Any reasons to diversify fetchlands besides Pithing Needle effects?

Yes, I guess being needled out of your fetches is tough, but I think the best configuration is 4x Wooded Foothills paired with 4x Flooded Strand. Both fetches can find all the fetchables, so there is no problem there. I think it provides a strategic advantage. Being able to bluff being on a non-stifle deck turn 1 can trick an opponent into over-extending into a stifle.

Say your on the play game one. Your hand is two Flooded Strands, a Goyf, a Stifle, and some counterspells. It’s a keepable hand, if a little slow. If you lead with Flooded Strand go, the opponent will probably put you on miracles/stoneblade. They will not expect a stifle. The same goes for foothills. The fact that foothills isn’t even a blue fetch removes any thought of turn one stifle.

Non-Stifle Decks that a turn 1 Flooded Strand or Wooded Foothills could be:
— Miracles
— Stoneblade
— Lands
— Jund
— Sneak and Show
— Punishing Maverick
— High Tide

Generally, from a Delver deck, people are going to expect a turn one play. Most of the time you will have it. But, the possible equity from tricking someone into a stifled fetch out weighs the possible equity of dodging a needles fetch. Also, this situation seems to come up more often.

So, I pose the question: Why diversify when you can hedge a possible cheeky play?

P.S. — I like the look of old bordered cards, and I can play all Onslaught fetches. :)