Thread: [Free Article] So Many Insane Plays -- The "So Do You Wear a Cape?" Book Review

[Free Article] So Many Insane Plays -- The "So Do You Wear a Cape?" Book Review

http://www.eternalcentral.com/so-man...e-book-review/

Teaser:

Enthusiast Titus Chalk has authored a brilliant, page-turning history of Magic: The Gathering sprinkled with entertaining anecdotes, remarkably deep insights, and journalistic treasures. Chalk’s brisk narrative, brimming with behind-the-scenes stories that reflect painstaking investigatory work, traces the broad arc of Magic’s 20+ year history. Chalk sketches the development of the game, its unbridled growth, and the myriad debates and issues surrounding it, from the complaints of fundamentalist parents over the ‘demonic’ elements of the game, to the emergence of the Pro Tour (with its heroes and villains), the business of the game, from its initial financing to its sale to Hasbro (with Richard Garfield pocketing a cool $100 million, no less), to the growth of the secondary market, to the wrangling over the Reserved List. It’s all covered.
    This is my first book review, and I use this as an opportunity to expound on ideas on some important ideas I've had for a while...

Site Contributor

Sep 2013
    DFW

Re: [Free Article] So Many Insane Plays -- The "So Do You Wear a Cape?" Book Review

Thanks for the review and mentioning it on the most recent podcast. It is definitely on my list of books to read now.
    Currently Playing
    Legacy: ANT

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    Only one AdNaus deck in the top 16 this week?

THANKS OBAMA.

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Re: [Free Article] So Many Insane Plays -- The "So Do You Wear a Cape?" Book Review

Thanks for a thoughtful and meaty review.

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I hope others do as well.

Thread Information