Thread: Hatch's Mono-Blue Martyr

Hybrid View

Hatch's Mono-Blue Martyr

Last edited by twndomn; 03-26-2014 at 03:00 PM.

Re: Hatch's Mono-Blue Martyr

How did the deck end up placing?
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle".
    - Albert Einstein

I think he went something like 4-4 drop, although his first match loss was due to being late iirc.

I like the idea of the Sky Hussar draw engine, but the quality of cards you're drawing off it is obviously pretty bad. If the opponent manages to resolve any creature it's almost assuredly going to be stronger than your motley crew of Force Spike Bears. If the meta becomes more combo dominated this deck might have a place.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

I'm down with any deck that plays Skaab Ruinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

creativity, it's gotta count for something.

The deck in its current form might be horrible, but the idea is now public at the least.

Sep 2011

That is by far the best match of Magic I have ever watched. Too funny.

The main answer to those questions (not Brainstorm/Delver) is this deck is a very good example of a deck that is teh awesome of everything for a Johnny and absolute jank for a Spike.

Back to Basics looks semi-uncastable. Travis Woo had this deck in Modern a while back but never really played with it long, atleast not while streaming.
    The idea is pretty sweet, though at first glance I'm worried about the numbers.
    And like stated above, a resolved threat will often crush this I'd assume.

The main question is also why is this better than ponder/brainstorm/delver.
    Or Deathrite Shaman.. eats your team plus gains more life than your damage or out races your damage.

Still, I like the idea and synergies, but there are definately holes to be filled.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9195 met Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    Man IDK, I don't write this bullshit. We all know WotC has some primo grass in its R&D Lair.

Thread Information