Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
Man, the moment I read this I said to myself "I guess he's going to advice Gilded Drake, and really, I'd love to have exactly that card when my WB opponent played Tombstalker!" :smile:
But I guess Echoing Truth might work too. My only concern is that it returns alll the Goyfs, etc. and sometimes this might be disadvantage.

I've thought about Compost before. My only trouble with the card is that you really want it asap, so that it gives you CA. As such, it needs to be played in multiples and I'm not sure if there's enough space.
Echoing Truth and esp. Chain of Vapor may backfire. I'm not sure if it's reasonable (cmc3 spells need to do a lot to be played), but maybe Wipe Away or Rushing River again?
Gilded Drake is way to much narrow and conditionnal. I dont advise for it unless Sneak-Show, Reanimator and other Big cheated creature are the rules in your meta :p

As said, Compost at first sight it is a great card against black, but it is really that strong to take 2 or 3 sideboard slot ? I dont know yet, but I'm working on it ;)

Wipe Away were initially put in place of Echoing Truth because of Split Second, but being a 3 cmc 1UU is a big drawback. This is why I moved to Chain of Vapor and Echoing Truth, both do a good job, sometime tricky when cast in answer to Liliana ability or other right timed play :) Returning all instance is exactly why I think Echoing Truth is the way to go : Miracles, Dredge and Batterskull get the hit. Chain of Vapor give a too big edge by allowing our opponent to sacrifice a land and use it back against us (because our opponent usually have way more land than us).