Proud member of Team CAB
    High Priest of the Church of BLA

CAB JaceTM

My articles

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Re: [Article]Eternal Europe: Ten More To Play

Some of the cards you mentioned already see a lot of play in at least sideboards and have been doing so for quite some time now, so that was a bit of a letdown.

That being said, the Remora is pretty cool, especially when backed up by 8 free counters.

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

This is a very helpful article that is easy to write if you know the format. Thanks for a good read.

Also,
    I have messed with Toxic Deluge enough to know that there is another dimension to that card that nobody (even Carsten?) seems to notice just by looking at it. You get to control if big creatures stick around. So, if you have the biggest guy on the field, and your opponent has several smaller ones, it is a one-sided sweeper. Yes, Death's Shadow is still weak-sauce. But Tombstalker and company are certainly not. Now you know what your deck should look like if you want to break this card. It is a tempo and card advantage piece in one, and it Will win you games.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is a very helpful article that is easy to write if you know the format. Thanks for a good read.

Also,
    I have messed with Toxic Deluge enough to know that there is another dimension to that card that nobody (even Carsten?) seems to notice just by looking at it. You get to control if big creatures stick around. So, if you have the biggest guy on the field, and your opponent has several smaller ones, it is a one-sided sweeper. Yes, Death's Shadow is still weak-sauce. But Tombstalker and company are certainly not. Now you know what your deck should look like if you want to break this card. It is a tempo and card advantage piece in one, and it Will win you games.
    I run Toxic Deluge in a URb Landstill deck in Vintage and I absolutely love the card. I haven't tested it in Legacy yet, but it would be even more useful in this format. I'm surprised you don't see it more.
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle".
    - Albert Einstein

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

Also,
    One great advantage of the Tombstalker TA builds is the ability to cast utterly one-sided Golgari Charms. Deluge is a logical extension of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Also,
    Agreed. Yesterday in my win and in, I had 2x DRS, a Stoneforge and 2 Lingering Souls. My opponent had a DRS and a goyf. He deluge for 2 and absolutely wrecked my board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

@Echelon: Admittedly, some of these are already quite well-liked. I just feel they're still underused. It's pretty tough to find ten Mystic Remoras all for the same meta, sadly :)

@Finn: Thanks :) Concerning the Toxic Deluge thing, that's one time where my proclivities have betrayed my writing. I'm quite aware of the blow out Deluge can be with bigger creatures, but as that's a situation that essentially never comes up for me - what with me not playing creatures and all that ;) - I usually don't think about that aspect and therefore forget to talk about it. Thanks for catching that!

@Megadeus: Saw something very much along those lines happen on the SCG stream (after writing the article). That wasn't you by any chance?
    I don't have low self-esteem, I have low esteem for everyone else. -Daria

Proud member of Team CAB
    High Priest of the Church of BLA

CAB JaceTM

My articles

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Iwas the man getting blown out by it. Deluge is so under played. If I owned goyfs, I'd play it
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Thread Information