Thread: Mead Hall Minneapolis Saturday tournament question-

got a new bike
    Sep 2013

Mead Hall Minneapolis Saturday tournament question-

A question for the Twin Cities folks out there- the Mead Hall's website says there's a Saturday night Legacy tournament every week at 8pm. Is this firing/how's the attendance?

I don't want to make the trip, struggle with parking downtown, etc, just to hang around and have no one show up. I've been sporadically popping into other stores' weeklies and they never seem to fire, so I figured I'd ask first this time before I waste too much effort.

I hope this is firing as it's a tournament I could actually attend regularly, with work being as it is.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by danyul View Post
    TNN is so uninteractive that you can't even target him with your feelings.
    Deadguy Ale, U/R Painter

Aug 2012
    Minneapolis, MN

Re: Mead Hall Minneapolis Saturday tournament question-

Quote Originally Posted by shrubs View Post
    A question for the Twin Cities folks out there- the Mead Hall's website says there's a Saturday night Legacy tournament every week at 8pm. Is this firing/how's the attendance?

I don't want to make the trip, struggle with parking downtown, etc, just to hang around and have no one show up. I've been sporadically popping into other stores' weeklies and they never seem to fire, so I figured I'd ask first this time before I waste too much effort.

I hope this is firing as it's a tournament I could actually attend regularly, with work being as it is.

Thanks!
    Last time I check, it really hadn't been firing that often. The Wednesday night fire all the time. Sadly, I don't get to play my favorite format that often anywhere. :(

Mar 2014
    Minnesota

Definetly what he said about wed night. Its a big buy in to play since 1st palce is $100 (not sure how accurate i am) but if you are looking for a place to play weekly legacy i would recommend Legion Games in Burnsvile. I am a regular to the weekly legacy over there. Every one is amazing over at that store. It starts at about 6:30 pm 4 rounds, we usually get a turnout of a little shy of 20 people. The enviroment is lot more relaxed and a very good place to start learning (brought our friend who never played magic before and told the rules and has been coming with us ever since). Another bonus is the buy in for the event is only $5 with 4-0 being $15 store credit, 3-1 $9 store credit and 2-2 1 pack.

Quote Originally Posted by shrubs View Post

Thanks!
    The Wednesday night always fires, and it is a great place to play. The prize support is great ($100 for 4-0 and money back for 2-1-1). It is a great meta and everyone is very friendly. The lowest turnout I've seen in 10 to just shy of 30.

got a new bike
    Sep 2013

This is what I feared, I can't commit to a regular tourney during the week, but I appreciate the suggestions. The search goes on for weekend Legacy!

I've been thinking of starting a weekend meetup at a local store to play a few games of Legacy. Unsanctioned obviously, but an excuse to sling some (good) cards and BS. The catch is that I'm not a good coordinator or capable of using the social medias to get the word out.

And I'd like to get some practice in before SCG Minneapolis this fall, or else I'll be 0-2 dropping with burn like a champ
    Quote Originally Posted by danyul View Post
    TNN is so uninteractive that you can't even target him with your feelings.
    Deadguy Ale, U/R Painter

Thread Information