Page 146 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,920 of 3086

Thread: [Deck] Team America (BUG Delver)

MTGO Name: Adelorenzi
    Mar 2009

Re: [DTB] Team America (BUG Delver)

We go back to Temporal Mastery 'stalker beats

Quote Originally Posted by ironclad8690 View Post
    We go back to Temporal Mastery 'stalker beats
    What even is this...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt_Lucifer View Post
    What even is this...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=S6GtH7BYizs
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

Mar 2009

So I tried to stream a league. I went 5-0, but the stream was unfortunately super far behind and laggy.

Death and Taxes: 2-0
    Lands: 2-1
    Sneak and Show: 2-0
    TES: 2-1
    Tezzerator: 2-0

You can see the first 4.5 matches here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/249344691

I tried to stream the whole thing, but I guess at the time I hit "end broadcast" the stream was super far behind, cutting off the end of the TES match and the Tezz match.

Here was list: https://imgur.com/a/1TeV1

Mar 2009

Streamed another couple of unexciting leagues. Went 1-3 in one losing to miracles, bug control, and uwr blade (blood moon g3). 2-3 in today's losing to bug control, grixis delver, and czech pile. The matchups were very close, with one game vs bug control being decided by a topdecked TNN to change the math in his favor on the last possible turn (otherwise I win with Tombstalker beats), grixis delver drawing TNN while I kept drawing lands, and Czech Pile just sort of playing around my soft countermagic.

I am thinking of adding better grind cards to my list. Liliana of the Veil has been underperforming for sure, so I am thinking of replacing her with some combination of Leovold/Liliana, the Last Hope.

Storm Trooper
    Jun 2012
    Bremen, Germany

Sounds like a lot of close matchups. Sometimes its just variance. I also came to the conclusion, that LOTV is underperforming at the moment. There are certainly situations where she shines, but LTLH seems to be better positioned against our bad matchups.
    Im kinda reluctant to include her as a 2-off tho.

Storm Trooper
    Jun 2012
    Bremen, Germany

Today I played a small tournament with 17 players in my hometown, Bremen, Germany. It was the first legacy tournament if its kind and there were 15 proxys allowed to give modern and standard players more incentive. As a result of that, some of the players were kinda inexperienced, which made things a bit easier for me.

I tested 1 Leovold in my list as a proxy.

List:

1x Tombstalker
    1x Leovold, Emissary of Trest
    4x Tarmogoyf
    4x Delver of Secrets
    4x Deathrite Shaman

4x Force of Will
    4x Daze
    4x Brainstorm
    2x Fatal Push
    3x Abrupt Decay

1x Liliana of the Veil

3x Hymn to Tourach
    1x Thoughtseize
    4x Ponder

4x Wasteland
    4x Underground Sea
    2x Bayou
    1x Tropical Island
    4x Polluted Delta
    4x Misty Rainforest
    1x Verdant Catacombs

SB:

2x Golgari Charm
    2x Flusterstorm
    2x Surgical Extraction
    2x Jace, the Mindsculptor
    1x Sylvan Library
    1x Fatal Push
    1x Dismember
    1x Life from the Loam
    1x Thoughtseize
    1x Hymn to Tourach
    1x Toxic Deluge

I went to 3rd place with 3-2 Score.

Round 1: Bye
    Round 2: 2-0 Storm (ANT)
    Round 3: 2-1 Czech Pile
    Round 4: 0-2 Ravager Stompy
    Round 5: 1-2 Manaless Dredge

I made alot of mistakes (throwing away the match against Dredge, because I missed the opportunity to kill my own creature to remove bridges) and couldnt deal with Chalice against Stompy (my deck just wouldnt cooperate in this match). In the end I found that: I really want some form of graveyard hate, which removes the whole graveyard (Im thinking of 3 GY-Hate pieces overall). Leovold was awesome against Pile and mediocre against the rest (so propably a sideboard card for me in the future). I really want a LTLH. Really bad. This card is awesome against all the bad matchups we have.

And I learned, I really have to mulligan more aggressively. Not mulliganing correctly was responsible for many of my losses today.

Re: [Deck] Team America (BUG Delver)

DRS lives to fight another day

With regards to LotV vs LtLH, LH is great against bad matchups until you hit something like Lands which kinda invalidates her. Mind you, I dont think LotV particularly shines here either as they just make Marut Lage EOT.

I have been considering a 1/1 split but warey of drawing the wrong Liliana in a match - would rather consistency and maybe have 1 in the side.

Mar 2009

Yeah I agree. I am still back and forth. Lili of the Veil was responsible for my wins today against Depths, Moon Stompy, and Sneak and Show, so I guess it really depends which half of the metagame you face. I kind of like to just play Veil and a bunch of sweepers sideboard to deal with the X/1s, G Charm isn't bad vs Pile by any means either. I have cleared Strixes off of the board and used the regeneration mode against Push/Decay. Charm helps vs way more decks than I thought it would.

Mar 2009

5-0'd another league.

Turbo Depths (Mengucci): 2-1
    Moon Stompy: 2-1
    Sneak and Show: 2-1
    Death and Taxes: 2-1
    BR Reanimator: 2-0 (seemed like he just drew REALLY badly)

List was the same, but I put a Painful Truths in my sideboard. Been liking it vs Miracles & the Baleful Strix bunch.

Yeah I agree. I am still back and forth. Lili of the Veil was responsible for my wins today against Depths, Moon Stompy, and Sneak and Show, so I guess it really depends which half of the metagame you face. I kind of like to just play Veil and a bunch of sweepers sideboard to deal with the X/1s, G Charm isn't bad vs Pile by any means either. I have cleared Strixes off of the board and used the regeneration mode against Push/Decay. Charm helps vs way more decks than I thought it would.
    Yeah saw you running Charm in the side and wanted to give it a shot. Can cut my more narrow Dread of Night (regular DnT in my Meta) for it.

Between Charm and Deluge, Last Hope is less necessary in the main, might still keep one in the side cause it just wrecks some matchups.

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

5-0'd another league.

Turbo Depths (Mengucci): 2-1
    Moon Stompy: 2-1
    Sneak and Show: 2-1
    Death and Taxes: 2-1
    BR Reanimator: 2-0 (seemed like he just drew REALLY badly)

List was the same, but I put a Painful Truths in my sideboard. Been liking it vs Miracles & the Baleful Strix bunch.
    Painful truths is the truth (har har har).

Just wanted to say thanks for the streaming. I can never watch them live due to the time difference but it's nice to watch after work.

Edit: Against discard heavy decks like Turbo-Ape, I like bringing in the Painful Truths. There are so few relevant cards in the matchup and they take great delight in stripping them from your hand,so truths is good at pulling you back after you've been forced to mulligan to 3 and also undoing their work.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

Mar 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Painful truths is the truth (har har har).

Just wanted to say thanks for the streaming. I can never watch them live due to the time difference but it's nice to watch after work.

Edit: Against discard heavy decks like Turbo-Ape, I like bringing in the Painful Truths. There are so few relevant cards in the matchup and they take great delight in stripping them from your hand,so truths is good at pulling you back after you've been forced to mulligan to 3 and also undoing their work.
    Glad you enjoy it! I will try boarding it in vs depths too.

Most recently I streamed myself losing to grixis delver, uw humiliating miracles, and br reanimator before dropping lol!

Mar 2009

Went 3-2 today in a league.

UR Delver feat. Wasteland: 0-2
    Grixis Delver: 1-2
    UW Delver: 2-1
    Affinity: 2-0
    Dredge: 2-0

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/251901408

Mar 2009

4-1 today.

Grixis Delver: 2-0
    UB Control: 2-1
    RW Taxes: 0-2

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/252206128

4-1 today.

UB Control: 2-1
    RW Taxes: 0-2

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/252206128

Hi ironclad,

I noticed your trend against Grixis Delver of loss, loss, win, win over your last few posts. Any insight on what was different between the losses and the wins? Any tips on how to approach this matchup? Note, I haven't watched your videos yet.

Mar 2009

Quote Originally Posted by aedrew View Post
    Hi ironclad,

I noticed your trend against Grixis Delver of loss, loss, win, win over your last few posts. Any insight on what was different between the losses and the wins? Any tips on how to approach this matchup? Note, I haven't watched your videos yet.
    Honestly I think i won the roll and opened with DRS every game I won. That might be all it boils down to. Board out forces and some number of hymns, Lili the last hope is pretty sweet. Sylvan library is also worth bringin in. Other than that my board had sweepers and edicts, those all come in + any 1 mana removal.

Honestly I think i won the roll and opened with DRS every game I won. That might be all it boils down to. Board out forces and some number of hymns, Lili the last hope is pretty sweet. Sylvan library is also worth bringin in. Other than that my board had sweepers and edicts, those all come in + any 1 mana removal.
    Thanks for the reply. This matches my experience as well.

Hey guys, is there a Discord server for BUG Delver, if so can someone please link me :).

Cheers.

Mar 2009

Quote Originally Posted by WThomas View Post
    Hey guys, is there a Discord server for BUG Delver, if so can someone please link me :).

Cheers.
    https://discord.gg/bMMqer

Thread Information