Page 2 of 147 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] Canadian Threshold (aka RUG Delver, Tempo Thresh)

Re: [Deck] Canadian Threshold (aka RUG Delver, Tempo Thresh)

Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    Man, the moment I read this I said to myself "I guess he's going to advice Gilded Drake, and really, I'd love to have exactly that card when my WB opponent played Tombstalker!" :smile:
    But I guess Echoing Truth might work too. My only concern is that it returns alll the Goyfs, etc. and sometimes this might be disadvantage.

I've thought about Compost before. My only trouble with the card is that you really want it asap, so that it gives you CA. As such, it needs to be played in multiples and I'm not sure if there's enough space.
    Echoing Truth and esp. Chain of Vapor may backfire. I'm not sure if it's reasonable (cmc3 spells need to do a lot to be played), but maybe Wipe Away or Rushing River again?
    Gilded Drake is way to much narrow and conditionnal. I dont advise for it unless Sneak-Show, Reanimator and other Big cheated creature are the rules in your meta :p

As said, Compost at first sight it is a great card against black, but it is really that strong to take 2 or 3 sideboard slot ? I dont know yet, but I'm working on it ;)

Wipe Away were initially put in place of Echoing Truth because of Split Second, but being a 3 cmc 1UU is a big drawback. This is why I moved to Chain of Vapor and Echoing Truth, both do a good job, sometime tricky when cast in answer to Liliana ability or other right timed play :) Returning all instance is exactly why I think Echoing Truth is the way to go : Miracles, Dredge and Batterskull get the hit. Chain of Vapor give a too big edge by allowing our opponent to sacrifice a land and use it back against us (because our opponent usually have way more land than us).

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Hello Zeph, thanks for an interesting report, congratulation on your result.
    I wouldn't call Spell Pierce a dead weight. The card has its applications, and even though it didn't serve you well, it works against lots of usual cards in Legacy, be it FoW, Liliana, Terminus, Bolt, Swords, Top or any other threat that Snare cannot hit.

Well, markkugel, my main trouble with Echoing Truth is that it may be bad in Goyf stalls, where we don't want to return our own Goyf. I'm cosidering Vapor Snag, but that card is strange, moreover it can't hit Liliana, Chalice, Jace or any other annoying permanent we need to get rid of.
    I am very interested in your test results with the aforementioned cards!

Rob Rogers
    Dec 2007
    Wareham, MA

Played in a 77 person dual land tournament yesterday, I went 0-2 drop. Played against the mirror in round 1 where I won game 1, lost a close game 2 when he double Bolted me for exactsies the turn before I killed him. Then he crushed me game 3 after countering and killing a Goose Goyf and Delver :(. Round 2 was against Death and Taxes, I won game 1 easily but he won a close game 2 and Wasted me out game 3. In that third game an interesting line came up where he had a Waste and Plains to my Volcanic. On my turn I could either Ponder for a Land or hold up Stifle without advancing my board at all, I went for the Ponder and saw 3 Geese, shuffled, and didn't get another land for like 4 turns and died. I would like opinions on situations like this one, as it turns out I would have lost anyways drawing 3 straight Geese with no way to cast them but it doesn't mean I took the correct line.

I did however win a single elimination side event for a Tropical Island, beating the mirror 2-0, once when he had a triple Delver draw. I also beat Sneak and Show 2-0 and Goblins 2-0 so overall it was a good day going 8-4 in games. Here's the list I ran-

//LANDS-18
    4 Wasteland
    3 Tropical Island
    3 Volcanic Island
    3 Flooded Strand
    2 Wooded Foothills
    2 Scalding Tarn
    1 Polluted Delta

//CREATURES-12
    4 Nimble Mongoose
    4 Delver of Secrets
    4 Tarmogoyf

//COUNTERS-16
    4 Force of Will
    4 Daze
    4 Stifle
    3 Spell Pierce
    1 Spell Snare

//CANTRIPS-8
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder

//REMOVAL-6
    4 Lightning Bolt
    1 Forked Bolt
    1 Dismember

//SIDEBOARD-15
    2 Pyroblast
    2 Red Elemental Blast
    3 Rough // Tumble
    3 Submerge
    2 Ancient Grudge
    2 Flusterstorm
    1 Pithing Needle

The list felt solid all day but the Snare got boarded out a lot and the only time I drew Dismember I was at 5 life vs. the mirror so I never casted it. I think another Forked Bolt in that slot would be better. Pierce was great all day and the 3 Rough turned out to be a great meta call as there was Elves and D&T everywhere, with some Merfolk, Goblins, and Dredge mixed in as well.
    Team Hammafist-We don't take kindly to those who don't take kindly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jander78 View Post
    You still have to appreciate a well timed "fuck yall niggas" though.
    Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    WotC should either stop printing such good blue creatures or start printing more Hammerfist Giants
    "Got any trade boogas?"

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Good job, congrats on your new Tropical Island.

I feel like thre's nothing missing. The 2/2 Spell Pierce/Snare split I used is good for an unknown metagame (and as I was to zero 40+ ppl tournaments for well over a year, this was a complete blind call). Three Pierces must work wonders in combo/control field.
    I'm not really fond of zero graveyard hate. Also one and only Needle might be wrong, but this depends on your play style. I love to play two, as there are matchups (like DnT, Top.dec or anything with Lili/Deed) where you want it asap. Also, I'm surprised you completely resigned on Cage. I know that three Roughs may be enough, but I'd be afraid that Elves may go crazy if left unchecked for turn or two: GSZ and NO are real cards.
    I won't offer you any special opinion on Dismember. It's good when it's good, but other times... it's not good. I guess you needed it as with only one Snare, Goyfs and Germs might sneak into play. I never really liked it, as the life loss hurts and there's not enough versatility other than the fact that it's the only removal playable by Wasteland. (Ok, and it kills Tombstalker...)
    How the four Blasts served you? It's quite an overkill, and if it's for TNN and CB, I'd be interested in your boarding plans.

Oh, and on your question: I'd also Ponder. You can't afford sit there doing nothing.

RUG Doctor
    Dec 2012
    Birmingham, AL

I've actually tried Compost a couple times. Wasn't a fan. I'd rather just Spell Pierce discard spells or Brainstorm the good stuff to the top.

One main deck Echoing Truth seems like a reasonable thing to test. Not liking Chain of Vapor very much. Getting flipped Delvers bounced in return makes me sad.
    Pizza, beer, and Canadian Thresh.
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    It also paves the way for one of my favorite tautologous Magic cards -- Cavalry Master! "Other creatures you control with flanking have flanking." OF COURSE THEY DO

Mar 2010
    Philippines

1st place yesterday (14 man tourney) (4-0) with TAR-RUG-Oh (tarfires and tarmogoyfs!)
    won me my last Burning Wish for my belcher deck and some BotG packs (crap expansion!)

MD = 2 pierce, 1 snare, 2 tarfires, 4 goyfs, 3 mongoose, 1 TNN......rest is standard
    SB =
    1 envelop (snt heavy meta)
    1 surgical (dropped grafs as i was expecting no elves in the room)
    1 v.cliq (interchangeable with sulfur but saw no white deck inside
    3 rebs
    1 pierce
    2 submerges
    1 grudge
    1 revelry
    2 roughs
    1 snare
    1 needle
    ....i'll change this still, this is the fun part in RUG! constructing weapons in the sb's....

round 1 (2-0 vs monogreen stompy)
    turn 1 he dropped a nettle sentinel, and blamed myself why did i bench those forked bolts......well upon dropping a rancor next turn, i knew it was a different deck...
    goyfs are wall vs this deck, and with delvers flying everywhere, it was an easy victory...

round 2 (2-0 vs ANT)
    managed to stifle his fetches, wasted brass and any land that hits the floor, so my pierce and daze are of more value when i needed to counter..
    benched goose and goyfs/delver finished him off 2 games...

round 3 (2-1 vs UWR Patriot)
    conceded G1, opponent down to 5 but managed to resolve a batterskull in which i have no answer.... now im gonna call my destroyers...

G2 was an exciting race, he never drew RIP and goyfs came a bit late to do the work, but facing 2 delvers, i was running out of life...fortunately my opponent misplayed by attacking a flipped and an unflipped insect...i traded my unflipped delver to the unflipped one..he should have waited for it to flip next turn... few more turns 2 goyfs would seal the deal so his lone delver stayed home and blocked, he drew a bolt and im down to 1 but that was it...

G3 mulled to 6, kept 2 lands, goose, goose, goyf, goyf.....was a grindy match once again as he never drew counters to my burn, killing every delver and sfm that landed, he managed to resolve an RIP, gladly i wasnt able to cast goyfs yet and with a brainstorm, i flushed em out, instead drawing more answers....reb's his tnn, and on 4 lands with a misty he cracked it, i knew it was batterskull...i stifle, he countered, he fowd making him down to 1 that turn, but i still have another stifle on hand and im into the finals! last cards in my hand are grudge, tarfire, stifle, stifle.....sick!

finals vs fellow teamate kitz (2-1 monoU omnitell)
    lost g1 where i kept a good hand with lots of cantrips, but never drew answers to SHOW....
    g2 boarded out all my stifles as i didnt see any fetches, bolts and delvers made a fast clock.....this is when i saw 2 mistyRF that he cracked : (
    g3 out bolts, back in 4 stifles......at just 2 lands i was able to counter 4 times...i have 2 delvers opening hand but didnt bother to drop em and play a more conservative approach on this one...when he's bout to go off he casted SHOW, i enveloped, he pierced (1 mana available) i pierced back (no more manas for me), he swansonged, i dazed (not targetting swansong of course!) he fowed, i dazed once more!...2 more turns and my delvers ravaged the skies with a new friend beside them...a swan song token!

amazing day it is! careful planning and tight plays makes for a successful run that very day. til then!
    Poxy14 ALTERED CARDS:
    https://www.facebook.com/earlgrant.deleon
    Commission Status: FULL!!! Commission Line to open: 2019

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Congratulations Poxy! Well played.
    The only thing that surprises me is that you didn't even try to play at least one Delver, but knowing how hard SnT might be, and reading the part that confirms it, I guess it was a right call, esp. when you were on the draw. Btw, are the Bolts necessary? I'd never side out Stifle against any blue deck, because even if I saw no fetches g1, I'd expect the opponent to play at least few of them just because of Brainstorm. (Merfolk are a different animal, yet that's where you need to protect your lands.) Also, it feeds FoW. But then again every Bolt may be a small Time Walk. IDK.

So I've been a bit MIA lately because of 7 day work week something I'm more than glad to be done with. Now on to further matters of importance I did take RUG delver to SCG Seattle (or SCG Tacoma as a lot of locals think of it) and piloted the deck to a meager 5/4. The only thing that really bugged me was out of my eight rounds I only got to be on the play once. I lost 7 die rolls all calling high roll might need to switch to even/odd for a while or new dice hahaha Anyways on to the actual report.

Main Deck
    54 core RUG
    4 chain lightning
    2 spell pierce

Sideboard
    3 submerge
    3 pyroblast
    2 price of progress
    2 rough and tumble
    1 vendilion clique
    1 grafdigger's cage
    1 ancient grudge
    1 flusterstorm
    1 sulfur elemental

Round 1 Huey Jensen Sneak Attack 2/1
    By far the highlight of the day. Game 1 I was on the draw and kept an ok hand against fair and midrange decks, but not so good against combo. He quickly resolved a turn 2 emrakul and we moved to game 2. Game 2 I played conservatively the first few turns followed by I think a turn 3 tarmogoyf. Then another tarmogoyf found it's way onto the field and that was that. Game 3 I had the solid single delver hand with all the counter magic just what we want to see.

Round 2 UW Miracles 2/0
    Usually a very interesting match up that people have different views about being 50/50 or worse. Game 1 I road a goose to victory or at least within bolt range. Once he was in bolt range I had 3 bolts in hand fired the first two off which met force and counterspell finally the third made it hahaha. Game 2 was really funny. I had another goose out turn 1 and spent turns 2 - 3 sculpting my hand with brainstorm and ponder. Finally on his turn 5 he goes for a terminus with UUU fetch up I sit their with stifles in hand. One stifle goes for the terminus and gets hit by a counterspell. The second goes for the fetch when he tries to resolve the spell and is met with a force finally the third puts his miserable fetch out of it's misery and indirectly his terminus as well. Goose continued the beat down path and was joined by Goyf for the win.

Round 3 Omnitell 2/1 (table 1 a first for me )
    Game one I had a goose win me the game again or at least carry me halfway there. The goose got him to 11 and then I dropped a goyf and a delver because I was running of countermagic. Luckily I made it another turn and had the bolt for a total 11 point swing. Game 2 was much worse I kept an ok hand, but lost fairly fast with him having force and pact of negation as countermagic back up sometimes they just have it. Game 3 I had a single delver hand again something that is just so appealing. On the other hand a defense grid made it much less appealing. I slowly beat him over the head with the delver and quickly added a tarmogoyf at which point he cunning wished and took a long time eventually settling on echoing truth. This led me to think he was still looking for at least one combo piece giving me hope. He passed I swung then he used echoing truth on the goyf which I was ok with since second main phase a vendilion clique landed the table. His hand revealed Show & Tell, Enter the infinite, force of will, and show and tell quickly was sent to the bottom of the library. Next turn vendilion clique and delver swung for the fences for the win. We talked after the match and his other option was to cunning wish for intuition which would get him there if he top decked another land or if I didn't have another threat. It was definitely and interesting decision tree that was also more complex by him losing if I had bolt

Round 4 Punishing Jund 1/2
    The first bad match up of the day, but still not horrible. Game 1 he had a solid turn one thoughseize after my mulligan to six. I played a land and passed or something like that. This is bad but not horrible the back breaking card was hymn hitting both my fetch and brainstorm in hand *sigh*. That left me with Force and an unplayable goose. Game 2 was much better I had a goose lead me to victory with stifles and wastelands flying everywhere just the type of game I want against jund. Game 3 he had a really good start with deathrite, goyf and Lilyana with a hymn in there somewhere as well. I was on the back peddle too much and the crucial point where I could submerge goyf with a daze to counter it he had the thoughtsieze and picked daze. He didn't know I had a waste and submerge on top of my deck from ponder making it a live counterspell.

Round 5 BUG Delver Tempo (stifles) 2/1
    Game 1 he won with a goyf + tombstalker combo something RUG has no way to come back from. In addition he also had an early stifle which caught me off guard, but I should have realized when he fetched for trop and played deathrite. Game 2 with me on the play I had a double wasteland and stifle hand which he scooped to shortly after turn 3 or 4 I think. Game 3 was much closer and price of progress actually won me it dealing 4 damage to the head after a slew of delver beats.

Round 6 Imperial Painter 0/2
    This is one of the few combo decks I don't want to face. My opponent was a friend from my local game store and we both knew each others deck and the match up. This was also the only match up where chain lightning's chance of being thrown back at me became relevant. Game one he had a blood moon followed by an ensnaring bridge which sealed the deal. Game 2 he ate away at my counterspells with multiple early blood moons and finally got his comb off. Overall this match up just seems so bad they have 6 main deck blood moons, 6 force of will (8 after sb), some number of ensnaring bridges and their actual combo on top of that.

Round 7 Blast Canon, Big Red, etc 0/2
    He was on the play and led with sandstone needle. This immediately screamed through the breach or other shenanigans so I played conservatively. He had a turn 2 lotus petal + seething song into sneak attack playing around my spell pierce I left up. After that he got a griselbrand into play drew 21 cards and that was that. Game 2 he just had the nuts with something like 4 must answer spells that he just fired turn after turn and wore me down with.

Round 8 Belcher 2/0
    By far the easiest match up all day. Game 1 I naturally had the force in my opener. Game 2 my opener was something along the lines of force, daze, stifle, vendilion clique, brainstorm, ponder and tropical island. The best part was when he used gitaxian probe and saw my hand at which point he was seriously disappointed hahaha.

Round 9 manaless dredge 0/2
    At this point I was happy I thought well 5/3 I'm still in prize contention to make my money back. When I sat down and realized what I was playing against after watching him beat one of my other friends my hopes were gone. Once again manaless dredge reared it's ugly face my way . Game 1 he had griselbrand turn 3 after a cabal therapy revealing nothing relevant seeing as he was able to dread return twice via multiple zombies from narcomoeba and ichorid. Game 2 was pretty much the same thing with 3 therapies able to rip my graffdiger's cage from my hand that I found turn 2. He dredged exactly into the third therapy he needed to get through my daze and force. After playing against this deck at two different tournaments instead of facing it I've decided to just work on avoiding the x/3 bracket all together. Anything short of graffdigger's cage and we lose to this deck seeing as they can slowly amass an army of zombies and or combo off.

Overall the deck performed great to at least what I think a 5/2 finish as manaless dredge loses to so many other decks in the format it shouldn't be around and imperial painter being more of a fringe deck. Don't get me wrong though imperial painter is really competitive just not something you see everyday I mean who really wants to play mono red in legacy that's just boring. The eight bolt configuration was great it made my miracles match up a lot easier and the bug delver (tempo) easier as well. As for the sideboard I think this eight bolt plan wants something more like 2 destructive revelry in the sideboard. Aside from doing another 2 damage revelry also gives us more outs to counterbalance and allows for an out to rest in peace. We already have eight bolts main so I don't think we need 2 roughs probably 1 one would suffice. Against elves we have submerges, merfolk pyroblasts. The only match up I think we need two roughs against is d&T, but we also have sulfur elemental. By having something like 8 - 11 spot removal and 1 board wipe all those match ups seem favorable.
    On another note 6 of the people from my local gamestore made top 8 which made me happy (and makes me feel a bit better about only going 3/1 every other week if that). It definitely seems like the eight bolt plan is worth exploring more I mean it allows for some serious blow outs by just having another 3 or 6 points of burn to the face. Eight bolts also makes it nearly impossible for a deathrite to make it pass turn 1 and more removal for other pesky creatures. Anyways the next big tournament is a ptq side event coming up in three weeks I think I'll play this just with a slightly different sideboard probably with destructive revelry.

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Hello Contract Killer, thanks for the report!

It surprises me how few slots people devote to the grave/Elves combined hate. After I've had my butt delivered back to me some two months ago - round1 Dredge, round2 Elves -, I decided I'll never leave my place without some protection. Nice thing is that Cage works against one DTB (Elves), one very annoying strategy (grave decks) and it's a good splash hate against PiF based combo.

Interesting how the 8-Lightning plan worked for you. With Delver being already fragile enough, I still can't force myself to try it. Also, I had lots and lots of success with Forked Bolt, I'd love to up the count somehow to three of them. Other than Serra Avenger, there isn't any x/3 creature I'd know and care about, and as long as I use my burn mostly as removal, I think I'll stay away from Chain Lightning.

The only one he ever feared
    Oct 2009
    Sweden's Jerusalem

Primer in OP updated with a section about inevitability and roles. More to come, stay tuned!
    Currently playing:

Canadian Threshold Primer!
    Team America

My blog about Legacy, limited, EDH and stuff!

Mar 2010
    Philippines

The only thing that surprises me is that you didn't even try to play at least one Delver, but knowing how hard SnT might be, and reading the part that confirms it, I guess it was a right call, esp. when you were on the draw. Btw, are the Bolts necessary? I'd never side out Stifle against any blue deck, because even if I saw no fetches g1, I'd expect the opponent to play at least few of them just because of Brainstorm. (Merfolk are a different animal, yet that's where you need to protect your lands.) Also, it feeds FoW. But then again every Bolt may be a small Time Walk. IDK.
    Thanks my friend, yup being on the draw without any daze that moment, i can already see himself go offturn two, that,s why i shifted to a more consrvative approach..patience did pay off..i also thought of havin them bolts would increase my clock, knowing he wasnt fetching anything...and did put back the necessary adjustments come final game by goin back to stifles..
    Poxy14 ALTERED CARDS:

@Bed Decks

It's not quite the same as running a third FB in the main, but, as an option, there are a number of lists on tcdecks that placed pretty high that run 1-2 FB main and a remaining 1-3 FB in the side. The 6 flex spots tend eschew Spell Snare for a mixture of Spell Pierce, Gitaxian Probe, and Forked Bolt in these lists.

Maybe 2 Spell Pierce, 1 Spell Snare, 3 Forked Bolt would work?

Mar 2010
    Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by carefulmug View Post
    @Bed Decks
    Maybe 2 Spell Pierce, 1 Spell Snare, 3 Forked Bolt would work?
    my burn list last sunday was 4 bolts / 2 tarfires / 1 f/ice with 2 pierce/1 snare... AND IT WORKED!
    im a real fan of forked bolts, but my tweak was purely a meta call... we have scouted well that day, that there were no green or white armies present..
    im also liking the lone snare MD and 1 more copy in the side lately.... i tried Bedecks list and put back those snares to battle burning wish, infernals, grids... again, the meta was scouted as unfair... yet 2 junks appeared (fair) (glad i didnt face any) so snare was a good inclusion that very day.
    Poxy14 ALTERED CARDS:

Quote Originally Posted by HammafistRoob View Post
    In that third game an interesting line came up where he had a Waste and Plains to my Volcanic. On my turn I could either Ponder for a Land or hold up Stifle without advancing my board at all, I went for the Ponder and saw 3 Geese, shuffled, and didn't get another land for like 4 turns and died. I would like opinions on situations like this one, as it turns out I would have lost anyways drawing 3 straight Geese with no way to cast them but it doesn't mean I took the correct line.
    Personally I think you took the correct line. It's a sketchy situation at best one of those damned if you damned if you don't. D&T has the luxury of also possibly having rishadan port which makes leaving up stifle bad. You can risk doing nothing while giving them time to advance their board state. They have inevitability in destroying your land the best thing you can do is find more land and try to progress your board state. Same thing against something like jund if you pass they could have some discard which would also make stifle bad.

Interesting how the 8-Lightning plan worked for you. With Delver being already fragile enough, I still can't force myself to try it. Also, I had lots and lots of success with Forked Bolt, I'd love to up the count somehow to three of them. Other than Serra Avenger, there isn't any x/3 creature I'd know and care about, and as long as I use my burn mostly as removal, I think I'll stay away from Chain Lightning.
    See forked bolt has never done anything for me that chain lightning couldn't do. The one damage it shoots to the head is very marginal and I've never gotten a two for one with it. Elves always has a symbiote out it seems like and I only net that while the other x/1 is bounced. Death & Taxes I always want to fire it off against their turn 1 mother and after that the other creatures they play sfm, thalia, flickerwisp etc are all going to be coming one at a time. The first two you really don't want to let them untap with and the third should be killed to let the skies be clear for our delvers. Chain lightning on the other hand gives us more reach for the fair match ups that we're not favored in. We all agree that game one against combo isn't nearly as important as game one against fair decks. Combo is so much easier for us to beat and chain lightnings make the other fair match ups so much better by having increased reach.

As for beating TNN I seriously think our best bet it to just go over the top with bolts. In the sideboard we have tools in price of progress and pyroblast. We are the fastest tempo deck and can out race UWR delver and BUG delver why not just jam price? Both of those decks play TNN and both extend consistently to 3 - 5 lands leading to an easy 6 - 10 damage we can aim at their head.

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

@ Contract Killer: Yes, I do unerstand your reasoning. It's just that I had lots of two-for-ones during my 6+1 rounds and on several occasions I got Thalia AND Spirit of Labyrinth with one Forked Bolt. Guess what... that was sweet!
    I like the PoP in sb. Really good tool how to outrace TNN.

@ Contract Killer: Yes, I do unerstand your reasoning. It's just that I had lots of two-for-ones during my 6+1 rounds and on several occasions I got Thalia AND Spirit of Labyrinth with one Forked Bolt. Guess what... that was sweet!
    I like the PoP in sb. Really good tool how to outrace TNN.
    Ok that makes sense maybe I'm just too conservative with the card when I see thalia drop. I just always want to kill thalia on sight to free up mana down the road for cantrips and the occasional counter.

So this isn't RUG delver related exactly, but anybody else baffled by the scg LA top 8? I mean at least three decks in there manaless dredge , belcher and Food chain bug don't really seem top8 material. So food chain bug I can kind of get I've played against it and it's literally like playing against shardless bug but instead of planeswalkers they just vomit out tons of creatures. I just don't get how did manaless dredge dodge rest in peace and how did belcher dodge Force? There's also the chance that people just weren't playing good decks lols

The only one he ever feared
    Oct 2009
    Sweden's Jerusalem

Quote Originally Posted by Contract Killer View Post
    So this isn't RUG delver related exactly, but anybody else baffled by the scg LA top 8? I mean at least three decks in there manaless dredge , belcher and Food chain bug don't really seem top8 material. So food chain bug I can kind of get I've played against it and it's literally like playing against shardless bug but instead of planeswalkers they just vomit out tons of creatures. I just don't get how did manaless dredge dodge rest in peace and how did belcher dodge Force? There's also the chance that people just weren't playing good decks lols
    I think the stream, with mono-U Weenies was pretty hilarious.
    Currently playing:

Canadian Threshold Primer!
    Team America

My blog about Legacy, limited, EDH and stuff!

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by Contract Killer View Post
    Ok that makes sense maybe I'm just too conservative with the card when I see thalia drop. I just always want to kill thalia on sight to free up mana down the road for cantrips and the occasional counter.
    Depends. Soemtimes I don't really care of her (when I have battlefield and grip full of lands) sometimes she came after the SotL, other times I was light on removal, so I saved it to 2-for-1 him, there were games where I had double Goyf out and a Grudge in hand, so a 2/1 dude din't matter, etc.
    Otoh, in early game I always burn her at sight, as she creates very uncofortable environment.

On the Top8: I lack words.

Thread Information