Page 56 of 147 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 2929

Thread: [Deck] Canadian Threshold (aka RUG Delver, Tempo Thresh)

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Re: [Deck] Canadian Threshold (aka RUG Delver, Tempo Thresh)

Quote Originally Posted by keys View Post
    Kird Ape might not be the most sophisticated guest at the dinner table, but he's the only one-drop besides Delver that allows you to play Rough / Tumble and Treasure Cruise in the same deck and still apply a decent clock. Ok, except for maybe Rogue Elephant...
    In theory one could splash white to gain access to Wild Nacatl.
    In the current meta, with not that many Wastelands, this might be an option.
    White also has some nice sideboard options and a great removal spell to offer.

My first version of Tempo Zoo played Wild Nacatl.
    I won the first tournament I played with this list, but as soon as Delver was released I switched to Delvers, and never looked back.
    The manabase is much better when you don't have to play lands that act like basic lands but that can still get wastelanded. (All the white duals which were here just to pump Nacatl did not help you cast any white spell, because you don't play any).
    So even if there are less Wastelands in today's meta (which I am unsure aynway), not splashing white still allows you to have a more stable manabase, besides having a more robust one.

Quote Originally Posted by keys View Post
    My hat's off to Terroy...
    Fixed. And thank you. ;)

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Sea R Hill View Post
    My first version of Tempo Zoo played Wild Nacatl.
    I won the first tournament I played with this list, but as soon as Delver was released I switched to Delvers, and never looked back.
    I'm not saying play Nacatl over Delver. I am saying it's worth looking into playing both, and no Kird Ape.

The lands would be Tropical and Plateau, allowing you to play the two important reactive colours (blue and red) from two lands. You could decide to play white cards, main or side, but you don't necessarily have to. It's an option. I think it could work.

Nov 2006
    London

Nacatl is too fragile. The deck should be able to survive on 2 lands.

+1 on that,no nacatl please.
    nacatl is just a touch better than kird ape,the white splash isn't worth it

So I've been doing some testing with Kird Ape builds myself and this is the best I could come up with:

Creatures: 12
    4 delver of secrets
    4 kird ape
    4 tarmogoyf

Instants: 22
    4 brainstorm
    4 force of will
    4 daze
    4 stifle
    4 lightning bolt
    1 spell pierce
    1 pyroblast

Sorceries: 9
    4 ponder
    4 treasure cruise
    1 forked bolt

Lands: 17
    4 Flooded strand
    3 polluted delta
    4 wasteland
    3 tropical island
    3 volcanic island

Sideboard:
    2 Grafdigger's Cage
    2 flusterstorm
    2 pyroblast
    1 vendilion clique
    1 spell pierce
    1 forked bolt
    2 rough and tumble
    1 krosan grip
    1 ancient grudge
    1 sulfuric vortex
    1 sylvan library

Despite Kird Ape making cruise viable I still feel like RUG delver's power relies in it's synergy with wasteland/stifle/daze. The list Daryl won with just seemed to soft to miracles without goose and stifle. I mean I can understand him just hoping to dodge it, but the meta I play in it's a fairly common deck to see. On top of that I did put sulfuric vortex, sylvan library and krosan grip in the board to help shore up the miracles match up post board.
    I am thinking about shaving 1 cruise for another pierce. What do you guys think? In testing it just seems like 4 cruises is too much. It almost always seems like a cruise is clogging up opening hands or early draws. In UR delver 4 cruise makes sense, but 3 seems a bit better for us.

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Streaming the Legacy Daily Event with Monkey Island aka Team Azerbaijan. Join us over at twitch.tv/itsJulian or watch the VODs later this week on itsJulian.com
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Streaming the Legacy Daily Event with Monkey Island aka Team Azerbaijan. Join us over at twitch.tv/itsJulian or watch the VODs later this week on itsJulian.com
    Nice! What list you using?

Really not that big an issue but I would prefer no music on the VODs, or something more neutral like a piano

Feb 2014
    Germany

Welcome back nimble mongoose! <3

Quote Originally Posted by index View Post
    <3 <3 I'm going home to unsleeve Taiga and Kird Ape.

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Welcome back

Pray for Rain
    May 2010
    Philadelphia, PA, USA

Quote Originally Posted by index View Post
    For some of us, it never left.

I might still want spell snares
    Matt Bevenour in real life

Apr 2009
    NEPA

Back to playing this from TES, its good to see mongoose back and us going to be a tier 1 deck again.

So. Reality Shift, anyone?

MTGGoldfish
    Jan 2015
    Vermont USA

I'm new to Legacy, I just bought in on MTGO. Built U/R Delver, and started on daryl ayers delver deck.

Now that treasure cruise has been banned, I decided to buy nimble mongoose and make the older version of this deck.

Do you guys think that Nimble Mongoose is the way to go? Would you ever consider trying the kird ape version with dig through time instead of treasure cruise?

I've been playing and trying to learn the Nimble Mongoose list lately, so far I've done ok, I faced a couple decks that I wasn't familiar with and ended up losing.

MTGGoldfish
    Jan 2015
    Vermont USA

This is what my deck looks like now:

4 Delver of Secrets
    4 Nimble Mongoose
    4 Tarmogoyf
    2 Forked Bolt
    2 Gitaxian Probe
    4 Ponder
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Daze
    4 Force of Will
    4 Lightning Bolt
    2 Spell Pierce
    4 Stifle
    3 Tropical Island
    3 Volcanic Island
    2 Misty Rainforest
    2 Ghost Quarter
    4 Flooded Strand
    2 Polluted Delta
    2 Wasteland

2 Spell Pierce
    1 Flusterstorm
    2 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Hydroblast
    1 Sulfuric Vortex
    3 Pyroblast
    2 Rough/Tumble
    1 Submerge
    1 Krosan Grip
    1 Pithing Needle

Keep in mind, I will replace the ghost quarter as soon as I can afford to do so. Should be soon (I hope, because rarely is GQ any good).

Any suggestions or comments are welcome. I'm still learning the format. I have to say, Legacy is the most fun I've ever had playing competitive magic.

I finally own this deck but I don't get the opportunity to play often, so: are there anyone that routinely stream or post videos of playing this (and other, particularly BUG) Delver variants?

Quote Originally Posted by Islandswamp View Post
    I'm new to Legacy, I just bought in on MTGO. Built U/R Delver, and started on daryl ayers delver deck.

Now that treasure cruise has been banned, I decided to buy nimble mongoose and make the older version of this deck.

Do you guys think that Nimble Mongoose is the way to go? Would you ever consider trying the kird ape version with dig through time instead of treasure cruise?

I've been playing and trying to learn the Nimble Mongoose list lately, so far I've done ok, I faced a couple decks that I wasn't familiar with and ended up losing.
    Hands down nimble mongoose is better than kird ape. The only reason why kird ape was even for a second slightly better was because it didn't rely on the graveyard and treasure cruise was that good. The other thing stock lists running goose and stifle are so much better vs miracles. Having a 3/3 beatstick they have to find terminus/entreat/singleton clique to deal with makes it really hard for them. On top of that we have stifle for terminus/entreat which forces them to burn a brainstorm (unless they have jace in play but we shouldn't let that happen) to put the miracle card back on top. I will admit Kird Ape is better against combo, but goose is better against the other 2/3 of the meta because of it's shroud.
    As for going back to it switching dig with cruise I wouldn't, but that's just because I like the main list. They're similar cards dig and cruise and I would almost say dig is better since you see 7 and 1 card with cruise was probably a land/irrelevant card anyways. It's worth a shot plus it's an instant which is much better for us.
    If you're having difficulties with stifle don't let it make you make bad plays. What I mean by that is don't hold up stifle turn 1 over playing out delver because you want to maybe hit a fetch. Playing out a wasteland without a threat in play is bad the same I would say is true for stifle most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by edahl View Post
    I finally own this deck but I don't get the opportunity to play often, so: are there anyone that routinely stream or post videos of playing this (and other, particularly BUG) Delver variants?
    http://www.channelfireball.com/author/jacob-wilson/

I would start by watching all of Jacob's rug delver videos. Not sure if everyone else agrees with this, but I would say Jacob is the best RUG Delver pilot. There's also plenty of videos of him playing in various scg top 8s (I think he won 3 back to back with rug) and despite the videos being old most of the match ups haven't changed that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Contract Killer View Post
    http://www.channelfireball.com/author/jacob-wilson/

I would start by watching all of Jacob's rug delver videos. Not sure if everyone else agrees with this, but I would say Jacob is the best RUG Delver pilot. There's also plenty of videos of him playing in various scg top 8s (I think he won 3 back to back with rug) and despite the videos being old most of the match ups haven't changed that much.
    Thank you! <3

Thread Information