Page 49 of 155 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] Team America (BUG Delver)

Re: [DTB] Team America (BUG Delver)

Hey folks. Took down a local tonight with the following pile:

Creatures:
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    4 Tarmogoyf
    4 Delver of Secrets
    1 True-Name Nemesis

Spells:
    4 Ponder
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Abrupt Decay
    4 Force of Will
    4 Daze
    2 Hymn to Tourach
    2 Liliana of the Veil
    3 Treasure Cruise
    1 Dimir Charm

Lands:
    4 underground Sea
    2 Bayou
    1 Tropical Isalnd
    4 Misty Rainforest
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Wasteland

Sideboard:
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Null Rod
    1 Dimir Charm
    2 Golgari Charm
    3 Disfigure
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Zur's Weirding
    1 Creeping Tar Pit
    1 Vendillion Clique
    1 True-Name Nemesis
    1 Spell Pierce
    1 Submerge

Match 1: Burn Win 2-1
    Game 1 is an abysmal affair with me going to four life and him still having a fistful of cards. I die to a bolt as I fetch in an attempt to counter a Price of Progress.
    Game 2 is much better with Hymn to Tourach hitting double magma Jet. He concedes after I Dimir Charm an Eidolon showing me lands and an irrelevant Red Elemental blast with Deathrite and goyf in play.
    Game 3 is good for me too as I Spell Pierce a bolt to keep deathrite on the field then Dimir charm a Chain lightning. When I have lethal on the board he magma jet's me to set up a good draw. I Dimir charm the top of his library during his upkeep to get the win. Achievement unlocked for casting all three modes of Dimir Charm this match!!!

Match 2: Elves (Vomit) Win 2-1
    Game 1 equals death by Craterhoof on turn four. I force of willed an early death rite thinking he was the mirror and I wanted to have my own death rite do some work. oops.
    Game 2 is pretty epic despite his mull to five. I Dimir Charm (this card is bonkers) a heritage druid and waste a cradle. He has Llanowar and sentinel sentinel. He goes for the order and I decay his sentinel. Thus his hoof can only hit for eight and the rest of the elves have to hang back since I have lethal. I disfigure his elf, attack him to one and play another goyf to close it out.
    Game 3 is a lesson in "my sideboard is better". He keeps a loose one and I open on death rite into pithing needle naming quirion ranger (which he had played) and grafdigger's cage. Golgari charm then wipes the board of symbiotes, visionaries, and Dryad arbor leaving his only land a Cradle.

Match 3: Shardless BUG win 2-1
    Game 1 was heartbreaking as I have goyf and delver to his no cards and no board. I attack him down to 7 or something. He dimir charms himself to find Pernicious deed. Major bugger. I play another goyf (huge at this point from deed and walkers) Then his visions goes off and he treasure cruises and draws a jillion cards and plays two death rites. I attack and he blocks and I decay the other death rite and then hymn him back down to hellbent. Booya! Or so I think. He top decks shard less agent into abrupt decay and just hits gas. Arrgh!
    Game 2 I get there on the back of a sturdy true name nemesis that went the distance. I submerged his death rite to the top and waste landed him sending him back to the stone age. Goyfs join the party and he can't find deed.
    Game 3 is interesting as he gets on the back foot quickly and I counter a visions to keep him from going too nuts. He treasure cruises and finds deed but only has death rite left for mana. I also have a death rite and an insect and a goyf. I decay his death rite and he attempts to add mana for deed, I tank for a while and realize the correct play is to save my death rite so I steal his mana and he is forced to just blow up delver ( i could have drained him instead which would have put him to one but then I would only have a goyf and I was wary of liliana, which he ended up having). I attack him to 2 and pass. He brainstorms and cracks a misty that was there lying around then cruises but can't find a non fetch land to play both lili and a blocker.

Overall it was a good night of magic. The deck is good but we all knew that. I am absolutely in love with the sideboard. It shows how versatile this color combination is in the fact that I almost transformed every matchup into something awesome. The fact that I lost every game one and came back every time is a testament to how good we can become after board. Unfortunately, I didn't get to bring in Zur's Weirding. (I'll get you next time miracles. Next time) Dimir Charm is ball-busted good and I brought it in every match and used multiple modes.

One thing I do think is worth discussing is the creature count. I simply cannot imagine dropping to 12 creatures. I know a lot of lists are doing that but without lightning bolt we must win with a creature on the field and I just feel like 12 is too few. I used to run 14 but I think 13 is good enough with cruise. Debate if you wish; I'd love to hear thoughts.

The only thing I am on the fence on are the two hymn's and the two Lili's in the main. I am not a fan of thoughtseize with so much UR Delver, burn etc. around so I think it needs to be either hymn or stifle. Probably a metagame choice as akatsuki said. I just can't bring myself to cut Lili; she's just my homegirl. Good against miracles, fair stuff, delver decks, pressures combo decks, fuel's cruise. (Plus my 6 month old daughter is named Liliana)

In Response...
    Feb 2014
    Halifax, Nova Scotia

Hey Guys,

Playing in a Charity event this weekend, and I'm lending out Miracles so I'm going back to good ol' Team America. Was wondering if I could get some help with my sideboard, i.e. is it ok.

Main:

4 Delver
    4 DRS
    4 Goyf
    2 Stalker

4 Decay
    4 Force
    4 Daze
    4 Ponder
    4 Hymn
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Liliana

4 Delta
    4 Catacomb
    1 Misty
    3 Sea
    2 Trop
    2 Bayou
    4 Waste

Side:
    2 Disfigure
    3 Golgari Charm
    2 Grafdigger's Cage
    2 Spell Pierce
    2 Vendilion Clique
    1 Library
    1 Null Rod
    1 Envelop
    1 Creeping Tar-Pit

Thanks!
    They banned Top, so now I play Grixis Delver.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

I would switch the Envelop over for a Dimir Charm or another Rod, otherwise I think your good. I think I like your board better than my own.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

In Response...
    Feb 2014
    Halifax, Nova Scotia

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    I would switch the Envelop over for a Dimir Charm or another Rod, otherwise I think your good. I think I like your board better than my own.
    I think Dimir charm will be the one. I highly value having a cheap hard counter for sorceries. And thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by exallium View Post
    I think Dimir charm will be the one. I highly value having a cheap hard counter for sorceries. And thanks!
    No treasure cruise?

In Response...
    Feb 2014
    Halifax, Nova Scotia

Quote Originally Posted by Star|Scream View Post
    No treasure cruise?
    I'm a bit out of practice with the deck, and I'd rather play something I know and have done well with than try new tech for this tournament. I'm definitely interested in trying Treasure Cruise, but that will likely have to wait until after GP New Jersey. My problem right now is the contention between Cruise, Tombstalker, DRS, and Goyf.

I'm a bit out of practice with the deck, and I'd rather play something I know and have done well with than try new tech for this tournament. I'm definitely interested in trying Treasure Cruise, but that will likely have to wait until after GP New Jersey. My problem right now is the contention between Cruise, Tombstalker, DRS, and Goyf.
    Cruise is much, much better than Tombstalker and doesn't contend with Goyf and DRS nearly as much as you'd think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertai's Familiar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoFireheart View Post
    Interestingly enough, I would argue that BS is the Dark Ritual in this case.
    Tom? Is that you? I thought you were going to go work on DnD?

In Response...
    Feb 2014
    Halifax, Nova Scotia

Quote Originally Posted by CorpT View Post
    Cruise is much, much better than Tombstalker and doesn't contend with Goyf and DRS nearly as much as you'd think.
    I'll give it a shot as a two-of, replacing the stalkers, and try it out before the event this weekend.

Exallium - That was my exact build pre TC. I posted a report with that list a few pages back and may have inlcuded sideboard strats. As far as going forward I posted another tournament report a few days back replace the 2 Tombs and 1 Lili with 3 Dark Conf. Even running your current list it will be pretty good especially against a heavy U/R delver field as they have problems with 5 toughness creatures as long as they don't kill you before he drops. I take out the bobs against u/r delver and burn as it can be a killer.

In Response...
    Feb 2014
    Halifax, Nova Scotia

Quote Originally Posted by nditiz1 View Post
    Exallium - That was my exact build pre TC. I posted a report with that list a few pages back and may have inlcuded sideboard strats. As far as going forward I posted another tournament report a few days back replace the 2 Tombs and 1 Lili with 3 Dark Conf. Even running your current list it will be pretty good especially against a heavy U/R delver field as they have problems with 5 toughness creatures as long as they don't kill you before he drops. I take out the bobs against u/r delver and burn as it can be a killer.
    I definitely love the main deck as is, It's just a matter of all this new fancy treasure cruise tech and how it changes how the deck is built. I'm running a bunch of 4 ofs and 2 2 ofs. Whether or not that's as important when you're running 4 BS, 4 ponder, and 2+ TC, I just don't know yet. The draw to my current build (as posted above) is how consistent it is. I have access to bobs so that's a consideration as well. My only problem with bob is that he dies to Golgari Charm, but maybe I shouldn't worry about that.

Hi all,
    I am new to this topic but been reading it for about a year and i am playing this deck for about 2 years now.
    I was wandering what do you thing about my list since legacy players in my town is about 20 and there are a lot of diffrent decks playing... From goblins, nice fit, miracle, combos...... etc
    Sry for grammer
    Thanks for your replay

19 lands

4 shamans
    4 goyf
    4 delver
    2 stalker

4 fow
    4 daze
    4 ponder
    3 stifles
    2 thougtseize
    4 brainstorm
    2 tresure cruise
    1sylvan library
    4 decay

Sb
    3 spell pierce
    2golgari charma
    2 disfigure
    2 grafdigers cage
    2 liliana
    2 vendilion
    1 maelstrom puls
    1 krosan grip

Forgot to say that yes it is 61 card but it preforms realy good. I was wondering is 3 stifles ok or it must be 4 and what do you thing about 2 thoughtseize is it better than hymn or maybe dimir charm insted ?
    Thx again

I'm very surprised to see so many people packing TC, but hardly anyone playing DTT. I'm testing with 2 DTT main now and they have been AWESOME. Once I found a Daze and Wasteland against a Pox opponent with one Swamp and one Urborg in play, another time Force + blue card against a must counter spell.

Yes, it costs one U more, but the card selection you get is just fantastic. TC would not have saved me in that spot. Instant speed is of course a big fat bonus and works around the sorcery hate (envelop, dimir charm) that BUG decks pack.

Jul 2013
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by sharke View Post
    Forgot to say that yes it is 61 card but it preforms realy good. I was wondering is 3 stifles ok or it must be 4 and what do you thing about 2 thoughtseize is it better than hymn or maybe dimir charm insted ?
    Thx again
    Now I play this:
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    4 Delver of Secrets
    4 Tarmogoyf
    2 Vendilion Clique
    4 Abrupt Decay
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Daze
    4 Force of Will
    2 Liliana of the Veil
    4 Ponder
    3 Thoughtseize
    2 Treasure Cruise
    2 Bayou
    1 Tropical Island
    4 Underground Sea
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Wasteland

Sideboard:
    2 Null Rod
    2 Grafdigger's Cage
    2 Submerge
    2 Golgari Charm
    2 Maelstrom Pulse
    1 Disfigure
    2 Blue Elemental Blast
    2 Spell Pierce

The first problem for TA is Elves and decks with Blood Moon.
    I tested Dimir Charm but cc2 is too high for this deck IMHO
    Side-Matchups:

Jund:
    -4 Force of Will
    -1 Vendilion Clique
    +1 Disfigure
    +2 Maelstrom Pulse
    +2 Submerge

UWr Miracle:
    -4 Force of Will
    -2 Tresure Cruise
    +2 Null rod
    +2 Mealstrom Pulse
    +2 Golgari Charm

UWbg Deathblade:
    -2 Treasure Cruise
    -4 Force of Will
    +2 Null Rod
    +2 Maelstrom Pulse
    +2 Golgari Charm

Burn/UR Delver:
    -2 Vendilion Clique
    -2 Liliana of the Veil
    -3 Thoughtseize
    +2 Blue Elemental Blast
    +2 Spell Pierce
    +2 Golgari Charm

Elves:
    -1 Bayou
    -4 Daze
    -2 Liliana of the Veil
    +2 Grafdigger's Cage
    +2 Submerge
    +2 Golgari Charm
    +1 Disfigure

Sneak And Show:
    -2 Treasure Cruise
    -1 Bayou
    -3 Abrupt Decay
    +2 Blue Elemental Blast
    +2 Spell Pierce
    +2 Golgari Charm

ANT:
    -2 Treasure Cruise
    -1 Bayou
    -4 Abrupt Decay
    +2 Spell Pierce
    +2 Null Rod
    +2 Grafdigger's Cage
    +1 Golgari Charm

Quote Originally Posted by akatsuki View Post
    I got 11th in Worcester... Two close losses to Viking Funeral with MD PoP and UWR Delver. I wanted to play this deck because I think the Delver-Cruise MUs were fairly close and this one has the best game vs. combo (as well as free wins off DRS/Wasteland). Delver match-ups are fairly cruise oriented (my plan was to use DRS+Stifle). I sided out a Cruise a lot, but I think you want 4 in the maindeck because it sucks to lose games where you don't see any.

If your meta is infested with VF, just tell them to Chill.
    Congrats. I think the maindeck is perfect, the 1 Dimir Charm is working out nicely for me. How often would you have preferred Hydroblast or Divert to Chill?

In Response...
    Feb 2014
    Halifax, Nova Scotia

So are more and more people on the Stifle train now? Does it line up better with running Treasure Cruise? It seems like Hymn gets the axe in Bob's recent list. Not sure how I feel about that.

Stifle is fine and generally good, but I think there's something to be said for metagaming a little harder. To be specific: I am perfectly happy with 55 cards in the deck:

19 lands
    4 DRS/Goyf/Delver
    4 BS/FoW/TC/Daze/Ponder/Decay

And so there are 5 flex slots. Everyone knows how good the delve cards are, so I expect that the most popular decks at the SCG or GP NJ metagame will be Delver/Cruise decks of all types, with most of the rest of the metagame filled out by decks that traditionally have positive Delver matchups: Miracles, very fast combo (e.g. Storm), and controlling Stoneforge Mystic decks like Deathblade or D+T. Against this gauntlet, 4 Stifle/1 Charm choice for the flex slots is very reasonable, but I'm not convinced it's the most powerful approach. Perhaps it would be better to attack the haymakers (Cruise, Terminus, equipment) more head-on, since those are the cards that actually matter. Perhaps something like 2 Vendilion Clique/2 Spell Pierce/1 Disfigure? The Disfigure might seem random, but pre-boarding a little bit against Delver seems right to me - maybe we could even run 2 maindeck Disfigures.

The Worcester list is a great list.

Why no Spell Pierce main?

Is Dimir Charm good enough to go 2-of in this meta?

How is the game 1 matchup against Elves, Merfolk and D&T?

How is the matchup against Burn overall?

So are more and more people on the Stifle train now? Does it line up better with running Treasure Cruise? It seems like Hymn gets the axe in Bob's recent list. Not sure how I feel about that.
    Generally, I think spells you can fire off whenever you like synergize better with Cruise, not reactive spells. The trouble is that discard sucks right now - Hymn is overcome by Cruise, and Thoughtseize matches up poorly against UR Delver and its ilk. Stifle is the conventional alternative to Hymn, so I think that's why it's getting played, but as I just posted, it might be good to try running more powerful cards instead (at the cost of flexibility).

May 2011
    Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by iostream View Post
    Stifle is fine and generally good, but I think there's something to be said for metagaming a little harder. To be specific: I am perfectly happy with 55 cards in the deck:

19 lands
    4 DRS/Goyf/Delver
    4 BS/FoW/TC/Daze/Ponder/Decay

And so there are 5 flex slots. Everyone knows how good the delve cards are, so I expect that the most popular decks at the SCG or GP NJ metagame will be Delver/Cruise decks of all types, with most of the rest of the metagame filled out by decks that traditionally have positive Delver matchups: Miracles, very fast combo (e.g. Storm), and controlling Stoneforge Mystic decks like Deathblade or D+T. Against this gauntlet, 4 Stifle/1 Charm choice for the flex slots is very reasonable, but I'm not convinced it's the most powerful approach. Perhaps it would be better to attack the haymakers (Cruise, Terminus, equipment) more head-on, since those are the cards that actually matter. Perhaps something like 2 Vendilion Clique/2 Spell Pierce/1 Disfigure? The Disfigure might seem random, but pre-boarding a little bit against Delver seems right to me - maybe we could even run 2 maindeck Disfigures.
    I completely agree with your sentiment. My current setup is 2 flusterstorm,2 disfigure and 2 dimir charms, with one less decay in the main. This has been quite helpfull in fighting creatures and cruises. More testing is certainly desirable though.

Thread Information