. Pierce thing is as old as the printing of the latter, I guess. Currently, I like playing Pierce over Snare because there's only a few cases where Snare does something Pierce could not do or the deck could not answer otherwise. Snapcaster for example is just as dangerous as its trigger and pretty often Pierce will counter the flashback and you'll only have to deal with a 2/1 which should not be too much trouble in most cases. Same is true for Stifle on the trigger. Strix as another example can be shot in so many ways especially when having W&6 in the deck or is dodged by Nemesis or countered by Redblast after boarding. You can easily replace Strix for the likes of Thalia or YP here, they all are easy to kill and you just need to save a kill spell for them if possible. SFM as a final example can be stifled, bolted or handled postboard. And Tarmogoyf is hardly seeing play at all, so I wouldn't want to play a card more or less just in case my opponent plays Goyfs.
    Most other targets for Snare can also be targeted by Pierce (Chalice, Counterbalance, Infernal Tutor, Blossom, ...) and pierce also helps against combos, in stack wars or to defend my win conditions if needed. It also has synergies with the mana denial plan as a whole as well as especially Winter Orb. It deals with planeswalkers, it deals with lock pieces like B2B or Moon. It's just so much more versatile right now in my opinion.

Note that Pierce > Snare is just my thoughts on the current meta game. If by tomorrow people start throwing around with Goyfs and stuff again, my mind might change in a heartbeat. ;)

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

RUG Delver got 9th, 17th, and 31st in the MTGO Challenge. All played multiple Wrenn and Six. The 9th place list is really interesting; 3 Wrenn and Six, 4 Hexdrinker, 1 Abrade, 1 Fiery Islet.

Cash Money Baller
    Nov 2007
    Maine

Hello folks. I thought I would post an update on my attempts to conquer the league metagame with RUG. Here is what I have been playing:

4 Wasteland
    8 Fetch
    3 Tropical Island
    3 Volcanic Island

4 Delver of Secrets
    4 Tarmogoyf
    3 True-Name Nemesis

4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder

4 Lightning Bolt
    2 Magmatic Sinkhole

4 Stifle
    3 Spell Pierce
    4 Daze
    4 Force of Will

Sideboard:
    3 Pyroblast
    3 Abrade
    2 Lonely Sandbar
    1 Wren and Six
    2 Gilded Drake
    4 Tormod's Crypt

The point of the deck was to have all the upside of the 4 color BURG delver decks while remaining 3 colors. Magmatic Sinkhole does a good Abrupt Decay impression by removing opposing Tarmogoyfs and planeswalkers as well as Gurmag Angler but obviously misses some artifacts and enchantments like Chalice of the Void. RUG Delver is definitely the deck to beat and people are playing decks like Humans and Burn that take advantage of Nimble Mongoose being a little too small and a little too slow. So the plan was to ground and pound with Tarmogoyf and clear the path with Magmatic Sinkhole. All in all, the deck has been moderately effective. In probably 20 or so leagues, I only did worse than 3-2 once, but only a couple 5-0's and a handful of 4-1's. If you want to check out some amateurish recordings I made, you can see my youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCME..._as=subscriber.

I played in the Legacy Challenge on Sunday. It started off well enough getting paired against 4 color control and winning game 1. I beat 4 color control 3 times in the last league I recorded but unfortunately I could not get there in games 2 and 3. Plague Engineer is unfortunately on the rise and True-Name Nemesis is not as effective as it used to be. Plague Engineer and drawing an unfortunate amount of lands did me in. I won the next two rounds but then lost to UW Mentor. I had him dead on board in game 3 but unfortunately lost to an unexpected Daze into a whole bunch cantrips into a Swords to Plowshares on his own mentor token that put him in a position to win. Then I lost Round 6 to Pellenik who always plays funky next level brews. He was on an UBr control deck and I was unfortunately unable to efficiently answer his Baleful Strix's and Plague Engineer did more work against me. Playing for hopefully 32nd place or better in Round 7 I lost games 2 and 3 to Aluren wherein he resolved Carpet of Flowers in both games and there wasn't much I could do.

All in all, I think that my current build is "okay" for the league metagame. Everyone is gunning for RUG and while I think my build does some things to next level average league players, Challenge opponents are much better and I will need a much more dynamic approach to prevail there. I'm not quite sure what I want to do but Wrenn and Six is a silly card and a third should be probably be in the main deck. A major strength of this deck compared to 4 color control is those opponents typically start by fetching basics or develop their mana in such a way that they can't just slam Wrenn and Six on turn 2. Another thing is what while I thought Hexdrinker in this deck to be a silly suggestion, I think it could actually work. It seems like it is feast or famine with regard to the mana in this deck. In Delver mirrors, you are struggling just to keep a land on the battlefield but in other match ups you have tons of mana thanks to Wrenn and Six. Hexdrinker at least has an impact on the board in tight mana games and does something in the games where we have tons of mana. It also has more play against Plague Engineer than True-Name. So I'm not sure about all the numbers but I am going to try a build that starts with:

4 Delver
    4 Hexdrinker
    4 Tarmogoyf
    3 Wrenn and Six
    Last edited by BKclassic; 07-08-2019 at 09:23 AM.

May 2013
    Paris, France

Quote Originally Posted by BKclassic View Post
    Hexdrinker at least has an impact on the board in tight mana games and does something in the games where we have tons of mana. It also has more play against Plague Engineer than True-Name. So I'm not sure about all the numbers but I am going to try a build that starts with:

4 Delver
    4 Hexdrinker
    4 Tarmogoyf
    3 Wrenn and Six
    +1
    I was suggesting that setup a month ago in this very thread.

Kitchen testing since then but I'm happy with it.

It requires a bit of practise tbh as Hexdrinker is not a Mongoose: every turn you'll have to assess if you spend 1 mana to pump him or play a cantrip/whatever.

Looking forward to reading your tests' feedbacks.

(3 Wrenn / 3 pierce is my setup)

SB used:

1 Clique
    1 Sulfur Elemental
    2 Cindervines
    1 Sylvan Library
    2 Flusterstorm
    2 Surgical
    2 Pyroblast
    1 REB
    1 Return to Nature
    1 Rough // Tumble

Ralf

Cash Money Baller
    Nov 2007
    Maine

@Ralf - Generally speaking, I believe the way to play Hexdrinker is generally to level it up to Level 3 in one turn. Opponents will be trying to get us to sink our mana into Hexdrinker and then destroy it in response to the Level 3 activation. We can take advantage of this by playing Hexdrinker and just letting it sit. If we trade 1 for 1 with their removal, that's fine. It puts the opponent in a position where they basically can't afford to ever tap out because that gives us the window to get Hexdrinker to level 3 and then it's typically only a matter of time until we have a 6/6 Progenitus. Anyway, I'll test it out and make some recordings, hopefully sooner than later.

Nov 2013
    Russia, SPB

Maybe it is time to think in another direction too? I mean wotc just give us very interesting option - Elvish Reclaimer. It has some synergy with wren and hard to kill with bolt. Maybe it will be much more interesting than hexdrinker. But only hard testing will determine that.

Cash Money Baller
    Nov 2007
    Maine

Well I don't mean to spam this thread with references to Youtube page so I'll stop after this. But I did run a list with Hexdrinker through a league and record, just see the my link in my signature. I ran this list:

4 Polluted Delta
    4 Flooded Strand
    3 Tropical Island
    3 Volcanic Island
    4 Wasteland

4 Delver of Secrets
    3 Hexdrinker
    4 Tarmogoyf

3 Wrenn and Six

4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder

4 Stifle
    2 Spell Pierce
    1 Spell Snare
    4 Daze
    4 Force of Will

Sideboard:
    3 Pyroblast
    1 Hydroblast
    1 Forked Bolt
    2 Abrade
    1 Null Rod
    1 Cindervines
    4 Tormod's Crypt
    2 Lonely Sandbar

While I did go 4-1 and ultimate Hexdrinker twice, I was not super excited about drawing the card, especially in multiples. It's just pretty clunky and Nimble Mongoose would have been better most of the time. With that said, I don't think sliding one or possibly even two Hexdrinker into a RUG delver list is an unreasonable decision and might even be good. My decision to try Hexdrinker was based on my desire to find a RUG build that ran 4 Tarmogoyf and 3 Wrenn and Six. Unfortunately, BURG tempo appears to be clearly the direction to go in for this configuration. The upside of Abrupt Decay and some black sideboard cards is very compelling. Dystopiaa's list from the last challange is basically perfect. The good news is that, unlike BURG Delver from the Deathrite Shaman days, the new build is much more green based and is much more like playing RUG Delver. Anyway, I'll leave further BURG discussion to the BURG thread. With regards to regular RUG Delver, I'm sure that the basic configuration (4 Goose, 2 Goyf, 2 TNN, 2 W6) is basically correct but I do think that Magmatic Sinkhole is the best 5th removal spell in despite the lack of synergy with Mongoose (a thresh'd Mongoose still can't attack through Goyf or Angler) and working in a Hexdrinker or two could be fine.
    Last edited by BKclassic; 07-10-2019 at 12:01 AM.

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

how come no one is playing 8 bolt plan with arcanist?

May 2015
    PDX

@KobeBryan that deck can't run green and also be aggressive. Arcanist is also quite unplayable alongside Stifle b/c it demands tap out and jam play patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    @KobeBryan that deck can't run green and also be aggressive. Arcanist is also quite unplayable alongside Stifle b/c it demands tap out and jam play patterns.
    Maybe becasue Wrenn and six took everything

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

That card is so overpowered

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

I am going to rock the 3 Wren list hat won the 100+ person event in japan at my weekly on Wednesday. Deck seems very well positioned with ancient grudge out of the board.
    "eggs... why'd it have to be eggs"

Looks like Maverick will make a comeback with Tempo decks trying to force their way into the Meta again.

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

Wren is good against Maverick!

The meta is in crazy flux right now, who knows what is gonna happen.
    "eggs... why'd it have to be eggs"

Cash Money Baller
    Nov 2007
    Maine

Quote Originally Posted by lavafrogg View Post

I would have to concur that this deck crushes Maverick right now. Wrenn and Six and True-Name are wildly good against them.

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by lavafrogg View Post

Wrenn is so OP vs. slow greedy mana bases.

Dec 2010
    Montreal

Does anybody have experience with W6 as a mainboard card? How often do you side it out? How good is it in general?

I really like the card in the 75 but I always imagined it as a SB card for Control and specific aggro decks (Delver and DnT). In many matchups the ping ability is simply irrelevant so W6 becomes a Loam. Loam without a Waste is quite underwhelming also. I feel like drawing multiples in those matchups would be devastating.

The main point I want to make is that I can easily see how a singleton W6 makes sense (PW typing for Goyf, random hoser against x/1, WasteLoam potential, Ultimate threat against UW) but wouldn't a card like Sylvan Library make more sense as a complementary grinder than a second copy of W6 that seemingly offers diminishing returns?
    Do you know what assuming does? It makes an ass out of you and me.
    Get it...? Ass, u, me?

... ffs I was trying to be funny...

Thread Information