Quote Originally Posted by KobeBryan View Post
I don't agree with this 100%. One is an instant the other enchantment. I'm not sure who exposes their enchantments to get killed or removed just to wait for the card that needs to be removed
I don't agree with the statement that "Not having 2x Cindervines in your 75 is almost certainly just wrong" but I do believe it's much better than Destructive Revelry. It's not helpful to talk about hypotheticals in this way when we need to consider concrete examples in the current metagame. There are salient examples of where Vines is better than Revelry:

- Threat vs control decks (you could board Revelry vs Miracles if you wanted but it seems considerably worse than Vines overall even if they can potentially use Disenchant / CJ on it.)
- Potential anti-storm card (Disenchant/Revelry not even worth considering here)
- Comes down before problematic hate permanents that make it difficult to cast RG removal spells (B2B, Counterbalance, Blood Moon, Trinisphere, Chalice of the Void, Choke)
- Card type enchantment has Tarmogoyf-boosting applications

Where are spots where Revelry is actually better?

You need a confluence of so many things
1. It's a matchup where the Pillar effect is insignificant / irrelevant
or
2. Your opponent is playing Enchantment removal AND You get punished for sandbagging vines to use as 1RG sorcery Revelry
or
3. Your opponent still has Needle/Revoker/Spyglass effects after sideboarding
or
4. RG + 1 is significantly worse than just RG
and
5. You don't care about resolving your kill spell before the targeted permanent OR being able to hide Revelry in your hand to surprise the opponent with it at instant speed is relevant

The most obvious example of a matchup where at least some of these things are true is DNT, which is why I think Cindervines is a complement to Grudge rather than a replacement. I think you can afford the SB slots to do this because Cindervines also has anti-control applications. The net effect is that your Stompy matchup should improve (because now you have 2 Grudge + 1-2 Cindervines) plus you get extra coverage vs other decks like Enchantress and Storm, and at no cost to your other matchups because Vines is hopefully as good against Miracles/Grixis as whatever other card was in that slot beforehand