Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Source T-Shirt

Administrator
    Nov 2003
    Portland, OR

Source T-Shirt

Greetings! I've been getting inquiries from people about a Source t-shirt, and I've finally decided to start working on getting that going, since the playmats were such a success. I've reworked the original playmat image to work better on a t-shirt, and Dave (MyElectronicDays) has kindly taken the time to whip up a Jace to add to the image!

Here's the new image:

And here's roughly what it would look like on a t-shirt:

I'm still doing research on who to use for printing so I don't have any information on pricing at the moment, but my intention is to opt for heavyweight, high quality shirts and printing. My hope is that we can keep them in the $20-$25 range.

I'd like to gauge community interest here before moving ahead with printing, because it's a significant up front investment on my part. If you're pretty sure you'd want to order one or more of these when they're printed, please post here and say so. For the moment, assume they'll be about $20-$25 + $5ish apiece for shipping in the US, and + $15ish for shipping to Europe. Again, these costs are just an estimate at the moment, but that's roughly the target. Also if you feel like including the size(s) you'd want, that would help me gauge what proportion of each size to get when we move forward with printing.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to post them as well. Thanks!

Zombie Elf Warrior
    Dec 2004
    seattle

Re: Source T-Shirt

Count me in! Also +1 for using heavyweight fabrics. I've had to pass on plenty of awesome T-shirts because they were printed on American Apparel stock tees. And those Eurocut superthin fabric hipster shirts just don't accentuate (hide) my man-curves the way I need them to. I'd buy two size L shirts. And I know plenty of friends who would order some as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    was greg mitchells hair ever on camera?
    Elves Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/2EVsdw2

Site Contributor
    Jul 2013
    Austin, TX

you know id buy one! Nothing like getting my face kicked in by a first time legacy player while im repping this shirt.
    ArtStation: Dgreco current work
    Playing Junk NicFit
    Daveg3d on MODO

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Personally, I think the Source logo is too low and thus, the result looks weird. I think it should be higher, more on chest-height, e.g. like this.

I'm not sure how to make that work with the current artwork, though. Maybe Source logo on chest height, picture below?

Administrator
    Nov 2003
    Portland, OR

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Personally, I think the Source logo is too low and thus, the result looks weird. I think it should be higher, more on chest-height, e.g. like this.

I'm not sure how to make that work with the current artwork, though. Maybe Source logo on chest height, picture below?
    Personally I'd rather the artwork be the focal point and the site name be secondary to that, but that's just my opinion.

Pray for Rain
    May 2010
    Philadelphia, PA, USA

In. Adult large is usually swell for someone my height
    Matt Bevenour in real life

Super Secret Tech "Ooh...shiny!"
    Jul 2010
    Edinboro, PA

I'm definitely interested in 2 large.

I think there are some places that will ship to multiple addresses instead of all to one place and still have the discount for the larger orders.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Can't understand wanting the new new border if you have a choice, for any reason. You have to be a casual or have rickets.
    Cockatrice: EMFry

Jul 2011
    California

I want one!
    Legacy: Miracles

Dec 2011
    USA

Holy cow this is awesome! I didn't get a playmat because I travel as light as I can when going from event to event but, a T-shirt is something I don't have to pack because you wear it! I need to find someone with a credit card and give them the cost of this shirt so I can get one ^^
    Primary legacy deck High Tide primer

Administrator
    Nov 2003
    Portland, OR

Feline, paypal is the typical method of payment, but for members without that ability I can do a personal check or money order. It will just take a little longer to get sent that way is all.

Site Contributor

Dec 2011

Please don't make them all heavy weight, those beefy t's are terrible, might as well be wearing a mumu. The neck and arms always stretch because there is no elasticity.

Administrator
    Nov 2003
    Portland, OR

Oh yeah, I totally agree. When I say heavyweight, I just mean not American Apparel thin, falls apart after two washes kind of a deal. I fucking hate shirts like that. But I also hate feeling like I'm wearing a shirt made out of corrugated cardboard. My goal will be to find shirts that are thick but super soft. I'm picky as fuck about the t-shirts I wear, so rest assured I'll be making sure we're getting a quality product.

Site Contributor

Dec 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    Oh yeah, I totally agree. When I say heavyweight, I just mean not American Apparel thin, falls apart after two washes kind of a deal. I fucking hate shirts like that. But I also hate feeling like I'm wearing a shirt made out of corrugated cardboard. My goal will be to find shirts that are thick but super soft. I'm picky as fuck about the t-shirts I wear, so rest assured I'll be making sure we're getting a quality product.

Sign me up for a Large if 100% cotton, Medium if its a poly blend.

Big Fat Hard Kicks, Oh My God I Want That Shit!
    Apr 2011

I'm obviously down. Would prefer a more "athletic" shirt (poly-blend/dri-fit), but depending on the printer/method we might all be able to pick our own shirt material.

got a new bike
    Sep 2013

Would the proceeds go to support the site, like the playmats?

I'm down for one, either large or medium depending on the material.
    Quote Originally Posted by danyul View Post
    TNN is so uninteractive that you can't even target him with your feelings.
    Deadguy Ale, U/R Painter

2 for me :) Sent PM.

I'd be down. One medium for me.
    "We are goblinkind, heirs to the mountain empires of chieftains past. Rest is death to us, and arson is our call to war."

Jun 2012
    Berlin, Germany

I'm pretty positive, the legacy crowd of Berlin would be in for around 10 shirts.

best

Administrator
    Nov 2003
    Portland, OR

Quote Originally Posted by shrubs View Post
    Would the proceeds go to support the site, like the playmats?
    Yes they would, and also theoretically to bankroll other projects like playmats and shirts with alternate designs.

Jan 2014
    Halifax, NS

I could totaly use a shirt like this for GPNJ

Thread Information