Page 51 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2929

Thread: [Deck] Canadian Threshold (aka RUG Delver, Tempo Thresh)

Re: [Deck] Canadian Threshold (aka RUG Delver, Tempo Thresh)

Quote Originally Posted by sawatarix View Post
    @B88:

hey Claudio, don't you need thought scour in your deck to make nimble mongoose + treasure cruise work? I respect your success 3 times in a row with your RUG Delver build but I'm curious how good/bad these 2 cards work together.

Why do you play Submerge in your sideboard, there aren't that many green decks around. what about other removal spells like dismember?
    there are sumbmerges in 3x!

anyway, speaking abount goose and treasure: the gain of draw 3 is more the lose the threshold many times. and when you draw 3 you'll see that in 1/2 turns goose come back in threshold!!!

Nov 2006
    London

Quote Originally Posted by B88 View Post
    there are sumbmerges in 3x!

anyway, speaking abount goose and treasure: the gain of draw 3 is more the lose the threshold many times. and when you draw 3 you'll see that in 1/2 turns goose come back in threshold!!!
    Unless it gets countered, then you just neutered your win con...

Quote Originally Posted by keys View Post
    yes like when they counter keys spells in all onther deck!

Nov 2006
    London

yes like when they counter keys spells in all onther deck!
    Other spells don't have Delve...

Other spells don't have Delve...
    as you want, don't play ancestral recall i prefer to risk draw 3 cards than take a counter!

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

hi there!
    this is the list wich i've made top8 3 times:

http://www.tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=15357&iddeck=114072

unfortunately i've found lands in top8 again (i found him in swiss) and this time i lost!
    That's really strange list. Why two Snares main and no Pierces? Also, those missing Cages in sb...

Quote Originally Posted by sawatarix View Post
    Why do you play Submerge in your sideboard, there aren't that many green decks around. what about other removal spells like dismember?
    maverick is a pretty tough matchup that can become winnable with submerge. its also good vs. elves, BUG, and infect.

just test it. youre right on paper, but not in reality.

I don't understand why you want to keep jamming Treasure Cruise in this deck. Why would you want to play a BAD Treasure Cruise deck, when you can play a good one (UR Delver)?

It makes Goose way worse, it shrinks Goyf in the Treasure Cruise mirror, it's a dead card a lot of the time, and what exactly are you drawing 3 of? Daze? Stifle?

This card is so far off our gameplan, changing the deck to run Treasure Cruise might as well be a different deck.

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by Slide View Post
    I don't understand why you want to keep jamming Treasure Cruise in this deck. Why would you want to play a BAD Treasure Cruise deck, when you can play a good one (UR Delver)?

It makes Goose way worse, it shrinks Goyf in the Treasure Cruise mirror, it's a dead card a lot of the time, and what exactly are you drawing 3 of? Daze? Stifle?

This card is so far off our gameplan, changing the deck to run Treasure Cruise might as well be a different deck.
    I see a point for one of TC as a late game bomb where the occasional REB/FoW blow out shouldn't matter that much. But then why evenn bother?
    I think TC doesn't belong in RUG and there are other decks that use the card much better, but I'll remain silent as I never really tested it, and B88's results speak for themselves.

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

Hey Guys,

after playing the whole year with TA (lastly Deathblade), I want to give the king of Delver decks a chance again

What do you guys think of Hooting Mandrills? Sure he get`s plowed but that`s it.
    With his resilency against AD, Bolt & FB he has "pseudo" Shroud and also is castable under a "balance lock".

When I played RUG in the past the mongoose got stoped a lot by TNN, BS, Mother, Arbor+Ranger, Flickerwhisp, opposing Goose etc. and the advantage of Mandrills is that he doesnt care about those cards because he has this great trample ability. I really like his aggression & the fact that he is still big after a resolved RIP.

Sure the current meta plays more Plows than a couple month ago where everybody played AD but still I think he`s reasonable.

What do you guys mean?

Greetings
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Manipulato View Post
    Hey Guys,

after playing the whole year with TA (lastly Deathblade), I want to give the king of Delver decks a chance again

What do you guys think of Hooting Mandrills? Sure he get`s plowed but that`s it.
    With his resilency against AD, Bolt & FB he has "pseudo" Shroud and also is castable under a "balance lock".

When I played RUG in the past the mongoose got stoped a lot by TNN, BS, Mother, Arbor+Ranger, Flickerwhisp, opposing Goose etc. and the advantage of Mandrills is that he doesnt care about those cards because he has this great trample ability. I really like his aggression & the fact that he is still big after a resolved RIP.

I playtested a bit with him and resolving 2-3 copies of him a game was never ever a problem.

Sure the current meta plays more Plows than a couple month ago where everybody played AD but still I think he`s reasonable.

What do you guys mean?

Greetings
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

Cash Money Baller
    Nov 2007
    Maine

@Manipulato- Nimble Mongoose is a brick house against U/R Delver and Urw Stoneblade, they can't answer a 3/3 shroud and it is therefore an excellent source of virtual card advantage, I wouldn't recommend cutting it.

Mar 2010
    Philippines

2nd on a 14man tourney with RUGMandrils (3-1)
    got me some store credits in which i havent decided yet whether i go buy spellkites for my infect deck : )

creatures (13) = 4 delvers/ 4 goyfs / 3 mandrils / 1 tnn / 1 vcliq (shouldve been the 2nd tnn, the guy who borrowed my own was not present that day, switched back to cliq last minute)

lands (18) = 4 wooded/2 tarns/2misty/3volcs/3trops/4wastelands

spells (29) 3stifles/2tarfires/1 fice/3pierces...then sets of bolts/fows/dazes/ponders/bstorms

helpers: 2pithing needles/2roughs/3pyroblasts/2submerges/1dismember/1ancient grudge/1destructive revelry/2grafdiggers/1surgical extraction

i had a good run lately with my uginfect deck, and most of teammates fell to the 1 mana stonerain trap. it’s been always fun piloting my old reliable especially when it’s under the radar, been expecting urcruise and combo, and upon testing..urcruise has had troubles with green monsters..whatever it may be...goose/goyf or kingkong.

match1 (2-0) vs juancho, LEYLINES
    just cruised vs this matchup as i was able to waste their white gaea’s cradle and countered timely crop rotations, 2nd game when he was able to land an opening leyline void, good thing i had a revelry on my hand to eot destroy it at some point, mandrils and goyf got there.

match2 (2-0) vs erik, ANT
    expecting facing an infect, upon presenting my wooded turn 1, he got careless and was stifled the time he fetched, then i immediately followed it up with 2 delvers..game 2 when he went off, but was so unlucky to get any of his petals or a LED, his adnaus got him.

match3 (2-0) vs wilson, ELVES
    again, he knew i was on infect and got punished by stifle, he kept a one lander : ), game 2 when he managed to resolve an ooze with a cradle on play but tapped out, i topdecked a ROUGH for the win, he never got back after the wrath.

match4 (1-2) vs mark, ESPERBLADE
    wasnt able to control his mana and got slewed by batterskull, game 2 where i locked him down with 2 early needles to name delta and strands! i love it, easy win for me...game 3 i know im almost ahead, i carry every removal i have, bolts, rebs, grudge, backuped with counters but was facing a resolved rip. i submerged all my monsters via bstorm...i was looking for tnn or delver, they showed up very very late..i landed a vliq but just got stp’ed...if it’s the 2nd tnn i could have won.

over all i was impressed with my current tweak of just 3 mandrils, provided me fast clock vs any unfair and will not have issues with opposing tnns, tokens, armies of elves..somehow i was still lucky to face combos on the preliminaries that carries less removals, up’ped my crit count to 13 coz almost all of em are targetable since i benched goose, if it was vs removal.dec...somehow it’ll be a different story line.
    Poxy14 ALTERED CARDS:
    https://www.facebook.com/earlgrant.deleon
    Commission Status: FULL!!! Commission Line to open: 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    That's really strange list. Why two Snares main and no Pierces? Also, those missing Cages in sb...
    Not in relation to the RUG list but Spell Snare is a very good card in the meta right now.

Stoneforge Mystic
    Young Pyromancer
    Snapcaster Mage
    Counterbalance
    Rest in Peace
    Chalice of the Void @1
    Umezawa's Jitte
    Tarmogoyf
    Scavenging Ooze
    Hymn to Tourach
    Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    Elvish Visionary
    Infernal Tutor
    etc.

People tend to beat you in this meta with the things they land at 2cc or cast on turn 2 before you're ready for them. 2 Spell Snare is probably too many in a tempo list but 1 main and 1 side is probably good most of the time.

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

@ Poxy: Congrats!

@ Fool: Yes, that's right, but I'd still want some Spell Pierces in main, at least to stop early Terminus, Liliana or any other gamebreaker.

Slide:

3 Spell Pierce/3 Stifle or 2 Spell Pierce/4 Stifle? I feel more comfortable with 3 Pierces. What´s your opinion about that?

i don't understand why you speak without testing it!

It adds length to the deck. I agree, in a perfect game, we never need treasure cruise. In my experience, however, its great in the grindier match ups that Im sure youve experienced playing the deck. Its also been really good for me playing against ur, when they get a bunch of cruises off. You can keep them from running away with the game by matching their 2+ cruises with 1-2 because our cards are better, and enough spells are being cast to keep the graveyards full.

That said, at my flg legacy this sunday with 15 people, cruise and mongoose clashed with each other way more than usual. I dont think I resolved a single TC in the 4 rounds. I ended up 3-1 (losing to miracles), however, so it didnt ruin my tourney. I was able to to pitch it to FoW most of the time, and it actually got my opponent to misplay a thoughtseize twice. Definitely evidence for not playing it, though.

"Treasureless" "Traditional" RUG Canadian Threshold / Delver with good old "Mongoose" again in the top 8 (1x) and top 16 (2x) at SCG Portland (2014/12/07) --> http://sales.starcitygames.com/deckdatabase/deckshow.php?&t[C1]=3&start_date=09/14/2014&end_date=12/07/2014&start=1&finish=16&event_ID=20&city=Portland#content_decks_legacy-tab

8th place: Steve Mann
    http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...p?DeckID=77183
    Flex Spots: 2 Pierce / 2 Forked / 2 Probe.
    SB: 3 Grafdigger's Cage, 1 Sulfuric Vortex, 1 Electrickery, 1 Hydroblast, 2 Pyroblast, 2 Spell Pierce, 2 Rough.

12th place: Manuel Dizon
    http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...p?DeckID=77184
    Flex Spots: 2 Pierce / 2 Forked / 2 Probe.
    SB: 2 Grafdigger's Cage, 1 Pithing Needle, 1 Sulfuric Vortex, 1 Ancient Grudge, 2 Flusterstorm, 1 Krosan Grip, 1 Pyroblast, 2 Red Elemental Blast, 2 Submerge, 2 Rough.

I would be very glad to read an article about their tournament experience and SB choices here

Also congrats to all other pilots sharing their latest success here in this thread!

Still well positioned in the metagame, great!

Thread Information