Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: [JOU] Journey into Nyx Spoiler discussion

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

[JOU] Journey into Nyx Spoiler discussion

Spoiler season has started!

Current Spoiler

Too bad JOU continues the tradition of Threos block and has nothing really worth discussing so far.

MOD EDIT: Just as a heads-up, let's try to avoid yet another spoiler season where everyone takes a giant liquid dump on WotC/MaRo/whoever because they don't like the set. If you don't like the set, "I don't like this set," is sufficient. Thanks!
    Last edited by Aggro_zombies; 04-07-2014 at 06:11 PM.

Sep 2009
    Michigan, US

Re: [JOU] Journey into Nyx Spoiler discussion

Dakra Mystic is an incredible card. I hope it makes it in standard.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Right ANOTHER Kicker-variant, MaRo? Go take a relaxing vacation and spend some time with your family.
    Last edited by Aggro_zombies; 04-07-2014 at 06:12 PM.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

I like hall of triumph in some sort of casual standard deck, also so far looks like I'll be drafting more MINOTAURS yet again.
    Using Tapatalk

Eidolon of Blossoms has potential. Unlike Verduran Enchantress it doesn't require you to cast the spells, so the interaction with something like Replenish or Cleansing Meditation could do interesting things.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

I dunno, that Green dude that doubles its counters is kind of an uber-Chameleon Colossus. I *like* Chameleon Colossus. Pro-black is the lamest protection anyway, especially now that the only kind that matters is TNN's pro-player, so the loss of an ability don't bother me none.

That page links to another one with some leeched images, and some potentially interesting equipment as well. Depending on what the rest of the card says, Bow of the Hunter might be an interesting complement to an SFM package - it taps to Shock a creature/player (for free), equips for 2, and the rest of the text (including casting cost) is intentionally removed. Hmmmmm.

Black is so weird, Black y u get another 2/1 for B. That Bestow cost fucking sucks. Weird Wrath variant too; 4BB to blow up all non-enchantment creatures? I'll take another 50 cent Wrath for EDH, sure.

Hall of Triumph is not the literal worst Crusade variant I've ever seen. It's one-sided at least; 'creatures you control of the color of your choice', yeah sure fine whatever.

The first round of spoilers is almost never anything truly impressive anyway, who cares if the first 15 are not great. Strive and Constellation are the terriblest keywords for Magic cards ever, though
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Black is so weird, Black y u get another 2/1 for B. That Bestow cost fucking sucks. Weird Wrath variant too; 4BB to blow up all non-enchantment creatures? I'll take another 50 cent Wrath for EDH, sure.
    For standard you'll play 2/1's for 1 all day and having bestow is just bonus. Ill play the shit out of that in standard

Mar 2007

That page links to another one with some leeched images, and some potentially interesting equipment as well. Depending on what the rest of the card says, Bow of the Hunter might be an interesting complement to an SFM package - it taps to Shock a creature/player (for free), equips for 2, and the rest of the text (including casting cost) is intentionally removed. Hmmmmm.
    Those equipments are Hero cards. Nothing to see here since you can't play them in Legacy.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by trollking21 View Post
    For standard you'll play 2/1's for 1 all day and having bestow is just bonus. Ill play the shit out of that in standard
    Eh I guess, I definitely like that Rakdos guy, the 2/2 for that can't block. Paying to give a dude a drawback though, weird.

Those equipments are Hero cards. Nothing to see here since you can't play them in Legacy.
    Dammit. :/

Eh I guess, I definitely like that Rakdos guy, the 2/2 for that can't block. Paying to give a dude a drawback though, weird.
    It's just about reaching a critical mass of 2 power 1 drops there. Being to make a big-ush guy bigger is actually pretty relevant. This is like herald of torments brother. It'll see play in standard. But that's it

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

I kinda like the Eidolon of Blossoms for Enchantress. Enchantress' Presence does not draw a card for itself. And this can attack or block.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    I kinda like the Eidolon of Blossoms for Enchantress. Enchantress' Presence does not draw a card for itself. And this can attack or block.
    Blocking might be relevant in some corner cases, but when does Enchantress bother to attack?

Replacing itself is nice, but being a creature is also a trade-off between AD-immunity and being killable with every other common removal spell as long as growth isn't out.

I'm not an Enchantress player - maybe as a single GSZ-target at best? 4CC is still alot to ask for.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    You gain the fragility of being a creature for an additional mana. Argothian Enchantress + GSZ + Enchantress Presence still has no contender in Eidolon
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Big Fat Hard Kicks, Oh My God I Want That Shit!
    Apr 2011

What is with the obsessive desire to turn every single mechanic that goes on more than 1 card into a keyword? All cards with the same keyword don't even do identical things. Could you imagine if they did this back in the day?

G
    Llanowar Elf
    Creature Elf
    Generate - You may tap this creature to add G to your mana pool.
    1/1

BU
    Cavern Harpy
    Creature Harpy
    Gating - When this comes into play return a creature that shares a color with -this- to your hand.
    Pay 1 life: Return -this- to your hand.
    1/1

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    You gain the fragility of being a creature for an additional mana. Argothian Enchantress + GSZ + Enchantress Presence still has no contender in Eidolon
    Not to mention you don't get anything when enchantments get countered. Anything that happens on casting rather than resolution will always have an appeal. That said, I'd rather have Eidolon of Blossoms over GSZ. At least this one doesn't get shut down by Engineered Plague and draws cards off Enchantresses.

The bad thing is that it's been ages since Enchantress's Presence got printed. I get the impression we'll have to wait another handful of years before we see something with "cast enchantment -> draw card" again.

AFAIK you can bestow this on your opponent's guy to Falter the dude on a critical turn.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by Aggro_zombies View Post
    AFAIK you can bestow this on your opponent's guy to Falter the dude on a critical turn.
    O__________O

Durp! Had not considered that.

In a world where 4 mana is a fair price for removal…

Well okay then, maybe it's not the literal worst.

Have we hit critical mass for the 2-power for 1 Black mana creatures yet? I want to play Swamp > Ritual > Ritual > 4 dudes.

The fact that it's a minotaur also helps make Minotaurs a real(er) deck in Standard. The colors are kind of rough, though.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2008
    Houston, TX

Dakra Mystic is a pretty interesting poke in the eye to Miracles.

Pray for Rain
    May 2010
    Philadelphia, PA, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Esper3k View Post
    Dakra Mystic is a pretty interesting poke in the eye to Miracles.
    Yeah it is easily the most interesting of the albeit small sample of cards I've encountered today
    Matt Bevenour in real life

Thread Information