Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: U/G Eureka & Show

Re: U/G Eureka & Show

Quote Originally Posted by KobeBryan View Post
    Anyone see the top 8
    I did, congrats to the deck builder if he posts on here.

Any updates to this list?

I was going to try out Hererra's list this weekend.

I do feel that switching Daze's to spell pierces might be nice.

Another change is cutting an Omniscience (or all of them) for more threats.

I have been using This List lately

Land (20)
    3x Ancient Tomb
    2x Boseiju, Who Shelters All
    1x City of Traitors
    4x Flooded Strand
    2x Island
    4x Polluted Delta
    4x Tropical Island

Creature (5)
    2x Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    3x Griselbrand

Sorcery (16)
    4x Eureka
    4x Ponder
    4x Preordain
    4x Show and Tell

Instant (8)
    4x Brainstorm
    4x Force of Will

Planeswalker (3)
    1x Karn Liberated
    2x Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

Enchantment (4)
    4x Omniscience
    Artifact (4)
    4x Lotus Petal

Sideboard (15)
    1x Ashen Rider
    1x Chain of Vapor
    2x Flusterstorm
    1x Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur
    3x Krosan Grip
    4x Leyline of Sanctity
    2x Mana Maze
    1x Tidespout Tyrant

This is a video of me playing it on stream

The decks main problem is early aggro. I am thinking of upping the counter magic, adding a Progenitus and another ashen rider.

I also think an Intuition may be good in here.

Any thoughts?

Hi everyone!
    if someone is still playing this deck, I 'd like to discuss about some strategies

hope I'm not alone here!

Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    Hi everyone!
    if someone is still playing this deck, I 'd like to discuss about some strategies

hope I'm not alone here!
    ME!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by James718 View Post
    ME!!!!!!!!!!!
    Could you eloborate? I wonder how the most recent ug decklists look like now

So happy to reanimate the thread :D!
    I'm new to this deck, so maybe my doubts are very stupid, but let's try. First of all, I mostly tested this deck goldfishing in force, trying to get the most optimized build. Here are my thoughts:

1) daze vs spell pierce. This regards also the classical omni build maybe. Anyway I prefer daze, I spend my turn using cantrips, opponents' EOT for brainstorm or sensei, I prefer to have a free counter rather than stay open with 1 blue. I know that daze is less efficient in late game and with no denial, but this deck is build to avoid late game, I prefer to avoid early menaces. Daze is great also against discards.

2) lotus petal/ESG/fast mana: I really don't know if they deserve slots or not. IF you start with them in hand and you have some combo ready, of course they are great. But in late game they are useless. If you don't have some combo in the first turns, they are useless. Post-omni they are useless. Some one can argue that if you put griselbrand in play with eureka or S&T, with no omni, you can draw 7/14 to find some petals and S&T again into omni. Well, I tried, it's not so easy to do this: I mean, it's possible, but it's a plan that I don't like. In general: why should I have 3/4 cards that are useful sometimes rather than having 3/4 more cantrips, that are always useful (pre and post omni)?

3) number of eureka: in my tests I started with 3 eureka. But I found difficult to combo out with it. Against wasteland reach 2 green can be an issue (yes, we have lotus petal.......). Eureka can be risky with some deck: eldrazi, D&T, tribal decks basically put all their hands down. If you have only a griselbrand or an emrakul, we are in a bad situation. The safest and best plan is S&T into omni, period. But there is a reason why I like this green version of the deck: also 1 eureka is +25% to put an omniscence into play, and post side I like to have a B plan against cards like surgical extraction or slaughter game. So, what do you think about 1 eureka mainboard and 1 sideboard? I really really like green also for some cards like xantid swarm and krosan grip, they win some games by theirselves.

4) planeswalkers/fatty boys: I don't like cunning wish, and since we have eureka I think is better to have griselbrand instead cunning. So 2 emrakul+3 griselbrand I think is the perfect number. Ugin is SO powerful, this card wins alone also if the opponent puts everything into the battlefield after an eureka. BUT there are a lot of eldrazi around.....against them ugin is very very weak. basically it can kill only the mimic. Too risky: I'm very sad, but I think playing 2 ugin is dangerous nowadays. I changed one ugin with nicol bolas: not so great, but at the moment I don't know exactly how to do.......cut a griselbrand for another ugin and keep nicol?

that's all (today! :D)

Jan 2014
    Baltimore, MD

I haven't hopped back on the Eureka train, but I've been thinking about it. My metagame is playing very fair magic at the moment, so I've been contemplating playing unfair magic to beat them senseless.

I feel like there are plenty of ways to get around tribal and eldrazi...
    Platinum emperion is a 8/8 which requires double dismember from eldrazi, swords from D&T,

Maybe someone should investigate a living wish SB for this deck. One can get silver bullet creatures and lands (Bosieju / Sol Land).

I always liked the Plan B angle of attack. I wonder if Thing in the Ice has a spot in SB. There are 28+ spells in this deck. :-)

nice to see you here machooga :D

At the moment I'm testing also UB omnitell and sadly (i really really like UG splash) I think it's better. Thoughtseize/duress are cards that can win the game by themselves if used correctly. Green has a lot of dead cards, eureka is difficult to cast against wasteland deck; after S&T->omni->griselbrand you can find nothing, or sometimes you don't have 7 life points to use (or 11 at least against bolt); it's reality, strongest decks put pressure on the opponent (eldrazi, D&T, grixis) or heavy control (miracle, UBG), or both. Waiting third round cantripping and try to protect the combo with counterspell isn't the greatest way to win in this game IMHO.

Thread Information