Page 149 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,980 of 3086

Thread: [Deck] Team America (BUG Delver)

Re: [Deck] Team America (BUG Delver)

I wouldn't say that running 3 drops is completely out of the question, but the number does have to decrease now. I think proactive 1-drops (Thoughtseize/Push) are more important now than than their 2-drop counterparts (Hymn/Decay), at least until the dust settles and we have an established metagame.

Tombstalkers have been my most reliable win condition against DnT so far, and multiples alongside Goyf hasn't yet been a problem. Remorseful Cleric might be an issue once M19 is legal, but we'll see.

Cards I'm looking at testing: Scavenging Ooze and Darkblast.

Nov 2017
    Columbus, OH

Messing around with cutting Delvers and go midrange. It’s done pretty well so far. Thoughts?

SB I think needs some work.

Deck: Legacy BUG Midrange 0.0.dec

Counts : 60 main / 15 sideboard

Creatures:16
    4 Noble Hierarch
    2 Baleful Strix
    1 Snapcaster Mage
    4 Tarmogoyf
    2 Leovold, Emissary of Trest
    3 True-Name Nemesis

Spells:24
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Fatal Push
    3 Ponder
    1 Spell Pierce
    2 Thoughtseize
    3 Abrupt Decay
    4 Daze
    1 Sylvan Library
    4 Force of Will

Lands:20
    1 Bayou
    3 Misty Rainforest
    4 Polluted Delta
    2 Tropical Island
    3 Underground Sea
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Wasteland

Sideboard:15
    2 Flusterstorm
    1 Spell Pierce
    3 Surgical Extraction
    2 Thoughtseize
    1 Bitterblossom
    2 Diabolic Edict
    1 Marsh Casualties
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    2 Winter Orb

Dec 2016
    Littleton, Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by RHWil View Post
    Messing around with cutting Delvers and go midrange. It’s done pretty well so far. Thoughts?

SB I think needs some work.

Deck: Legacy BUG Midrange 0.0.dec

Counts : 60 main / 15 sideboard

Creatures:16
    4 Noble Hierarch
    2 Baleful Strix
    1 Snapcaster Mage
    4 Tarmogoyf
    2 Leovold, Emissary of Trest
    3 True-Name Nemesis

Spells:24
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Fatal Push
    3 Ponder
    1 Spell Pierce
    2 Thoughtseize
    3 Abrupt Decay
    4 Daze
    1 Sylvan Library
    4 Force of Will

Lands:20
    1 Bayou
    3 Misty Rainforest
    4 Polluted Delta
    2 Tropical Island
    3 Underground Sea
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Wasteland

Sideboard:15
    2 Flusterstorm
    1 Spell Pierce
    3 Surgical Extraction
    2 Thoughtseize
    1 Bitterblossom
    2 Diabolic Edict
    1 Marsh Casualties
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    2 Winter Orb
    Not to be a dick, but there is already a BUG midrange thread.

Nov 2017
    Columbus, OH

Quote Originally Posted by Kion View Post
    Not to be a dick, but there is already a BUG midrange thread.
    No worries, didn't see it before this thread. Thanks.

Jun 2016
    Tampere, Finland

So BUG Delver took down a tournament:
    http://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=19666&d=326287&f=LE

Gurmag might be now the better option in the delve creature slot as we might not get to BB mana as consistently as we did with DRS.

https://www.cardmarket.com/en/Magic/...eath-of-Delver

MKM article mentions BUG delver in Prague.
    Similair list but with tombstalkers.

This template maybe the way to go from now on.
    I like the inclusion of 2 TNN.

Looking at the PT results, really looking forward to play BUG Delver as all of the T16 decks are quite manageable with the correct SB (especially Deathshadow, as AD wrecks them) :)

What are your thoughts on this, any suggestions / take aways?

May 2016
    italy

I started to test this list against my friends:

4 verdant catacombs
    4 polluted delta
    1 misty rainforest
    4 wasteland
    3 underground sea
    2 tropical island
    2 bayou

4 delver of secrets
    4 tarmogoyf
    4 true-name nemesis
    2 gurmag angler

4 ponder
    4 brainstorm
    4 force of will
    3 daze
    3 hymn to tourach
    3 fatal push
    3 abrupt decay
    2 diabolic edict

SIDEBOARD
    2 surgical extraction
    2 flusterstorm
    2 thoughtseize
    2 bitterblossom
    2 marsh casualties
    1 sylvan library
    1 liliana, the last hope
    1 pithing needle
    1 grafdigger's cage
    1 blue elemental blast

PS: the best configuration is 4 sea, 2 bayou, 1 tropical, but I don't have the 4th sea....

After my test, G1/G2/G3:
    RUG Delver 4-1
    D&T 6-1
    S&S 3-1
    Miracle 4-1
    Blade 4-0
    Elves 3-1
    Red Stompy 4-4 (depends on how many bmoon/magus he can see)
    4c Loam 4-2
    Eldrazi 2-0
    Grixis Control 4-1

(I don't know any Lands players amon my friends)

After my test, I think that BUG Delver must play 12-14 creatures....and then, after DRS ban, TNN can be a fantastic replace, with 20 lands...In addition there is an increase of blue-cards for Force of Will.
    With 4 TNN, Split 3 Daze/ 3 Tourach are enough.....double cc black contains only 3 cards in the deck...and then double cc blue only 4 cards...
    The deck looks very stable...Have u tested a similar deck, mates?

PS: this list has a VERY NICE TOPDECK!!!
    B U G
    born by a broken condom. grown in a manger.
    twitter.com/toffino

Storm Trooper
    Jun 2012
    Bremen, Germany

Did you only play games without sideboarding? Because I can't grasp how you managed to beat DnT so clearly. The Matchup is heavily unfavored for this deck. I dunno, 4 TNN seems kinda much, but I haven't tested it before.

I have to agree that 4 TNN seems to be a bit too much (and I personally prefer Tombstalker over Angler, but that something different) - Why are you so heavy on this 3 drop and not down to 12 creatures as most lists?

In addition, have you tested against Storm / Fast Combo? You seem to be a little bit low on interaction and a bit too heavy on removal for the average tournament meta.

This list has been putting up the most results online in legacy leagues, and it's a lot more tempo-focused than what I've been trying since the ban. It reminds me of the Dark Confidant builds from 3-4 years ago.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/1213713#paper

It was also discussed on the recent "This Week in Legacy" article.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles...commander-2018

Any thoughts on the set up? I'm going to try it out for a bit and see what happens.

May 2016
    italy

All results are bestof3.
    against DNT there are some cards in sb...bitterblossom for example can product a lot of advantages. I won all matches 2-1.

4 tnn? Before this choice, I played 3 gurmag and 3 tnn, but this is tooo clunky.....with 20 lands you can play 1-2 tnn, and its enough.

I haven't tested against storm yet, because I haven't friends with any kind of storm list...Today I won 2-1 against ub reanimator and 2-1 against br reanimator.

You Should test it eheheheh
    B U G
    twitter.com/toffino

Quote Originally Posted by toffee View Post
    All results are bestof3.
    against DNT there are some cards in sb...bitterblossom for example can product a lot of advantages. I won all matches 2-1.

4 tnn? Before this choice, I played 3 gurmag and 3 tnn, but this is tooo clunky.....with 20 lands you can play 1-2 tnn, and its enough.
    Agree, this seems way too clunky^^ Why are you not playing any Liliana main?

Quote Originally Posted by toffee View Post
    I haven't tested against storm yet, because I haven't friends with any kind of storm list...Today I won 2-1 against ub reanimator and 2-1 against br reanimator.

You Should test it eheheheh
    Should have mentioned it, I'm the one referenced in the MKM article so this is a fairly recent list of what I'm playing atm (few adjustments -1 Hymn +1 Liliana, SB: -2 TS +2 SP -1 Liliana +1 Sylvan Library) - So I've tested quite a lot of storm, that's were my request on your experiences with your removal-heavy version is coming from.

With regards to the MTGGoldfish-list, I tested quite some matches with a more tempo-heavy version (4 Stifles but also Mongoose etc.) but didn't like it too much as BUG seems to be better at proactivly disrupting our opponent instead to sitting back and reacting. In addition, I don't like the combination of Stifle and Discard as it's always a hard decision with high downside if you make the wrong call.

What are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Storming_Dude View Post
    I don't like the combination of Stifle and Discard as it's always a hard decision with high downside if you make the wrong call.

What are your thoughts?
    I agree that there's tension between the cards, but if you think about Stifle as a hard counter to Terminus that also has upsides in almost every other match, it seems reasonable to play. Mostly, this version looks like it's all-in for combo matches G1, while losing a ground against DnT.

Saving discard for key turns where you want to resolve something important, or before your opponent resolves something on curve sounds like a better use of Thoughtseize rather than blind T1.

I dunno though, it might play better in practice than it looks.

May 2016
    italy

Quote Originally Posted by Storming_Dude View Post
    Agree, this seems way too clunky^^ Why are you not playing any Liliana main?

Should have mentioned it, I'm the one referenced in the MKM article so this is a fairly recent list of what I'm playing atm (few adjustments -1 Hymn +1 Liliana, SB: -2 TS +2 SP -1 Liliana +1 Sylvan Library) - So I've tested quite a lot of storm, that's were my request on your experiences with your removal-heavy version is coming from.

With regards to the MTGGoldfish-list, I tested quite some matches with a more tempo-heavy version (4 Stifles but also Mongoose etc.) but didn't like it too much as BUG seems to be better at proactivly disrupting our opponent instead to sitting back and reacting. In addition, I don't like the combination of Stifle and Discard as it's always a hard decision with high downside if you make the wrong call.

What are your thoughts?
    I'm not playing any llveil because there are 4 cc3 drops, and then I don't want to any other double black....I'm not playing stalker because of the same reason...
    About 14 creatures....I've lost a lot of matches without any creature onto the battlefield...BUG isn't GRIXIS/RUG where I can play Bolt....So I MUST see at least 2-3 creatures in order to win the match...and then, If it is a TNN, it is very difficult to my opponent resolves that.
    I decided to play 2 edicts over llveil-edict ability because of i.e. Mongoose, other gurmags, tnn, marit lage...
    this is a list where 'I beat, beat, beat'...with sideboard I can resolve bad matchups... maybe adding 3 seize, 3 surgical for example...or dread of night for DT, or 3 bblossom against some matchups, in order to play on 2th turn.
    I don't what could be the best configuration, but maindeck works very well.
    So, what could be the best sideboard configuration?

ps: tonight (pracrice) I won 4-2 against grixis control, 3-1 against grixis shadow and then 2-1 against ub reanimator (all best of 3)...
    with this sideboard: 3 bblossom, 3 surgical, 2 seize, 2 flusterstorm, 2 marsh casualties, 1 llhope, 1 needle, 1 beb.

another question: what do u think about 2 push 1 dismember instead of 3 push?
    Last edited by toffee; 08-08-2018 at 05:02 AM.
    B U G
    twitter.com/toffino

May 2016
    italy
    B U G
    twitter.com/toffino

I tested on cockatrice against RUgdelver stoneblade variant grixis control and miracle.

May 2016
    italy

Quote Originally Posted by adrieng View Post
    I tested on cockatrice against RUgdelver stoneblade variant grixis control and miracle.
    can u make a small report about rug delver / stoneblade and grixis? with your choice for side in/out? What would you like to change from MD?
    B U G
    twitter.com/toffino

I did something like that RUg delver +2 fluster -2 HTT
    stoneblade +1 library +2 bitterblossom -2 edict -1 fow
    grixis control - 4 fow +2 blossom +1 library +1 last hope
    miracle -2 wasteland -3 daze -3 push -2 edict + 2blossom +1 library +1 last hope +2 fluster +1 needle +2 surgical +1 seize

I played also against reanimator which I lost and moon stompy which I lost in 2/3 (that was close)

I have found maindeck to be very good, I don't like the seize in side, I think I would play something more focused on combo maybe mistcaller or more flustestorm/swan song.

Didn't brought marsh casualties but I suppose they are for elf and death and taxes.

Thread Information