Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: [JOU] Journey into Nyx Spoiler discussion

Re: [JOU] Journey into Nyx Spoiler discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    Sage of hours just might be broken as hell. Imagine what you could do with Varolz, Phyrexian Dreadnought, Bounty of the hunt, etc. Spend 1 mana, attack for at least 13, take two or three more turns, etc. All your dead Tarmos become Time Walks. There might be a powerful deck in there.
    I think you are on to something, and I think this might actually not be complete garbage if Bounty of the Hunt could get you to Time Walk range by itself. Just think, Blessings of Nature does it by itself, then you could use Bounty to get stuck miracles out of your hand attack for a lot and then Time Walk. Damn shame it's not 4 counters, really doubt that would be too busted but who knows.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Darkenslight View Post
    Why would you use it a Draw engine? Use it as Storm hate - "Can you get to 50 Storm? No? G3?"
    Where is the Problem in getting close to 30 storm with PIF to cast Tendrils, flashback PIF, flashback Tendrils by turn 8+ In ANT? TES can reach 50+ Tendrils and >120 goblins in the first 3 turns.

Guess who a whole store is laughing at after
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

Quote Originally Posted by Zllig View Post
    I think you are on to something, and I think this might actually not be complete garbage if Bounty of the Hunt could get you to Time Walk range by itself. Just think, Blessings of Nature does it by itself, then you could use Bounty to get stuck miracles out of your hand attack for a lot and then Time Walk. Damn shame it's not 4 counters, really doubt that would be too busted but who knows.

Heroic does not work that way!

9/15/2013: Heroic abilities will trigger only once per spell, even if that spell targets the creature with the heroic ability multiple times.
    9/15/2013: Heroic abilities won’t trigger when a copy of a spell is created on the stack or when a spell’s targets are changed to include a creature with a heroic ability.
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post

Heroic does not work that way!

9/15/2013: Heroic abilities will trigger only once per spell, even if that spell targets the creature with the heroic ability multiple times.
    9/15/2013: Heroic abilities won’t trigger when a copy of a spell is created on the stack or when a spell’s targets are changed to include a creature with a heroic ability.
    When did I imply that it worked that way? All I'm saying that is with Blessings of Nature you'll end up with 5 +1/+1 counters, ie enough to Time Walk. Similarly, I was saying that I wish Bounty of the Hunt could get it to 5 +1/+1 counters by itself, but I said that it can't because it only gets it to 4 +1/+1 counters.

But whatever, you sure got me with your lel so fanny internet pix and large text.

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

When did I imply that it worked that way? All I'm saying that is with Blessings of Nature you'll end up with 5 +1/+1 counters, ie enough to Time Walk. Similarly, I was saying that I wish Bounty of the Hunt could get it to 5 +1/+1 counters by itself, but I said that it can't because it only gets it to 4 +1/+1 counters.

But whatever, you sure got me with your lel so fanny internet pix and large text.
    Yeah I totally misread your post.

READING DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY!

I bet you still read it in his voice.
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Godsend + Brimaz is almost Legacy-playable - since both are Standard- and Block-legal, I expect them to raise hell in said formats alongside Heliod who also provides nice bodies for Godsend.

EoT Insidious Dreams to stack Skill Borrower,Phyrexian Devourer (4x) and Sage of Hours is extremely resource intensive, but does allow you to swing for lethal. (IMO Triskelion is still better...)

The only thing that comes to my mind that really seems like it could work well with heroic is Rancor+Auratog.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

The combo has been staring us in the FASE.

Ajani, Mentor of Heroes

+

Sage of Hours

+

Clockspinning

=

Infinite turns with a 6/6 attacker

This combo belongs in a museum. I'm sure this will just completely wreck Modern and warp Legacy. It may even affect the way we play Pinocle and Tetris. We won't know for sure until the tournament reports come back, if there's anyone left alive to write them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post

Ajani, Mentor of Heroes

+

Sage of Hours

+

Clockspinning

=

This combo belongs in a museum. I'm sure this will just completely wreck Modern and warp Legacy. It may even affect the way we play Pinocle and Tetris. We won't know for sure until the tournament reports come back, if there's anyone left alive to write them.
    Meh, I would rather run Doubling Season in the Clockspinning slot for Planeswalker overkill. Seriously, play Ajani and gain 100 life RIGHT OFF THE BAT.

#banAjani

A king should never sit easy upon the Iron Throne
    Mar 2008
    Columbia, Missouri

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post

Ajani, Mentor of Heroes

+

Sage of Hours

+

Clockspinning

=

I have nothing to contribute but a hearty, bellowing laugh.
    Rest in peace, Grandpa Morphling.

Nemeses Slain:4

Mar 2007

Eidolon of the Great Revel
    Enchantment Creature - Spirit (R)
    Whenever a player casts a spell with converted mana cost 3 or less, Eidolon of the Great Revel deals 2 damage to that player.
    2/2

Pyrostatic Pillar on a stick - AW YEAH!

Pray for Rain
    May 2010
    Philadelphia, PA, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Eidolon of the Great Revel
    Enchantment Creature - Spirit (R)
    Whenever a player casts a spell with converted mana cost 3 or less, Eidolon of the Great Revel deals 2 damage to that player.
    2/2

Pyrostatic Pillar on a stick - AW YEAH!
    Gawd dammit. Casting dark ritual is getting harder and harder
    Matt Bevenour in real life

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Tammit67 View Post
    Gawd dammit. Casting dark ritual is getting harder and harder
    At least it is not 1R ... god damn I hate MaRo's "Creatures! Creatures! Creatures! We hate combo!" attitude
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    At least it is not 1R ... god damn I hate MaRo's "Creatures! Creatures! Creatures! We hate combo!" attitude
    Implying every card ever designed is made by MaRo.. who mostly works on the fall sets iirc.

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

Possibly a needed weapon against tempo, too.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Implying every card ever designed is made by MaRo.. who mostly works on the fall sets iirc.
    MaRo dictates the direction of design. The fact that creatures get spell-, enchantment- and artifact-like effects attached to them roots on his lead design philosophy. I never said he DESIGNED the card

Join us at Facebook!

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Are you really complaining about red getting combo hate? Pyrostatic Pillar is hardly enough to stop Storm and this is only a bit better due to breaking parity with a body of its own. Double red isn't that easy to cast, too.

The card has potential, but we'll have to wait and see where it has its place in Legacy. Not that it's another Spirit of the Labyrinth.

While unlikely, now I hope they print Sulfuric Vortex with legs, too.

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

I'm just sad that it shits on engine decks like Storm and Elves and leaves SnDrool untouched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

I don't think Ajani is good, but I think he is being underestimated. The kind of deck that wants to play him also probably plays a bunch of mana accelerators, like BoP, DRS, Dryad Arbor, and/or Noble Hierarch. If Ajani hits the table turn 3 with two of those out, all of a sudden they're both real creatures, permanently. Also, he's a G/W card that offers filtering and draw. I think he's got more potential and use than you guys are appreciating. Also, 100 life is surmountable, but it's a lot less easy to surmount than you're thinking. I've killed people with 120 or so life online before. It isn't as easy as you'd think.

Again, I don't know that he's good, but I don't think he's terribad either, especially in Modern/Standard.

Storm couldn't give two shits, no aggro-control deck in the format is ever going to play a creature for RR when they could play a creature for UW, however it's the tits in burn and any one who bad mouths a playable red creature in Legacy should be taken out to the wood shed.

I really hope they print Meekstone and Ankh of Mishra on legs too, I'm all for the spells with legs designs. WW for a 2/2 with Meekstone would be mind numbingly awesome for Death&Taxes now that I think about it, god hurry up and print that shit.

Thread Information