Thread: Sudden flood of dnt

Feb 2012
    Minnesota

Sudden flood of dnt

So after scg milwuakee and getting the mirror (dnt) I'm feeling like a deck change. I always felt like the strength of dnt was its unknown-ness. Based on the slight decline of tnn and the rise of dnt I feel like the advantages are kinda gone. What do you, the hive mind, think I should do? Stick with it or sell of the money cards to finish TES ( Only missing man abase and moxes) or push to something else. Combo is really low in the meta right now and I feel like it will shift soon favoring it. Thoughts? Tin fins is also on my mind.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Re: Sudden flood of dnt

Quote Originally Posted by Vastros View Post
    So after scg milwuakee and getting the mirror (dnt) I'm feeling like a deck change. I always felt like the strength of dnt was its unknown-ness. Based on the slight decline of tnn and the rise of dnt I feel like the advantages are kinda gone. What do you, the hive mind, think I should do? Stick with it or sell of the money cards to finish TES ( Only missing man abase and moxes) or push to something else. Combo is really low in the meta right now and I feel like it will shift soon favoring it. Thoughts? Tin fins is also on my mind.
    I would keep 2 Karakas, the Wastes and the SFM's, shipping the rest. The hilarious price of Ports will pay for your card-gap and outside of DnT the remaining cards are mediocre and I would def. profit from the temp. high those cards have atm.

It might be a bit biased statement by someone like me, but TES can race DnT's hatebears quite easily if you expect to see some DnT opponents in the future.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Feb 2012
    Minnesota

I was gonna keep 1 karakas and the four wastes and the sfms simply because they go into so much. I can still get close to 1k in trade. Lemnear how are you fairing in a meta with so much blue?

Oct 2011
    Denmark

Lemnear is kinda right. I think id only sell the ports if i were you. the rest doesnt provide much cash and can be a pain to reobtain, should you need them in the future. also ports are only played in a few competitive decks, and you already got tired of 50% of them.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Last results show that DnT is less well positionned in the meta, so i'd keep the deck if you like playing it, because less people will play it soon...
    However, if you just simply don't want to play it, as other have said, i'll keep the SFM, the wastes and some karakas. Ports may come back in some other deck, because it's a very powerfull card, but if you need the cash, sell those.

Sam S
    Dec 2011
    Newmarket, ON

Deck is strong. I'm keeping mine together. Its also an awesome loaner deck for someone new to the format than let say a deck like tes, elves or counterbalance.

Unknowness of Death and Taxes? How long is that ago? After Eneveldson did win a GP the deck was on everyones radar. I wouldn't sell any expensive stuff, because given Wotc current design philosophy i'm sure we'll see more strong white weenies. Maybe you want to play it in the future?
    TheRiedl on Magic Online

About Magic Online:

I can play legacy whenever I want. Cardboard has no value. Data has no value. My time and enjoyment has high value to me. More legacy = more fun. Buy in.

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjer View Post
    When Obilivion Ring is said to be an equivalent counterpiece to Red Elemental Blast in regards to Show and Tell and Jace, you know all is lost.

Aug 2009
    Bakersfield, Ca

I'd keep it. It and other weenie strategies will only get more love as time goes on. besides, I learned the hard way - don't sell staples to get staples!
    Quote Originally Posted by ktkenshinx View Post
    The Reserved List is a) not legally binding, b) antiquated, c) broken, and d) preventative of maximum game enjoyment. Wizards will remove as many cards from that list as possible to increase the fun of their game. Using market research, they can find a balance between printing enough cards to lower a price from $40 to $15-$20, and not utterly ruining their value. This will be both an economically feasible AND sensible move.
    -ktkenshinx-

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by bakofried View Post
    I'd keep it. It and other weenie strategies will only get more love as time goes on. besides, I learned the hard way - don't sell staples to get staples!
    I'd sell barely outdated but hype inflated Ports any day of the week to get blue duals
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Aug 2009
    Bakersfield, Ca

Fair enough, it depends on what you enjoy. I wish I had kept mine, is all.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by ktkenshinx View Post
    The Reserved List is a) not legally binding, b) antiquated, c) broken, and d) preventative of maximum game enjoyment. Wizards will remove as many cards from that list as possible to increase the fun of their game. Using market research, they can find a balance between printing enough cards to lower a price from $40 to $15-$20, and not utterly ruining their value. This will be both an economically feasible AND sensible move.
    -ktkenshinx-

Judgy Curmudgeon
    Feb 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    I'd sell barely outdated but hype inflated Ports any day of the week to get blue duals
    Selling Inflated Ports to buy Inflated U Duals doesn't seem like a strong move, unless you get awfully close to retail on the Ports and can talk down the price on the duals.

I'd have a very hard time selling Ports, Wastes, or even Vials right now just to get the rest of another deck together.
    Check out my Legacy UBTezz Primer. Chalice of the Void: Keeping Magic Fair.
    -----
    Playing since '96. Brief forced break '02-04. Former/Idle Judge since '05. Told Smmenen to play faster at Vintage Worlds.
    -----
    Most of the 'Ban brainstorm!' arguments are based on the logic that 'more different cards should get played in Legacy', as though the success or health of the format can be measured by the portion of cards that are available and see play. This is an idiotic metric.

Feb 2012
    Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by Ellomdian View Post
    Selling Inflated Ports to buy Inflated U Duals doesn't seem like a strong move, unless you get awfully close to retail on the Ports and can talk down the price on the duals.

I'd have a very hard time selling Ports, Wastes, or even Vials right now just to get the rest of another deck together.
    Well I'm lot exactly selling to finish, I'm more or less just a bit short on tes and am sick of the mirror and predictions in the meta shift. I like dnt but it's not fully my style.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Then play burn for a while as you build, it's cheap and the look on people's faces when you play it is wonderful.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Feb 2012
    Minnesota

Lol burn is really not my style. Miracles and tes/tin fins/reanimator is more my style.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Happy hour I understand what you mean, what I was suggesting was a cheap option while you build another deck. I would not sell DnT. I expect it will become a permanent part of Legacys rotation. Coming in and out of the limelight as the tides ebb and flow. So I would not sell it, since you will likely want to play it again.

Other option I think is Fish. You should have a good part of it, Vial, Wasteland and if your building blue, Force. It would be something to enjoy until you finish TES.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Nov 2013
    Burnaby

I agree that DnT is a deck that will go in/out of fashion as the meta moves along. I would personally hold the pieces as some of them can be annoying to reacquire.

Right Hand of Doom
    Sep 2011
    Maine

Quote Originally Posted by Vastros View Post
    I'm selling everything but the SFMs, Equips, Wastes and one Karakas (latter three are all promo foils ) selling the rest. Lemnear is quite correct I think--sell your Ports while the hype train is in town!

Personally? I'm going back to BUG Delver. Not only is it the, arguably, best deck in the format, but it's also just a few tundras and JTMS' away from Deathblade (if I'll ever stoop to that :P).
    "Don't mess with me, lady. I've been drinking with skeletons."

I write articles about Legacy Death and Taxes. Check them out.

Thread Information