Page 147 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,940 of 3086

Thread: [Deck] Team America (BUG Delver)

Jun 2016
    Tampere, Finland

Re: [Deck] Team America (BUG Delver)

Quote Originally Posted by ironclad8690 View Post

Seems like the link is expired.

MTGO Name: Adelorenzi
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Kylis View Post
    Seems like the link is expired.
    They only last 24 hours.

Hey does anyone think a BUG list with 3 trop, 2 bayou, and 1 underground sea would work? It would have a heavy u/g influence splashing black.
    - Deathrite
    - maybe Snap or Delver
    - TNN
    - abrupt decay
    - etc, any comments or advice would b helpful

Mar 2009

Quote Originally Posted by bomberman32 View Post
    Hey does anyone think a BUG list with 3 trop, 2 bayou, and 1 underground sea would work? It would have a heavy u/g influence splashing black.
    - Deathrite
    - maybe Snap or Delver
    - TNN
    - abrupt decay
    - etc, any comments or advice would b helpful
    Yeah go for it. Can't play Hymn though, go for spell pierce or thoughtseize (or dimir charm). Also probably don't want lilis of any sort.

Mar 2009

Been recording my leagues an uploading to youtube instead of streaming (because my comp or internet or both suck).

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4b...GJ_tjE3tG_PKpQ

Check it out! (so far only crappy leagues but yeah :)

Storm Trooper
    Jun 2012
    Bremen, Germany

I'm getting kinda frustrated with Team America lately. I really Love the deck but I feel we are behind on alot of angles. Or maybe its just my local meta. Have been playing Lands and Chalice decks all day. But I feel Grixis just might be the better choice at the moment.

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by JanoschEausH View Post
    I'm getting kinda frustrated with Team America lately. I really Love the deck but I feel we are behind on alot of angles. Or maybe its just my local meta. Have been playing Lands and Chalice decks all day. But I feel Grixis just might be the better choice at the moment.
    Yes. Because of price

Storm Trooper
    Jun 2012
    Bremen, Germany

Just a short tournament report from Germany. I played at the MKM Series in Hamburg, which had ~260 players. There were 9 rounds before Top8.
    Despite my lates frustration with the deck I played BUG Delver. I knew beforehand that Top8 would be quite hard to reach for me, so my aim was to have fun and to get more experience with the deck. In the end I had an even record of 4-4-drop, which was not the best but considering my expectations quite ok for me.

I played this list:

4x DRS
    4x Delver
    4x Tarmogoyf
    1x Tombstalker

2x Liliana of the Veil

4x Brainstorm
    4x Force of Will
    4x Daze
    3x Abrupt Decay
    2x Fatal Push

4x Hymn to Tourach
    4x Ponder

4x Underground Sea
    2x Bayou
    1x Tropical Island
    4x Polluted Delta
    4x Misty Rainforest
    1x Verdant Catacombs
    4x Wasteland

Sideboard:
    2x Golgari Charm
    1x Toxic Deluge
    1x Fatal Push
    1x Dismember
    2x Thoughtseize
    1x Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    1x Liliana, the Last Hope
    3x Surgical Extraction
    2x Spell Pierce
    1x Sylvan Library

Round 1: Death & Taxes (I win the die roll) 1:2
    G1: I have a brutal tempo start with DRS and Delver, backed up by Force, later drawn Daze and some removal. I hit him with Hymn when he was on 2 cards in hand. He never comes on the board.
    G2: We have a damage race, but he can resolve a Mirran Crusader. I have a Toxic Deluge for that but he draws a second one.
    G3: He can handle my DRS and Tarmogoyf. I cant find enough removal or board clear to break his moms. In the end he keeps me on 2 mana with Ports so I cant resolve a Toxic Deluge, which sits in my hand from the beginning.

Round 2: RW Painter (I win the die roll) 2:0
    G1: I get non board with Goyf and Delver. He can resolve a Blood Moon, but has no answers to the beats.
    G2: He can resolve an early Ensnanring Bridge. I slowly get a board presence, counter his Tutors and Painter and eventually Decay the bridge and kill him.

Round 3: Show and Tell (I lose the die roll) 2:1 (against BigUp, the Alter-Artist)
    G1: I can prevent his first SNT while hitting with 2 non-flipped Delvers for, like, 4 Rounds. Eventually they flip but he can resolve another SNT to bring in Omniscience and cast Griselbrand but cant draw any cards due to life total. He keeps hitting me, gaining life in the process and I cant race it. He finally counters my Liliana and ends the game.
    G2: I can build a fast board presence and tempo him out with several Hymns that cripple his hand. He resolves basically nothing.
    G3: I keep a discard heavy hand and hope for no Leyline. He has none and finds him soon with an empty hand. Eventually he resolves a Sneak Attack but fails to find a beater.

Round 4: Mono Black Pox (I win the die roll) 2:0
    G1: He takes a mulligan to 5. I have 2 Hymns.
    G2: Game goes quite long. In the beginning I Thoughtseize him and see Smallpox, Toxic Deluge, Bloodghast, Crucible of Worlds, Ensnanring Brudge, Liliana, the Last Hope and a Land. I discard the bridge. Luckily he seems to be drawing Mishra's Factories and Urborgs, which match perfectly to my 3 drawn Wastelands. He bricks on 2 Lands, never beeing able to cast Crucible. Despite his 3 Bloodghast, Goyfs kill him chump by chump.

Round 5: Dragon Stompy (I win the die roll) 1:2
    G1: He resolves a Blood Moon. I have one DRS with no Lands in the graveyard. Thats that.
    G2: I keep a good hand with lots of permission. I counter Chalice, Blood Moon and a Magus. I get some beater out which he cant handle, because I Decay his first bridge.
    G3: I cant find a good hand an mull to 5. Despite my Turn 1 DRS I cant play through his multiple Moon effects.

Round 6: Merfolk (I win the die roll) 2:0
    G1: He mulls to 5 and I Hymn him. He has 2 cards left, which are both lands.
    G2: He has a slow start but resolves a Chalice of the Void. I have literally no CMC1 spells in Hand and crush him with multiple Tarmogoyfs and Decays. I didnt even bother to destroy his Chalice.

Round 7: Esper Deathblade (I win the die roll) 1:2 (you can find his report in the Deathblade Thread)
    G1: Damage race. We trade back and forth. He resolves a Tomb Stalker (unexpected) and beats me to death.
    G2: I tempo him out with a mixed draw of threats and permission.
    G3: He fucking Notion Thiefs my Brainstorm. I am locked with almost no cards in hand.

Round 8: Elves (I lose the die roll) 0:2
    G1: I hit him down to 9 but he can resolve a lethal Natural Order. I would have killed him exactly if my Delvers flipped, that I deployed on Turn 1...
    G2: We trade some flesh but he is low on creatures so even with Natural Order, he cant instantly kill me. So he Orders for Elderscale Wurm, which I can't beat because his DRS blocks my DRS so I cant even get him with life loss. Eventually he floods the board and resolves another Order for the kill. I wasn't able to find a single mass removal during this game. But Elves is a really bad MU, so it might not matter at all.

Round 9: Drop to get some nice food.

I had a really fun tournament experience. The deck performed well but I really struggled against Blood Moon and Elves. Against Elves I am considering running Leovold. Against Moon I have no idea. It feels not winnable with this deck. During the tournament I met 3 other BUG Delver players and all experienced the same problems against this meta. I will keep playing the deck, because I like it, but I think if you want to win, we are not in a good position with this deck.

EDIT: I realize, that I got quite lucky with my die rolls, but I wasnt able to capitalize on it. Could be because of matchups or, more likely, of my disability. Also I had quite a few situations where I played a Delver which just wouldnt flip. Could be bad luck. But I believe BUG might be the worst delver shell.
    Last edited by JanoschEausH; 05-23-2018 at 02:44 PM.

Storm Trooper
    Jun 2012
    Bremen, Germany

Last Sunday I won our local Legacy tournament in Bremen, Germany with BUG Delver. It's a 15 card proxy event, so it attracts some more people especially from modern. In the end there were 14 players.

I used the list from my last post, with some minor changes:

Maindeck: -2 Liliana of the Veil; +1 Leovold, Emissary of Trest, +1 Liliana, the Last Hope
    Sideboard: -1 Liliana, the Last Hope; +1 Leovold, Emissary of Trest

I went 4-0 and took home some MCM credit.

Round 1 (2:1): MUD
    G1: We have a damage race, 2 Tarmogoyf and a DRS on my side against his manastones and a Lodestone Golem. I decay a chalice and FoW his Wurmcoil Engine. He then plays around Daze and tapps for Platinum Emperion on 3 life. I can drain him to 1 in response, but have no outs against the big beater.
    G2: T1 Delver that flips. He struggles against Wastelands with Tomb as his only real mana source. We both deal quick dmg to him and he scoops.
    G3: I keep a quite passive but reactive hand with no beater but counter and removal. He tries to resolve Chalice, Trinisphere and a Monolith, but I have Daze, and 2 Spell Pierce. Soon after, I can resolve Tarmogoyf. Wasteland helps to keep him on 5 mana so he cant resolve a Wurmcoil Engine.

Round 2: (2:0) Ruby Storm
    G1: I know what hes playing because we player for fun before the tournament started. I hit him heavy with 2 Hymns while a DRS nabs at his life total. The DRS controls his GY so he cant play flashback shenanigans. He tries to go off, but I have FoW for his Draw-7 spell.
    G2: I keep a sick hand with FoW, Decay and Golgari Charm along lands, a cantrip and DRS. He Gitaxian Probes me T1 and sighs. He then plays his cost reducers into my removal. I soon find a Delver that flips and he dies with alot of Rituals and an Empty the Warrens in hand.

Round 3: (2:1) BUG Food Chain
    G1: We trade removal over some DRS. He resolves a Food Chain that I have Decay for. He then resolves another Food Chain but is empty handed, because I Hymn a Decay and a Misthollow Griffin from his hand. He cant find a way to exile his Griffin and doesnt draw any business afterwards.
    G2: I can keep him from comboing several times, but he has a Relic of Progenitus to get at least his Griffins back. He finds no way to combo-kill me, but eventually I die to Griffin beats.
    G3: This game is close. I can resolve 2 Hymns again and we both get into topdeck mode relatively quickly. I can resolve a Leovold, which beats him down and lets several cantrips strand into his hand. He eventually finds removal and starts digging. He finds a Griffin and casts it, to protect him from my flipped Delver. Next turn I attack him and he blocks with Griffin, but I use the regeneration mode from Golgari Charm to keep my Delver. He is on 1 life at this moment and uses Manipulate Fate to shuffle his Library, then Ponders to find a Ballista which can exatly kill my Delver. I then topdeck Liliana, the Last Hope and can revive a DRS against which he finds no answer.

Round 4: (2:1) Enchantress
    G1: I have a creature heavy hand, which he stifles with his Elephant Grass. He cant seem to find an Enchantress Effect and one single Goyfs slowly nabs his life to 0.
    G2: Similiar to G1, but he can resolve one Enchantress Presence while I got stuck on 1 Land. He expands his board and eventually has the lock with two Enchantress effects, shroud for his board and several Elephant Grasses
    G3: I resolve Turn 2 Leovold and counter his Oblivion Ring. Looks like Leovold counters his whole strategy and he scoops quickly.

I really liked the Leovolds. They did alot against against my opponents from Round 2 to 4. Liliana of the Veil was really bad in my testing aswell as my last big tournament, so I decided to drop them. Liliana, the Last Hope feels much better in the current metagame and i'm glad I swapped them out. I think I finally arrived at a BUG Delver list, that I like for this metagame. Sure we still die to Blood Moon, but I think there is no way to work around that. Maybe a Swamp in the SB. Marit Lage is a serious threat, but Hymn to Tourach in combination with Wasteland is amazing against that deck. Being able to discard Lands is big Plus this deck has.

Woohoo, I finally built BUG Delver on mtgo! Purchased my Liliana of the Veils a few days ago.

My current configuration is very traditional with some metacalls given the prevalence of 4c-control and Grixis Delver:

12 creatures:
    4x Deathrite Shaman
    4x Delver of Secrets
    4x Tarmogoyf

2 planeswalkers:
    2x Liliana of the Veil

2 enchantments:
    2x Dead weight

25 instants/sorceries:
    4x Force of Will
    4x Daze
    4x Ponder
    4x Brainstorm
    4x Hymn to Tourach
    4x Abrupt Decay
    1x Life from the Loam

19 lands:
    3 Underground Sea
    2 Bayou
    1 Tropical Island
    4 Misty Rainforest
    3 Polluted Delta
    2 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Wastelands

Sideboard (15):
    1x Cabal Pit
    2x Surgical Extraction
    1x Nihil Spellbomb
    1x Pithing Needle
    2x Fatal Push
    1x Hydroblast
    1x Blue Elemental Blast
    2x Spell Pierce
    2x Golgari Charm
    2x Leovold, Emissary of Trest

This list might seem a bit unusual, but I have my reasons for playing it the way it is:

- 19 lands + 1 life from the loam + sb cabal pit:
    I didn't really have land struggles so far despite not playing 20 lands. Loam gives me nice free wins against the two most popular decks, Grixis and Czech Pile, and fuels my Liliana. Postboard I have a Cabal Pit against deathrite decks for repeatable removal that also kills Mirran Crusader. The 20th land is also decent against Wasteland which a lot of DRS decks play anyways.

- 2 Dead Weights:
    I come from a Grixis/RUG Delver background, but I've dabbled with Team America before and I know one thing: We use all our mana each turn unless we're intentionally playing around soft counters. That means that the amount of times where I need a fatal push instant-speed is very low. The upside I get from growing my Tarmogoyfs to 5/6s or (with Liliana) even 6/7s is well worth the cost in my experience, especially because of Gurmag Angler. Plus I've won 2 Game 1s already where I dead-weighted a Griselbrand and forced him to chump my Tarmogoyf ;)

- 4 Abrupt Decay:
    One if not THE reason I play this deck: I want maindeck answers to Chalice, Back to Basics, Ensnaring Bridge, a late Blood Moon, Aether Vial, Umezawa's Jitte, the list goes on and on.
    Playing less than 4 feels wrong to me. If I wanted efficient removal spells I'd play Grixis and do it properly, not do a poor impersonation with Fatal Pushes that are dead against all the decks I want to be better against than Grixis!

- No Tombstalker: I see no real reason to run Tombstalker: It gets blocked by Baleful Strix just as Tarmogoyf does, but it's not only even clunkier, but also shrinks our goyfs! And for what? To trade with a Gurmag Angler because most of the time Grixis is ahead in the race? No, thank you.

- 2 Liliana of the Veil instead of Liliana the Last Hope:
    My philosophy with building and playing this deck is not to have the grindiest, but to have the most resilient and versatile, yet still aggressive deck. Liliana of the Veil gives me maindeck answers to cards like TNN, Mirran Crusader and Marit Lage that I'd otherwise have problems with. At the same time it's a card that's at least decent in every matchup.
    Last Hope does plain nothing against combo and is only good against specific decks. Sure, these decks are popular, but I'd argue that I prefer LotV against Grixis because it's TNN and Angler I'm afraid of, nothing else.

- No Diabolic Edicts in the sideboard:
    In my experience that card is no longer good. It used to be good against HexDepths and Lands, but almost nobody plays Lands nowadays while HexDepths has adapted with mishra's factory, dryad arbor, bitterblossom, deathrite shaman, bob, sylvan safekeeper, etc., etc. If only we had a repeatable... oh, hey Liliana of the Veil!

- Leovold in the sideboard instead of Jace:
    Is there against combo and grindier matchups. Against Reanimator and Show&Tell he's a pseudo-lock with LotV, making even Griselbrand useless. He also pitches to FoW which is nice. Why not in the mainboard? Because he's very inefficient and mediocre against Grixis (doesn't reallly block anything, if they don't daze him they bolt him, at least Liliana affects the board immediately) and Stompy. There's some matchups this guy is just super awesome in though, e.g. Elves, Miracles, Storm and Show&Tell.
    I don't feel like Jace would be any better in these matchups besides vs. Miracles (and even there 4 mana is a ton).

- 2 Hydroblasts in the sideboard:
    We only play 20 blue cards in the mainboard which is my personal Threshold. Yet there are some matchups where we pretty much need a FoW in the opener when we're otd (Belcher, TES, Mono-R-Stompy) and some where it would be appreciated (Lands, Burn). Playing these cards over let's say Thoughtseizes pushes the blue-count to a comfortable 26 postboard against combo.

- 2 Spell Pierces in the sideboard instead of Flusterstorms:
    I get it, Flusterstorm is generally better against combo, but what about our archenemies, Blood Moon and Jace? The combo-matchup is already very good, I'd rather boost the matchups where we struggle.

- 1 Nihil Spellbomb in the sideboard:
    I found Sylvan Library to be quite underwhelming tbh. In a lot of fair matchups I want to stabilize the board and use my life total as a resource in exchange for card advantage. Sylvan Library doesn't help here and often times gets awkward against Grixis, D&T and other midrange decks since I have to pay 4 life to at least get the card investment back.
    Spellbomb on the other side not only grows Tarmogoyf, it's also a great way to prevent various decks from utilizing their graveyard which often times remains their only out against Hymns and LotV.
    This card isn't just a random fun-of, but occupies a spot in my sideboarding where it slides in exactly the spots I need it. Also Silent Gravestone is a thing.

- 2 Golgari Charms in the sideboard:
    Lots of people seem to hate this card, personally I find it one of the best sideboard cards in this deck! It just does so much in the matchups I bring it in:

Grixis Delver: Kills Pyromancer, TNN, unflipped Delver, sometimes regenerates.
    Elves/Maverick: Wraths their small dudes, but kills Choke, too.
    Stoneblade/Noble Duke: Kills Snapcaster, Strix, Lingering Souls, TNN while getting rid of RIP, B2B, regenerates against Supreme Verdict
    Sneak&Show: Obviously Sneak Attack, but they tend to bring in Blood Moons and Leylines (which can be backbreaking).
    ANT/TES/Belcher: Being able to Wrath on t2 otd is crucial when they make 10 or more goblins t1. Cute against Xantid Swarm and Carpet of Flowers, but those are seldom seen.
    HexDepths: Kills Hexmage, Sylvan Safekeeper and Bitterblossom/Tokens.
    4c-control: They tend to cast a billion strixes, so all I have to do is get a board, then wrath the defense and swing.

Is it just better than Toxic Deluge? Certainly not, but the way I play I'd have no real use for Toxic Deluge for 2 since I e.g. never board out delver. And building a board against a sea of strixes doesn't do much good if I can only wrath for 1 anyways. Besides, 3 mana is 50% more than 2 mana which is a lot against Grixis and D&T. And everytime I get to regenerate my Leovold in response to a removal spell I feel warm and fuzzy inside ;)

I played 10 leagues in the last couple of weeks (with small changes) and went 5-0 in one, 4-1 in three, 3-2 in four and 2-3 in two. Overall this deck feels super powerful and consistent. Besides Red Prison (before my hydroblasts) I never felt like a matchup was super bad. Coming from a Grixis Delver background I loved the ability to grind through lockpieces, the ability to lock out games myself without attacking (e.g. via Liliana, Loam or simply by ripping apart the opponent's hand) and especially the supersmooth manabase.
    The factor that this deck is on nobody's radar only makes things better!
    Last edited by Agrippa91; 06-01-2018 at 09:46 PM.

Storm Trooper
    Jun 2012
    Bremen, Germany

Hey Agrippa91, thank you for your detailed description of your build. I think your way of building the deck is inspiring. I have thought about going down to 19 Lands, too. I also like how you tune against Stompy decks. I've been looking to Hydroblast effects too, but wasn't sure if they are worth it overall. I can see your reasoning against Tombstalker - he definitely was underperforming for me in the last tournaments aswell. As was Jace, so I might cut him, too.

What I'm not so sure about are those things:

- Lilly of the Veil. I really liked her and played her during most of my tournaments. But she just didn't perform well. I found myself in alot of situations where I didn't want to discard anything with her, but I kinda had to plus her. Against TNN decks and DnT, she was not precise enough - they were always able to sack other dudes, be it Dryad Arbor or vialed-in Mother of Runes. Her Edict being sorcery speed lead to EoT Marit Lages, beating my face next turn. On the other hand: whenever I brought in LtLH, she was sick (could be because I brought her only in against MUs where she shines tho). Her Ultimate is a threat to any deck, so I never found her unseless. So in the end, I dropped Lilly of the Veil for her and haven't looked back since.

- 4 Abrupt Decay. This number feels clunky somehow. If it wasn't for chalice decks, I would have cut that card entirely. Against alot of MUs I wished my clunky Decays would be more efficient removal. But I can see their worth against Blood Moon decks, against which I struggled heavily, so I might try your configuration.

- No Fatal Pushes Maindeck. Again, I have to test that, but my removal being instant speed has saved my ass severall times against Vial decks. On the other hand, those were the only matchups, where I needed my removal being in instant. Most of the time I use those like sorceries, so maybe you are right. I definitely like the Goyf-Enhancement and permanent -2/-2 effect.

- No Sylvan Library in 75. I dunno, Library has probably been the best SB card retrospectively for me. It helped alot in postboard games to grind out more control-ish decks like Pile and DnT or Miracles. I was even considering bringing it maindeck in place of a Ponder. I feel, we have to take it alot slower postboard and Library helps alot with the card selection.

- Loam maindeck. I played Loam in the SB for a long time and I didn't feel like this card did enough for me. I even had it against Lands most of the time and they didn't care much. I can see how it is bonkers when you can stifle opponents manabases, but most of the time this engine felt too slow for me personaly.

But besides from those points I really like your approach! I am definitely keen on hearing more tournament results!

- Lilly of the Veil. I really liked her and played her during most of my tournaments. But she just didn't perform well. I found myself in alot of situations where I didn't want to discard anything with her, but I kinda had to plus her. Against TNN decks and DnT, she was not precise enough - they were always able to sack other dudes, be it Dryad Arbor or vialed-in Mother of Runes. Her Edict being sorcery speed lead to EoT Marit Lages, beating my face next turn. On the other hand: whenever I brought in LtLH, she was sick (could be because I brought her only in against MUs where she shines tho). Her Ultimate is a threat to any deck, so I never found her unseless. So in the end, I dropped Lilly of the Veil for her and haven't looked back since.
    I don't think you can compare these cards. Despite them both having a similar name and being planeswalkers they don't share much: I bring in LotV against Storm, Sneak&Show, Reanimator and Lands all matchups in which I wouldn't bring in Ltlh.
    Sure, she's good against Grixis and D&T, too, but the problem I have with her there is that she does the same thing my other removal spells do, too without addressing my weaknesses: In these two matchups that's Mirran Crusader, Angler, TNN. And yeah, I admit that getting one of those cards can be tough, but that's why I pack so much other removal!
    Again, just switching LotV for LtlH is wrong in my opinion. You leave yourself better against fair decks, but lack against combo and specific mainboard "hate cards".
    I also don't like Lili against Miracles: It's like a "1BB suspend 5: You win the game" card. Sure, that can be good, but often times my opponent just entreats and has a Jace that's way better than anything I have (also helping him find removal for Lili). What annoys me most in this matchup is that my creature just don't go to the graveyard, so it's really hard to get value of Lili.

- 4 Abrupt Decay. This number feels clunky somehow. If it wasn't for chalice decks, I would have cut that card entirely. Against alot of MUs I wished my clunky Decays would be more efficient removal. But I can see their worth against Blood Moon decks, against which I struggled heavily, so I might try your configuration.
    I'm definitely sold on that number. The only matchup where I'd rather have pushes than decays is against czech pile, against delver I would often times play around daze anyways. And I just love the versatility of decay.
    I feel that many Team America players go the route of switching decays for pushes and switching old Lili for the new one, only thinking about which matchups get better, but not addressing which matchups get weaker: Mainly lockpiece decks and combo.
    Today e.g. my dredge opponent always had Silent Gravestone both postboard games and my Miracles opponent had multiple lockpieces each game.

- No Fatal Pushes Maindeck. Again, I have to test that, but my removal being instant speed has saved my ass severall times against Vial decks. On the other hand, those were the only matchups, where I needed my removal being in instant. Most of the time I use those like sorceries, so maybe you are right. I definitely like the Goyf-Enhancement and permanent -2/-2 effect.
    It's hard to back this up with data, but just today my nihil spellbomb saved my ass against grixis, blocking an angler so I won that matchup because I stalled the board, golgari charmed and then liliana'd the angler. These enchantments and artifacts are just super crucial against Grixis imo.

- No Sylvan Library in 75. I dunno, Library has probably been the best SB card retrospectively for me. It helped alot in postboard games to grind out more control-ish decks like Pile and DnT or Miracles. I was even considering bringing it maindeck in place of a Ponder. I feel, we have to take it alot slower postboard and Library helps alot with the card selection.
    Library is at this spot where it's not really good against Grixis and D&T since they can just suddenly race me with TNN or Crusader. Having a card ONLY for Miracles and 4c-control just feels too narrow for me.

- Loam maindeck. I played Loam in the SB for a long time and I didn't feel like this card did enough for me. I even had it against Lands most of the time and they didn't care much. I can see how it is bonkers when you can stifle opponents manabases, but most of the time this engine felt too slow for me personaly.
    From the around 160 games I played so far I won maybe 8-10 only thanks to life from the loam. That's quite high considering it's just a one-of. And I don't count the games where it's just been a solid value-engine, especially in conjunction with Brainstorm.
    I e.g. remember winning two times against Julian as he just scooped to my loam-cabalpit-wasteland engine. The other wins were agianst Grixis, Lands and 4c-control. I like that approach because it's super hard to hate out: Sure, sometimes they have the shaman, but it's just not profitable for them to bring in Surgical (and nobody besides me plays Nihil Spellbomb).
    I can see this card being a Sylvan Library, but given that somehow my opponents always either have the decay for my library or I draw it when I'm already racing put me off that card quite a bit.

I played a league today, winning against S&T, Grixis Delver and Dredge and losing against D&T and Miracles.
    D&T was suuuper annoying since G1 I mulliganed to a 6 with 4 lands, G2 I had push, dead weight and needle in hand and he just played a prelate on 1. I had 3 turns to find decays, liliana, goyf, Leovold, really anything, but just drew ponders and brainstorms against his Jitte. Super titling, but nothing I could do.

Against Miracles I lost to Jace twice:I only saw 1 Leovold and 1 Liliana the entire 2 games, they both got council's judgemented. Not sure whether I should've brought in the 2 surgicals instead of dazes #3 and #4, I only saw one and exiled all swords which was theoretically good, but he had EEs, verdicts and judgements in addition to terminus and stp in his deck.
    That said I feel that when I counter a Jace and Surgical it I simply can't lose that matchup, it's the only card in that deck I'm actually afraid of!
    Needle would definitely have helped, I also didn't have a blue card for my FoW when the Jace got played which sucked.

Against the other decks I lost every g1 (t1 S&T, t1 LED+looting, grixis just did it's thing), but won the 2 sideboarded games, leaving me comfortable with my configuration: I basically won every game against these decks once I knew what I was playing against.

Given that the other matchups were against 2 of our 3 archenemies: Mirran Crusader and Jace (the third one is Blood Moon) I don't feel too bad overall.

May 2016
    italy

hi mates! I'm an italian player and I play Team America from February'18 (before I played Miracles)....In my first tournament I made top4 in my local tournament with this list:

http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=19353&d=323056&f=LE

4 polluted delta
    4 verdant catacombs
    1 misty rainforest
    4 wasteland
    3 underground sea
    2 bayou
    1 tropical island

4 deathrite shaman
    4 delver of secrets
    4 tarmogoyf
    2 tombstalker

1 liliana, the last hope

4 force of will
    4 ponder
    4 brainstorm
    4 daze
    4 hymn to tourach
    3 abrupt decay
    2 fatal push
    1 sylvan library

SIDEBOARD
    2 leovold, emissary of trest
    2 bitterblossom
    2 surgical extraction
    2 golgari charm
    2 diabolic edict
    2 spell pierce
    1 liliana, the last hope
    1 pithing needle
    1 toxic deluge

Ant 2-1
    Eldrazi 1-2
    D&T 2-1
    Loam 2-0
    Grixis Control 2-0
    I.D.

TOP8: Eldrazi 2-0
    TOP4: Split

19 Lands: I think this is the right number if you don't play Jace SB. In addition, CC3 spells enter from the sideboard against decks without wastelands. In addition, Sylvan Library MD helps with 19 lands and dead cards in the middle game.

2 Tombstalker: THE MVP. I don't agree to see only one Tomb, because this is the "finisher".

4 Goyf: with the add of Red in the metagame, this one is very very big. 4x and I don't leave home without them.

2 Leovold: Control, Miracles, Ant.....MVP...after game 1, this deck becomes "MIDRANGE" and I want to increase the number of creatures. Leovold in a particular moment of the game can win the game.

2 Bitterblossom: Control, Lands, BG Depths.... it helps against the worst matchups, edicts and then it is a "tribal" spell.....more engine for goyf!

2 Liliana, the last Hope MD/SB : this one gains a lot of value in this deck. For example it helps for Stalker's graveyard and recursion of creatures. This is a test....and I'm very happy with it.
    I would like to have Liliana of the veil for its -2 ability....but there is no room for it.

I like a lot these list, because I can play with all archetypes.....I chose to cut Flusterstorm for Spell Pierce for Big Red/Dragon Stompy/Eldrazi..
    In addition, Bitterblossom and Leovold are stars when they enter from the sideboard.
    What do u think about this list?
    B U G
    born by a broken condom. grown in a manger.
    twitter.com/toffino

If you really want a lotv, drop a Hymn for her. I think that will be almost the same. I play Czech pile and that's the kind of swap my deck would do well with.

Storm Trooper
    Jun 2012
    Bremen, Germany

Okay, DRS is banned. I think BUG Delver can survive this. What die you guys think?

Return to our Team America roots and Sinkhole some people.

At least, that’s what I’ll be trying for a bit until someone smarter shows me what the right call is.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Ixbpoqdxl View Post
    Return to our Team America roots and Sinkhole some people.

At least, that’s what I’ll be trying for a bit until someone smarter shows me what the right call is.
    Stifle, maybe.

Although it is hard to imagine a good reason to run Green over Red off the top of my head.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Quote Originally Posted by ironclad8690 View Post
    They only last 24 hours.
    Anyone has a discord invite?

Oct 2014
    Rockland, NY

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Stifle, maybe.

Although it is hard to imagine a good reason to run Green over Red off the top of my head.
    I believe the Brainstorm Show was working on a BUG list with Mongoose a while back. That might be a reason to stay in green.

I guess this deck is just dead.
    If you really want to play delver then it must be RUG.

The really good plays with BUG were T2 Hymn + Wasteland and these are gone.

Thread Information