Page 153 of 155 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155 LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 3086

Thread: [Deck] Team America (BUG Delver)

Re: [Deck] Team America (BUG Delver)

Quote Originally Posted by ReinhardtGao View Post
    Hi Guys.

Below is the list I'm playing right now. I joined a 20+ players little tournament last Saturday and got 2nd place with 5-1 result.

2 Abrupt Decay
    1 Bayou
    1 Bitterblossom
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Daze
    4 Delver of Secrets
    2 Fatal Push
    4 Force of Will
    2 Gurmag Angler
    4 Hymn to Tourach
    1 Liliana, the Last Hope
    3 Misty Rainforest
    3 Polluted Delta
    4 Ponder
    2 Spell Pierce
    3 Tarmogoyf
    2 Thoughtseize
    2 Tropical Island
    2 True-Name Nemesis
    3 Underground Sea
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Wasteland

2 Assassin's Trophy
    2 Diabolic Edict
    2 Flusterstorm
    1 Hydroblast
    1 Liliana, the Last Hope
    1 Marsh Casualties
    1 Nihil Spellbomb
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Snapcaster Mage
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Toxic Deluge

My tournament result was:
    2-1 DNT
    1-2 Dark Depth
    2-0 UW Delver
    2-1 BR Reanimator
    2-1 TES
    2-0 Eldrazi Aggro

I think this deck is still good against combo decks and Eldrazi decks(aggro and post). But it will be a hard thing for us to play against other fair control decks like Grixis Control and Miracle.(If meta is mainly those decks, I'll move to my Czech Pile deck to play:))

I had almost given up on BUG decks, but there are so many good cards in those colours. Its good to see you guys are still brewing and tweaking Delver lists This looks very similar to the BUG Control deck I have been toying with recently.

Surprised you are running both Goyf and Gurglemag... Have you not run into issues with the big fish shrinking your Goyf?

Also interested to see how these changes have altered the gameplay style... Has this build made your list much slower than BUG Delver used to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt_Lucifer View Post
    Surprised you are running both Goyf and Gurglemag... Have you not run into issues with the big fish shrinking your Goyf?
    Not the same person, but it's really not that bad. DRS was more taxing on the graveyard than running big delve guys (most of the time) since there was usually one on both sides of the board. BUG Delver has always been in between a tempo deck and a slow deck, depending on which game and what you've done with the sideboard, so the game plan hasn't really changed that much.

The biggest changes are what are the strengths of the colour combo? I feel we're supposed to have decent matches against the control decks, but in practice it doesn't feel like that's true. We're in a bit of a rough spot because it doesn't seem to excel at anything, but I guess it's legacy, and any deck will find success if you stick with it.

Nov 2017
    Shanghai, China

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt_Lucifer View Post
    I had almost given up on BUG decks, but there are so many good cards in those colours. Its good to see you guys are still brewing and tweaking Delver lists This looks very similar to the BUG Control deck I have been toying with recently.

Also interested to see how these changes have altered the gameplay style... Has this build made your list much slower than BUG Delver used to be?
    Thanks for your quote:) I used to think Goyf and Angler are conflict. But in order to increase the density of threats, I used both of them. You don't need to worry too much about your graveyard cuz Goyf still count your opponent's. It can be a good call against combo decks and Eldrazis.

Honestly, this list was built referred to many MO 5-0 list(which were named as Dimir Delver in Gold Fish). Some of them used both and got good result.

But yeah. Team America is not my only choice for Legacy and not the best deck in the meta either(or it should be in DTB already XDDDD). I'm also working on a Czech Pile list(BUG Midrange made me disappointed on GP Shizuoka so I moved to 4C). I'll choose either of them according to the meta:)

With the introduction of Pteramander I've been pondering buildig a ub team america deck. While at first glance pteramander might appear a bit slow, it allows you to play Dark Confidant and actually works nicely with the "total destruction" approach of team america. A deck packing FOW+Daze+Thoughtseize+Hymn+Wasteland will usually give control and combo decks a hard time winning/establishing control within the first 5 turns. And by then you should be able to turn pteramander on reasonably often.

The creature suite of 4 delvers, 4 bobs and 4 pteramanders would also lend itself quite well to playing cabal therapy. However I'm unsure whether or not both hymn and Cabal Therapy can be supported in the same deck. But having both therpy and force would give starting 7 pteramanders much more utility. Chasis of the deck would look something like this:

14 coloured sources
    4 wasteland

4 Delver
    4 Bob
    4 Pteramander

4 Force of Will
    4 Daze

4-5 removal (prolly no dismembers)

8-10 discard (Thoughtseize, Hymn, Cabal Therpy)

8-10 Cantrips

Any thoughts? Is this plan brutally flawed due to the inability to build a strong ub sideboard?

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Got a list I'm working on and will be running through a tournament on the weekend. I've gotta tell ya I'm pretty excited about this list now. When everyone is moving to cards like Chalice and Blood Moon and other griefer cards like B2B, BUG is the best deck at dealing with all that nonsense. Counter your Blood Moon, Decay your Chalice, attack with a 6/7 Goyf.

//Creature (10)
    4 Delver of Secrets
    3 Gurmag Angler
    3 Tarmogoyf

//Instant (24)
    3 Abrupt Decay
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Daze
    3 Fatal Push
    4 Force of Will
    2 Spell Pierce
    1 Spell Snare
    3 Stifle

//Sorcery (7)
    4 Ponder
    3 Thoughtseize

//Land (19)
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Scalding Tarn
    3 Tropical Island
    4 Underground Sea
    4 Wasteland

SB: 2 Bitterblossom
    SB: 2 Diabolic Edict
    SB: 1 Dread of Night
    SB: 2 Golgari Charm
    SB: 1 Grafdigger's Cage
    SB: 1 Life from the Loam
    SB: 1 Pithing Needle
    SB: 2 Surgical Extraction
    SB: 1 Sylvan Library
    SB: 2 True-Name Nemesis

Rather than trying to play the "long game" with planeswalkers against control decks (where BUG has always struggled because of it's weakness to Jace) my plan is to just over-power them with cards like Library/Loam/Blossom/TNN like so: Loam locked with Bitterblossom generating threats to push through Strix.

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

[QUOTE=Stevestamopz;1065221]Got a list I'm working on and will be running through a tournament on the weekend. I've gotta tell ya I'm pretty excited about this list now. When everyone is moving to cards like Chalice and Blood Moon and other griefer cards like B2B, BUG is the best deck at dealing with all that nonsense. Counter your Blood Moon, Decay your Chalice, attack with a 6/7 Goyf.

Nice, this was excactly the same what i was thinking :)
    I like your list as well, but i allways have a problem with TS and Stifle in the same deck because its the exact opposite^^ never tried it, is this an issue for you?

You dont like Liliana last Hope? I'm a big Fan of her against all types of Controldecks, but she is slower then Nemesis, i get that point

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by blablub View Post
    Nice, this was excactly the same what i was thinking :)
    I like your list as well, but i allways have a problem with TS and Stifle in the same deck because its the exact opposite^^ never tried it, is this an issue for you?

You dont like Liliana last Hope? I'm a big Fan of her against all types of Controldecks, but she is slower then Nemesis, i get that point
    Knowing whether to Stifle or Thoughtseize on turn 1 is going to be difficult and largely contextual on the hand and what my opponent is on. In the scenario where I don't know what my opponent is playing, if I have Stifle, Thoughtseize and no other countermagic I would probably Thoughtseize on turn 1 where if I had Daze/Force backup I would probably hold up Stifle... but further testing will tell me whether or not this is a good idea. Further, if I have a turn 1 Delver I am playing turn 1 Delver 100% of the time.

I do like LLH a lot but I think that TNN may compliment the Stifle/Waste/Loam/Daze gameplan because of the immediate clock it puts the opponent on, rather than the threat of *eventual* inevitability that LLH gives against the control matchups.

Nov 2013
    Russia, SPB

Thinking about TA in new meta too. Like the idea to run TA in threshold direction, im on it too. What if we run ass trophy instead of decay main? Props - can deal with gurmag, omni, sneak, break lands (kill depth is sweet and can be devastating if opponent doesnt run bacics, nice combo with stifle and wasteland), deal with jace (enemy №1 for all BUG lists), batterskull. Slops - can help opp to oppose our wasteland and stifle plan if he runs bacics. But it seems to me finding a land can be isue in few mutchups such as dnt and blades only.

I like Trophy out of the sideboard. There are a lot of basics in the format right now so I would rather rely on soft permission as answers G1, and bring it in when there are permanents you need to blast at any cost.

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Asstrophy is a phenomenal card, no doubt with one of the highest ceilings ever printed on a removal spell and is something I want to include post day 1 testing.

It's ability to blow up Dark Depths/Inkmoth Nexus, Planeswalkers like Jace/Chandra, Gurmag and Batterskull (and my deck's current inabilities to cleanly answer them) has interested me since it was printed. Maybe it's the perfect 1-of type card. I'll make extensive notes after this weekend and get back to you all :)

Only 10 threats maindeck always feels a little low to me. Have you had any issues with closing games or does the deck find a T1/T2 threat easily enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Asstrophy is a phenomenal card, no doubt with one of the highest ceilings ever printed on a removal spell and is something I want to include post day 1 testing.

It's ability to blow up Dark Depths/Inkmoth Nexus, Planeswalkers like Jace/Chandra, Gurmag and Batterskull (and my deck's current inabilities to cleanly answer them) has interested me since it was printed. Maybe it's the perfect 1-of type card. I'll make extensive notes after this weekend and get back to you all :)
    I'm currently (next to 3 Push) on 3 Trophy main 1 side. The card is stupidly good and versatile. You can even land-lock other delver decks with it or take out those 1-off basic lands that people play to get around wasteland .
    It greatly increases the lands match-up (blow up maze, tabernacle, Glacial Chasm) and several other matches as it takes out the popular cards you just named.

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by TomTwice View Post
    Only 10 threats maindeck always feels a little low to me. Have you had any issues with closing games or does the deck find a T1/T2 threat easily enough?
    It's probably on the lower side game 1 against decks like Death and Taxes and Miracles game 1 but it's still serviceable enough. Without DRS and without a good replacement 1 drop threat (Pteramander ain't it) I think we're always going to struggle to straddle the line between "good against combo" and "good against fair decks." My meta is particularly combo heavy though (or at least it feels that way to me) so I've built it with that in mind. I could easily see playing a TNN over the Snare slot if you had more fair decks.

Quote Originally Posted by Draggo View Post
    I'm currently (next to 3 Push) on 3 Trophy main 1 side. The card is stupidly good and versatile. You can even land-lock other delver decks with it or take out those 1-off basic lands that people play to get around wasteland .
    It greatly increases the lands match-up (blow up maze, tabernacle, Glacial Chasm) and several other matches as it takes out the popular cards you just named.
    Agreed. Just not sure whether those really good interactions is worth giving decks we can struggle with (Grixis Control, Miracles, DnT - aka a large percentage of the format) an even easier time beating us.

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Went 4-1 with my list today. Only changes were -1 Snare, +1 Counterspell main, and -1 Dread of Night, +1 Thoughtseize in the side. Reason for the changes being Counterspell is worth the extra mana and I didn't want to go to a casual tournament and ruin some poor kid's first legacy tournament on DnT with such a hateful card. I would still probably recommend playing DoN at proper tournaments just because BUG is overall weak to DnT.

Round 1 I beat BUG Food Chain 2-1, game 1 he assembled the infinite dork brigade while I had Decay in my hand and no black mana to interact. Game 2 and 3 I Delver'd him. Notably in Game 3 I used Counterspell to counter his Tombstalker and crash in for lethal. Sylvan Library was great and I happily cashed in 8 life when I saw Counterspell, Spell Pierce + Stifle on top of my library.

Round 2 I played Mono-Blue Painter (similar to mono red in that it plays Ensnaring Bridge but for some reason plays Chalice as well (there is a nice combo of Chalice on 1 and Grindstone ). Decay was an all star in this and I drew multiples in both games. 2-0 win. Actual Counterspell again was an all star, countering a card I had no other answer too (can't remember which).

Round 3 I played against Dredge and got mashed, obviously losing game 1 despite putting up a mean fight and drawing 0 hate in game 2 despite mulls/sylvan library becoming a very big necro. This matchup is certainly really difficult now and the deck overall feels very underplayed commensurate to how good it must be. I'll have to fit in a 4th or even 5th piece of GY hate in somehow. Ideas right now are a Crypt and Scooze (for their applicability in other matchups) but we'll see.

Round 4 I played against Eldrazi Post and was fortunate enough to draw 2 wastelands in every game. I still managed to lose game 1 despite that but was pinned on 1 mana for too long with only a Delver getting in there. I would certainly have won Game 1 had I drawn a 2nd land to be able to cast Counterspell and Tarmogoyf. Game 2 the 2 wastelands and Sylvan Library made it a non game and Game 3 I was able to just keep the pressure up with Goyfs and Anglers outpacing his threats while wasteland and thoughtseize kept his resources pinned.

The tournament ended there and I came in 3rd (4 way tie for 3-1 lol) but I played a match against my friend on UW Blade. Game 1 I didn't get enough going early and we basically played the control mirror for 20 turns until I got destroyed by his superior cards. Game 2 and 3 the sideboard plan came together and I was just able to overpower everything by putting too much onto the table, going wide with Bitterblossom, keeping his mana pinned with Stifle and shredding the powerful stuff out of his hand with thoughtseizes.

Overall deck felt great and it had to play against what I would consider to be the tougher matchups (combo is obviously what we want to play against with our maindeck config). Abrupt Decay is fucking ACE in the meta now folks.
    Last edited by Stevestamopz; 03-02-2019 at 05:33 AM.

Nov 2017
    Shanghai, China

After long-time-no-confidence with BUG Delver, I saw Stevestamopz's list. Participated a 20 players tournament last weekend with an small-adjusted-version and got 4-2 finally.

Here is the list:
    Main-60
    2 Abrupt Decay
    1 Assassin's Trophy
    1 Bayou
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Daze
    4 Delver of Secrets
    3 Fatal Push
    4 Force of Will
    3 Gurmag Angler
    1 Island
    4 Misty Rainforest
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Ponder
    2 Spell Pierce
    1 Spell Snare
    3 Stifle
    3 Tarmogoyf
    3 Thoughtseize
    2 Tropical Island
    3 Underground Sea
    4 Wasteland
    SB-15
    2 Bitterblossom
    2 Diabolic Edict
    2 Golgari Charm
    1 Life from the Loam
    1 Liliana, the Last Hope
    1 Nihil Spellbomb
    1 Pithing Needle
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Sylvan Library
    2 True-Name Nemesis

-Changes for lands due to that I don't own the 4th USea and 3rd Trop. An island in main can also help me better play against Blood Moon/BTB/Wasteland/Price of Progress.
    -As the metagame has no DNT but several control decks, I used 1 LtLH to replace the Dread of Night.

Game record:
    R1: Izzet Delver XOO
    I think this deck is very popular today. Light up the Stage is such a power card which fit the UR Delver system. My opponent easily crashed me on G1 with the normal opening. But G2 and G3 was quite different story. Although he resolved Pteramander very early, he failed to find out enough spells to fill in the graveyard. Keep countering Light up the Stage stopped him from gaining value. Stifle and wasteland also performed well here. With Goyf+Angler's active combat I won the match. I shall say that our deck, either removal or counter spells, works really great against UR delver. Early game will mostly they press us with delvers/Pteramanders and Young Pyromancer(This is BUG's top hate tbh). Therefore for the SB game we can, as what we do against Grixis Delver, change us to become a little bit midrange-alike, with more swamping spells and removal. P.S. LtLH is their night mare.

R2: Dragon Stompy (feat. Sudden Shock and Leyline of Punishment) XX
    My G2 opponent is a famous Block-Deck player(oh actually there are more Block-deck players in Shanghai...you might heard it in Julian's podcast with James Hsu). G1 I kept with a lot of counters. But After I countered his Blood Moon x2, Goblins, Chalice and thoughtseized the Ensnaring Bridge, I got locked with a Trisphere and another Blood Moon. G2 I also countered a lot of his Block spells but I failed to find a big brother to finish the game.

R3: Esper Miracle OO
    G1 I pressed opponent to 2 life but he resolved Terminus + JTMS. I was thinking of losing this game but he found that he forgot to reset his main deck. Auto won the game 1 :)
    G2 the sideboard strategy was really spicy against Miracle with Bitterblossom and Liliana. Some on-time countering was also the key to stop them from gaining value.

R4: Grixis Control OO
    G1: Opponent failed to find fatal push to kill my 5/6 Goyf. He drew multiple JTMS and tried to bounce back Goyf. But I countered them successfully and wasted their lands afterward.
    G2: Opponent ate Thoughtseize + Wasteland + Stifle. Lacking mana that he couldn't do anything. The happiest thing was I made a 8/9 Goyf in this game as he FOWed my Bitterblossom. Big punch on the face!

R5: Elves OXX
    I used a lot of removal and mana destruction to slow-down my opponent in G1. And successfully crashed him with Angler. However in G2 and G3, I drew less creatures to press them, and I found that my opponent has less spell but used the new 2GG Elves(when you cast a creature spell, draw a card). I think the sideboard plan for this deck need more consideration. My plan was:
    Out: 3 Stifle and 1 more card I forgot
    In: 2 Charm, 1 LtLH, 1 Needle

R6: UW Omni-Tell feat. Thalia, Heretic Cathar and BTB OO
    G1 was a counter'n'block magic duel. And I won it finally as opponent has used up his hand and I resolved 2 creatures to keep combat.
    G2 Opponent boarded out all the Omni components. I got blocked with Thalia at T3 as I used up all my counters in the opening hand. But 2 flipped delvers helped me keeping pressing him. With a decay I unblock myself and resolved a Bitterblossom. (Yeah I didn't know he is Omni and went with the Miracle SB plan actually:) Won the game after 2 or 3 turns.

I think this BUG Delver build is spicy and fantastic. The rhythm is much faster as it replaced Hymm with more counter magic. The challenge for us will be that sometimes we couldn't find a creature when we really need one to finish the game. Also, "the last 1 mile road" is always the problem for BUG colour set, which need more investigation.
    Last edited by ReinhardtGao; 03-11-2019 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReinhardtGao View Post
    I think this BUG Delver build is spicy and fantastic. The rhythm is much faster as it replaced Hymm with more counter magic. The challenge for us will be that sometimes we couldn't find a creature when we really need one to finish the game. Also, "the last 1 mile road" is always the problem for BUG colour set, which need more investigation.
    Nice write-up.
    To me it still seems a bit counter-intuitive to play both discard and stifle in the same list, but at the same time it will catch people off-guard.
    Playing only 10 threads and no extra draw spells next to the standard 4 brainstorm and 4 ponder it's no wonder you find yourself lacking a creature once every few games. I think 12 is the minimum without any extra draw spells. Every creature less is more or less +1 or +2 draw/organize effects to make sure you find what you need.
    That said, moving one or two of the TNN to main will fix this and it will give you that one creature that would punch trough the last few damage.

Took the following list to a 5-round tournament for top 8 and sadly missed it by an inch.

Creatures:
    4 Delver of Secrets
    3 Pteramander
    3 Nimble Mongoose
    2 True-Name Nemesis

Spells:
    4 Force of Will
    4 Daze
    2 Spell Pierce
    1 Flusterstorm
    1 Mission Briefing
    3 Thoughtseize
    3 Assassin's Trophy
    3 Fatal Push
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder

Lands:
    9 fetch (4 Delta/4 Misty/1 Catacombs)
    3 Underground Sea
    2 Tropical Island
    1 Bayou
    4 Wasteland

Sideboard:
    1 Grafdigger's cage
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Faerie Macabre
    1 Vendilion Clique
    1 Bitterblossom
    1 Dread of Night
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Divert
    1 Hydroblast
    2 Abrupt Decay
    1 Golgari Charm
    1 Garruk Relentless
    1 Unmoored Ego

Round 1: vs EldraziPost
    Game 1
    I win the roll and start with Thoughtseize on Chalice seeing 2 TKS, Endbringer and 3 lands.
    Followed up by wasting his turn 1 tomb and another land and kept the field clean with FoW and Daze.
    2 Delvers beat down meanwhile.
    Game 2
    I mull to 4 by lacking blue mana.
    Thoughtseize Smasher but ended up dying to a Reshaper and TKS.
    Game 3
    Wierd game. Got a quick Delver down. Second one didn't flip.
    I counter some stuff, AssTrophy a Smasher after taking 2 hits and won on the turn 1 Delver with a blind flip.

2-1 win, 1-0-0 in rounds.

Round 2: UR Delver
    Game 1
    I lost the roll and face down a turn 1 Pteramander.
    Thoughtseize away Light Up The Stage on my first turn, seeing also FoW, TNN, Forked Bolt, Ponder, Brainstorm a mountain and a wasteland.
    Put in work to keep the TNN off the table. Meanwhile Pteramander boops the face untill it started hitting for 5.
    Game 2
    I mulled again and we both Delver out. I ended up dying.

0-2 loss, 1-1-0 in rounds.

Round 3: UW Delverblade
    Game 1
    Lost the roll. For the first dozen of turns I was not allowed to resolve anything.
    Facing down a TNN beating me down I managed to resolve a Pteramander. Boost it to 5/5 and race the TNN in 3 turns while I ended at 3 life.
    Game 2
    Very close game. Took away a SFM in my turn 1 leaving a Spell Snare (while I have AssTrophy on hand), Plow and a Ponder.
    I let my first Delver get Plowed and start hitting with the second one.
    After a while I get some Goose to stick around, taking a huge time to Trash up.
    He get's a Gideon making a token by tapping out. I got this window to AssTrophy the Gideon around his Snare. Then a Jitte got on the token.
    Facing 2 small Pteramander that weren't able to up any time soon and 2 Goose, with about 6 cards in the grave.
    I got a empty hand, ponder to shuffle and got a TNN, winning me the game trough the Jitte who had 2 counters at that moment.
    Topdecking for the win is a thing.

2-0 win, 2-1-0 in rounds.

Round 4: vs Grixis Phoenix
    Game 1
    Thinking I'm facing Grixis control or Grixis Delver I get hit by the Phoenix combo and die 2 turns later.
    Game 2
    I got 2 Goose on the table and we both get to do a whole lot of nothing else. The Goose are lose and beat trough to the end.
    Game 3
    I FoW a turn 1 Ritual and drop a quick Goose.
    FoW another Ritual turn 2 and counters and I think a Push prevent anything else from hitting the table.
    Goose gets there again.

2-1 win, 3-1-0 in rounds.

Round 5: vs Grixis Delver (had to play it since we both could not draw into the top 8)
    Game 1
    Some really aggressive wastelanding and counter blattles over Delvers. Then I got hit by Angler and died since my Goose got eaten and I didn't find an AssTrophy.
    Game 2
    After game 1 I didn't know what Delver version I was facing since I only saw Delver, Angler and Usea paired with Wasteland and counters. Boarded a few cards wrong because of this.
    This game was a TNN Showdown. I countered his first TNN just to face his second one and seeing the first one get back with K-Command.
    I still won on my own TNN and Goose to threaten the backswing.
    Game 3
    Stupid close game where he ended on 2 life and I died to a Angler in the end.
    Had to pitch my TNN to FoW countering his TNN since mine would land a turn later and lose the race.

1-2 loss, 3-2-0 in rounds.

All in all I'm really pleased with the result. First time taking BUG to a competitive setting and made a few mistakes.
    Total of 4 6-card mulls in 12 games (not counting the one game going down to 4 cards). This didn't feel like more times then I'm used to with Grixis Delver.

Goose both surprised me with his shroud power and failed me with his small 3/3 body, or slow 1/1 body.
    Same for Pteramander. Loved it since it's an extra blue-card to pitch. Loved it for flying. Loved it for racing a losing game to TNN. It's still a bit of stupid slow if your deck just doesn't do what it should be doing.

The 1-offs were fine. Fluster hit a ton of spells. Mission Briefing was actually nice to be a pseudo-backup-FoW or other stuff.

I still need to get used to not playing Stifle and playing Thoughtseize (and when to keep it and when to side it out)

EDIT: seems I forgot to add the sideboard.
    Last edited by Draggo; 03-24-2019 at 01:51 PM.

hey guys, just wondering why leovold isn't considered at all for the 3drop slot over tnn and liliana? my last deck was czech pile with drs and loved leovold in that deck so just trying to understand why people don't like him in this deck. any situations/meta's where you would consider running him?

thanks!

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by porkypads View Post
    hey guys, just wondering why leovold isn't considered at all for the 3drop slot over tnn and liliana? my last deck was czech pile with drs and loved leovold in that deck so just trying to understand why people don't like him in this deck. any situations/meta's where you would consider running him?

thanks!
    Quickly:

- 3 mana is a lot,
    - leovold is a card that is better for midrange strategies
    - if you strip their hand/resources with running thoughtseizes and stifles, wouldn't you rather just put them away and win the game instead with a Goyf/Angler?
    - Against what decks is leovold good against? I suppose it's fine as a way to help against all the discard in the meta but why is that better than TNN or Lili?
    - Again, 3 mana is a lot, especially when you have 4 dazes in your deck and no mana-dorks.

Thread Information