Page 63 of 147 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 2929

Thread: [Deck] Canadian Threshold (aka RUG Delver, Tempo Thresh)

Jan 2014
    Philippines

Re: [DTB] Canadian Threshold (aka RUG Delver, Tempo Thresh)

I haven't found the elves matchup to be problematic. Sure, game 1 is an uphill climb, especially since I run a removal-light list (4 l bolt, 1 f bolt), but we have sideboard options against elves that make the matchup that much easier. Primary removal/daze targets are Symbiotes and Deathrites. I usually reserve my Force of Wills for Natural Order since that line of play pretty much ends it for us (Of course, you can stifle the Hoof trigger, but I'd rather not have a craterhoof in play).

I think Goyf is being undervalued in the elves matchup. I have found Goyf to perform well vs. the little green men since he presents a fast clock or they have to spend an elf to stop him each turn.

My SB plan has been
    RUG 54, 3 pierce, 1 F Bolt, 1 Spell Snare, 1 Pithing Needle (or 2 Git Probes in place of snare/pithing)

SB
    -1 mongoose, -1 Pierce, -1 Snare, -1 stifle, -1 daze
    + 1 forked bolt, +2 Rough/Tumble, +1 Vendilion Clique, +1 Grafdigger's Cage

Stifling a fetch without a clock is not a negative play against a lot of lists, particularly the ones who are trying to shuffle away trash or get to 3 mana. In those cases it is a game-saving play because if they find a threat before you do you're likely to lose. If they get to 3 mana and can play the card the list is centered around (Shardless Agent, True-Name Nemesis, Liliana of the Veil, etc.) you're going to lose most of the time.

It's all context.

Apr 2014
    Fairfax V.A.

I have been running a list with 2 forked bolt main and cutting the third spell pierce:
    54 core 2 pierce/2 probe/2 forked bolt, and that seems to work best for me when running against elves.
    I want them to print a good card for thresh, I was really hoping for the RG command to be better

Quote Originally Posted by kyreii View Post

I think Goyf is being undervalued in the elves matchup. I have found Goyf to perform well vs. the little green men since he presents a fast clock or they have to spend an elf to stop him each turn.
    whole-heartedly agree. goyf gets a bit of a bad rep in this deck because hes easy to remove and slow (for this format at least). hes in top form against elves, though, because they have no removal and no must-counter/must-stifle things in the first two turns.

Quote Originally Posted by kyreii View Post
    RUG 54, 3 pierce, 1 F Bolt, 1 Spell Snare, 1 Pithing Needle (or 2 Git Probes in place of snare/pithing)
    this is interesting. i recently threw a pithing needle in my board and have been VERY happy with it. im considering going up to two, it just has so much utility and stops a bunch of stuff that really hurts us. how has playing one main been going for you?

Goyf is almost always one of the best cards in the list. He wins more top deck wars than any other card. Delver is the best early card and Mongoose is the best if the plan is working well but Goyf is still the meat in the list.

Apr 2014
    Colorado Springs

Suprised you guys are not talking about the new card Rending Volley.

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Jo11ygrnreefer View Post
    Suprised you guys are not talking about the new card Rending Volley.
    Not surprising at all. Every blue or white based creature is killable by bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
    Stifling a fetch without a clock is not a negative play against a lot of lists, particularly the ones who are trying to shuffle away trash or get to 3 mana. In those cases it is a game-saving play because if they find a threat before you do you're likely to lose. If they get to 3 mana and can play the card the list is centered around (Shardless Agent, True-Name Nemesis, Liliana of the Veil, etc.) you're going to lose most of the time.

It's all context.
    Right I'm not saying it's horrible sometimes that's our best line of attack against particular decks when their high end is too good for us to beat. I am just saying holding it up turn 1 over playing out a threat I think is incorrect unless you're very confidant your mana denial plan will get there with like another stifle and a waste or 2 in hand (this still probably means this hand is bad unless you have a threat or at least a ponder). The thing is the stifle plan turn 1 is not bad the part that I don't like is when you follow this plan but don't have a follow up threat. I've kept too many "do-nothing" hands that have like lots of removal/counters/mana denial, but no threat/cantrip. I just would caution anyone from keeping a tempting hand with a solid mana denial package unless you know it's good in that context and that you think you'll be able to capitalize on the tempo you gained with a threat that's when our mana denial actually starts to bear fruit.
    Last edited by Contract Killer; 03-13-2015 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Contract Killer View Post
    Right I'm not saying it's horrible sometimes that's our best line of attack against particular decks when their high end is too good for us to beat. I am just saying holding it up turn 1 over playing out a threat I think is incorrect unless you're very confidant your mana denial plan will get there with like another stifle and a waste or 2 in hand (this still probably means this hand is bad unless you have a threat or at least a ponder). The thing is the stifle plan turn 1 is not bad the part that I don't like is when you follow this plan but don't have a follow up threat. I've kept too many "do-nothing" hands that have like lots of removal/counters/mana denial, but no threat/cantrip. I just would caution anyone from keeping a tempting hand with a solid mana denial package unless you know it's good in that context and that you think you'll be able to capitalize on the tempo you gained with a threat that's when our mana denial actually starts to bear fruit.
    If you kept a hand without a threat you must hold up Stifle, obviously. If you have Delver in hand it kind of depends on what else you have in hand and what you are playing against. T1 Delver with no Daze against a list playing plows and bolts is like a suicide attempt. Even if you have Force and something to pitch to it you're still going to lose to their bolt/plow + daze and you're going to lose hard. Much better to Ponder or even Mainstorm on T1 if you don't have a reliable threat backed by either another threat or a cheap counter to make the trade off worth it. It's not better to Ponder vs holding up Stifle though. You have to hold up Stifle unless you either have a redundancy in threats or a well-protected one.

I was just reacting to the general idea that Stifle absent a clock is a bad tempo play. It's rarely a bad tempo play except when you're already in the mid-game and the opponent is already at 3 mana.

Stomping blue decks with "dead" decks, as usual.
    Sep 2010

Hey guys, I've been lurking around this thread for last month. I've played a fair amount of RUG in the past (mainly when Maverick was the deal). After testing several lists posted (both IRL and in MWorkstation), my ultimate conclusion is that 3 Stifle is enough.

I've been playing the following list, which differs only a few cards from BKclassic's list:

4 Wasteland
    3 Tropical Island
    3 Volcanic Island
    2 Polluted Delta
    2 Flooded Strand
    2 Misty Rainforest
    2 Scalding Tarn

4 Nimble Mongoose
    4 Delver of Secrets
    3 Tarmogoyf

4 Lightning Bolt
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Force of Will
    4 Daze
    3 Stifle
    3 Gitaxian Probe
    3 Spell Pierce
    2 Forked Bolt

SB: 3 Pyroblast
    SB: 2 Submerge
    SB: 2 Rough/Tumble
    SB: 1 Grafdigger's Cage
    SB: 1 Tormod's Crypt
    SB: 1 Sulfur Elemental
    SB: 1 Vendilion Clique
    SB: 1 Flusterstorm
    SB: 1 Sulfuric Vortex
    SB: 1 Ancient Grudge
    SB: 1 Destructive Revelry

Three important topics:

1) If you're playing only 3 Tarmogoyfs maindeck, make sure that at least 2 cards in your sideboard are creatures. V. Clique and Sulfur Elemental are both great utility critters that helps us against some bad matchups (like Death and Taxes, for example).

2) Destructive Revelry > Krosan Grip. This deck struggles to reach three mana, that's a fact. Revelry is easier to cast and add 2 damage, which is important reach for grindy matchups where lifegain is present (like 12Post-MUD and Batterskull.dec).

3) Gitaxian Probe makes sideboarding pretty easy. If you're well aware of your metagame, it's perfectly fine to side out all three of them for answers.
    Let your Dredge 6 be: Narco, Narco, Narco, Bridge, Bridge, Dread Return

Cash Money Baller
    Nov 2007
    Maine

I decided to further test Fire/Ice, I ran this build through 2 dailies:

4 Misty Rainforest
    4 Scalding Tarn
    3 Tropical Island
    3 Volcanic Island
    4 Wasteland

4 Delver of Secrets
    4 Nimble Mongoose
    4 Tarmogoyf

4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder

4 Lightning Bolt
    3 Fire/Ice

3 Spell Pierce
    4 Stifle
    4 Daze
    4 Force of Will

3 Submerge
    3 Pyroblast
    2 Rought/Tumble
    2 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Spell Pierce
    1 Surgical Extraction
    1 Sulfuric Vortex
    1 Ancient Grudge
    1 Destructive Revelry

daily #1 (3-1)
    2-1 Urb Delver
    2-0 ANT
    2-1 Lands
    1-2 UWb Stoneblade

daily #2 (4-0)
    2-1 UG Infect
    2-1 Urw Delver
    2-0 Shardless BUG
    2-0 Elves

So heretofore I have been digging Gitaxian Probe as a way to improve the consitency of the deck. Probe does this by informing us what our opponent is playing and letting us play around it and by helping accelerate Nimble Mongoose to threshold by being a free cantrip. The only problem is that we end up seeing a lot more cards, and since the deck runs more lands than anything else, it is easy to mana flood. Each draw step that is a land when we need action is obviously quite painful.

Fire/Ice improves the consistency of the deck in big way, but does so at a different end of the spectrum than Gitaxian Probe. One of my favorite things about Fire/Ice is that it gives the deck more to do with its mana, so having 3 or 4 lands in play isn't nearly as punishing as in a Probe build. It can tap down Gurmang Angler/Tasigur, deal with Young Pyromancer plus token, and can be pitched to Force of Will. In many match ups, all of our opponents threats have to be killed ASAP, running 7 burn spells certainly increases our chances of being able to keep up in these situations. This upside comes with trade-off that Fire/Ice cost 2 mana. However, this issue is mitigated by fact that Ice can be pitched to FoW, since we can just Force the threat instead of paying the mana to kill it with Fire.

In my matches, I was able to manage Fire costing 2. I didn't get a chance to tap Marit Lage tokens, but I did pitch Ice to Force of Will a bunch times. Therefore I am rather bullish on the card. I think the downsides of Fire/Ice are managable, and the card obviously bring a lot of upside, so I will continue to experiment with them.
    Last edited by BKclassic; 03-15-2015 at 10:17 PM.

Fire // Ice is really good in the list as a 2-of. I tend to play 3 combined between it and Forked Bolt with the number of each dependent on the meta I see at the moment. If I'm seeing lots of Elves and D&T I play 2 Forked Bolt and 1 Fire//Ice and if I'm not I reverse the numbers. I've tried 2 + 2 to get to 8 burn total with 4 mini-sweepers and that works but it makes the combo matchup weaker since I'm cutting blue counters for the 7th and 8th burn/removal.

I have not tried going to 3 Lightning Bolt to get the 2nd Forked Bolt or Fire//Ice in. The turn 1 removal utility makes the 4th bolt clearly better than the 2nd Fire//Ice and the ability to hit Serra Avenger and a pumped Mishra's Factory is better than the mini-sweeper effect from Forked Bolt. Then you add in the extra point of burn and the 4th bolt is just definitely better than the 2nd of either of the alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjer View Post
    From my experience with RUG, it isn't really a question of removal or counters, as there is no way that you are going to be able to remove each and every single elf with these 4-7 removal spells. Yes, Wasteland answers Cradle and Force of Will somewhat neuters Natural Order but I think we are moving towards magical christmas land here, assuming we have everything while Elves plays their basic plan without any good draws or strategic nuances.

The focus shouldn't be at your amount of Bolts or your quality of countermagic. It should be on the creature you have in your opening hand. This MU changes drastically when you have a Delver of Secrets or any other of your green monstrosities. When you have Delver of Secrets, suddenly your Bolts matter, suddenly it's a good move to Wasteland Cradle and suddenly FoW is actually enough to stop their big spell. Suddenly the MU is somewhat positive.

But if you don't have Delver you are forced into trying to control the elvish menace, and this doesn't work. Not without turn-around spells like Rough//Tumble or anything in this category. If you are stuck with Mongooses(yes, not Mongeese) and Goyfs you are facing a seriously negative MU, as you have no buisness in outgrinding their deck.

That's my experience, let me know what you think.
    I'm learning to play RUG at the moment and I was doing a bit of browsing and read this discussion. Coming from the elves side of the table, this advice is 100% correct in my experience :)

From the elf side; No pressure, no problem! Elves has inevitability. At least one of a grindy dumbo (ooze/packmaster) will be in most American based main decks or you just get ground out via glimpse or bff w/ no access to rough tumble game 1 to recoup the lost cards. Postboard games have more depth, but the overarching point is still the same.

Quote Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
    If you kept a hand without a threat you must hold up Stifle, obviously. If you have Delver in hand it kind of depends on what else you have in hand and what you are playing against. T1 Delver with no Daze against a list playing plows and bolts is like a suicide attempt. Even if you have Force and something to pitch to it you're still going to lose to their bolt/plow + daze and you're going to lose hard. Much better to Ponder or even Mainstorm on T1 if you don't have a reliable threat backed by either another threat or a cheap counter to make the trade off worth it. It's not better to Ponder vs holding up Stifle though. You have to hold up Stifle unless you either have a redundancy in threats or a well-protected one.

I was just reacting to the general idea that Stifle absent a clock is a bad tempo play. It's rarely a bad tempo play except when you're already in the mid-game and the opponent is already at 3 mana.
    Right if you kept a hand without a threat I would say that holding up stifle is almost always right. Most of the time I just fire off the ponder in my hand because again my scenario is a bit unique in the fact that everyone already knows what I'm on so holding up stifle is a moot point. This might also be why I prefer trying to force them into a situation where they have to run into it.

As for playing out delver t1 without back up I think it's fine in the blind. There's plenty of decks (combo, miracles, shardless bug and bug delver) that either underestimate the power of delver or their removal is at 2cmc. The other thing is if they swords our delver that makes our goyfs gain more value as the match up progresses. If you know they're on like Patriot Aggro then yeah running delver out is stupid because they run 8 removal + daze + force. In the blind though I think I would always play delver out protection or not.

The thing is there's only so much we can do to protect delver. If we wait a turn to set up pierce protection and then find out they're on BGx shell that means they have decay and we lost tempo. I just consider delver against anything other than combo as a "starting" threat almost since most decks have inevitability to deal with it. That being said I like to ride delver the few turns I can before Miracles decides to burn a terminus to deal with it that I can't answer and then just play out another threat I've found while delver has kept them busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalize View Post
    Hey guys, I've been lurking around this thread for last month. I've played a fair amount of RUG in the past (mainly when Maverick was the deal). After testing several lists posted (both IRL and in MWorkstation), my ultimate conclusion is that 3 Stifle is enough.

I've been playing the following list, which differs only a few cards from BKclassic's list:

4 Wasteland
    3 Tropical Island
    3 Volcanic Island
    2 Polluted Delta
    2 Flooded Strand
    2 Misty Rainforest
    2 Scalding Tarn

4 Nimble Mongoose
    4 Delver of Secrets
    3 Tarmogoyf

4 Lightning Bolt
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Force of Will
    4 Daze
    3 Stifle
    3 Gitaxian Probe
    3 Spell Pierce
    2 Forked Bolt

SB: 3 Pyroblast
    SB: 2 Submerge
    SB: 2 Rough/Tumble
    SB: 1 Grafdigger's Cage
    SB: 1 Tormod's Crypt
    SB: 1 Sulfur Elemental
    SB: 1 Vendilion Clique
    SB: 1 Flusterstorm
    SB: 1 Sulfuric Vortex
    SB: 1 Ancient Grudge
    SB: 1 Destructive Revelry

Three important topics:

1) If you're playing only 3 Tarmogoyfs maindeck, make sure that at least 2 cards in your sideboard are creatures. V. Clique and Sulfur Elemental are both great utility critters that helps us against some bad matchups (like Death and Taxes, for example).

2) Destructive Revelry > Krosan Grip. This deck struggles to reach three mana, that's a fact. Revelry is easier to cast and add 2 damage, which is important reach for grindy matchups where lifegain is present (like 12Post-MUD and Batterskull.dec).

3) Gitaxian Probe makes sideboarding pretty easy. If you're well aware of your metagame, it's perfectly fine to side out all three of them for answers.
    As much as I'm a fan of running 4 stifles 3 might be the more correct number. I honestly think that stifle should stay as a 4 of, but I could be wrong. It just seems like cutting because sometimes you get 2 in hand is hypocritical argument since you end up then seeing fewer of them anyways. As Destructive Revelry I definitely come to the conclusion it's better than Grudge (except maybe against D&T because of their heavy mana denial). The scenarios that I've ran in my head have essentially boiled it down to the following:
    The decks we want grudge against are stoneforge package based decks which means they'll have RIP out of the board.
    If we draw grudge and they have RIP out then Revelry would have been better
    If we grudge something any legacy player with a brain will wait until they draw RIP so that their next artifact isn't just destroyed on sight therefore revelry would still be better here

Now Krosan Grip on the other hand is more for the miracles match up if you just want to have an out for the countertop lock. Also against miracles it's not that hard to get to 3 mana so the cmc is a moot point except against D&T in which case it can be bad, but we have enough filter that getting to 3 mana while difficult is still possible.

Quote Originally Posted by BKclassic View Post
    I decided to further test Fire/Ice, I ran this build through 2 dailies:

4 Misty Rainforest
    4 Scalding Tarn
    3 Tropical Island
    3 Volcanic Island
    4 Wasteland

4 Delver of Secrets
    4 Nimble Mongoose
    4 Tarmogoyf

4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder

4 Lightning Bolt
    3 Fire/Ice

3 Spell Pierce
    4 Stifle
    4 Daze
    4 Force of Will

3 Submerge
    3 Pyroblast
    2 Rought/Tumble
    2 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Spell Pierce
    1 Surgical Extraction
    1 Sulfuric Vortex
    1 Ancient Grudge
    1 Destructive Revelry

daily #1 (3-1)
    2-1 Urb Delver
    2-0 ANT
    2-1 Lands
    1-2 UWb Stoneblade

daily #2 (4-0)
    2-1 UG Infect
    2-1 Urw Delver
    2-0 Shardless BUG
    2-0 Elves

So heretofore I have been digging Gitaxian Probe as a way to improve the consitency of the deck. Probe does this by informing us what our opponent is playing and letting us play around it and by helping accelerate Nimble Mongoose to threshold by being a free cantrip. The only problem is that we end up seeing a lot more cards, and since the deck runs more lands than anything else, it is easy to mana flood. Each draw step that is a land when we need action is obviously quite painful.

Fire/Ice improves the consistency of the deck in big way, but does so at a different end of the spectrum than Gitaxian Probe. One of my favorite things about Fire/Ice is that it gives the deck more to do with its mana, so having 3 or 4 lands in play isn't nearly as punishing as in a Probe build. It can tap down Gurmang Angler/Tasigur, deal with Young Pyromancer plus token, and can be pitched to Force of Will. In many match ups, all of our opponents threats have to be killed ASAP, running 7 burn spells certainly increases our chances of being able to keep up in these situations. This upside comes with trade-off that Fire/Ice cost 2 mana. However, this issue is mitigated by fact that Ice can be pitched to FoW, since we can just Force the threat instead of paying the mana to kill it with Fire.

In my matches, I was able to manage Fire costing 2. I didn't get a chance to tap Marit Lage tokens, but I did pitch Ice to Force of Will a bunch times. Therefore I am rather bullish on the card. I think the downsides of Fire/Ice are managable, and the card obviously bring a lot of upside, so I will continue to experiment with them.
    I personally really like the idea of running a flex spot configuration of 2 fire/ice + 2 forked bolt + 2 snare. I think this could be a very good direction for the deck going forward since it maximizes on removal and the ice effect could really help push through that last bit of damage. In the scenario where we have goose + goyf or Delver + goyf and they have a goyf our ice now turns into 7dmg draw a card. Pierce I would almost say is one of our worst counterspells when it comes to looking at combo match ups. The only match up where pierce excels over snare is SnT which at least in my meta has been on a decline. Snare is as good if not better against ANT and Elves I would say. The other thing postboard SnT is a cake walk with some number of pyroblasts, flusterstorms, Vendilion, envelop etc.

Quote Originally Posted by starfox444 View Post
    I'm learning to play RUG at the moment and I was doing a bit of browsing and read this discussion. Coming from the elves side of the table, this advice is 100% correct in my experience :)

From the elf side; No pressure, no problem! Elves has inevitability. At least one of a grindy dumbo (ooze/packmaster) will be in most American based main decks or you just get ground out via glimpse or bff w/ no access to rough tumble game 1 to recoup the lost cards. Postboard games have more depth, but the overarching point is still the same.
    I just was talking to a really good elves player about this match up and what he thought from his point of view were the best cards to switch out. One thing he did bring up was Vendilion Clique which was a card I never thought about bringing in really. I dismissed it as being too high cmc, but he made the argument of the match up being threat dependent and it adding 25% win percentage just based on the fact that it has wings. He also made the point that there's no worse feeling for an elf player than breaking up their late game grinding engine BFF Team with a Clique another point I never thought of.

Cash Money Baller
    Nov 2007
    Maine

@Vandalize,
    -I didn't notice your post before, but where I ended up on the 3 Goyf 3 Probe 3 Stifle build was with the 4th Goyf in the SB. Obviously your results will very by meta, but I think Goyf is the best creature to have in the SB for a few reasons.
    -I find Sulfur Elemental ends up being pretty dubious in practice. For instance, it can't even attack when Stoneforge Mystic is in play, and you never know when a Miracles player will be on the Stoneforge package games 2 and 3. Obviously the card can be effective against D'n'T, but Pithing Needle or additional burn can do the same work for much less mana, and Tarmogoyf is the better creature against everything except graveyard hate.
    -Vendilion Clique is pretty good but not my favorite. Clique does a lot of the same as Sulfuric Vortex, namely securing the final few points of damage against a clogged board, typically against slow blue decks. Vortex also can be good against combo decks like Clique, I definitely bring it in against anything with Griselbrand. While Clique can be good against combo, a 3 mana answer is less preferable to me than more Spell Pierces and Flusterstorms.
    -However, I do realize that if you cut Clique and Sulfur Elemental for something like Tarmogoyf and Pithing Needle, you are going to be a bit light for cards against combo. I realized that I was playing 3 Probes main deck with a copy of Tarmogoyf, Spell Pierce and a Tarfire in the sideboard. It seemed like I was wasting slots, and that is how I ended up putting the 4th Goyf back in the main deck and cutting Gitaxian Probe to fit 3 Fire/Ice, with Fire/Ice providing a similar kind of consistency as Probe. I'm not necessarily on that plan forever, but that is how I ended up where I am now.

How is RUG in the meta right now? It seems to be putting up less positive results that I might expect or wish, from what I can see, although it obviously is still present.

I'm coming from the perspective of a TNT storm player who wants to have some sort of delver deck as a second deck for when the meta is more hostile to storm. Is RUG delver positioned will at the moment?

Cash Money Baller
    Nov 2007
    Maine

@bac5665
    RUG Delver is an extremely skill dependent deck, but that most match ups are winnable if you know the match up better than your opponent. RUG is an ideal deck in metagames where Nimble Mongoose is good.
    To go through the metagame:
    UWR Miracles: Favorable- Nimble Mongoose is a fantastic threat, you want to be winning this one.
    Grixis/BURG Delver: Favorable- You will need to manage Gurmang Angler and Tasigur, but Nimble Mongoose and Tarmogoyf outclass the rest of their threats.
    ANT: This is going to come down to skill and constructing your deck the right way. It can be favorable.
    BUG Delver: This match up can be pretty dubious since DRS basically out classes Nimble Mongoose and they can kill our Tarmogoyfs with Abrupt Decay. You should still be able to pull out wins when they don't draw perfectly.
    Omnitell: Same as ANT, skill intensive, winnable if you construct your deck the right way.
    Infect: Favorable, our threats are typically better, Submerge and Rough are quite good out of the board.
    UWR Delver: Favorable, Mongoose is quite good here as long RIP doesn't resolve. More Stoneblade like versions with Young Pyromancer are definitely harder to beat.
    Elves: Tons of removal post board, this should be favorable.
    Shardless BUG: Favorable, slower and more susceptible to Stifle than BUG Delver.

Mar 2010
    Philippines

upon playtesting last weekend..im sold to bringing back 4 stifles... i ran 3 the past months..and vs combo..tricolor decks..the gameplan is still to consistently deny mana..and make our dazes and pierces function still mid part.
    Poxy14 ALTERED CARDS:
    https://www.facebook.com/earlgrant.deleon
    Commission Status: FULL!!! Commission Line to open: 2019

Quote Originally Posted by BKclassic View Post
    @bac5665
    RUG Delver is an extremely skill dependent deck, but that most match ups are winnable if you know the match up better than your opponent. RUG is an ideal deck in metagames where Nimble Mongoose is good.
    To go through the metagame:
    UWR Miracles: Favorable- Nimble Mongoose is a fantastic threat, you want to be winning this one.
    Grixis/BURG Delver: Favorable- You will need to manage Gurmang Angler and Tasigur, but Nimble Mongoose and Tarmogoyf outclass the rest of their threats.
    ANT: This is going to come down to skill and constructing your deck the right way. It can be favorable.
    BUG Delver: This match up can be pretty dubious since DRS basically out classes Nimble Mongoose and they can kill our Tarmogoyfs with Abrupt Decay. You should still be able to pull out wins when they don't draw perfectly.
    Omnitell: Same as ANT, skill intensive, winnable if you construct your deck the right way.
    Infect: Favorable, our threats are typically better, Submerge and Rough are quite good out of the board.
    UWR Delver: Favorable, Mongoose is quite good here as long RIP doesn't resolve. More Stoneblade like versions with Young Pyromancer are definitely harder to beat.
    Elves: Tons of removal post board, this should be favorable.
    Shardless BUG: Favorable, slower and more susceptible to Stifle than BUG Delver.
    Cool.

If RUG is in a good place right now, why do you think it isn't performing as well currently? Luck? The more skilled pilots playing different decks?

Mar 2010
    Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by bac5665 View Post
    Cool.

If RUG is in a good place right now, why do you think it isn't performing as well currently? Luck? The more skilled pilots playing different decks?
    it still is doin good! check tcdecks.net and it's been putting good numbers still.. well, treasure cruise did put a great effect vs this archetype..ive had RUG friends who transferred to grixis tempo..burg and bug after tc got banned..i got myself playing infect when tc is still good..now im back to picking this deck back coz it's well positioned in the current meta of combos and greedy mana bases.
    Poxy14 ALTERED CARDS:
    https://www.facebook.com/earlgrant.deleon
    Commission Status: FULL!!! Commission Line to open: 2019

Thread Information