Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Everyday Eternal Episode 19] : A Noble Undertaking - Carsten Kotter, Greg Mitchell

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

[Everyday Eternal Episode 19] : A Noble Undertaking - Carsten Kotter, Greg Mitchell

Greeting's all!

http://www.eternalcentral.com/everyd...e-undertaking/

This time on Everyday Eternal, we interview Greg Mitchell, the winner of SCG Seattle and Carsten Kotter of StarCityGames fame! We talk about Greg's SCG tournament report, Bahra's Noble Fish deck, the American vs. European metagame prior to Bazaar of Moxen, Plays of the Week, and Underplayed Cards for this Week!

0:01:04 Greg’s SCG Seattle Report
    0:22:00 Bahra’s Noble Fish Deck
    0:32:30 American vs European Metagame
    0:41:30 Plays of the Week
    0:56:45 Cards to consider playing
    1: 11 :29 Outro

Thanks again for listening! If you have any questions or just want to chat, let us know on Twitter (@EternalMTG), like us on Facebook (facebook.com/EverydayEternalPodcast), or email (EverydayEternalCast@gmail.com), or in the comments section below.

-Matt

Jul 2012
    Copenhagen, Denmark

Re: [Everyday Eternal Episode 19] : A Noble Undertaking - Carsten Kotter, Greg Mitche

Great show (again). Awesome to have Carsten on which is something I've been hoping for for a while :) More of that please! Looking forward to learning more about the banned-card thing. The scoundrel in me is ready to brew with my 4 Mind's Desire ;)

Regards,

Martin

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Re: [Everyday Eternal Episode 19] : A Noble Undertaking - Carsten Kotter, Greg Mitche

Thanks matt, I listened to the noble fish portion only. I believe you are right about the lack of mothers in the MD...it needs to be increased just for protection and for free hits

looter is only good when you have lots of cards in your hands and doesn't really do much when you only have 1-2 cards. That number can certainly drop

It's a shame that you guys hadn't seen Caleb Durward's banned series where he's playing with a banned card to show that it might not need to be banned anymore. Otherwise, great podcast as always. Was great to have Carsten on this time.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Zllig View Post
    It's a shame that you guys hadn't seen Caleb Durward's banned series where he's playing with a banned card to show that it might not need to be banned anymore. Otherwise, great podcast as always. Was great to have Carsten on this time.
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...e-The-B-R-List

You mean my 4-year old Source post? And Carsten's article that he wrote a year or two ago? ;)

-Matt

Joe Cool Above All
    Sep 2007

I actually really liked the idea of MD Meddling Mages for Noble Fish.

You guys are taking stuff out of context. When your deck has 3 Snapcasters and plenty of removals, why not SB in More removals to abuse Snapcasters? Counterbalance is good against RUG because it can counter Bolts with consistency, but BUG has no such thing. BUG's win condition is solely creature Beatdown with occasional Liliana ultimates. Hence, since we have to take out something, taking out Abrupt Decay/Golgari Charm targets does make sense.

Now, if you don't run 3 Snapcasters like Ein, then..., does it make sense to go with that SB plan? You might want to take the opposite approach, which is to overload enchantments with all the CB and RiP to overwhelm enchantment hate.

Therefore, it's really built dependent. Can't really just make an assessment like the one you guys did in the podcast.
    Last edited by twndomn; 04-27-2014 at 07:11 PM.

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Good guests, good topics, great show. Welcome back, nedleeds. Also, I share your love of land destruction.

Norwegian Polarbear Fighter

Jan 2012

As always, good topics and good amount of humour. Carsten's microphone and sound was a bit annoying, but what can you do?
    @Stoyrm on Twitter, i usually tweet about Legacy and Magic :)

We are lost. We can never go home.
    May 2011
    Noricum

Even though I disagree with what you say about Miracles - great and enjoyable episode once again :)

Greetings
    My articles here, here, here and here | My current list | Follow me on Twitter | Questions I answered.

Thanks Sam for editing this one in between magic events and trips to the massage parlor!

Say no to creatures.

May 2013

I loved this episode, you should have nedleeds on board more often. And having more than an article on the "Battle of Banned" could also be interesting. With decklist competition type of thing there'd be endless discussion but maybe a Source tournament on Cockatrice? Pick 1 card to unban except P9 (and ante cards), build your beast of a deck and battle it out with the other Sources..
    Legacy: Rituals
    Vintage: Drains

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs View Post
    I loved this episode, you should have nedleeds on board more often. And having more than an article on the "Battle of Banned" could also be interesting. With decklist competition type of thing there'd be endless discussion but maybe a Source tournament on Cockatrice? Pick 1 card to unban except P9 (and ante cards), build your beast of a deck and battle it out with the other Sources..
    While this would be fun, it wouldnt provide any real evidence of cards being unbannable. You need to test your banned card decks vs current legacy decks to get a real gauge on whether or not a card is truly overpowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Say no to creatures.

May 2013

Sure, it wouldn't. It would be fun and would probably only give food for thought.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs View Post
    Sure, it wouldn't. It would be fun and would probably only give food for thought.
    I think the whole point of testing banned cards (the realistic ones anyway) is to see if they are truly still overpowered.
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Say no to creatures.

May 2013

Well I think having an event to battle out broken decks with banned cards would draw out more lists then a list-based competition on the forum. If you absolutely want to take away something from the whole thing you can then take a look at the lists people came up with and test them against your gauntlet. I guess it depends on what your goal is with this.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    I think the whole point of testing banned cards (the realistic ones anyway) is to see if they are truly still overpowered.
    Most of the cards, being considered safe for unbanning, isn't banned, simply because of being overpowered. They are banned, due to being oppressive.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

When Brainstorm is making up an average of like 85% of the Top 8's, it is difficult for me to think of anything like mind twist being "oppressive".

Site Contributor

Sep 2013
    DFW

Great show, always nice to have nedleeds commentary. Highlight of the podcast for me was when Carsten said "God man, you're so bad, how did you do that?" because I think every storm player has had that thought at some point.
    Currently Playing
    Legacy: ANT

Only one AdNaus deck in the top 16 this week?

THANKS OBAMA.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by afb0032 View Post
    Great show, always nice to have nedleeds commentary. Highlight of the podcast for me was when Carsten said "God man, you're so bad, how did you do that?" because I think every storm player has had that thought at some point.
    Very true. Hence why I don't play storm anymore lol

Thread Information