Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Banned and Restricted list update

Re: Banned and Restricted list update

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    To be fair, there are a LOT of goblins that destroy artifacts already, including one that does the "comes into play" thing for GR
    Tin-Street Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    And many, many decks that currently get oppressed by the SnT decks (can't interact with the stack? you lose) would be able to come back out of the woodwork.
    I've always found this claim to be a bit funny when Death & Taxes is one of the best decks in the format against Show and Tell

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Jund does not interact with the stack a whole lot. Manages to make you cry just fine on its own.

Also, this thread is the biggest shitfest I have seen in ages AND Pony is not here... come on guys.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Show and tell is more like a3 mana ritual that makes 15 mana
    And is a win con itself. If it was a ritual, you could let the ritual resolve and counter Griseltard or Omnidrool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    I've always found this claim to be a bit funny when Death & Taxes is one of the best decks in the format against Show and Tell
    Well, in fairness, making your opponent's spells cost more is *kind of* interacting with the stack. Ish. It makes the stack more hostile for your opponent, I guess? It's not the same, but it totally is.

sent from phone, don't be a dick
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

DnT also has the benefit of subverting all the "poop a Legendary into play" stuff with Karakas, which honestly seems like a happy accident. Would Karakas ever have been tried if not for Mangara? I dunno if someone would have put it in on a whim unless it had already been good somewhere else.

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    DnT also has the benefit of subverting all the "poop a Legendary into play" stuff with Karakas, which honestly seems like a happy accident. Would Karakas ever have been tried if not for Mangara? I dunno if someone would have put it in on a whim unless it had already been good somewhere else.

I planned to play three to four Karakases in a brew I brewed several years ago. It was in a time when card was in a 10-15 USD range, unfortunately our lgs had none of them. It was before I even started to tinker with an idea to tinker with ebay and such, and it did not took long and Karakas was a 900 crowns affair. That was when I decided to not bother myself anymore; about the time when DnT became known. Known, not big. Now when he land costs over two thousand... bah.
    A little pity. I'd love to have several Karakases just like I still got eight Tombs. Edit: five only.

Remember when Wizards cared about Legacy? I don't either.
    Nowhere do you see: Efficient Answers to Other Cards. Force and MMS will never be banned. Deal.
    Bardo, Site Admin

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Yea, I remember. Goblin Bidding was a deck at the time.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Yea, I remember. Goblin Bidding was a deck at the time.
    See, I like that deck better when it was Zombies. Noxious Ghoul in the bin, sucks to be you brah

Apr 2014
    Arkansas

It might just be the people I play against doing it wrong but Delver doesn't really bother me all that much. Then again, when you're running pox and small pox there's not much that does except artifacts and combo.

As a side note, the one thing I'd like to see unbanned is strip mine. Yes, i'm the kind of dick that enjoys blowing up land, and strip mine being legal would have the added bonus of bringing down the price of wasteland.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

If you think Strip Mine should be unbanned then you should probably just delete your account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
    As a side note, the one thing I'd like to see unbanned is strip mine.
    This is without a doubt the worst post I have seen in the history of Magic: The Gathering. I've been looking for a reason to stop playing magic and this was enough to push me over the edge. I'm also considering never posting here again because what little faith I had in humanity was destroyed by this simple sentence.

In defense of Jerome, who did make a silly* comment, LD could (in my opinion should) be pushed more than the nothing* it currently is. In a world where black and blue have disruption, red used to be up there as well (to a much lesser extent Green and Black). Blue counter, Black discard, Red land destruction. Those were all interference abilities, until it was decided that "un-fun" was a just reason to stop doing something (even though it's a weak argument today), and LD stopped being a pushed concept.

But an unbanned Stripmine makes Wastelands worthless and then Manaless Dredge will rule them all because all lands die, all the time. ESG and SSG (possibly Manamorphose), along with Lotus Bloom, LED, and Lotus Petal will all become $$$ * the sadness of no land games. Guess ANT becomes even more boss hog'ish.

Actually, unban Stripmine, I'm totally in favor of that now. Manaless Dredge and ANT vs. 4 Wasteland + 4 Stripmine.dec

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

4x Waste, 4x Strip would be hilariously miserable.
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Clergyman of Cool
    Mar 2009
    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm

It might just be the people I play against doing it wrong but Delver doesn't really bother me all that much. Then again, when you're running pox and small pox there's not much that does except artifacts and combo.

As a side note, the one thing I'd like to see unbanned is strip mine. Yes, i'm the kind of dick that enjoys blowing up land, and strip mine being legal would have the added bonus of bringing down the price of wasteland.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Holy shit what a dunk. I'm surprised LeBron hasn't broken the glass yet. He slams it with some force.

Apr 2009
    NEPA

As a side note, the one thing I'd like to see unbanned is strip mine.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoFireheart View Post
    This is without a doubt the worst post I have seen in the history of Magic: The Gathering. I've been looking for a reason to stop playing magic and this was enough to push me over the edge. I'm also considering never posting here again because what little faith I had in humanity was destroyed by this simple sentence.
    This post made me laugh uncontrollably dead ass serious

Admin
    Oct 2003
    Redondo Beach, CA

This thread has deteriorated enough, please continue any B&R discussion in the original Banned and Restricted discussion thread.
    Monday Night Magic: http://rfimd2000.tripod.com/images/mnm/mondaynight.htm

Team
    Left
    Field

Thread Information