Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [EDH] Zirilan of the Claw - Dragons!

Nov 2010
    Wisconsin

Re: [EDH] Zirilan of the Claw - Dragons!

Quote Originally Posted by iamfrightenedtoo View Post
    Erratic Portal is pretty unfair with Zirilian. especially with the Dragons that have come into play triggered abilities.
    Okay, wasn't thinking of that application. That one could be worth it. I'm still not a fan of the rest though.

Hi all!!

How do you feel about knollspine dragon?

I had it in my hand all day i didt casted it because of zirilian almost does not asign damage

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenCid View Post
    Hi all!!

How do you feel about knollspine dragon?

I had it in my hand all day i didt casted it because of zirilian almost does not asign damage
    Sorry for doubleposting i will give you some context.
    I was on a 3 man table with knolspine, blasfphemous act and through the breach with zirilian on line. So the thing seemed easy: activate zirilian, heat the opo cast ttb and drop knolspine. The problem was that i had no enough mana for both o simply i didnt thoght i worth...because blasphemous act looked relevant, so i need to heat the opo with zirilian for 3 and then the dragon.

My main question is: how do you abuse the hability of knolspine dragon? In your turn or in the eot of an opo fetched by zirilian?

Cheers!!

Nov 2010
    Wisconsin

I don't run Knollspine at all. I never ran into a situation where I searched for him when he was in the deck, so I cut him. I've been running Zirilan for a few years now and he just doesn't fit my gameplan.

By the way, I've been looking into some of the new cards from Dragons of Tarkir. There might be a couple that could find a home here.

I guess "dragonic tutor" and the. New dragonspeaker shaman could fit here

Enviado desde mi XT890 mediante Tapatalk

Nov 2010
    Wisconsin

Those are the exact two that I've been thinking about and I'm more interested in the goblin.

Nov 2014
    Antipolo City, Philippines

Now testing Akoum Hellkite from Battle for Zendikar - Hoard-Smelter Dragon got cut.

Also testing Scour from Existence..

Quote Originally Posted by Thagumphay View Post
    Now testing Akoum Hellkite from Battle for Zendikar - Hoard-Smelter Dragon got cut.

Also testing Scour from Existence..
    Im not pretty sure that is the replacement you have to do.
    Even im not sure that dragon is necesary. We have ryusei, balefire dragon, bogardan hellkite and so on, but i didnt tested it.
    Scour seems a good promise for spot removal

Nov 2010
    Wisconsin

In my opinion, the new Hellkite is not worth it. There is no reason to run such a small body that has such a low impact effect. The only way you get value is if you either cast him or sundial him, which is way too inconsistent for my tastes. Hoard-Smelter is one of the more flexible dragons as it kills artifacts, so I feel that he is irreplaceable.

I look at the Scour and my gut tells me that 7 mana for spot removal isn't worth it, but I could be wrong. It's definitely worse than Karn in comparison, but could be run alongside if you feel that you need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by danpo View Post
    At minimum I'd say it outclasses Beetleback Chief.

Thread Information