Page 146 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146
Results 2,901 to 2,905 of 2905

Thread: [Deck] Canadian Threshold (aka RUG Delver, Tempo Thresh)

[Deck] Canadian Threshold (aka RUG Delver, Tempo Thresh)

I think the tension is smaller than you think. Drinker is totally fine as Savanna Lion should you have winter orb in play. Iím curious how Goose turn out. This is what iíve run:

Deck: Legacy Delver Noble RUG

Counts : 60 main / 15 sideboard

Creatures:12
    4 Delver of Secrets
    2 Hexdrinker
    4 Noble Hierarch
    1 Brazen Borrower // Petty Theft
    1 Hooting Mandrills

Spells:30
    4 Brainstorm
    1 Chain Lightning
    4 Lightning Bolt
    4 Ponder
    2 Spell Pierce
    2 Spell Snare
    4 Daze
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Winter Orb
    1 Force of Negation
    2 Oko, Thief of Crowns
    4 Force of Will

Lands:18
    4 Flooded Strand
    4 Misty Rainforest
    3 Tropical Island
    3 Volcanic Island
    4 Wasteland

Sideboard:15
    1 Brazen Borrower // Petty Theft
    2 Blazing Volley
    2 Grafdigger's Cage
    3 Pyroblast
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Veil of Summer
    2 Abrade
    1 Null Rod
    1 Winter Orb

Sep 2011
    Honolulu, HI

Re: [Deck] Canadian Threshold (aka RUG Delver, Tempo Thresh)

Once the deck starts running Noble Heirarch, it does not want Delver of Secrets and vice versa. Noble is best with Stoneforge Mystic and other creature cards, Delver needs a higher instant/sorcery count to work.

For that reason, outside of Oko and creatures, you don't want to run any non-instant or sorcery cards main deck. Your main deck should be 9-13 creatures, 18 lands, and 2 Oko, so you have 27-31 instant/sorceries for a good chance to flip Delver.

I also think this deck wants Tarmogoyf. And Stifle. Stifle fits the Daze/Wasteland plan well and protects our fragile 18 land.
    "Never argue with a fool, people might not know the difference."

Cash Money Baller
    Nov 2007
    Maine

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Wizard View Post
    Once the deck starts running Noble Heirarch, it does not want Delver of Secrets and vice versa. Noble is best with Stoneforge Mystic and other creature cards, Delver needs a higher instant/sorcery count to work.
    I definitely agree. I don't know if people want to talk about a Delver-less build in this thread but this is what I have been trying lightly:

1 Dryad Arbor
    3 Grove of the Burnwillows
    4 Misty Rainforest
    3 Wooded Foothills
    3 Tropical Island
    3 Volcanic Island
    4 Wasteland

4 Noble Hierarch
    2 Tarmogoyf
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Ramanup Excavator
    1 Tireless Tribe

4 Lightning Bolt
    3 Punishing Fire

4 Oko, Thief of Crowns

4 Brainstorm
    3 Ponder
    3 Green Sun's Zenith

3 Daze
    2 Force of Negation
    4 Force of Will

Sideboard:
    1 Collector Ouphe
    2 Reclemation Sage
    2 Veil of Summer
    3 Pyroblast
    2 Flusterstorm
    3 Grafdigger's Cage
    2 Surgical Extraction

After the Wrenn and Six banning, I started by trying to run Punishing Fire in Delver builds for more grinding power against these UWx Snow decks. It kind of worked but Delver just doesn't go great with Grove/Punishing Fire. So I tried some durdley snow RUG builds with Astrolabe, Ice-Fang Coatl and Punishing Fire. They weren't great. I then tried some of the NO RUG builds that have had some results online of late. That deck sort of works well but kind of needs to commit to being a snow deck or not.

Regarding this deck, I just think Noble Hierarch is the superior tempo card compared to Delver of Secrets. Cranking out Oko's is where you want to be and Veil of Summer means that permanent based answers are ideal, which invites Green Sun's Zenith. You could run Natural Order in a build like this but consider the upside of Natural Order versus UWx Snow, Death and Taxes and Delver. Natural Order is sort of better against Death and Taxes but terrible against the other two and Punishing Fire is great against all three.

Regarding the Green Sun's Zenith Package, Tireless tribe is awesome. I kind of want to just run 3 Tarmogoyf and 2 Tireless Tribe. I've been running Scavenging Ooze because I see everyone else doing it but I think Collector Ouphe is the more actionable MD hate card. Still finessing the numbers and the sideboard.
    Shameless plug for my legacy MODO recordings. It's mostly tempo.

Hymn-Slinger
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by BKclassic View Post
    I then tried some of the NO RUG builds that have had some results online of late. That deck sort of works well but kind of needs to commit to being a snow deck or not.
    Word on the street is that Bahra has had some good results of late with his build of NO RUG, but I don't know what it is exactly and haven't seen it myself.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    óKaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

[Deck] Canadian Threshold (aka RUG Delver, Tempo Thresh)

Came second in our local legacy leagues season finals with this 2020 version of canadian.
    Next up iím gonna try the grixis tech of drawspell plus mystic sanctuary. The draw card of choice will obviously be Tragic Lesson.

https://mtgdecks.net/Legacy/legacy-l...urnament-60364

Some back story om the build.

Iíve been running noble RUG before W&6 with tnn. After W&6 ban hierarch felt very powerful to gain early tempo advantage. I really liked how the extra mana-sources had synergies with mana intensive cards such as Oko and Hexdrinker and also with the Ēhold up mana packageĒ of pierce, snare, stifle, reb, veil.

However Nobel hierarch took a threat slot and sometimes iíd feel too threat light. So the last weeks i went up to 14 threats:
    4 delver +2 hexdrinkers
    3-4 Goyf
    2-3 Oko
    0-1 borrower
    And up to 20 lands of which two were canopy lands that can prevent flooding.
    Last edited by JackaBo; 02-13-2020 at 10:40 AM.

Thread Information